Fox Sets Mob Doctor End Date, Pushes Touch Season 2 Back Another Week

Fox is tweaking Touch‘s return date as well as scheduling the apparent series finale of The Mob Doctor.

Touch — which was originally set to launch Season 2 in late fall, and then was moved to Feb. 1 — will now return Feb. 8 with a two-hour premiere.

Also, the network has confirmed that final salvo of The Mob Doctor‘s 13- (and likely only 13-) episode freshman run will air Saturday, Dec. 29, Monday, Dec. 31, Saturday, Jan. 5 and Monday, Jan. 7 — all at 9/8c.

Officially, a Fox rep says no decision has been made about a second season for Mob Doc — but the writing is on the wall. After starting out soft and only getting softer, the freshman drama’s ratings have ticked up the past several weeks, though its total audience still barely broaches 4 million, while the demo rating hovers just above a 1.0.

1. Cheri says:

Absolutely love Mob Doctor!! Was very surprised to hear it was being cancelled. I really hope they do change their minds and KEEP the show. I loved it when it came on after Bones which is another favorite. Even if they have to change the night/time I would still keep watching. Please reconsider and KEEP MOB DOCTOR!!

2. Esther C. says:

Keep the Mob Doctor, great drama show. Will be disgusted if they cancel it.

3. Stacey says:

Mob Doctor is a great show. I am completely shocked that FOX plans to cancel it. I hope they reconsider.

4. nice15 says:

I can’t believe they’re considering or have decided to cancel the Mob Doctor. What’s wrong with Fox? Finally a smart show, a cast with great chemistry and they want to cancel. I guess if it doesn’t have “vampires” why bother. I loved the show from the start and it only has gotten better. Think it over people, right now Fox doesn’t have much, don’t fix what isn’t broken.

5. barbara says:

mob doctor is one of the best shows on tv- i cant believe they are cancelling it

6. MaryTV says:

I didn’t watch Mob Doctor originally, but stuck around after Bones one week and really enjoyed the show and it was nothing like the previews! For some reason Fox doesn’t like to properly promote shows then they just abandon them when we become interested – Good Guys, The Finder, Lie to Me…

Instead of giving the quality shows a chance, they just put on more Gordon Ramsey crap and promote Touch like it’s the second coming. I really like Keifer Sutherland, but Touch is really NOT touching me at all.

Maybe I just have bad taste in TV, but there have got to be a lot of other watchers with non-reality, non-Touch TV taste!

7. Carol says:

Fox is making and huge mistake to cancel the Mob doctor
    They should be cancelling Touch instead

8. Val says:

Bring ‘The Mod Doctor’ back, period!

9. Sabrina Brockett says:

Please keep the Mob Doctor!!! Its a great show that just needs a chance. This is why people don’t watch new shows because you get invested then they cancel it.

10. Steve says:

Don’t cancel the Mob …….IM HOOKED on this show and its being ripped off the air! FOX you suck!!!!!!

11. Oolivia says:

Finally found a show my husband and I like to watch together and now it’s cancelled!!!! NOOOOOO!!!! We were hooked from the beginning! Told everyone we knew about it and most didn’t even know about it. Where is your advertising FOX?? Tired of good shows being cancelled after one season….give Mob Doc a chance! Def would want to watch more

12. rich says:

i just watched what i hope isnt the last mob doctor>>>wtf…. i love the show..come on fox get your head out of your a_s

13. Joseph LaCroix says:

My wife and I are very unhappy that Fox decided, without giving The Mob Doctor a chance, canceling the show!! We’ve been hooked since the season premiere! We only tune into Fox for Bones and have this show a shot, and ever since, been looking forward to every episode! Now that this is being cancelled, we will watch Bones, and maybe The X Factor and that’s it for us watching Fox!!! At least we have SVU (for the 14th year) and Chicago Fire on NBC! I guess in order for a show to make it on FOX, someone has to be screwing someone!!

BAD CHOICE FOX!!!!

14. Vinnie costello says:

I am a huge fan of The Mob Doctor please keep the show going, I don’t watch tv but only to watch The Mob Doctor

15. I love mob docter .great show .I’m disabled watch tv allday .I’m a good.
    Show credict

16. Amy W says:

Wow, ANOTHER great show that is going out the window. FOX seems to butcher all of the shows that are actually great shows. Do they have a fear of failure that they keep the crappy shows and get ride of the good shows!!!!!

17. JD P says:

Well, after watching this finale, I definitely think we can attach “SERIES” to it and not “season,” unfortunately… I enjoyed tonight’s series finale, regardless if it was premature and untimely. Good job to everyone who worked on this show up to this ending – I’m glad we atleast got a proper ending instead of a 1-season-show that has no closure…

18. tonyy1919 says:

Mob Doctor,Made in Jersy- Any show that does not have horror blood and guts sex is droped because people seem to be programed that way theese days. Good shows are being droped,without a chance to get going. Fake reality shows I Hate but that is what stupid people like. let them get some real reality but they are just cowards. Even the contestents are fake. round up the reality show junkies drop them on a desert island or combat zone with only a knife and tell them to survive for a year. No one will do it. No prize Just prove you are a man. No hand picked contestents. just ordinary people. no cameras. 1 year later if they survive just say good job and send them home.who will apply.

19. Skyler says:

My wife and I love the show if there is anyway we can contribute to saving it. Put us on the list… :-( Finally something with an extended plot action and good drama…

20. Liz says:

I’m done with Fox…
    It would be great if they could see all of these posts

21. Les says:

:’( so sad to see it go. Hubby and I loved the show and the actors! We will miss mob doctor

22. Deandra says:

Please keep Mob Doctor!!! One of the better dramas out there… this is what got me watching Fox again. Of it goes, I’ll be gone too.

