Fringe Team Shares Scoop on Bald Peter, Olivia's MIA Ring, Astrid's 'Moment' and More

Get More: Photo Gallery, Scoop

When Fox’s Warner Bros. TV-produced Fringe celebrated its 100th — and final — episode at a party held Dec. 1 at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, more than big smiles and pretty faces were to be had.

Flip through this slideshow of pics from the out-of-this-world event to see what the series’ stars, creative minds and others had to share about Fringe‘s past, present and now-finite future. (Oh, and here’s me with Anna Torv. Just because.)

RELATED | Fringe Boss Reveals Title of Finale, Says Series Ender Is ‘Massive… Really Big’

Fringe resumes Season 5 this Friday at 9/8c, with the eighth of its final 13 episodes. The series finale, titled “An Enemy of Fate,” airs Friday, Jan. 18, as the second of two hours.

Comments (54)

• Perfect, only missing olivias partner from first 2 seasons.

Comment by stas – December 3, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean Mark Valley? He was only on for the first half of season 1 before he left to do Human Target.

Comment by ScrubsGuy – December 3, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think they mean Charlie Francis who was played by Kirk Acevedo

Comment by Amanda – December 3, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Charlie!

Comment by Emily – December 3, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not Mark Valley – Kirk Acevedo, AKA Charlie Francis with the killer bug eggs in his gut. for that matter, they were also missing their original Observer, Leonard Nimoy, and any number of other key characters. Basically is was just the current cast, plus Seth Gabel, who happened to be in town.

Comment by wordsmith – December 3, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh, you tease!

Comment by Sam – December 3, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m suddenly feeling rather teary-eyed.

Comment by Sian Robinson. – December 3, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No matter how it ends it is going to be heart wrenching

Comment by Amanda – December 3, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Picture 3: “In the alt universe, this cake is vanilla with chocolate frosting, while in 2036 it’s a pile of egg sticks.”

Thank you for that. Also, great to see Seth Gabel again – was really sad that he’s not around for season 5.

Comment by ScrubsGuy – December 3, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We’ll be seeing Seth again. Saw pictures of him filming. We’ll also be seeing Michael Cerveris too

Comment by Aydee – December 20, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought I would feel a bit wistful but mostly happy that Fringe gets its own ending instead of cancellation. I didn’t think I would feel actually sad.

I was wrong.

Comment by cat – December 3, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm….it was nice of Joshua Jackson to dress up for the party….. ****coughbedheadcough****

LOL!!

Comment by Alichat – December 3, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Imagine how terrible he would have looked if his girlfriend the fashion maven wasn’t there with him :-)

Comment by cat – December 3, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To say the truth a lot fo them weren’t dressed up: J.J. Abrams among the others, and actually most of them didn’t even wear a tie! :)

Comment by paola – December 3, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, but as one of the leads, you’d think he’d wear a suit like John. He just looks a bit frazzled and really tired.

On another note…..I can’t stop looking at Wyman’s hair. It’s oddly mesmerizing……it’s like the male equivalent of Diaz’s hair in There’s Something About Mary.

Comment by Alichat – December 3, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • the male equivalent of Diaz’s hair……………….lol

Comment by coil – December 3, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Josh still wore a tie and jacket, though. You just can’t see it in that picture. JJ Abrahams for instant didn’t wear a tie and wore a jumper.

Comment by Joanna – December 3, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like this about him. He is one of the most down-to-earth actors.

Comment by Lewis Jones – December 3, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping Peter’s not too bald for long. Joshua Jackson with a shaved head is not great… didn’t we learn this from Pacey in Season 4?

Comment by Elf – December 3, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Seth Gabel but missing Michael Cerveris. Hope this doesn’t mean no September in these last episodes

Comment by em – December 3, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe Michael Ceveris tweeted he had a conflict as well as Lance Reddick. I would have loved to see Kirk Acevedo tho!!

Comment by Jen – December 3, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Michael will be in the finale

Comment by Aydee – December 20, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How on earth is there not at least ONE photo of the three leads together at this party? Or even just one of the ‘couple’ the storyline revolves around?

Comment by Tammy – December 3, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just about to post the same thing…

Comment by Kristina Hammock (@kristinahammock) – December 3, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I was really disappointed that there weren’t any pictures of the main characters together. Should have been planned better. And I’m not happy that DK is in any of the pictures on the red carpet. Should only be cast members. No one else had their significant others posing with them. Irks me…

Comment by Aydee – December 20, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna, Jasika and Blair, the lovely ladies of Fringe. :)

Comment by coil – December 3, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can we pro-actively add all of these actors/actresses to the lists of people we need back on TV STAT? I am seriously going to miss seeing all of them together.

