Is a Grey's Doc Blind? Why Are NBC Promos So Spoilery? Boardwalk Duo Bonkers? And More Qs!

boardwalk300We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Good Wife, Revolution, Arrow and Grey’s Anatomy!

1 | As series finale twists go, iCarly‘s titular video star giving Freddie a final, warm goodbye kiss is kinda up there, no? And how fun were the flashbacks to Episode 1? Everyone was so young.

2 | Gillian and Gyp on Boardwalk Empire — the craziest TV pairing since…?

VIDEO | New Spoiler Alert!: Parks and Rec‘s Retta Dishes On Revenge, Scandal, Walking Dead and More!

3 | What kind of imaginary iPhone was Dexter using that allows you to type with plastic gloves on?

4 | Do you find yourself LOLing during Homeland whenever the Brodys’ oft-MIA son pops up and spouts off a filler line? (“There’s a TV in every room!” “The table’s set.”) Also, do you think the show is building to a Jessica/Mike and Carrie/Brody double wedding?

5 | On The Good Wife, was Alicia and Peter’s bathroom shag session more or less shocking than Kalinda and Nick’s dirty dessert encounter?

6 | Was the idea of Revenge‘s Daniel being a poet funnier than any sitcom this past week/month/year?

7 | Who else had a hard time buying How I Met Your Mother‘s all-female jury? Would that ever really happen?

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Boardwalk Empire, Castle, Community, True Blood and More!

8 | When and how did 90210‘s Liam become a full-fledged movie star, and Ade a much sought-out opener for an A-List musician?

| What, exactly, did Bones‘ Angela see in that ridiculous, wannabe-Banksy street artist? We’d prefer a settled life with Hodgins any day of the week.

Revolution - Season 1VIDEO & PHOTOS | Bones Exclusive: Cyndi Lauper Returns for Twisty 150th Episode

10 | Has anyone been less worthy of an action-packed 10-episode rescue mission than Revolution‘s dim, limpy Danny? And who did you think was more likely to passionately embrace upon reuniting (yet didn’t): Miles/Monroe or Miles/Rachel? Finally, does NBC continue to have the most spoiler-tastic promo department ever, seeing as it gave away the final game-changing moment of this midseason finale?

11 | Did Xtina’s peculiar brand of judging on this week’s The Voice — barely displaying enthusiasm for any of her fellow coaches’ contestants — contribute to the ouster of her sole remaining team member Dez Duron?

12 | How did The New Normal keep that Shannen Doherty cameo under wraps?!

13 | Can we get a full-length version of NCISDeFazio DiNozzo crooning the complete Laverne & Shirley theme song? And how sweet was it to see frying pan-wielding Abby save Ziva’s bacon?

14 | Does saying you can’t stand Parenthood‘s Max make you a bad person?

15 | Are we concerned Sons of Anarchy‘s Jax ventured too deep into Clay territory with his forced drugging of Wendy? Speaking of Drea de Mateo’s reformed junkie, is she fast becoming the show’s only redeeming character?

PHOTOS | Sons of Anarchy Finale First Look: Jax and [Spoiler] Face Off; Otto’s Torment Continues

Muse of Fire16 | Did anyone predict Arrow‘s reveal about John Barrowman’s character?! But the biggest question from this week’s episode — aside from how did Oliver develop Superman-like superspeed — has to be how does the crush-worthy Helena keep her hair and makeup so perfect under that helmet? (And can Jessica De Gouw be promoted to series regular, like, now?)

17 | What was your favorite part of Supernatural‘s cleverly ‘toontastic episode? We’re voting for the talking cat, which needs to become a recurring fixture.

18 | Speaking of cats…. Did Cam’s form-fitting costume on Modern Family drive home how great Eric Stonestreet is looking these days? Or were you unable to concentrate on anything other than his furry codpiece?

