Exclusive

Exclusive: NCIS' Latest Spin-Off - Meet the Team!

Patriot ActsAs we await the episode of NCIS: LA in which we’re introduced to the jet-setting do-gooders who’ll populate the proposed spin-off, details are beginning to leak — and juicy ones at that. How juicy? We can now tell you who (at least a few of) the characters are!

Paris: This Special Agent is a twice-divorced badass who is as sexy as she is tough and as smart as she is sexy. In other words, she is formidable on just about every level. Her one weakness? Though she’s part of a team, she works best when she works alone.

Roy: Though he is (not-at-all-willingly) retired from active duty, this former Special Agent is still employed as the group’s Operations Manager. However, it’s widely acknowledged that he is nonetheless their shrewdest investigator.

Danny: The team’s forensic specialist (and resident oddball) is an ex-NYPD detective who has a little skill at a lotta things. Except driving. Apparently, at that, he has no skill whatsoever!

Clara: Not only a brainiac, lawyer, photographer and military junkie, this Special Agent is also supermodel gorgeous. In her eyes, though, she’s just the tomboy next door.

Kai: The group’s young IT guy apparently is so bright — thanks, MIT! — he doesn’t just say “Did you try rebooting?” like ours does when someone brings him a computer problem. No wonder they all love him like a kid brother.

Your thoughts? Who would you cast? Weigh in below!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive

1. Cuddy's lawyer says:

A sexy female lead? Lisa Edelstein would be great!

2. Manu says:

I can totally picture Lisa Edelstein playing Paris

3. Lisa Edelstein for Paris ! Or Amy Brenneman.. <3
    Courteney Cox for Clara ! Or Melina Kanakaredes.. <3

4. Sykk says:

Roy: Mark pellegrino (perhaps too young), James Nesbitt, Victor Garber, Carl Lumbly
    Paris: Lisa edelstein or Isabella Rossellini or amy acker
    Danny : again Mark Pellegrino, Greg Grunberg or Balthazar Getty
    Kai: Stephen Tobolowsky ‘(a duckie high-tech)

clara: Michelle Ryan, Missy Peregrym, Jayma Mays, Rachel Nichols, Mia Maestro, amy acker

5. Sykk says:

And a sitcom bases on School for Scoundrels with Barney Stinson like teacher for HIMYM’s spin-off

6. Jack N says:

My choices Stargate/Farscape version:

Paris – Claudia Black, Rachel Luttrell, Torri Higginson,

Roy – Christopher Judge, Joe Flanigan, Michael Shanks

Danny – Seems to have Ben Browder, Bryan J Smith or Corin Nemec written all over it.

Clara – Elyse Levesque, Julie McNiven, Lexa Doig

Kai – David Blue,

7. John says:

Zoe McLellan (from JAG) would (now) be the perfect age for a 2x divorcee (somehow I get the feeling that it will be revealed that she’s Gibbs’s as of yet unknown third wife).

8. Bridget Nash says:

I’m going to be blunt here. I am not really liking these descriptions. They all sound like characters we all know already. Kai sounds like Eric. Paris sounds like a female version of Callen or Jenny. See my point? I really hope these are modified, or I’m sorry, but I won’t watch.

9. J says:

They should go CGIS with Diane Neal as Abby Borin instead of an LA spin off!

10. Lady Red says:

just dreaming here, but we’re all doing that, aren’t we now –

Paris: Mary Stuart Masterson (if she’ d agree to do a weekly series) or Aunjanue Ellis
    Roy: Stephen Rea or Vincent D’Onofrio – though I’ m also partial (very much so) to the suggestion of RDA (and if we were really really really in dream world, I’ d cast Phillip Seymour Hoffman or Gary Oldman in the role)
    Danny: Skeet Ulrich or Kevin Rankin
    Clara: Liv Tyler or Noomi Rapace or Athena Karkanis
    Kai: Jorge Garcia ( I know- not a bright youngster right out of college, but just think of what he could do with a computer God/ wizard of all technical things- type role) In the child- ish prodigy type as specified: Freddie Highmore or Haley Joel Osment

It is fun dreaming we’re the ones who get to choose, isn’t it? I’ll be interested to see who the real casting director and producers pick. Hopefully, it will be an awesome ensemble we’ll enjoy watching for years.

11. G says:

1. It seems too early for another NCIS. It doesn’t feel like LA has a solid enough following yet (even with their high ratings) to dilute it with another counterpart.

2. This cast sounds WAY too much like the current NCIS/NCISLA casts.

3. Yet I will try to hold judgement. Honestly, I hated LA at the beginning and didn’t watch it. Only a friend convinced me to give it another go, and then they added Deeks! :) Honestly, if they hadn’t made those much needed cast changes in the beginning, I don’t think it would have lasted.

12. Cat says:

Paris – Jennifer Beals
    Roy – Adam Baldwin, Jeffrey Dean Morgan
    Danny – Jason Wiles (I’d love to see him back on tv. Loved him in Third Watch)
    Clara – Can’t think of anyone.
    Kai – a newcomer would be good here, or a relatively unknown

Also would love a CGIS spin-off with Diane Neal.

13. Greeny says:

Tom Welling!

14. Francis says:

Paris: Michelle Forbes
    Roy: Jimmy Smits

15. Dan says:

Because she has been left out of the Major Crimes team, Paola Turbay would be fun as Clara or Paris.

16. walt says:

Well I personal hope, that they move the actor playing the assistant director, over to this new spin off. So I then will have a another reason not to watch it. I can’t stand, that actor or the character he plays. Plus another spin off , is one spin off to many for me. Their going to kill NCIS and NCIS LA. At some point you just get saturated, and I’ve reached that point. NCIS and NCIS LA, are good, so why destroy them with more of the same. I feel, it’s best to leave people wanting more, then to drown them.

17. mroshimaida says:

At least give it a chance L A was slow to start but improved ti the top
    its all in the writing & cast choice

18. Ginger says:

My choice would be…

Paris: Dichen Lachman (Last Resort, Dollhouse) or Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy, Ringer)
    Roy: Nicholas Gonzalez (Off the Map,Resurrection Blvd.) or Adam Rodriguez (CSI: Miami, Ugly Betty)
    Danny: Miguel A. Núñez (Tarzan, Joey) or Nicholas Brenden (Kitchen Confidential, Buffy)
    Clara: Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break, Walking The Dead) or Amy Acker (Angel, Happy Town)
    Kai: Zachary Levi (Chuck, Less than Perfect) or Fran Kranz (Cabin in the Woods, Dollhouse)