New Spoiler Alert!: Parks and Rec's Retta Dishes On Revenge, Scandal, Walking Dead and More!

While you’ve been finishing off those Thanksgiving leftovers, Matt Mitovich, our special guest Retta and I have been busy cooking up insightful analyses of your favorite TV shows for a new episode of Spoiler Alert!

“Like what?” you say.

For starters, we lament the character that Revenge should’ve thought twice before killing off. We weigh the pros and cons (but mostly pros) of the big cast changes on The Mindy Project. We tease the game-changer that’s coming up on Scandal. And we ask the same thing about The Walking Dead’s Andrea that you have: Does she have to have sex with everything?

Plus, Retta previews the Parks and Recreation holiday blowout — and a hidden talent of Donna’s that’s soon to be revealed. So what are you waiting for? PLAY is the button you want to click!

1. iMember says:

Love Revenge! This coming mid-season finale promo looks AH-MAZE-ING!! I can’t wait to see it. I too really enjoyed the flashback episode more than I thought I would. I thought it’d be like last season’s where it didn’t give us anything new, but this one really tied up the strings together to give us more answers that people had been asking and it tied in with what was happening in present day.

Such an amazing show! 2nd season has been awesome so far. I can’t wait to see what goes down in the rest of the season. AND WHAT WAS IN EMILY’s WEDDING GIFT SHE HAVE TO VICTORIA! You know that’s going to come back if the first season is to go by anything.

2. visitor from another planet says:

madeline stowe or victoria, as the character she plays, does look like Mona Lisa! :)

3. Dick Whitman says:

Finally! Took you long enough to bring Retta back.

4. marla says:

i love retta!! wished she had a bigger part on parks and rec.
    and i agree – merle needs to go! can’t stand this character.. and his voice uuughh..

5. madhatter360 says:

I know there’s a place in Ohio called Defiance. I only know this from watching the amazing movie “The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio” but still, real place.

• JRS says:

Definance, Ohio is, indeed, a real place. I went there more times than I can count as a child to visit my great aunt. I’m betting (spoiler alert!) that this figures into the election conspiracy/fraud/rigging backstory. President Grant’s opponent fell short a few votes in…Ohio. Sounds to me like Cyrus, Melly, and Olivia (!) may have rigged the election. Yikes!

6. Dustin Lock says:

Merle is a perfectly acceptable part of Walking Dead. Mean? If being mean was reason enough to think a character should be removed from a show, there would be no one left on the show Glee. Just because the Merle character is despicable, doesn’t mean the character doesn’t have value to the story. And Andrea, in a show time frame of about 10 months, has slept with two guys, one of those was a heat of the moment deal. What a whore. Please. Plus, I think it is perfectly reasonable for a character to be willfully ignorant – to wish a thing is a certain way and pretend it is in order to keep from wanting to end it. People do it in the real world all the time, do you really think that would go away in the zombie apocalypse?

• Caro says:

I agree with you on all accounts. The Andrea slut-shaming has to stop. The audience realizes that the Governor is a bad dude, but all Andrea’s seen of him is a desire to create a safe, worry-free environment for the residents of Woodbury. It’s the most normal things have been for her in a long time. Who wouldn’t find a person responsible for that kind of stability at the very least intriguing? As for Merle, he IS a mean guy, but I think we’re going to see some of his layers in the upcoming episode when he and Daryl are reunited.

7. Pia says:

Retta should be a permanent co-host.

8. Drewer says:

The reason I’m not feeling the Eddison/Olivia romance on Scandel is that it is super obvious Norm Lewis is wayyy older than Kerry Washington. He’s 15 years older than her-and she looks younger than she is.

9. Amy says:

I think Tony Goldwyn hasn’t been around because he was off directing a pilot for another show. Looking forward to tonight!

10. dude says:

I actually wish they’d keep Shauna on The Mindy Project and get rid of the other one. She bugs me. I was also surprised by Gwen’s role only because of how talented Anna Camp is but I kind of like having her around as the voice of reason. Downgrading her was a smart move but I do hope they keep that aspect of the show and occasionally do a Mindy/Gwen episode like they did with Thanksgiving.

11. Tom says:

Retta is fabulous.

12. Britta Unfiltered says:

I have to agree on everything that was said about The Mindy Project. Like all sitcoms, it’s figuring out what’s going to work for them the best in the first half of their first season. And I do like it when she is a little nuts.
    I don’t agree on The Walking Dead ideas. Merle is a character I love to hate for the moment. This season is supposed to be about how evil people can get during an apocalypse, so they need a collection of evil people to get that point across. I loved how on Talking Dead they referred to Merle as “the good cop” in that interrogation scene.
    As for Andrea…her sex scene with the Governor is something I wish never to see again. That was gross. And I think Andrea is a little gross for sleeping with him. But I don’t think she’s sleeping with everything, I think she just has a very specific taste in men who are super dangerous. She may not realize how dangerous the Governor is yet, but I think she probably senses it on a subconscious level. We know she likes the power of violence. She admitted to liking the zombie cage match fights, and killing zombies seems to be something she really enjoys a little more than she should. I think violent men are just her sex trigger.
    I love Spoiler Alert Theater. Thanks for the fun discussion! You guys are awesome.

13. mia says:

Ya, the slut-shaming of Andrea is really not cool. Who cares how much sex she has – she’s a grown woman.

14. Faith says:

I now want a TVline Christmas album, featuring guests like Retta! Make it happen guys!

15. nate p says:

Listen I know whores and andrea isn’t one of them. She has only slept with 2 guys and its been like more than 9 months. In the real world that’s not slutty. Yeah she got a thing for the powerfull guys but I doubt she really knows how bad the govenor really is. With that being said I don’t like andrea and would be real cool with her getting killed soon. If she stays I’m fine with it too. I don’t want anything to happen to glenn or maggie and I have a feeling something bad is gonna happen to one of them. Hope michonne is back as well when the rest of season 3 comes back. She has really added to the show this year.
    Does anyone know if the show has been picked up for a season 4 yet??? I know the ratings have been great but I haven’t heard anything announced yet. I’m sure it will be back I just want to have it confirmed.

16. iMember says:

By the way, Nolan is BISEXUAL. He made this clear very early into Season 1.

17. chi says:

You guys should have Retta on more often… LOVE HER!

18. use him. abuse him. lose him. says:

Parks needs to get rid of Rob Lowe and have more of Rhetta and Jim!