Code Blue: Emily Owens, M.D. Cancelled By CW

Get More: Cancellations

Emily Owens. MD CancelledThe doctors are out… of a job.

The CW has euthanized its little-seen, critically panned medical soap Emily Owens, M.D., TVLine has confirmed.

The Mamie Gummer-fronted drama debuted to just 1.7 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating last month — well below time slot predecessor Ringer‘s launch numbers, yet admittedly facing stiff competition in the second presidential debate and the American League Championship Series. In its most recent outing this week, Emily attracted 1 million viewers and a 0.3 in 18-49.

A CW insider says the network will air all 13 episodes from its initial order; Episode 6 aired this past Tuesday.

Comments (271)

• They will never be able to launch something in that hour, it seems.

Comment by Guy – November 28, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I 100% agree. I don’t know how The CW thought the show would attract an audience against the NCIS older audience -the propped up competition from the other networks reality results shows. Emily Owens never stood a chance. It’s really too bad because I really enjoyed this show. So tired of watching the scraps toward us from the Nielsen families. Why is cheap reality, juvenile comedies and boring procedurals all they watch?

Comment by Anne – November 28, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really enjoyed the show too. NCIS is getting tired.

Comment by Edith Small – December 5, 2012 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree Im all the way over in New Zealand and really enjoyed Emily Owens M.D what the hell?? NCIS is tied i dont think we air it here anymore…

Comment by Kat – February 24, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree. Sad to see Emily Owens cancelled!

Comment by nlm – February 27, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes precisely!!why would they cancel such wonderful show!!!i’ll never forgive CW for this!!!

Comment by Zenon – December 18, 2012 02:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve enjoyed watching the show which I found entertaining without “all” the gore…sorry to hear it was canceled.

Comment by CEG – February 9, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So disappointed this show is gone. Emily Owens was easy to bond to and i couldn’t wait to see which guy she would choose. Really bad decision to get rid of this show. Maybe i need to stop the pvr and stop getting hooked on shows that get cancelled. Very Sad Emily fan.

Comment by krista – February 23, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • are these people out of their mind why would they do that its my favorite show gosh their crazy i hope they will gonna get back the show im inlove with the show im always waiting that to watch even if its always on a replay i never missed it oh really come on change your mind

Comment by vinia – February 4, 2013 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m 60 years old and I looked forward to watching Emily Owens MD every week. I hated for the show to be over every week. I am so tired of all the NCIS, CIS, police, detective, lawyers, reality shows, shows where kids and adults are mouthing off to each other, etc. It was refreshing to have something nice, light and fun to watch. There are a dozen plus shows to take off the air. Bring Emily Owens MD back

Comment by Vickie – February 12, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with Vickie… I love the show, it’s so addicting. Every tuesdays I look forward to watching this show. So sad

Comment by A.S. – February 13, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Emily – February 13, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Emily – February 13, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I loved this show so much, and it was really good! Loved the writing, plot, characters etc etc etc! I have no idea why it would be given such a small window of a chance! It would be wonderful to see the show picked up by another network. I was really looking forward to seeing more.

Comment by Emily – February 13, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • still still still hoping someone comes to their senses and brings this wonderful show back! Can’t believe the mindless teenie bopper shows that remain…..My husband and I looked forward to watching every week, Please!

Comment by Beth – March 10, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The CW replaced Emily Owens MD with “Cult” …. It’s not even good.

Comment by Angie – February 22, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe if we all could send an email into
        Robin Mead on the Morning express news asking her to help us get Emily Owens MD back on the air .

If enough of us who would like it back , write in
        The higher ups might listen :-)

Vickie

Comment by Vickie – February 26, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am saddened to see this go ihave been watching ever sense it started and i was getting addicted to that show . i am dissapointed

Comment by angel – December 19, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seems like the cw is aiming for kids all the shows they have are dead and tired same thing … Why not give us something different and drop kid shows . I was super addicted to Emilyowens!!! I do hope they wake the hell up and bring the show back!!! Pleaaaassseeeeee

Comment by Kathleen – February 1, 2013 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do not feel that Emily Owens was given a fair chance, in its time slot, against so many election specials, etc….. It was a refreshing new drama. Bring it back & give it a real shot! Mamie Gunther is very talented!!!!!!!!

