Revenge Exclusive: 'Iconic' TV Actress Circling Role of Nolan's Mother

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Revenge Season 2 Spoilers Nolan MotherMom’s the word on Season 2 of Revenge, what with both Emily and Victoria “reuniting” with their respective mothers on the ABC soap this fall. Might Nolan be the next Hampton-ite to come face-to-face with his maker? The character’s portrayer, Gabriel Mann, certainly hopes so. In fact, he’s already taken the liberty of jumpstarting the casting process!

RELATED | Scoop on Revenge‘s ‘Unapologetic’ Bisexual Love Triangle

“I don’t want to jinx it, [but] I had an actress — one of my favorite actresses on one of the most amazing shows that is no longer on the air, but I would say is quite iconic — approach me at a party about her love of [Revenge],” Mann recalls to TVLine. “[She] said that since we’re doing all sorts of mama drama in Season 2 here, why don’t we meet Nolan’s mom?

“There was an unofficial Kim Basinger-like verbal agreement that she would be interested in signing up,” he adds. “So, I’m hoping that happens.”

RELATED | Revenge‘s Madeleine Stowe on Rising Death Toll and the Initiative’s Big Plan

One hurdle appears to have already been cleared: Mann received an informal sign-off from series creator Mike Kelley. “He clapped his hands together and got that twisted little Nolan smile on his face,” says the actor of his boss’ reaction to the news. “So, I’m hoping that was a yes.”

Whomever ends up scoring the plum part, Mann predicts that the MIA Ms. Ross will be “quite interesting If she has even half of Nolan’s qualities,” adding, “I would be really interested to see where he came from.”

OK, put on your thinking caps and hit the comments with an answer to this question: Which actress do you think Mann is referring to? Also, who would your first choice be? (Reporting by Megan Masters)

Comments (109)

• I want Heather Locklear or no one at all! I loved her on Melrose, and I think she’d be great at sticking it to Madeline Stowe’s Victoria.

Comment by Andrew – December 6, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cheryl Ladd

Comment by LukeBoston – December 6, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first and really only thought was Kim Cattrall!

Comment by Gilda – December 6, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kirstie Alley — Why not? She can play kind of kooky and that fits Nolan’s character.

Comment by ChicagoGrrl – December 6, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also first thought of Donna Mills for this. Then again, I don’t think I’d hate the idea of her going on the new Dallas as Abby now that JR’s role is up in the air. They need a villain and with the rumor of Gary and Val showing up..it seems perfect.

And I love the idea of Nicolette Sheridan for Nolan’s aunt that someone previously posted.

I’d just be happy if it were someone that isn’t used on every other show as a major character’s mom.

Comment by angelcake – December 6, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess Hollan Taylor is prolly a bit too old. But can we rescue her from 2 &1/2 men and bring her on here to do… something? Anything?

Comment by CaptainOats – December 6, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Florence Henderson!

Comment by Sandy – December 6, 2012 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s either Jean Smart of Morgan Fairchild.

Comment by Allen (@StillCrazy808) – December 7, 2012 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Jean Smart comes across as almost too earnest to rub elbows with the Hamptons crowd. She’s too country and down-to-earth in most of the roles she plays. However, Morgan Fairchild is a definite possibility – though I don’t recall her doing too much TV. I think it might very well be Felicity Huffman. Given the content of the article, I get the impression the ‘star no longer on tv’ is a fairly recent development. Which would lend further support to Huffman.

Personally, I would love to see them pull someone back from the original nighttime soaps of the late 80s and early nineties. Dynasty or Falcon Crest. However, Candice Bergen is also a definite option and would be pretty humerous squaring off against the Graysons.

Comment by C.A. – December 7, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first instincts tell me it’s Felicity Huffman. I would love to see her in that Sunday night time slot again!

Comment by Nic – December 7, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They may be too young but Linda Hamilton, or Sigourney Weaver, or Frances McDormand would be a dream

And Glen Close would be AMAZING too

Comment by Jules – December 8, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jean Smart…I think would be absolutely perfect..She was amazing on Harry’s Law….a show I miss terribly and should never have been cancelled!!!!!

Comment by Jim KNight – December 8, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Jason Leigh was the first really bad step the show has taken, so hopefully they can make it up with Nolan’s mom. If properly cast, it has room to be an amazing storyline, so I hope they choose wisely.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – December 10, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK. I think either Blythe Danner or Mary Steenburgen would be a perfect mom for Nolan. My other choices would be of course Meryl Streep (she’d never do TV) but she is probably the most versitile actress out there. Other choices would be versitile actors: Jacklyn Smith, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman,Susan Saradon and Barbara Streisand — a favorite!

. Now that Kyra Sedrick is out of the police show she had – how about her? Gotta be someone hot in movies or TV.
    Kim Bassinger wouldn’t do TV, neither would a lot of the people you all have mentioned. Some of them (Joan Collins, Linda Evans, Dyan Cannon, Barbara Eden, Sally Field, Candace Bergen and Morgan Fairchild, Susan Lucci) are too old. He’s only in his early 30′s folks. Shelly Long couldn’t play anything dramatic/serious, Donna Mills and Heather Locklear are too worn in TV and don’t even fit, Jane Seymour (makes me ill) – her accent would not qualify her, Nicolette Sheridan is too sexy, everyone hates Rosanne and she’s too fat (her voice would cause me to stop watching the show),Cybil Shepherd is such a passive actor. Kim Cattrill – she’s too meek.

That’s all folks.

Comment by mitzermoo – January 30, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Kim Bassinger wouldn’t do TV, neither would a lot of the people all of you have mentioned. Some of them (Joan Collins, Linda Evans, Dyan Cannon, Barbara Eden, Sally Field, Candace Bergen and Morgan Fairchild, Susan Lucci) are too old. He’s only in his early 30′s folks.

Shelly Long doesn’t play anything dramatic/serious, Donna Mills and Heather Locklear are too worn in TV and don’t even fit, Jane Seymour (makes me ill) – her accent would not qualify her, Nicolette Sheridan is too sexy, everyone hates Rosanne and she’s too fat (her voice would cause me to stop watching the show),Cybil Shepherd is such a passive actor. Kim Cattrill – she’s too meek.

That’s all folks.

Comment by mitzermoo – January 30, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Helen Hunt would be perfect!!

Comment by Donna – March 23, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post