19 | Did Scarlett’s Nashville makeover seem less She’s All That and more “Oh hey, I forgot I had this in the back of my closet?” Aside from the plunging neckline, didn’t that dress pretty much look like everything else the character has worn this season?

20 | Every time you think you’ve become immune to American Horror Story: Asylum’s gore, hasn’t the show upped the ick factor considerably and proven you wrong? And will Lana ever catch a break?

21 | Was Mariah Carey smuggling all eight reindeer, Rudolph, the fat man and a Costco-sized fruitcake into the cleavage she sported during Christmas in Rockefeller Center? Because her silver bells had nowhere to go but up and out.

22 | Another Vampire Diaries dance gone by has us wondering: When will they bring Rebekah back?!

RELATED | Glee‘s Chris Colfer Talks Klaine’s Realization and His Big Apple Dreams for Kurt

greys30023 | Glee managed to get Mercedes and Sam in the same zip code this week, yet didn’t give the former lovebirds a single stinkin’ moment together?

24 | Is Grey’s Anatomy‘s April blind? Is that why she keeps pushing Jackson away?

25 | Who else unabashedly shed a tear when 30 Rock‘s Liz Lemon finally got the guy — and that thug-tastic ring?

26 | Is Last Resort‘s Kylie/Christine partnership one of the things you’ll miss most about ABC’s ill-fated sub drama?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. The kid who plays Chris on Homeland has the best job ever. He gets to be on the same Emmy Award winning show as Mandy Patinkin and has the least amount and easiest lines to learn. Set for life.

2. Michael says:

April and Jackson are my favorite couple on Grey’s so of course Shonda will not let them be together. Grey’s has become a to much drama drama.

• Carrie says:

Really? Why? I really feel like April was becoming likeable last season but since hooking up with Jackson she has become even more shrill, neurotic and oblivious, especially to Jackson who for no reason I can understand, likes her. Their “friendship” was a result of the shooting and I see no real chemistry between them. Was very pleased he decided not to be her toy boy / whipping post.

• Ann says:

I love April and Jackson. It appears to me that Grey’s is committed to the pair. I can’t wait to watch the whole storyline play out.

I was very happy that Jackson stood up for April and then stood up for himself. Way to go, Jackson!

• Tracey says:

It is a drama. In Shondland, a couple must break up and then make up at least three to four times before they make it and then there is always a dark cloud somewhere close.

3. Ari says:

14.) Consider me a bad person if so because I can’t stand Max. I think we are only seeing the worst of him. They need to balance him out a bit.
    15.) When Jax injected Wendy I turned to my husband and said, “s*** just got real, that was COLD”
    17.) My favorite part of this episode of SPN was that it was just a fun jaunt. It’s been so serious for quite a while, it was nice to have some fun.

22.) Rebekah, I hope she shows up soon so long as she doesn’t interrupt any progress on the Klaroline front with her little sister bitchery.

• dude says:

Something tells me Klaus wouldn’t listen to her anyway.

• Russ says:

I know Rebekah can sometimes be whiny, a bitch, and she totally killed Elena, but I just feel so bad for her. She needs to be undaggered soon. And where is Elijah?

• darcywilson says:

I agree with what you said about Max. This season especially there have been less good moment with him, which is especially more annoying given Kristina’s cancer storyline. I think that we see a lot of characters take a back seat quite often, so why can’t make take that backseat this season? It just seems like he’s still on the same story, which is fine, but it’s becoming more frustrating to watch given how good the rest of the show is! Except Drew. Ugh, can Drew just die sometime soon.

4. Blake says:

9) Street artist boy made me think of a young Woody Harrelson.

• annie says:

It’s funny. That character was the first thing I’ve completely enjoyed on that show since they so spectacularly screwed the pooch with the Zak/Gormogon reveal.

