What to Watch Friday: Austin & Jessie & Ally Rock New Year's, Fringe Seeks a Seer and More

ROSS LYNCH, LAURA MARANO, DEBBY RYANOn TV this Friday: Austin & Jessie & Ally think it’s hip to be (in Times) Square, Last Man Standing doesn’t duck the tough questions, Fringe recruits a great Scott and Haven‘s Audrey gets a wake-up call. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Kitchen Nightmares (Fox) | Chef Ramsay tries to save a beachside restaurant and the marriage of the pair who own it, both of which suffer when business ebbs each winter.

8 pm Nikita (The CW) | An arms dealer captured by Nikita winds up depending on her for survival when Amanda double-crosses him.

8 pm Last Man Standing (ABC) | Mike brings home a duck he shot for dinner, precipitating a conversation about the circle of life during which Ryan, a vegan, offers a surprising opinion.

8 pm Austin & Jessie & Ally All-Star New Year (Disney Channel) | In this hour-long crossover, Austin is booked to play Times Square on New Year’s Eve. Whee! But when he, Ally, Trish and Dez get stuck on Manhattan’s crowded streets, Jessie comes up with a plan to save the day. Watch an exclusive clip:

Loading video...

RELATED | Fringe‘s Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv Likely to Skip Pilot Season After Series Wraps

9 pm Fringe (Fox) | As she looks for a key piece of equipment for Walter, Olivia encounters the oracle-like Simone (guest star Jill Scott, Steel Magnolias). Meanwhile, Peter’s in danger as he observes überObserver Captain Windmark. (Read preview.)

9 pm CSI: NY (CBS) | The CSI’s go all Boardwalk Empire as they investigate the murder of an owner of a 1920s-inspired speakeasy. Melissa Fumero (One Life to Live) guest-stars.

9 pm Restless (Sundance) | This two-part miniseries stars Downton Abbey‘s Michelle Dockery as a woman who discovers that her mother was recruited as a spy during World War II. (Part 2 airs next Friday.)

9 pm Phineas and Ferb (Disney Channel) | Season 4 premiere: National Hockey League star Luc Robataille helps out when the brothers’ hockey game gets a little insane. Candace, meanwhile, tries to keep her resolution of not busting the boys as they plan their own New Year’s Eve ball drop.

RELATED | Ben Savage Promises Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World Won’t Ruin Childhood Memories

10 pm Blue Bloods (CBS) | In a twist, The Sopranos‘ Chazz Palminteri and John Ventimiglia guest-star as good guys vs. wiseguys — law enforcement officials working against the Mob.

10 pm Haven (Syfy) | Audrey awakens to find all of Haven’s residents asleep — except for one man.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (22)

• Since “Jessie” is my “Sunday morning brunch” show, it looks like I will have to schedule an extra-long brunch this time. Not that I mind. More Jessie, more food. :)

Comment by Lambsilencer – December 7, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe and Haven. (I wish Grimm was on too) I love my Friday Night Strange shows!!!!!

Comment by Corinne – December 7, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this moniker for the three shows!!!!

Comment by GeekGirl13 – December 7, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita

Comment by Renee – December 7, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My kids love Jessie and Austin & Ally so I’m sure I’ll be watching that tonight with them.

Comment by Jared – December 7, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita, Fringe, CSI:NY, Blue Bloods and Haven for me tonight.

Comment by Justin – December 7, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe!
    Will watch CSI:NY on On Demand tomorrow.

Comment by SK – December 7, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita and Fringe, my current favorite line up!

Comment by portiaslegacy – December 7, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Malibu Country!!!

Comment by Eric – December 7, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since I like Austin & Ally and I’m beginning to like Jessie, I try to watch.

Comment by Androme – December 7, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI: NY and the season finale of Hunted

Comment by King – December 7, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season finale of Hunted was last week, but I am sure you can find it somewhere if you looked hard enough.

Comment by KS – December 7, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Man Standing and Malibu Country

Comment by Andy – December 7, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven LIVE, or delayed only as much as absolutely necessary. CSI NY is set to be DVRed as well. Someday I’m going to buy Fringe as a box set and watch it all at once.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – December 7, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita

Comment by ollie – December 7, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven. I love this show!

Comment by Bonnie – December 7, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are we getting new Grimm?

Comment by Heathers – December 7, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMS and Malibu Country

Comment by nick1372 – December 7, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blue Bloods: what happened to Danny Regans partner Jackie Curstolo?

Fringe is the best to bad it’s their last season.

Comment by Dee – December 7, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post