Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive: What Is Going on In This Photo?

NCIS‘ Leroy Jethro Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon) has seen a lot in his storied life — but what he’s about to lay his eyes on in next Tuesday’s episode of TV’s most watched drama is sure to be a first.

RELATED | NCIS‘ Coté de Pablo on ‘The Year of Tiva’ and An ‘Interesting’ Ziva Twist

In the episode “Devil’s Trifecta” — which is a follow-up of sorts to last year’s “Devil’s Triangle” — this happens:

Devil's Trifecta
RELATED | Ask Ausiello Has Scoop on NCIS‘ Abby and Much More!

For the precious few uninitiated of you out there, that is Gibbs’ ex-wife, Diane Sterling (played by returning guest star Melinda McGraw), getting spooned by Sean Murray‘s McGee. We can’t quite make out Gibbs’ expression from this angle, but dollars to donuts it is one-half bemusement, one-half “WTF?”

You’ll have to tune into CBS next Tuesday at 8/7c to find out exactly what transpired here. But suffice to say, as shared in the official synopsis for the episode, “Rumors run wild among the group after Diane stays overnight at McGee’s.” Yeah, I’d say so!

1. sladewilson says:

Nah, if anything, Gibbs will bust McGee’s chops but he’ll be cracking up at this one….

2. Templar says:

Does anyone recognize the area on the map?

3. I cant wait to see what Tony and Ziva’s reaction!

4. Gaara says:

Lolol this scene seems priceless xD Can’t wait.

5. Stacey says:

Boy if Tony finds out. He will never let McGee live it down. Gibbs might be bemused or shocked, not sure. He sorta has come to terms with Diane since their last meeting. Fornell has the more pressing issues with his ex. But still Gibbs can’t be happy. But then with Gibbs, you can’t really register what he is feeling most of time. Unless he’s truly angry. And I don’t think he will be! McGee will be very embarrassed.

6. Svenja says:

I just screamed. I really can’t. This must be the best thing ever. I’ll cry tears with laughter watching this. Tuesday come sooner. Oh my god.

7. estefania says:

hahaha I love my mcgee and I can’t wait to see his reaction when gibbs to see them… I love thta mcgee (sean murray ) has more storylines and funny scenes

8. Mel says:

OMG! Timmy. This is hilarious. Can’t wait!

9. tali says:

this just cracked me up so much! Can not wait!

10. Trina says:

I think it is a Mcgee dream and he wakes up scared to death that Gibbs seen him with his ex-wife

11. Elizabeth says:

PPL ALWAYS JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS, NOT SAYING IT IS OR ISN’T THERE MAY BE A LOGICAL EXPLANATION (DON’T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT’S COVER)

• Art says:

I agree with Elizabeth, it’s sure to be something innocuous. I’ve never spooned a gal while dressed in a suit. Looks like Gibb’s ex is dressed in outerwear also. Gibbs will surely be amused and there will be the dickens to pay when Tony and Ziva find out. Now if McGee had no shirt on and Diane was in something silky… it would be a totally different scenario. NCIS is still the best show on TV.

• where's the foot? says:

OH NO PEOPLE ARE JUST HAVIN FUN WITH THE PIC, NOT SAYING YOU CAN’T TOO BUT YOU SEEM MORE INTERESTED IN LOGICAL EXPLANATIONS (DON’T COVER A JUDGE WITH A BOOK!!1!)

12. I am sure Gibbs had a smirk on his face and will bust on McGee but find it totally funny! LOL

13. Red Hawking says:

McGee doesn’t even know who she is… he wasn’t around in season 1!

14. Brenda says:

Okay, here’s what I think: Gibbs absolutely won’t be mad BUT there’s no way he will let McGee know that! Gibbs will play this up for all it’s worth just to watch poor McGee try to stutter his way out of it! Now Tony is a whole new story. Where Tony is concerned all I can say is poor McGee! Tony will first of all be soooo jealous & will carry on qn do on and on about a) he can’t believe Tim would do this to Gibbs, and b) he can’t believe she preferred McGee over Tony and last c) it had to have been platonic, right?? Too funny!!

• Veronica Rad says:

Gibbs forgave Tobias for sleeping and marying one of his ex’s…he’ll just torture McGee a little, he could never be too mad at him, after all thy’re both fully dressed.

15. Michelle says:

I really wish that was Tony and Ziva on that couch.

16. Jack Wahl says:

The one who Tim should really be worried about is Abby. She has a latent propensity for the McGee. No breaking Abby’s heart, okay?

17. Vee says:

My guess is She is in trouble and needs protection .. McGee is baby setting her over night ..sleeping on the couch and wakes up with her ..like this and Gibbs standing over them.. (she snuck in to cuddle cause she was scared)!!! See it’s not what it looks like!!!