5. Kiki says:

3. What kind of phone was Dexter using that works that far out in the water?
    9. Angela’s struggle with artist helping scientists vs scientist with artistic skills has been ongoing. Having passion for who you’re with isn’t always enough if you have more passion for what you used to do than what you’re doing now.
    11. Xtina’s out of touch. She picked her team based on her career and America got rid of every single person from her team who was “like” her and it came down to the pretty boy with a passable voice, perfect cannon fodder.

6. Masa says:

I don’t know what kind of plastic gloves Dexter had on, but I know for a fact that iPhone works just fine with both latex and nitrile gloves ;)

7. Jessica says:

Most definitely yes to the surprise reveal on Arrow. I literally gasped out loud.

8. Courtney says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one really disliking Max on Parenthood this year. They need to push the fact that he has a disability aside and try to make him a better person overall. I love the show, but this weeks was kind of obnoxious in that respective.

• cathiecat says:

Is Max not amenable to any sensitivity training? His relentless narcissism is grating and to me undermines the Adam-Christina incredibly moving storyline.

• Eli says:

Well, you have to keep in mind Max has a very serious case of Aspergers. In fact, he is borderline autistic.
        I know several (4 or 5 depending on your definition) people who have Asperger and none of them are as bad as Max is.

9. #13, I would love to see Tony sing the complete Laverne & Shirley theme song as well……you must request (demand) a video of him singing it. :-)

As for Abby and the frying pan, most excellent weapon for her to use to help Ziva out….love Ziva’s remark to her as well….along the lines of ‘That’ll work, as well’ or something.

Can’t wait to see what else NCIS has in store for the fans. :-)

• suzi says:

I agree with everything you said. One of my favorite Tony scenes is when he posed as a street performer during a surveillance on a group of diners at a restaurant, singing his report to Jenny.

10. iMember says:

6. We knew Daniel (“Revenge”) was into writing poetry since Season 1, but knowing that it’s what he wanted to do was…charming. Especially knowing what his father thought of it at the time he brought it up.

I love how the writers of Revenge know the importance of continuity on this show. It’s great writing honestly.

• darcywilson says:

They have yet to disappoint me on that front. I love that it’s a soap, but it does take pride in things like that where others don’t. Let’s look at the original Melrose Place where Amanda was said to grow up in three different cities. So I can also definitely appreciate the writing on Revenge.

11. Oh, and I have a question for y’all…..how sweet was it when Tony finally met Shmeil Pinkhas, Ziva’s long time friend? :-) Loved how flustered Tony got when he realized this was somebody that’s known Ziva since she was 3 years old then Shmeil had met Tony’s dad.

12. k1r514 says:

I knew who John Barrowman’s character was almost from the moment I heard he was on the show … In fact I’m sure that anyone who read the comic books and thought about it would have figured it out.

• Alex says:

I haven’t read the comic books and had no clue. John Barrowman looks (and actually is) too young to play that particular character anyway.

13. Drewer says:

3. I don’t watch Dexter (so I don’t know what gloves her was wearing), but you can type on an iPHONE with standard medical/lab latex gloves. So like the gloves you use in a Chem lab, crime scene, or I guess to clean up a murder.

• Drewer says:

Wow, I love how fast people comment on these things, this question wasn’t answered when I started typing this, but by the time it posted there were multiple remarks, haha.

14. Jake says:

12) loved Shannen’s cameo.

18) am I the only one tired of hearing about Eric Stonestreet/Cam’s weight loss? It s made the character even less tolerable.

• KevyB says:

Word to your mother! While it’s always good to see someone on tv choosing to live a healthier lifestyle, it doesn’t take away from the fact that Cam is the most vile character on television right now. Well, at least until Community brings back Chevy Chase next year.

• Steven says:

Shannen’s cameo was hardly kept under wraps. A picture of her with Andrew Rannells was tweeted a few weeks ago and Shannen tweeted how much fun she had on set.

15. Christina says:

Peter and Alicia’s bathroom shag had me gasp more than Nick and Kalinda’s ice cream encounter!

