Exclusive

Exclusive New Normal First Look: Bryan and Jane Drop By Marlo Thomas' Holiday Party

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas on The New Normal this Tuesday (9:30/8:30c), and we’ve got your exclusive first look at what the freshman NBC comedy has in store for the holidays.

After discovering how holly and jolly egg nog makes Jane, Bryan invites her to a swanky shindig at the home of a big-time Hollywood realtor (played by That Girl‘s Marlo Thomas). Unfortunately, as seen in our second sneak peek here, the night eventually takes a turn for the illegal — but first, the party!

RELATED | The New Normal Casts White Collar’s Matt Bomer as Bryan’s ‘Sexy Ex’

Press PLAY below to watch Bryan and Jane mingle away (was that Justin Bieber or Hilary Swank?), then hit the comments with your thoughts on the oddball pair’s night out.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. Olivia says:

I’m loving this show. And I’m totaly in love with Justin Bartha!

2. shuayb says:

I think this show can be hillarious at times, I just do not find Justin Bartha to be a very convincing Gay guy. And the chemistry between him and Bryan is kinda weird. I dunno. I love the eps when NeNe Leaks character and Jane.

• BTM says:

I do find him convincing, because we’re not all the big bunch of nelly queens that stereotypes would have people believe. There are gay jocks, brainiacs, wallflowers, mentors, managers, handymen, artists, military minds, farmers, and any other walk of life or “type.”

The only requirement is sexual attraction to men rather than women. He doesn’t do camp. He does love for Bryan, and I see that played very well.

• Michael says:

How would one play a gay man convincingly? Or are you one of those who think that we all sashay around our houses?

He doesn’t cringe when he has to kiss his male co-star. There is genuine affection between the two men, so I’m not sure what else he needs to do to play a homo convincingly.

• Christian says:

Justin Bartha is not gay in real life? Knock me over with a feather!

3. BTM says:

What I love best about the show is its heart, even in little things like David turning off the TV when Bryan has something to say that requires attention.

4. Frankieboy says:

I seriously love this show! there are four characters who are really big scene stealers. Bryan, Jane, Shania & Rocky and I love how Goldie and David balance them out.

This show has so much heart. Sharp humor. and a lot of balls. I hope this show has some lasting power.

5. Margie says:

It’s hard to watch this with Marlo Thomas and Ellen Barkin due to their terrible plastic surgery and botox lips. Yuck.

6. Justin Taylor says:

I am openly gay i am very glad that we have shows like this which show our society that there is nothing wrong with being gay or nothing wrong with loving the same sex….we are entitled to the same rights as others are. And i hope Ryan Murphy continues more and more seasons of this show.

7. ruthie says:

Btm is right,, Ilove that david is attentive and sweet with brian… hope a great show like this will help reduce all thehate that is poisoning the world…great job by Justin Bartha and Andrew Rannels.