Fox Sets Mob Doctor End Date, Pushes Touch Season 2 Back Another Week

Fox is tweaking Touch‘s return date as well as scheduling the apparent series finale of The Mob Doctor.

Touch — which was originally set to launch Season 2 in late fall, and then was moved to Feb. 1 — will now return Feb. 8 with a two-hour premiere.

Also, the network has confirmed that final salvo of The Mob Doctor‘s 13- (and likely only 13-) episode freshman run will air Saturday, Dec. 29, Monday, Dec. 31, Saturday, Jan. 5 and Monday, Jan. 7 — all at 9/8c.

Officially, a Fox rep says no decision has been made about a second season for Mob Doc — but the writing is on the wall. After starting out soft and only getting softer, the freshman drama’s ratings have ticked up the past several weeks, though its total audience still barely broaches 4 million, while the demo rating hovers just above a 1.0.

1. boni says:

I loved Mob Doctor..I can’t believe that those stupid reality programs get picked up and all the good series get dumped. Hey FOX listen to your viwers get it back!!!

2. Steve says:

Cancelling Mob Doctor….now you’re premiering Stars in danger the high dive. Change the name of your new mindless reality show Fox to network in danger. My family’s done watching your network, you seem to think people will watch whatever you put on. We’re done and so are you…

3. Diane says:

Don’t cancel the Mob Doctor! It’s a great show!

4. Marilou says:

FOX should definitely reconsider the cancellation of the Mob Doctor! My husband & I love this show! How could they!!

5. Bonnie says:

Mob Doctor became my favorite show. It would be dreadful to cancel.

6. carolanne says:

I really hope that we can keep mob doctor! I enjoyed it!

7. Annie says:

PLEASE…KEEP THE MOB DOCTOR. It is such a good show very well written. Chicago Code should of never went off the air and I agree with everyone who is saying to keep the Mob Doctor!!! Fox2 you guys don’t know when you have a good show. I won’t watch Fox2 anymore if they cancel it. Sick of reality shows.

8. Badams says:

I have never wanted a show to stay on more than Mob Doctor. Its the Soprano’s meets House. PLEASE PLEASE Give us another season!!!

9. Piper Riley says:

I love Mob Doctor! So does my husband. What is Fox thinking? They keep all the ignorant adult cartoon shows, I guess that just proves the intelligence of the the people making these decisions. Come on Fox give it more of a chance.
    PLEASE…PLEASE….PLEASE

10. Lynn says:

I start watching a show I really like and the cancel it. They Suck!

11. Melissa says:

I love the mob doctor I tell everybody about it interesting to see what’s gonna happen next every time I find a show I like they take it off not fair

12. warren priest says:

The mob Dr Has started down the same Road as Homeland a great series All this Reality T.V. that takes up every channel is a joke. Look How Home land has Done .Won a lot awards and Fans and The Mob DR was on its way to Great things. Re think this one.After House we moved off fox ,But now we are watching again

13. heather says:

I love Mob Doctor. I hope it comes back, but more than likely its not. Sad. Where do I have to sign to get Mob Dr. Back? If I don’t watch it on Monday, I watch Tuesday on hulu. Show is great, cast is amazing.

14. Lucie says:

The Mob Doctor was great and still has real long-term potential! The people at Fox who decided to cut the show off despite their faces are looking at tv like impulsive, scared investors who sell out of the stock market bc they don’t know what they are really doing and then not only fail to make a buck but lose everything. What if HBO cancelled the Sopranos after season 1? We wouldn’t know what the Sopranos is just like we will all never know what the Mob Doctor is if the people running Fox don’t get their act together and start making Season 2 of the Mob Doctor. Rome wasn’t built in a day and the Mob Doctor was just starting to get good. C”MON FOX…do something

15. ace says:

I love mob doctors… It’s the only show me and my fiancé could agree in watching… We love it we even.watch the episodes over on hulu!! We would sign that petition…. Please bring it back!!!!

16. Norma Stewart says:

I agree with everyone. It is one of the best shows in ages. I couldn’t belive that the last epsiode killed off her father and they just drive away. That sucked. Norma

17. Mary says:

Love Touch and Mob Doctor!!!!! Hadn’t watched FOX in years!!!!!

18. Cathey robertson says:

I love the Mob Doctor and would love to see what Grace will do now.