Comment by Robin Hansen – February 5, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ditto!!!!!! and so is michael radyyyy~

Comment by shindeok – March 24, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily Owens is a clever,well written show and is one of top shows on TV. Bad decision to cancel. Very dissapointed.

Comment by Jan and Dave – January 1, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yah very dissapointing i love it specially how she handles the patient gosh very clever and her lovelife its amazing i wanted to know whom she fall for i cant wait for that shes awesome (emily owens)

Comment by vinia – February 4, 2013 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If nothing should be launched in that hour then obviously the show would have done better in another time slot. Ya just gotta wonder if it could have made it. My wife and I watched every episode and liked the series very much. It was just getting interesting when I heard it was cancelled.

Comment by Michael – January 6, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree bring the show back! It’s a family show a show for men and woman!!!! With great actors and excellent writing

Comment by Kathleen – February 1, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yah bring back the show come on its inspiring its more than a movie to me emily is very lovable

Comment by vinia – February 4, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I totally agree. Love the show. Don’t miss an episode. Bummer!

Comment by Eileen – February 5, 2013 10:15 AM PDT
    • Emily owens was the best show of the season. Please give it another chance!

Comment by Roxann Edwards – February 4, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really like this show! It is different than the other doctor shows on tv now! They should not have cancelled it!!! Dumb move!

Comment by Ellen – February 5, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed!! Another one of their stupid bloody shows taking it’s place. Giving serial killers and wierdos even more ideas to massacre & hurt innocent people!

Comment by Ann – February 19, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agree to Ann’s comment. Great show. I always looked forward to Tuesday’s night. I, too, am sick of the “celebrity news 24/7″, reality shows, vampires, and serial killer shows. Maybe another network would be interested in picking it up.

Comment by Linda – February 20, 2013 04:02 PM PDT
    • Is there anything that we can do to try to get this show back? Any higher-ups that we could write to? Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment by Vickie – February 13, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THERE IS A WAY YOU CAN SAVE THE SHOW! Sign the petition to save it at: Ipetitions.com! Then go to the SAVE EOMD FACEBOOK AND GET THE CW’s NUMBER! Call and leave a message on an opinion line! Then get tongue depressors and write “Save EOMD” on them! People on FB and twitter are doing it! And mailing them into the CW!

Comment by Margaret – February 13, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This had become my favorite tv show. I am so dissapointed. I want it back too.

Comment by Minnie – February 14, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish! If you do find out, plese post!

Comment by Ann – February 19, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • now Hartley is free to guest star on Arrow. He’s been Aquaman, he’s been Oliver… which DC hero could he play next? Hal Jordan maybe?

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 28, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Gummer can go back to The Good Wife!

Comment by Pia – November 28, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My thought exactly!

Comment by Sophonisbe – November 28, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stop trying to make Mamie Gummer happen.

Comment by Elf – November 28, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s already happened. She may not be your cup of tea but she’s mine. She just needs to find the right teapot from which to be poured.

Comment by april-ann – November 28, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She was very good in the “John Adams” HBO miniseries and “The Good Wife.” You are right when you say she just needs the right material.

Comment by Gwen – November 29, 2012 04:22 AM PDT
          • I agree. I like Mamie Gummer a lot and I think Emily Owens could have worked – it was a cute show, but needed to find its voice. I’m sorry the show has been cancelled because I liked the cast and thought it had potential. I also loved her on The Good Wife and hope she returns.

Comment by Laura – November 29, 2012 07:12 AM PDT
          • Yeah, the actors worked wonderfully, but the scripts and concept wasn’t good enough. Please spin Gummer and Rady into their own show – they’re incrediblly charming actors that need better material.

Comment by Temperence – November 30, 2012 12:51 AM PDT
        • ^ Ha Love this!!!

