TVLine Items: NBC Plotting Ironside Reboot, Justified Season 4 First Look and More!
NBC, which two years ago sought (yet failed) to reboot The Rockford Files and more recently sought (but failed) to breathe new life into The Munsters, next will take a crack at getting an update of Ironside rolling.
As reported by New York Magazine‘s Vulture blog, the Peacock network is putting into development a reboot of its late-’60s/early-’70s legal drama. Back in the day, the series starred Raymond Burr as Robert T. Ironside, a San Francisco police detective who, upon being paralyzed by a sniper’s bullet, leverages his way into a “special consultant” role at the PD. He then assembles a team of helpers, including a suspect in his own shooting.
Who’s your pick to play the gruff crimesolver? Hit the comments with your dream casting!
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• FX has unveiled a first look at Justified‘s upcoming fourth season — and it looks more badass than ever! Watch Raylan & Co. in action in the promo below, and catch the drama’s latest debut on Tuesday, Jan. 8.
• Jason Morgan may have left Port Charles, but Sonny Corinthos isn’t going anywhere. General Hospital vet Maurice Benard announced via Twitter late Monday that he had “just signed [his] contract” to continue with the ABC soap. “It makes me feel good that I’m not leaving my family,” he added.
• Denis O’Hare (True Blood) will guest-star in an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU. Per TVGuide.com, he’ll reprise the role of Father Shea, a priest he first portrayed on the now-defunct Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
• Canadian broadcaster Bell Media has opted not to renew The L.A. Complex for a third season, per The Hollywood Reporter. The CW, which has aired the first two cycles of the soap, has not yet decided if it’s going to pick up the tab and continue with the series.
• Those crazy kids over on American Horror Story: Asylum have put together a lovely Christmas card just for you. Take a peek below.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?