16. Kiki says:

14. Children with autism grow up to be adults with autism. Change in behavior has only been seen in under 25% of the cases studied and the key is INTENSIVE support. Hands up anyone who thinks Adam and Christina are in a place to provide Max with the necessary tools emotionally or financially.

• Eli says:

He has Asperger though, which may be on the autism spectrum, but is not the same as full on autism. Though as I mentioned above, he is about as close to autistic as I have ever seen in someone with Asperger.

17. Drewer says:

14. No it does not make you a bad person. This show tries to be realistic, but people do not contently talk over each other all the time like they do on that show, people are not that crazy loud, and its worse in most Max scenes, because Adam and Kristina start talking at the same time over each other, over Max, giving us a headache-which is not directly because of Max, but all three of them, and sometimes a screaming Nora.

• Ann says:

I like Parenthood, but sometimes I have to turn it off. All the talking over one another is too loud and hurts my ears. Max is realistic and what a p.i.t.a. Pretty good acting from that young man, but despite being well-done, it’s not fun to watch. Sorry.

• J. Norman says:

I agree about the acting. It is well acted by whoever plays Max.
        With that said, It is really irritating to watch and listen to this part of the show story line.

After a while, you just think, “OK, he has Asperger. It is serious (especially to the state of the parents marriage). OK, we got it!!!” He has special needs, OK, we got it!!!

Its tough of the parents. OK, We got it!!!

Now lets tone it down a bit.

18. Kim R says:

#5. Peter and Alicia…not shocking at all.
    #13. LOVE NCIS!
    #14. Max. It is getting stressful to watch him. Makes me think of what parents truly go through who face this everyday. And I think the kid deserves an Emmy. He is so convincing.
    #16. I did not see that coming. Good twist!
    #18. Classic Cam…cat up a tree and had to be rescued by the Fire Dept. :)

• schu says:

14. This! As annoying/irritating/impossible to watch as Max can be at times, the kid is amazing in the role and deserves major recognition (as does the whole cast, especially Adam & Kristina). And in response to other comments, I’ve never had an issue with the dialogue on Parenthood, it’s the most real life show on television and as most people would think that could be boring/too talkative, I can’t wait to watch it every week because it’s that authentic and just so good.

19. Gem says:

9. Not impressed with the writers and the mess up Angela & Hodgins relationship nonsense.
    10. Not all that impressed with Danny but perhaps now that he’s on the run his character can grow. Charlie has evolved into a pretty bad a$$ character after being hardened to doing what is necessary to survive. Let’s hope Danny is given the same opportunity.
    22. THAT is the question you all had after TVD yesterday? Mine would be who allowed such horribly cut scenes to make it to the final cut in the last 5 minutes. Would it have killed them to drop the bombshell two minutes earlier so fans could actually enjoy a moment many of them had been waiting for?

20. Katherine215 says:

10: All of the above? And I still like him with Nora, too. Seems like Billy Burke has chemistry with everyone.

26: Really enjoying Kylie/Christine, as well as wanting more James/Grace and Sophie/Sam. I like Chrstine’s character but I like Same better with Sophie. It makes me SO MAD that they have essentially cancelled this show! :(

21. cjeffery7 says:

4) Homeland double wedding a la BBC Pride & Prejudice HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so many lols.
    10) to be fair, maybe that’s the reason NBC is getting such good ratings… they’re actually giving the audience a reason to watch.
    24) yeah, April is being a total f****** idiot right now. i look forward to the episode in which someone, hopefully christina or karev, explain it to her. it’s gotta happen. they’re grey’s new OTP.

22. Azerty says:

8/ Liam became a movie star last season, when his ex-girlfriend Vanessa blackmailed the producer so Liam can get to work on that zombie movie. And Ade has been a music star since season 2 or 3 I think, when she was part of a band in high school and was discovered by Ivy’s mother who ran a label. Watching the serie would help you to understand… I agree this show has many crazy, inconsistent, came out of nowhere storylines but the ones you chose to criticize are not one of thoses.