Comment by Heatherjm – November 28, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She is annoying!! Bring back Ringer!!

Comment by Heatherjm – November 28, 2012 06:36 PM PDT
          • I loved Ringer!!

Comment by Lola – November 28, 2012 07:46 PM PDT
        • Plus she’s very talented and pretty!!

Comment by Zenon – December 18, 2012 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! I love both Mamie and Justin; but the show… Meh.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli – November 28, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He doesnt look anything like Hal Jordan. LOL why is everyone trying to get their little favorite actors to be shoe horned in Arrow.

Comment by Triss – November 28, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just want Jordan to show up on Arrow so they can do Hard Travelling Heroes. Hartley has already played two different DC characters on TV, Aquaman and Green Arrow, so he could play a third (he’s like Chris Evans in the Marvel movies, where he’s played both Johnny Storm and Captain America). Another character he could play is the Warlock Travis Morgan. There the in-joke would be that in the comics the Warlock and Green Arrow, specially when drawn by Mike Grell, look alike, so Hartley playing the Warlock and being told that he looks like Oliver would be a joke on his having played GA in Smallville (Hartley playing Morgan is something I saw Craig Byrne from Kryptonsite mention on Facebook, heh).

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 28, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Michael Keaton didn’t look anything like Bruce Wayne or Batman, and yet he played the role well in two movies.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 28, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOO! i was really enjoying it.

Comment by João Amaral – November 28, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. The first two episodes were dreadful, but the series was actually enjoyable, reminding me of an early Grey’s Anatomy. I actually enjoy EOMD more than Dixie lately.

Comment by Phil – November 28, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked Emily Owens but if I had to pick between Emily and HOD I’d want HOD to live. I’m not optimistic about HOD making it past this season either though.

Comment by Ari – November 28, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If both shows started at the same time, would you still pick HOD over EO? Personally I couldn’t stand HOD’s first episodes, whereas I liked EO from the get-go (although the premiere was somewhat bland).

Comment by kavyn – November 28, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I like Dixie better too,though I do like EO too.I think Dixie will be renewed:GG ends,EO cancelled and I strongly believe Beauty will be cancelled in May just cause it lost more than half of its pilot audience by episode three but Dixie is still steady at 0.5-0.6

Comment by Brandy – November 28, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same! Loved HOD’s first season but haven’t been enjoying it this season. If I were to choose which of the two were to be cancelled I’d choose HOD. Emily Owens MD has gotten so good. SO bummed out about this cancellation. This is unlikely, but I hope it gets picked up by another network. :(

Comment by Michelle – November 29, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This is such a great show, new and different, I never get to watch it when it actually airs, but I DVR it twice to make sure I don’t miss it. Should try Monday nights there really isn’t much on.

Comment by Shelby – December 5, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto!

Comment by bobbie – November 28, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So was I. It was like Grey’s Anatomy back when the characters on GA were likeable. And I love Mamie Gummer. The show had potential–just a really lame time slot and a network that can’t afford to nurture struggling shows.

Comment by soundscene – November 29, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww. I knew this was likely to happen, but it makes me sad. I really liked the cast on this show.

Comment by Summer – November 28, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that sucks. :(

Comment by A.d. Williams – November 28, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. Bring back Ringer

Comment by Sarahliz – November 28, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be the best thing ever!

Comment by kate – November 28, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes it would. At least a mini-series or a movie to wrap it all up for us.

Comment by april-ann – November 28, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The Ringer failed. It’s gone, time to let go.

Comment by Russ – November 28, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get over it already ringer was a horrible show and chances are it won’t come back. Ringer & secret circle fans are so annoying.

Comment by Annoyed – November 28, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BRING BACK RINGER!!!! great idea Sarahliz

Comment by Fernanda – November 28, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch Ringer all the way through but never took to it like EOMD. The show pulls on heart strings where Ringer was starting to get boring.

Comment by Leasa – February 5, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they going to air any more episodes?

