The X Factor Leaderboard: Who's Got Momentum From the Season 2 Top 6? Take Our Poll!

We’re down to a half-dozen acts — yes, Khloe Kardashian, that means six of ‘em — on The X Factor Season 2, and that means we’ll be getting two performances apiece on tonight’s telecast.

VIDEO | Reality Check: Are Carly Rose and Cassadee Unbeatable on The X Factor and The Voice?

To prepare for the festivities, I’ve taken the liberty of offering alternate rankings to the show’s official countdown — along with a little bit of advice and some strategic song suggestions. Check ‘em out below, then hit our poll to vote for your faves!

1. You do realize that the Pepsi Challenge song choices have been revealed, right?

• Tom22 says:

+ 1 .. I didn’t think a show could be more exploitive of sob stories and more of a pressure grinder than Idol but I was wrong. I ‘ve really enjoyed these singing shows but the judges are either cheerleaders or patronizing or talking business instead of art and what was conveyed.. forget it (idol also gets the fast forward to the songs treatment.. shows have been getting shorter and shorter to watch each year). Some really really mediocre voices are left and such emotional manipulation of the audience and song choices were such a factor…anything more than watching individual performances until they don’t work for me doesn’t make sense.

I will say Carly is an incredible singer but she hasn’t lived and loved enough yet to be singing about most things songs are about. Still enjoyable though for her way with the notes and words even if the whole picture of the lyrics doesn’t make sense… phases do make sense. Cowboy is a genuine entertainer with a good voice, even a good enough voice as entertainers go. Entertainment in a live setting is a wonderful gift and he’s positive without being cloying so.. yeah I’m good with that.. more contestants like that in other genres would make the show fun to watch.

All of the top 10 kids on Idol 9 had good. likable positive about the world personalities along with pockets of music that they could each sing well. Last year we had some good voices but other than skylar only moderate entertainers — and there was a hell of a lot less back story that year.. that’s the way to go.

• Nat says:

That’s only one of the songs out of two they’ll be performing though.

2. Ashley says:

The list pretty much reflects my predictions, though Cece and Diamond are interchangeable as are Fifth Harmony and Emblem3. I don’t see why they even brought back Diamond in the first place. She’s good, but she has a bit of honing to do with her talent and she has plenty of time to do that at being so young. It was really unfair to have to do a double elimination just to bring her back after fairly being cut.

3. Alienate says:

This year’s X-Factor is like the proverbial flaming bag of poop left on your door step.
    Even though it’s total crap, you can’t look away.

4. What’s with the two eliminations every week this year? Feels like the contestants hardly get the chance to show everything they can do or grow from week to week when it feels like the competition only lasts a few weeks. Then American Idol will come on and feel like it lasts 6 years.

5. Xfactor says:

Cece needs to go home!!! I cannot believe she keeps surviving elimination!!!

6. rebecca says:

Carly is phenomenal, Tate is good, CeCe sucks and I’m missing Vino.

7. Forwarddad says:

@Jason I think this was more of a wish list than actual songs.

8. kavyn says:

If I had to rank them in terms of their ability to sing, from worst to best I’d say Emblem 3, Cece, Diamond, FH, Tate then Carly.

But to be honest, if people are watching this show for the “talent” then they probably have bad taste in music. I personally watch for the train wreck slash entertainment value of it all. In which case I support Cece staying as long as possible :)

9. Jared says:

Emblem 3 & Diamond White are my top 2. Both are extremely talented. I don’t think either of them will win X Factor but that doesn’t mean much now a days. Talent speaks for itself.

10. Jared says:

Tomorrows bottom 2 will be Diamond and CeCe and I’m gonna say the judges will once again save Diamond and let CeCe go home.

• kavyn says:

I think if Cece and Diamond were bottom 2, LA and Simon would save Cece just so that their acts are guaranteed safe for another week. I was convinced they did that during the week Bea and Cece were bottom 2.

• HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

Yeah I would 100% say considering that LA Reid keeps saying every week since that he doesn’t get why CeCe is still here. Yeeeeah maybe because *you* sank Beatrice (not that it saved his Vino anyway). So yeah it is pretty clear what he did there.

• HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

Although I suppose at least CeCe keeps it interesting one way or another though and doesn’t look bad doing it, which is better than putting you too sleep or being a pretty solid but not spectacular whatever as some others. What the heck put her through to the finale.