19. Scott says:

It’s all about money and the cost of production as compared to what they can get for advertising.. if you can make schlock like these reality shows, for a dime and it costs you thousands to produce a quality drama, and you get the same advertising dollars for either, the business decision is easy. Writing here and sharing your views about the demise of quality drama like the Mob Doctor helps, but loudly boycotting the mindless drivel of reality programming is really our only voice.

20. stacy white says:

Now why ? When you get somethin good goin on for the people to look forward to comeing from fox for once you wanna go and mess it up again you do it to us all the time i believe anything that starts with fox im gonna have to boycott it if you take mob boss away and DONT bring it back

21. Sandra Wilson says:

Mob Doc. is one of the best programs on TV. Was this a political decision????? SICK,SICK, of reality programs. They are truly for dumb, uneducated people.

22. kara says:

I love the mob doctor. This is why I don’t watch new shows on fox because they always get cancelled. It sucks. I want to see more of this show. 4 million viewers seems like a lot to me. Bring back the mob doctor!

• nick1372 says:

4 million viewers is not a lot to the networks. It’s much more complicated than that, but a general rule of thumb is that a show is safe when it has 7/8 million viewers or more. Hits like NCIS and The Big Bang Theory have 20+ million viewers.

23. kara says:

I hate reality shows!! Hate hate hate reality shows! Bring back mob doc. It’s the only thing I watch on fox!

24. M.L. Fryer says:

For all the powers that be, please consider renewing The Mob Doctor. The acting is superb, the plot is intriguing, it’s trans-generational, and it hits the female audience.Seriously, marketing people, what more do you want? The story line actually developed more powerfully each succeeding week. It was refreshing to see Grace begin to strike her own power (i.e. develop her OWN cajones) , in line with the environment she was surrounded by. It will just be unfortunate to lose this show.

• nick1372 says:

The answer to that question is right in your post.
      “The story line actually developed more powerfully each succeeding week.”
      By then, it was too late. People didn’t like the promos, critics didn’t like the premiere. So, only a small amount of people watched the pilot of TMD. They didn’t like it, decided that they didn’t want to stick around on the small chance it could improve, and the show’s ratings fell. It started at a measly 1.5 rating, and dropped 20% the next week.
      I do have to applaud TMD’s loyal audience, though. It only fell 3 tenths of a ratings point from episode 2 to 13, despite being burned off on Saturdays and New Year’s Eve. It could’ve been a success with other circumstances, but it’s too late now, you can’t change the past.

25. Janet Jethon says:

Mob Doctor was the BEST new show out in a long time. T execs at Fox are nuts for not keeping it going I think it is time to boycott Fox for this and Chicago code.

26. So unhappy, Fox is canceling Mob Doctor! Boycott Fox!

27. lavonda says:

I was real upset to find out Mob Doctor was cancelled. There are so few shows on that are not reality shows. I think all of those should be cancelled.

28. Roberta says:

I loved Mob Doctor. I found the premise of the show different and interesting. I’m sorry to see it cancelled only to be replaced by yet another (probably) STUPID!!!! “reality” show. TV has become so dumbed-down since the first so-called reality show Survior (which in fact is nothing more than a cheesy game show). All the really good shows get canceled or put on hiatus for so long that no one cares anymore if, or when, they come back. Remember Falling Skies….Anyway, real television has been hijacked by reality tv. But what’s more alarming is that these shows are getting good ratings which is why the networks keeps adding more. What does that say about us as a people? That we would rather spend our time being entertained by the foolish, behavior of those folks from the Jersey Shore (thank God that’s over) or the Kardashian family. When did wtching somebody lose weight (the biggest loser) become entertaining. Or how about watching a whole hour of volunteers do an “extreme home makeover “…boring!!. All the shows that had a little bit of mystery and made us think, got canned. Remember Journeyman, Kings, Flash Forward, Awake, 666 Park Avenue, and the list goes on. Farewell to good television programs and make way for a future of what?!…….I can’t bear thinking about the “reality” of it.

29. Carol says:

Do these comments about the great disappointment of yet another SUPER show being cancelled get read by a person or persons responsible for actually renewing this series? I hope the people that have the real decision making power pay attention to what we are all saying! I can’t believe the numbers of viewers are as low as posted. We all know that everything is about the almighty dollar! Unfortunately the buck stopped on Mob Doctor. Felt the same way about Chicago Code, but even more upset that Fox canned this intriguing Mob Doctor program. I still watch it often on Video on Demand. Please, please listen and bring it back. Most everyone was killed off but there’s still a lot of interesting script that can be played out. Fox has become very disappointing!