23. Holly says:

#2 Sid and Nancy, only much worse.

I think Gillian will be the one left standing and even though she’s pure evil, I dislike him more.

#18 I noticed that too. Didn’t Eric Stonestreet look great in the cat suit? He has slimmed down a lot.

24. Holly says:

#24 Sarah drew is a talented actress. Remember her as Kitty Romano on Mad Men? It’s disappointing that April is such a whiny, weak character most of the time and yes, she’s a fool for pushing Jackson away.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

She was great as Kitty, I totally agree. I’ve never cared much for her Grey’s character, but she proved her acting talents in Mad Men for sure.

25. 6. What I thought was funny was the fake support his parents were giving him. As IF Conrad would ever allow that.
    9. It’s an artist thing. To artists talent is sexier than any physical feature could ever be.
    17. I think my favorite thing was CASS. HE needs to be a permanent feature. I think I liked the bang gun.
    23. Don’t care. I’d just like to point out that in two scenes less than 5 minutes long with Quinn and Santana they demonstrated how much better the previous cast is than the current cast.

26. Patricia says:

Yes for Arrow I didn’t see it coming at all. I really liked Helena, definetly agree make her a regular

27. Renee says:

10. I hate NBC’s promos they ALWAYS show too much.
    16. I haven’t watched Arrow yet so I’m having to skip everything until I watch…which sucks. I’m not used to this.

• Renee says:

Ok I’ve watched Arrow now and no I absolutely did not expect that. I did wonder why Thea would let him into the house to see her mother, but after the reveal I was like … oh that’s why!

28. I can’t stand MAX, there I said it !!! LOL

29. DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

April definitely has to be blind (or not so bright)… Jackson is physical perfection and a nice guy to boot. And yeah, the whole “he’s a doctor!” thing isn’t as effective when you’re a doctor too, but really… HE’S A DOCTOR. A PRETTY SMART NICE SEXY DOCTOR. X)

30. Mina says:

14. I’ve been saying this for years. This kid deserves NO STICKERS.
    15. Wendy and Chucky topping my list for least expected protagonists (albeit minor) this show has to offer

31. Kira says:

Yes April is more than a little dense. The thing I have a problem with is just an episode or two ago they finally admitted it was more than sex. Last night Avery said he was all in. Yet there was no one mention of being in love from either of them. Maybe they should actually have a talk about their feelings before they hit the alter.

32. Joe says:

Please kill Max

33. JSD says:

I understand that the character of Max does a public service by showing the audience someone with Aspergers and how it impacts the entire family. However, that being said…I have never, not once, seen a likable or redeemable quality in that kid. From the first episode on, the only “affection” he has shown his family is when he’s been badgered into it (such as agreeing to go to the dance so his mother could see her baby all grown up). I wish the writers of the show would do something other than having this boy have tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. I’m sorry if this is my ignorance in Aspergers speaking, but are people with Aspergers who can function in school and work to the degree that Max can really this one-dimentional?

• fiyero says:

agreed – I can’t say that I’m close to someone with Asperger’s and if this is truly how they act 100% of the time, but I’ve always heard stories from others how they are still sweet, nice kids who have trouble with empathy. But, Max is just a BRAT, who seems to get away with it because it’s un-PC to call a kid with Asperger’s a brat.

• Eli says:

To answer your question, no they are not. It’s been bugging me for a while. I have a brother with Asperger’s and while yes he is definitely socially awkward and a bit selfish (and obsessive) in his interests, he is not at all like Max. Honestly it feels like they wanted to give Max a particularly severe case of Asperger’s to, like you said, do a public service in educating people. But frankly they made him so severe he’s closer to being a full on autistic kid and I think they are doing actual people with Asperger’s a disservice this way.