11. Billy says:

I’m really hoping Tate, Fifth Harmony, or Emblem 3 can overtake Carly Rose and win…even though she has a great voice…that’s all she is A VOICE. Her personality is soooooo bland and manufactured that the only business she will succeed in is in Broadway (which shes already had success in)…the other three acts can find success in the recording industry because they have the personality to back up their talent…

• dan says:

That shoving the cupcake in her brother’s face was annoying. All I could think is, “What a waste of a perfectly good cupcake.” I do like her, though.

• Tom22 says:

She is a 13 year old girl , and a decent kid. What she’s doing having her feelings and personal life being put on display week after week is beyond me. Even child actors don’t get worked over like that.

12. I am really hoping that Fifth Harmony or even Diamond can squeak into this seasons top 3 if only to make it a little less boring.

13. Lisa says:

I have to say the blonde guy in Emblem3 has to STOP taking his shirt off and flexing every chance he gets. When they were done with “I’m a Believer” he did it and during the eliminations he did it. I could see it in the background whenever anyone else was on camera. It’s very narcissistic and looks idiotic. Simon needs to have a word with him on stage etiquette because he is being rude to the other contestants. I had to agree with Demi that Simon blew it having them do that number. I thought that Fifth Harmony did an awesome job with “Stronger” and I think that they can go far given the chance. So far all Emblem3 is are 3 cute boys and there are already plenty of those “making records”. Carly Rose…I still cannot believe that that voice is coming out if that little girl. She can do big numbers we know that now let’s see if she can do a song that isn’t a “belter” as we call it here at our house. Something that is not with a big crescendo, big build up, like she has been doing. Surprise us with something new. I don’t see her as a recording star otherwise, Broadway star ay be, but not recording star. I still haven’t figured out how CeCe is still there or Diamond either except that Diamond can sing she just needs to mature more. I think that they need to stop with the sympathy stories too. We all have hardships in our lives, but we need to get past it or else you shouldn’t be there. I think that Tate needs to step out of the box and cover something other than a country artist. I think he would blow us away. My vote for the final three will be Tate, Carly Rose and Fifth Harmony with Tate for the win.

14. Jason says:

Who cares what the song is about when Carly is so great at everything she sings. Fiona Apple wrote Shadowboxer at 16. (i’d love to see Carly sing some Fiona Apple). Kids mature faster these days anyway.

15. Kevin c says:

Who has the momentum? Everybody but Tate, to be honest.

The producers have made it abundantly clear all season that they want a young winner, and that they’re willing to go to any length of manipulation to get it. Tate likely doesn’t stand a chance against them.

16. HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

Liked Carly the best and then DW and 5th (although I suppose they are a bit like a few could solo artists) for the unplugged. I was only half-heartedly watching though and didn’t catch all of everything. Carly kinda managed to make a Bieber song both cool and interesting musically while still young top pop cool.

17. Josh says:

Emblem3 is the worst and only there mainly cause of screaming teen girls Carly is the best singer and my F3 is Carly Fifth Harmony and Tate

18. Tess says:

I’m actually (somewhat sadly) hoping that Diamond goes home outright and then Simon’s got to choose between his two groups for the second act to go while CeCe somehow winds up in the top 3. How funny would that be?! Actually, strike that, if the two groups were against each other, Simon would clearly favor keeping his boys, so I’d rather see them fall to the bottom (no sing off for them) since they were horrible tonight and I can’t stand them anyway; then Diamond and 5th Harmony can face off (I think then the girls would have the edge over young Diamond…at least I’d hope they would).

19. HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

Carly best of the night. I felt like she sang with a bit more true connection this night too. She really is damn good.
    5th and DW next best, good nights for them.
    That would be good for 3 of the top 4 and then hey toss in CeCe it seems fitting, why should she not be there at this point? E3 have become annoying and Tate is dull, I’d rather CeCe.

20. teatime says:

When they said we were going to decide what song they would sing and what they would wear, I thought they meant they would tweet the options early in the show and we would tweet votes and then that would decide what the contestants would do later in the show. I thought that was a genius idea. That would be a way to keep the viewership up and make the show really dramatic since they might need a quick costume change and have to have at least 2 different performances ready. Yeah, that’s how frustrated I am with this show after all the unfortunate eliminations.