Comment by Caroline B – November 28, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It says that The CW will air all 13 episodes.

Comment by Someone – November 28, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO!!!!!!!!!! Just when I thought the CW was finally starting to show some growth.

Comment by Mita – November 28, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What do you mean, growth? By airing a show with a poor .3 demo?

Comment by Alex – November 28, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it was absolutely awful.

Comment by Elyse – November 29, 2012 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the remaining episodes?

Comment by Alex – November 28, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As said in the article, the remaining 13 episodes will air.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli – November 28, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The remaining 7 episodes will air. They began with an order of 13. They’ve aired 6.

Comment by Blake – November 28, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that this was inevitable – but I was starting to get invested in Emily…not so much the other characters.

Comment by MariaSanchez – November 28, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that was part of the problem. None of the other characters were really developed.

Comment by Ari – November 28, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww sad! I was just saying today how much I really like the show.

Comment by Nessie – November 28, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooo! My favorite new show. And it is Really good :(

Comment by Adam – November 28, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it was bound to happen the show was not that good. justin an tom are both not working now let see if they can work again together on tv

Comment by Marybeth Mason – November 28, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks Im loving the show!! Then again Im told I Like everything. With that said just get Micah and Emily togther before it goea off please and thank you !!!

Comment by oshay – November 28, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOO!! I was shipping Micah and Emily! :(

Comment by melissa breit (@LissaB99) – November 28, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me to!!! Since their airing all 13 produced episodes mayybe something will happen for us micah and emily fans and Id like to see my new crush Michael Rady on somemore stuff!

Comment by oshay – November 28, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mamie Gummer deserves a show.

Comment by Sue – November 28, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^Agreed. I really like her and she isn’t just like her mom! I really liked this show!

Comment by Cy – November 28, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never watched that show, I didn’t even know it was with her! But I LOVED her Mina Minard in Off The Map! She needs a real break! That or she has some sort of Mamie Gummer curse a la Jason O’Mara!

Comment by Barbie – November 28, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aah! :D I’ve seen her in Good Wife, but her performance in Off the Map was stellar. (Granted, I still understand why the show as a whole failed…)

That’s why I was so disappointed in Emily Owens. Because you know she’s capable of so much more.

Comment by Stacy – January 4, 2013 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the cast and the dynamic, but I just think that there are already way too many medical dramas on TV. This one lacked the medical accuracy of shows like ER, and lacked the wit of shows like Grey’s Anatomy. Also, characters like Cassandra and Dr. B were just too unlikeable. I wish they had done the show with another setting, like teachers at a school or something.

Comment by lara – November 28, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So bummed. I like both Mamie Gummer and Justin Hartley. Maybe JH can bring Will to Grey’s Anatomy and get rid of some of the new interns.

Comment by Laura – November 28, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWWW. I was actually starting to like the show. :(
    At least I still have Arrow.

Comment by Catherine – November 28, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already saw Emily Owens when it was called Grey’s Anatomy Season 1.

Comment by Derek Johnson – November 28, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, so true.

Comment by april-ann – November 28, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Young Doctors In Lust? Wasn’t Mamie’s last role in Off The Map kind of similar in that respect?

Comment by Anna Paolinelli – November 28, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i actually really liked off the map… emily owens not so much.

Comment by Elyse – November 29, 2012 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ditto!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – November 29, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I already saw GA Season 1 when it was called ‘Scrubs’.

Comment by Marco – November 29, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww, I have to admit this makes me a little sad. At least it happened early on. I liked this show, love Mamie Gummer. I find her talented and very charming. Agree with Sue above who said that she deserves a show.

Comment by april-ann – November 28, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That blows! I loved it :(

Comment by Lana – November 28, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Critically panned? I thought this was a critical darling early on. No?

Comment by Mark – November 28, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO, it was not. Metacritic cumulative reviews ranked it as one of the five “worst” new shows, I believe. In no way was this program a critical darling ever.

Comment by Alex – November 28, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Alex if you let reviewers pick what shows you watch and or believe what they have to say, you will be watching Honey Boo Boo for the rest of your life.