23. Angela Clark says:

Cannot believe they are canceling.Mob Dr one of the best new shows on television and the best show on Fox. I never watched Fox until this show was put on the air. They don’t give shows. Long enough for people to start to notice them. Although I thought it started out good from the first few episodes. Why is it they cancel everything that has some depth to it. Will not watch Fox after the last episode of this. Every show they have on is ridiculous. They actually had something really great started with Mob. Dr. And they decide to cancel it stupid unintelligent decision. There are people over the age of 20 that watch tv and would like something. Other then Glee to watch on this network. As for Touch with Kiefer Sutherland he has to be one o the worst actors tin Hollywood. And that show is so stupid. I tried to watch it and it was so boring I turned it off and I I usually always give something a chance, but it’s awful. Wish the network would listen and give Mob Dr another season. Possibly put it in another time slot since it wasn’t doing well where it was. It’s a great show!

24. Liz says:

One can only hope that another (more reputable) network picks them up!

25. Helen Eberherr says:

Are they cancelling all the shows that show violence? There is more violence in the reality shows then on any of the so called violent shows, start cancelling those. Especially the Kardashions.

26. Mike Rhea says:

I am so sick of getting hooked on a good show like Mob Doctor and then it getting canceled. I am with some of the others I am done with Fox Mob Doctor was the last straw. I think they need some new pollsters. In my opinion.

27. rita brown says:

I so enjoyed the last show of …(mob Dr.) I hate it’s at the end of a great run, At least it had a end… :)

28. Emma says:

Keep the Mob Doctor, I am sick and tired of the hollywood reality shows!! I never watch them and never will! I want to be entertained and the Mob Doctor is one of the few good shows on TV!!!!

29. AJ Hudson says:

Do not take away Mob Doctor that is about the only show Fox has to offer! We love that show! This family will not watch Fox if it is removed!!!!!!!!!!

30. Rona says:

Mob Dr. Was one of my favorite shows. I never missed an episode. Hope they come to their senses and bring the show back. I even got my husband to sit for 1 hour and he lived it.

31. Alan Williams says:

Fox doesn’t keep anything Good! We’ve all pretty much written Fox off! We gave them another shot when Mo Doctor debuted,,and No Surprise,,they did it again!

32. Dwight says:

STUPID IS STUPID DOES, Thats why Fox will never be a BIG player in the network war.
    Either put it back on or let another network have it.

33. Samantha Williams says:

I just watched the entire season of Mob Doctor on my computer. I think it’s a great show and should not be cancelled. The story line was great and the acting was superb. Let’s try to bring it back Fox and replace some of those ridiculous reality shows.

34. Brenda says:

Mob dictor is much better then Touch! I’m done with Fox!

35. Tony says:

Forgetaboutit I ain’t watchin fox no more Mob Doctor was great show what ya gonna put on another reality show?

36. Debbie says:

We just found out about Mob Doctor with the last 4 episodes and love it! Maybe it was not promoted right to begin with. We just stumbled on to it and can’t wait for each episode. I hate that it has been cancelled.

37. Tammy says:

This sucks! Love the Mob Doctor!
    Bring it back next season!! Plzzzzz

38. Tammy says:

Touch sucks! Watched it three times and lost interest, have been gluded to Mob Doctor! Fox get your heads out of your a**

39. ericka says:

Dont get rid of this show!!! Its really good!!! I started watching fox again because of this show so sick ok reality tv and the same csi and law and order! advertisement hasnt been enough to get more veiwers! A second season with a twisted begining will get it rolling!!

40. eyona a says:

Keep the mob doctor!!! Love this show! Great cast!

41. Tom says:

Really!! i was looking forward to a second seaon! Fox really needs to cut the sh*t out!!! We need good tv not the same ole stuff!!!!!! This show was a break from the bullsh*t on this channel and the rest of the other programs!! GIVE THIS SHOW A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Corina says:

Just watched series finale of The Mob Doctor!!! Why?Why would u cancel this show after an ending like that!!!!????

43. Sandee says:

Please bring back mob doctor for a second season !! We love this show so . We will def miss it and its the only show we watch on Fox. We won’t watch it anymore

44. Steven says:

I like the mob dr. But what’s left with Grace killing him. What’s left with the south side what’s left with al since the other gang put the hit on him. There’s really nothing left the writera killed the series with the first season.

45. bhenry says:

we love the mob doctor bring it back please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. Mac says:

I agree I fell in love with the mob doctor. I’m so tired if these terrible reality shows!!!!! Yet something genuine promise and intrigue gets the axe. Just like good guys, pushing daisies, etc. I don’t see the appeal of American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, etc. why do these shows continue year after year! I personally don’t feel that my segment of the television market is being represented.

47. Wendy says:

Alas….. It’s gone. She’s on her way to Mexico with her boyfriend after overdosing Constatntine with insulin, flatlining him(after finding out he was her dad….(. I guessed that in the first show…). Bye bye Mob Dr. It was fun while it lasted.

48. M says:

I love the mob doctor it’s one of the best shows showing I will never watch anything from fox if they do cancel !!!!!!!

49. I really loved the Mob Doctor. I think Fox made a huge mistake cancelling it. I can’t stand Touch. That show is so boring. Bring back The Mob Doctor. That show had an awesome cast and always had a great storyline.

50. morgan says:

You have put a great show on but only to destroy it Hummm !!! Sell the story line to another network !!!! This show was fantastic !!!! MOB DOCTOR