Comment by Amy – December 3, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU FOR ASKING ABOUT OLIVIA’S WEDDING RING. EEKS

Comment by Sandy – December 3, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to miss Anna Torv so much. To think 5 yrs ago I didn’t even know her. I am praying she nabs some great roles after Fringe

Comment by Sandy – December 3, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh so the role reversal of Peter and Olivia will be addressed

Comment by Sandy – December 3, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John and Anna are the perfect definition of talent and elegance

Comment by fa – December 3, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They all are.

Comment by Lewis Jones – December 3, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Georgina Haig? I know she wasn’t on the show for very long, but she made a definite impact.

Comment by Tony – December 3, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FWIW, she’s way back in Australia right now.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 3, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that Georgina is the bes texample of family casting I’ve ever seen on a TV show. Completely believable as Anna’s daughter. Equally as beautiful and talented. Hope we see her on something else soon (since I’m pretty sure that even Canada isn’t airing any Australian shows right now).
      Also can’t believe that they’ve finished filming. Why oh why is Fringe ending when the networks continue to air unbelievable crap like Person of Interest and and CSI shows? Or inane comedies like Kate & Ben and The Mindy Project. Oh Fox, you aim so high and give up much too fast! (Of course, I’m only referring to their dramas..)

Comment by chiana – December 3, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They actually started filming the finale today.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 3, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wait a minute . . . I like Fringe as much as the next person – Fox has been good to Sci-Fi, but let’s not get our panties in a bunch and start talking smack about Person of Interest (Jesus + Ben Linus FTW).

You do have my permission to make fun of CSI/JAG-NCIS/CM – I watch the shows sometimes, but you can make fun of them.

Comment by Bob Jones – December 3, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Person of Interest is amazing.

Comment by Annika – December 3, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Ben & Kate & Mindy. :)

Comment by Jen – December 3, 2012 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed!

Comment by Suzanne – December 21, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • amazing show it will be sad to see it go, but definitely did its mark!

Comment by onlyakb – December 3, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so cool. I will miss fringe. i love the show. while not necessarily as much as some people do, and while I do not necessarily agree with their choices to evolve the storyline, the show is always unexpected and the characters that were created by this astonishing group of actors are always entertaining to watch. Anna Torv, particularly, is someone I really became a fan of, and I hope to see her again on my TV, she has been nothing short of brilliant on the way it has handled every challenge the writers threw at her way during these five years. Will be sorely missed, that is for sure.

Comment by omabin – December 3, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Fringe, especially the progression of Walter’s relationship with Peter. John Noble and Joshua Jackson have both given Emmy winning performances, especially this season. I wish they could get some recognition in the form of nominations. They, along with the rest of the cast made this show one that I am sad to see go. Glad it is ending on its own terms. Thanks for excellent stories!

Comment by Ella – December 3, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The whole cast has given Emmy-worthy performances, i’d like to see them get some recognition too. :)

Comment by coil – December 3, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No gorgina haig either in the group photo’s

Comment by mark – December 3, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see Joel’s continued his work perfecting the birth control haircut.

Comment by Chris – December 3, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Olivia Dunham.
    I didn’t think you could ever be as great as Scully in my eyes and now I think I actually love you better.

Comment by Z – December 3, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never thought I’d love another show as much as the X-files but Fringe took it’s place in my heart. As great an actress as Gillian Anderson is I really think Anna has blown her away. Might just bc she had much more challenging material to work with and shown such range. The fact that Fringe hasn’t been up for any Emmys has me boycotting the Emmys for life, well for now ;)

Comment by Jen – December 4, 2012 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you believe Seth was at the party because he just happened to be in town filming Arrow… well, I have some land in alt-Florida to sell you.

Comment by cat – December 4, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wail! I am beginning to feel withdrawal symptoms! What is going to fill the gaping hole once Fringe is gone? :(
    Anna Torv looks gorgeous BTW :):)

Comment by Beth – December 4, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the show has been brilliantly written. for every question it answered there were ten new questions posed. i’m gonna miss it alot. there is so very little intelligent tv. please find a way to bring etta and september back please..

Comment by Paul Gonzo Gonzales – December 5, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the part about Astrids ”moment?” I must have blinked. Jasika deserves more screen time and backstory. Astrid has been a constant support for everyone. Who is Astrid’s support? She plays a massive part in all of this, but I can’t help but feel something is sadly missing. She needs a moment and someone close with whom she can share her feelings. How is it possible for a young brilliant woman to always be the anchor, the teather, the strength, wisdom and support for others yet no one even asks her how she’s coping with all of this. No one ever asked her about herself except her alternate. Why? I care about her and I want to know! This will be a grieving process for sure. I love all the characters, but Astrid is going to leave a big hole and I fear she will not get justice. I hope I’m wrong. – Christina

Comment by Christina – December 7, 2012 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have ben involved in live concerts and tv and film production for 45 years. Worked on many major shows and films. Fringe will always be my favorite show of all time, amazing writing, actors crew and effects and production. It will be missed.

Comment by Richard Borders – December 20, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post