30. I really enjoyed Mob Doctor and hate that it might not come back. PLEASE GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE. Seems like whenever something good comes on Fox they take it off. I liked BURN NOTICE too and it was moved to cable which many of us seniors cannot afford and many others too. I thought Mob Doctor was “telling it like it is in mafia world and medical world”. pLEASE BRING IT BACK.

31. Danielle says:

Bring back Mob Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. Wendy Moore says:

Mob doctor was GREAT!

33. chy says:

The mob doctor is a great show it shouldn’t get cancelled just cause critics didnt like it.

34. Raymond Catron says:

Fox is blowing it again. “Mob Doctor” is a very good show, better than “Touch”. Playing the mob angle makes for interesting drama and the lead actress is real good. Fox should cancel “Touch” and keep “Mob Doctor”. I like Kiefer as Mad Jack but he doesn’t seem comfortable in “Touch”.

35. RENT says:

NEWFLASH!!! ……………….TO SHAUN COMMENTS ON1/21/13 …………………..FOX TELEVISION IS EXACTLY LIKE FOX NEWS (FOX NOISE)……………..IT TAKES OFF GOOD SHOWS AND LEAVES ON THE CRAPPY ONES. ……………………………………. FOX NEWS TAKES OUT, LEAVES OUT THE REAL NEWS AND GIVES THE CRAP NEWS THAT’S JUST A LIE…………….BUT THAT’S FOX. A CRAPPY NEWS AND ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK.

36. YES I AM A FOX VIEWER AN I WANT THEM TO BRING BACK THE MOB DR. IT IS A GREAT SHOW .

37. i heart mob dr says:

I hope someone at fox or another major network sees this. Everyone loved this show. I’m so tired of investing my time in these shows just to cancel. I’m horrified

• i heart mob dr says:

I loved mob doctor n so did 4.9 million people. So even tho they consider that low ratings they just pissed off 4 million people

38. K says:

I’m so bummed they are cancelling Mob Dr’s. My husband and I record every episode – it’s one of our favorites and will be missed!! With all the other crap that’s on tv I can’t even imagine why they would toss this one out!

39. Lauren wiixk says:

I think we should all just keep calling our cable companies over and over complaining. Bother people and they’ll change things!

40. Ashley says:

Bring back THE MOB DOCTOR PLEASE!!! It was one of the best shows on TV. These stupid reality shows are taking over good TV. I was completely obsessed with the mob doctor. I don’t care if I was suppose to be in a wedding, there was no way I would miss the mob doctor. Everyone I know watched the show weekly as well and they loved it. This world is changing so much. Instead of watching great story plots we are stuck watching honey boo boo child and what not. I just don’t understand!!! BRING BACK THE MOB DOCTOR NOW!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

41. Deonna says:

I love Mob Doctor !!!! Fox u suck if u cancel this show

42. jon doe says:

Fox does this crap all the time. They did it with lie to me and human target too. Im sick of getting into a show and then, canceled. Stop your bs fox. Extremely frustrating. Needless to say im about done with fox.

43. Nikki says:

Please bring mob doctor back i love this show!!!! :(

44. Klaudia says:

please bring this show back! it is a great show and it has fans its not like no one is watching!! ive been telling people to get into it I DVR it whenever its on and I love love love it!!!

45. Jeremy Huff says:

I cannot believe that mob doctor has been cancelled. I have been waiting for fall to come so that I could watch the next season, but I never saw any promotions for it. Now I know it was cancelled. Maybe viewership was low because people were having mob doctor get together’s at their houses. The show was awesome and four families would come over to our house to have dinner and then watch mob doctor together. I am sick of Fox cancelling my favorite shows, like House, Fringe and Mob doctor. Me and my friends are now protesting Fox. I am not going to get hooked on anymore Fox shows just to have them cancel them. FORGET ABOUT ALL OF THE STUPID REALITY SHOWS ALREADY. Every major network is cramming them down our throats. History channel doesn’t have history shows, MTV has no music, Discovery has you discovering more reality shows. Its ridiculous. The people of this country are sick to death of all the reality shows. Keep some good dramas in your arsenal of programming, not a bunch of retarded sitcoms and people being followed by cameras. TV these days sucks. Thanks, have a nice day

46. Ryan says:

The mob doctor was a great show better then 99 % of the crap that’s on tv now hope to see another season