18. Ron says:

What about Abby’s reaction?

19. Mike says:

@ Red Hawking: Diane has been on the show atleast once since Season 1. It’s safe to say, McGee knows full well, what he’s “getting into”, if that’s what’s happening :)

20. Consuela says:

Gibbs: “Do you two need to get a room, McGee?”
    Diane (falling off couch): “Ow!”
    McGee: (jumping up): Oh! Ahhhhh! NO! Boss… it’s not what you…”
    Gibbs: “Never is, Tim, never is…”

21. Blain says:

McGee is probably suppose to be on a protection detail. And not only is he asleep, he’s sleeping with the woman he is suppose to be protecting. Remember Gibbs has no problem with his ex having a relationship, he said as much to her face, but I suspect he will come down on McGee for sleeping than he will for them sleeping together on the couch, fully clothed.

22. Barbara says:

I say they are handcuffed and that was the only comfortable way to sleep. Can’t wait everyones reaction. Abby’s gonna be hot over this.

23. Ronald Groth says:

There has to be handcuffs involved!!!

24. Selma L. Ray says:

Poor Abby. Me thinks McGee is hers.

25. PJinNH says:

would be even more scandalous if McGee wasn’t clothed. Echo other statements (I wish it was Tony/Ziva)!

26. Linda says:

She’s his (Gibbs’s) ex. Gibbs’ reaction SHOULD NOT be to ‘bust McGee’s chops’ as somebody already said. NOT his business WHAT went on or not, between McGee and Diane. And Gibbs has better control of himself than to hit a fellow agent/employee than that over an ex-wife!

• Elizabeth says:

“busting his chops” doesn’t mean that Gibbs is going to hit McGee–more like that he’ll rag on him a bit.

27. Tim looks like he has a smile

on his face and Diane looks like she is out of it.

28. Mary says:

“Rumors run wild among the group after Diane stays overnight at McGee’s.” Yeah, I’d say so! You think ??

29. Hugh says:

Tim is typically clueless–a soft touch for a damsel in distress—and falls asleep with the Ex while protecting her from something out of a feeling of obligation to Gibbs–who she would not ask for help. Typical for McGee, he manages to end up in a compromising situation, gets all kinds of crap from Tony, an arched eyebrow from Ziva, Abby is pissed but cannot explain why because she does/doesn’t want a relationship with McGee. Tony will be the real pain in the ass about this until Gibbs head-slaps him into being a decent human being about it. At the end of the episode, Gibbs will have sorted it out, McGee will be a little wiser for the experience, and Abby will be left wondering if she needs to re-think things with McGee.

30. irishtrish says:

oh this made my day. Laughed my ass off. Can’t wait to see this.

31. peacelight says:

I doubt Gibbs will care that much but Mcgee will freak out trying to explain what is most likely an innocent situation but Tony and Ziva won’t let him live it down but either way it looks like another awesome episode Loving the season so far :)

32. 68luvcarter says:

I’m just excited to have McGee have more than a passing glance in an episode. He is my favorite and is so underused.

33. THFC_Ken says:

don’t most us women love those lovable, wide-eyed innocent men like mcgee? we just have to mother them!

34. Tessa says:

I think Consuela had the best answer. I can just see this whole scenero going down that way. But Tony..? Lord help McGee. **shakes and bows head** Poor McGee. Lol

35. I’m not too concerned about what Gibbs would do, its Tony who’s going to have a field day with this one. Gibbs would probably ask: “What were you thinking”? Then give him a head slap.

36. I. Gamble. says:

have loved David Mcallum since the 60’s Man From Uncle.. now I love all the characters… am sooo jealous I don’t have the up to date series yet. & no Gibbs will just raise an eyebrow & poor Tim will fluff & bluster.

37. JS says:

I think they are handcuffed in some way which forced them to sleep that way.

38. I am so looking forward to seeing this episode. Cannot wait. How cute, but McGee’s life is going to pure heck (ell) with Abby, Tony, Ziva and yes even Gibbs.

39. I just saw the actual .30 clip on CBS.com and it is so funny.

40. Dee says:

As always the scene will be priceless. Our kiddo’s are growing up and sooner or later they are bound to hook up with someone.

41. Michele says:

You go McGee (I’d be happy to be there w/ him)

42. Sandi Evans says:

I cannot wait, for each episode, never miss one, if can’t be there Dvd it…Love all of the characters, they seem to work like a real team…Thank you for all of the Joy we have received from being part of the family. Angel hugs and Love

43. Michelle says:

I can see it already…..”Boss, this isn’t what it looks like!”

44. Isabelle Frankenfield says:

Whatrver the storyline, it will be worked out with precision just like all others. All will act with professionalism with a bit of humor thrown in. Yea team Gibbs!!!!!!!