The Voice Leaderboard: Who Has Momentum From the Season 3 Top 6? Take Our Poll!

Season 3 of The Voice has been whittled down to a half-dozen performers — and there’s not a moldy strawberry left in the carton, so to speak.

With the bar set high, however, the contestants will all have to come out swinging during tonight’s performance show (8/7c, NBC), or else risk elimination during Tuesday’s results telecast.

As we do in anticipation of each week’s festivities, we’re ranking the field from least- to most-likely to win (and throwing in a little advice — and some song suggestions — in the process). So click through the photos below, then vote in our poll to tell us who’s your favorite!

Comments (43)

• Amanda won’t win. And that’s what’s wrong with everything. I don’t know who to blame. Christina Aguilera? The voters?

Comment by Simon – December 3, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why would you blame Christina? her not liking Amanda probably makes Amanda more popular

IMO, if Amanda doesn’t win (and I don’t think she will/should) it’ll be because she peaked way too early with Dream On and hasn’t done something as good since then

Comment by Artlight – December 3, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t disagree with you more. I feel Dream On was just the beginning. She has been amazing. Stars blew me away.

Comment by jaxguy – December 3, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know Amanda won’t win too. Not because of lack of talent, but because of her iTunes sales. She is pretty much the lowest of all six contestants. She is an amazing singer but I never feel compelled to buy her music and I don’t know why.

Comment by Flower – December 4, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, also Terry. I think he is also in the Top10. Right now, the two not in the Top 10 of iTunes sales is Melanie and Amanda (although Melanie is in the Top 20).

Comment by Flower – December 4, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it another double elimination?

Comment by Amber – December 3, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melanie is the only one whose music I’m interested in buying. The rest are all fine, but man, I love her voice and arrangements.

Comment by Brandon – December 3, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you, I’m kinda surprised she’s so low in the poll

Comment by Maris – December 3, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Although this week, her sales are not in the top 10 while Cassadee, Trevin, and Nicholas are all in the Top10. I thought Carson said they get extra vote points if they make it in the Top10.

Comment by Flower – December 4, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.plus she is in adam’s team!

Comment by adam's fan – December 13, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, it is another Double Elimination week Amber, so every vote counts!!! And is it just me, or am I the only one that thinks that Cassadee is way OVERRATED!!!

Comment by Eric – December 3, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WAY overrated!! My fave is Terry, but I wouldn’t be mad if Nicholas or Amanda won. Amanda screams a lot, tho, but, for the women, she is my fave.

Comment by G-Mom – December 3, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are not alone. Every week my daughter and I watch her performance and ask each other “Do you get why she’s so popular?” And the answer is always “No, I just don’t get it.” I don’t think there is anything wrong with her. She has a good voice and her performances are usually decent, but I’m continually shocked at her iTunes rankings and never would have thought of her as a front runner. I’m curious what the appeal is. Personally I love Melanie because of her originality and artistry, although I know she has no chance of winning because many people seem to think her voice just isn’t strong enough. I also like Amanda. She has an amazing voice and I enjoy her song choices.

Comment by Kristina – December 4, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not alone. I feel like I am missing something every time they praise her. What am I missing? I find her voice a bit screechy.

Comment by Flower – December 4, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see commercial success in the future for Amanda, Melanie, and Cassadee. The other three? Not so much.

Comment by Aria – December 3, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its about singing, Trevon is the best singer on the show by far…

Comment by jay – December 4, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melanie is my pick, but a woman has yet to win this show. Her voice is the most unique out of everyone, but after the last few weeks of talented people going home, I’m jaded.

Comment by MoonDance – December 3, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you surprised though considering the target audience that watches this show is mostly teen girls? At least itunes downloads help even the playing field.

Comment by thereasonsy – December 3, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Amanda on par with any contestant ever? She’s no where near as good as Joshua Ledet, Haley Reinhart, Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Chris Daughrty! She’s good but not sure she’s a superstar!

Comment by Jason – December 3, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amanda is in the same league as Kelly and Daughtry and better than Joshua, Haley (who had a very rough start), and Adam. She’s a top-tier reality TV contestant, no question–her cover of “Spectrum” wasn’t great and “Valerie” was solid if unspectacular, but even Kelly and Melinda had sub-par performances and Amanda has been spectacular every other week (her “Dream On” is one of the best of the best reality TV performances IMO).

Comment by white lancer – December 3, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? Joshua Ledet???

Comment by Andre – December 3, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Basend on Itunes downloads of the last week, the ladies should be safe. And most likely Nicholas too. I would be fine with that top 4. Terry hasn’t impressed me lately and Trevin peaked too early.

Still rooting for #TeamAdam to win, but I fear the fanbase may halp Cassidee to the overall victory. Although she’s grown a lot on me the last two weeks (espcially Miranda Lambert’s cover of Over You was very touching). But I still think Amanda is the best vocalist in the competition. And it would be very cool if a ‘Steal’ won the competition. Shows it’s the right choice to add it and that the coaches should do more with the contestants they steal (only Adam brought his steals into the liveshows).

Comment by Daisy – December 3, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nicholas is the only one remaining whose voice I hear and know immediately that he’s singing. Amanda is fine but I see no personality from her which is why I don’t think she’ll win. Melanie is good too but sounds like other breathy contestants from previous seasons. Terry is great but having been saddled with “oldies” he’s not likely to go much further. Cassedee is okay but had quite a few pitch problems earlier in the season, lacks personality, and so I don’t think has a chance either. Finally Trevin…great personality but he needs a few more years of experience.