• isa says:

My daughter have Asperger and the writer has an asperger son. Max is more severe than most asperger but I find most of the scene believable (except the one where he win the school Presidential election: there is no way that this would happens) but he pack too much of them in the same episode without balancing them with showing the time when they are perfectly sweet and nice.

34. Abby says:

10. I gave Revolution a try, loving apocalyptic stories and Elizabeth Mitchell, but the scripts are so mind-bogglingly weak (which may be the reason that the acting is suspiciously weak, as well) that I had to get it off my PVR.

14. Only if you specify WHY you hate Max. Is it because even for an autistic kid, Max is kind of a jerk? If you leave it ambiguous, you leave it open to interpretation that you’re being prejudiced. Can I also state that I wish this show got WAY more love in the ratings, because it’s format, dialogue, acting, and storylines are perfect and feel so real every single week?

35. 14. If it makes you a bad person for not liking me, guess I’m a monster because I feel the urge to throw things at him just to make him stop arguing over every single decision.

36. Ana says:

I still haven’t caught up with my DVRd shows so, I skipped a few. But…
    14…Yes!!! I feel so bad because this kid has Asbergers but every time that he acts up all sefish and irrational I want to throw a shoe at him!
    23…Not only did Sam and Mercedes NOT share a single line of dialogue, Santana and Brittany whose status is up in the air and who obviously have a very important conversation still pending, didn’t share a single moment either. I feel like they are trying to do too much with this, especially when they are giving all the A stories to the newbies, and it’s becoming annoying.
    24…Yeah April, what gives????

37. Britta Unfiltered says:

2. Since never. They’re just the craziest pair I have ever seen. I’m so sorry that Gyp is probably getting killed off this weekend, because he is definitely my favorite crazy guy character on all of television right now. I desperately hope Bobby Cannavale is getting an Emmy nomination out of this, because it is deserved.
    3. Good point. I hadn’t thought of that, but yeah, there is no way someone could do that with gloves on, huh?
    4. Double wedding? I wish…I wish. I do think we’re building towards Abu Nazir killing off the son though as a revenge towards Brody. Have you seen the title of the 2nd to last episode?
    5. Yeah, actually I was a lot more grossed out by it, because I think Peter is gross, and Alicia is debasing herself by being with him. Plus I think at some point this season we’re going to learn something about Peter that’s going to make him even grosser.
    14. If it does, then I am the worst person alive. I just don’t see why his parents can’t discipline him. You teach a kid he can get away with anything because he has a disability, and he will try and get away with anything.
    15. Sigh. I think y’all know my many thoughts on that. Wendy worked really hard to reform her life, Jax and Tara are sinking farther into this world that’s causing a danger to their kids, Wendy called Jax on it, and then Jax bullied her, was rough with her, and then ruined her life over it. It was pretty bad. Wendy loves her kid, she was just worried for his welfare.
    18. I actually did notice he was looking very slim, yes. Did anyone think his costume made him look like a Thundercat?
    20. Absolutely, they found my squeamish trigger this week with all the wrist cutting. I can’t watch people doing that or getting cut by mechanical blades either. I’d rather watch an amputation than wrist cutting. It makes me feel super faint to watch.

38. C says:

24. oh April has become so annoying, enough already. I love them as a couple, but even I am tired of her. Whats done is done, enough already

39. How could you not talk about what happened on Scandal???? Oh.Em.Gee!!!!

40. Ram510 says:

7) they while episode of HIMYM was goofy so the all female jury didn’t bother me at all, actually I kinda like the episode even though it seemed like a filler episode
    14) I have never liked Max an I think I’m a great person. Matter if fact I can’t stand their “parenting” I think they are doing a terrible job in that department.
    16) I didn’t think that girl made a good Huntress, I like the more flirty, less emo version on Young Justice. And does that mean her father is Sportsmaster?