Comment by David7118 – December 3, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First things first …I respectfully dissagree with EVERYONE of your song suggestions. I do believe that this final 6 is the best overall bottom 6 of any singing competition show I have ever seen. Any of them could win and be huge in the music industry…
    Terry- who else out their has an old-school hair band rock sound in 2012..
    Song suggestion: Bob Segar-Turn The Page
    Amanda- She is phenominal and has the look, sound, and style to go far….
    Song Suggestion: Heart-Alone (Hey it’s a singing competition somebody has to sing it might as well be Amanda..LOL.)
    Melanie- Unlike any singer on the radio today…
    Song Suggestion: Phil Collins-Feel It Coming In The Air Tonight
    Casadee- Has a very cool new-age/ Alannis sound I see big things for her as an edgy/emotion driven singer…
    Song Suggestion: Carrie Underwood-Temporary Home
    Nick- Sounds like a seasoned veteran and could have a huge career If nothing else performing duets with others “crazy talented”…..
    Song Suggestion: Elvis Preisly-Suspicious Minds or In The Ghetto
    Trevin- As far as the “VOICE” goes Trevin has it …His only issue is the box he has been painted into, I thing he can sing other stuff.. But hey it if it isn’t broke don’t fix it…
    Song Suggestion: Micheal Jackson- Man In The Mirror

Comment by Tater – December 3, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like your picks. Those would be challenging for each contestant, but phenomenal if well executed.

Comment by rr – December 3, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I was trying to pick songs that could show off each contestants cosistent strengths while also displaying a side that the contestant hasn’t shown much of… Example Melanie has a strength of taking any song and putting a haunting twist on it.. So Why not hear what she could do with a song that already got a little of that going for it. With Trevin all of the ballads he has done he needs a a more upbeat power ballad. If not Man in the Mirror maybe he could trade Terry for a Power Rock ballad..lol.

Comment by Tater – December 3, 2012 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amanda for some reason reminds me of Tamyra Gray’s lil’ sister. Man, do I miss Tamyra Gray. At the end of this Christina was right, Chris Mann placed 4th and with no help from a label ended up being the best selling artist of the Voice. Not even Dia Frampton could come close. Sadly this show’s viability depends on a winner for lack of a better term, winning on the record charts. I do have to say though that Cassadee has an advantage because of Hey Monday and their cover being on Glee but who knows. I doubt a female will win and doubt that anyone will have Idol level success.

Comment by thereasonsy – December 3, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CeeLo is mentoring Trevin, and Trevin is essentially his mini-me, so why doesn’t CeeLo give Trevin one of his own songs? Trevin would be great on “Crazy”, for example?

Is CeeLo afraid that he’ll be upstaged on his own songs? ;)

Comment by whosays – December 3, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aha! To downplay the size of her preexisting fan base, Cassadee Pope gave this quote in an interview: “The scale of success, however, is vastly different. About the number of new fans Cassadee has picked up in one night, Cassadee said, ‘My fan base was probably 10 percent of that number.’”
    Counter-productive to say, I think, because that’s a LOT of fans, especially given the show’s good ratings, as well as the fact that everyone else came in having to earn 100% of their votes.

Comment by Mike – December 3, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Their songs are up! I’m really excited for tonight! Some great and unexpected song choices btw Slezak you got one song right just the wrong person. Amanda’s singing White Snakes Here I Go Again!

Comment by JT – December 3, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ??? She didn’t.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 3, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Never mind I am an idiot. Two songs tonight. Hells yeah! We had some Whitesnake in the house tonight!

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 3, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So far liking Amanda and Terry the best.
    Sadly Nicholas got a bit of a death spot.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 3, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I crazy or did Melanie keep dropping flat on a lot of that. I mean part of her style was to roll down but it seemed to hover too long on a bit off pitch stuff, fading and catching low not so well?

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 3, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OK, I guess I’m not crazy since all the judges pointed it out too. Granted sometimes you are like whatever, as Adam said, but then again…. sometimes a bit of missed pitch doesn’t sound bad, missed but not harsh on the ears compared to what surrounds or in the manner of miss and then whatever but sometimes it just sounds grating and then if that happens a real, real lot, I don’t know….

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 3, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was kinda crazy that Cee Lo went all that over Trevin and then after Nicholas sang, he wished dude a happy b-day before praising Nick’s singing. He must be sick . . . still, that is. And then, he agreed with Adam that Nicholas’ voice got lost in the chorus. I’m sure someone other than Nick did the arrangements that called for such strong vocals in the background and a couple dozen other people on stage, to boot. I love Trevin’s voice, for sure, but I think a coach oughtta be there for all of his contestants, especially so close to the finale (or however you spell it).

Comment by Annie – December 4, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Trevon is the best singer on the show by far..

Comment by jay – December 4, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See what i mean.. Trevon is tha bomb..!

Comment by jay – December 4, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why did Amanda get sent home??????????????

Comment by Mike Daley – December 4, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Trevon is by far the best singer on the show and everyone is looking pass him smh if he is voted out im done watching

Comment by Martina – December 5, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Trevon better win its ceelo’s turn to win one

Comment by Martina – December 5, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Cassidy Pope will take it all I love her voice, and no matter what she sings, she is right on.

Comment by shelly – December 10, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want adam’s team to win!!!

Comment by adam's fan – December 13, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post