41. CRC says:

4. That kid is SO BAD (bless his heart). He had more of a role in the beginning of the series, but they’ve been minimizing the damage this season by basically making him an occasional prop.
    6. So funny! At least they made him a bad poet.
    11. Watching Xtina’s body language on that show is worth the price of admission.
    14. I feel bad about this, too. His character needs more balance if the writers want us to feel sympathetic towards him and not just his parents.

42. chitown mimi says:

#23. The Sam/Mercedes relationship is completely ignored. That is exactly the kind of crap that made me give up of Glee. No consistency.

43. Winnie says:

Twenty-three. *drops microphone*

44. Jen says:

HIMYM did a whole episode in their fifth season that heavily, heavily implied that Future Ted exaggerates a ton of details. You’re not SUPPOSED to buy an all-female jury because obviously that’s now how it went down – it’s how Future Ted (or Marshall, or both) relays the story for entertainment value. Remember, “a lie is just a great story that somebody ruined with the truth.”

• Jen says:

Darn, typo: *not how it went down

• Deg says:

Then explain every other episode of the series. Sorry Jen, not buying that we’re supposed to remember one episode in the fifth season to help explain a ridiculous episode… and for that matter a horrible season. I’ve really enjoyed the series, but this season has yet to have a decent episode. Hope they end it this year.

As for #12 they could keep a Shannen Doherty guest spot under wraps because no one cares AT ALL about The New Normal.

45. Richard says:

#22 AMEN to that! I miss Rebekah! I want to see more of her and less of Klaus. Also, anyone else think Phoebe Tonkin’s talents are being wasted?

• dude says:

I felt like they were her first two episodes but the reveal at the end of this week’s episode leads me to believe they have better things planned for her which is exciting because her little fling with Tyler is beneath her.

46. GeoDiva says:

14. I feel so guilty that I don’t like him. I use to wish the show would make him “better”, but to be honest that is not how it works in real life. Kids like him will always be like that. So seeing that no matter what Kristina and Adam do, he will always be who he is, is heartbreaking but real.
    19. Makeover? Give me a break! Except for a cute dress, she looked exactly the same!

47. dude says:

22: AMEN! WHEN is Rebekah going to come back?!!! It’s been too long. She’s the best part of the show.

48. Linderella says:

I just cannot imagine how difficult it must be to nurture a child with Aspergers because just watching the character of Max is extremely painful. I share the opinion of those who find the constant talking over (and never seeming to listen) to be counter-productive to good story telling and to healthy living. That being said, the show is terribly addictive and the young actor Max Burkholder does a wonderful job of portraying a socially challenged adolescent. I would imagine only a parent of an Aspergers child is in a position to say whether or the behaviors we see are consistent with the condition. If it is, that is a credit to great writing and a talented young man.

49. VI says:

5. Really sick of the Kalinda and Nick storyline. Thought the network would have nixed it by now since it didn’t go over well. Please move on and get Nick out of there.

50. Kristine S. says:

#14. My husband and I can’t stand Max. If that is how kids with Asbergers really are, then I feel nothing but pity for their parents. Of course Adam and Kristina are no picnic either. Quite frankly I despise their family altogether. They are all grating.

• Eli says:

Why on earth do you even watch if you hate the entire family???

• J. Norman says:

I kind of know what you mean.
      I watch it because it has some kind of additive quality to it. The show is, to me, grating in the overall scope but somehow much more interesting in the individual scenarios.

With what seems like rare exceptions, this show (this family) seems to have nothing but one downer situation right after another. It doesn’t help that they often seem to make wrong decisions at crunch time (especially Sarah)

It is well acted by just about everyone on the show, but when the show is over I often think
      “why did I just watch that”. It can be exhausting. Not necessarily what you want (or need) to see just before retiring for the night.
      It really should be an 8:00 or 9:00 show.

With regard to Aspergers. . Yes, I know it is a serious condition and the show runners have made that more than abundantly clear. Nevertheless, my attitude is, “Max? I could do without him totally”