Comment by stacy – January 23, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most critics panned this show because not only did Emily talk to another character vocally, you heard her thoughts. One critic said it was the most poorly written pilot he has ever seen. They also panned Mob Doctor, which also is running its final 13 episode on Saturdays.

Comment by Kathy – November 29, 2012 03:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t npr say that this was the best new show on tv? Was this the only good review?

Comment by Anonymous – November 29, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well at least they’re going air the remaing eps. They should have picked up The Selection instead.

Comment by ABC – November 28, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping The Selection would make the cut too! At least, my idea of what that show would look like. ;) Given that they passed…. it managed to be worse than everything else on their network? Eesh.

Comment by Stacy – January 4, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the show…and still love the show…I will watch all 13 episodes. This failure simply falls on viewers. You say you want more Justin Hartley, yet when he’s given to you, you don’t tune in enough. This was a very good medical relationship drama, and it stinks that this action had to be taken. Viewers…a word to the wise: networks don’t have the luxury of patience like they used to when there were 3 networks and 20 shares. If you like a show and want to keep it on the air, you’d better start WATCHING LIVE.

Comment by Jason – November 28, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • watching live doesn’t make a damn bit of difference if you don’t have a nielson ratings box… so no. most of us watching live makes NO impact at all. oh and the show is awful thats why no one watches it.

Comment by Elyse – November 29, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It started out rough (I barely got through the pilot), but it was finally coming into its own as Emily started to get over her internal problems with Cassandra and the characters built up.

The problem with the CW? They threw this into a timeslot where I already watch “Happy Endings”, “Apt. 23″, “New Girl”, “Mindy”, and “Rizzoli & Isles”, along with “NCIS LA” and “Go On”. It was truly the most boneheaded timeslot decision they could make. I had to by default watch it via Hulu+ the next day instead of over the air, which I’m sure they prefer.

Truly the CW scheduling wunderkinds screwed this show from the beginning.

Comment by Mantra720 – November 28, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true! This show never had a chance at that time. And now that Rizzoli and Isles is back on, this won’t even get DVR’d. I will catch it on Hulu later…

Comment by Ana – November 28, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, because the CW looked at your personal preferences and deliberately slotted Emily Owens against several other programs you like just to screw you over and ruin the show’s chances of success. You are THAT important. Mmhmm.

Comment by Alex – November 28, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very ignorant and unnecessary comment…

Comment by Ana – November 28, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope Cult and Carrie Diaries are both good!

Comment by Elyse – November 28, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone know if they finished shooting the remaining episodes or if they will have the chance to write a ending to the series before the final episode airs?

Comment by CLNorman – November 28, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Son of a Bandari.

Comment by Cam – November 28, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed it, Mamie Gummer is amazing…..but I’m alright with this. Just means that Beauty and the Beast might get renewed. I love BnB muchmuch more.

Comment by mia – November 28, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like EOMD much better than BnB, even though I had high hopes for the latter and I love Kristin Kreuk. I just couldn’t get past episode 3 of BnB. On the other hand, while EOMD’s first few episodes made some missteps, I felt it was slowly but surely getting its groove. Tsk, tsk. CW sucks!

Comment by pug – January 18, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back The Secret Circle already!

Comment by Tracy – November 28, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin Hartley will get picked up by another CW pilot..hopefully for next season. He definitely has an audience over there.

Comment by Jared – November 28, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the 13 eps will be released on dvd. That would be fun to have, not only to watch but because I think she is really going places. One of my fave 13 ep series dvd sets is Wonderfalls (although I think that may be more than just 13 eps, not much more though). Hey….wait a minute, wasn’t Caroline Dhavernas on Off the Map with Mamie? Oh dear. These talented actresses really need vehicles which will take off (ie. marketed correctly and backed by the networks, proper timeslots and given every chance to succeed).

Comment by april-ann – November 28, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it too late to get Hellcats back?

Comment by Mich – November 28, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Russ – November 28, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :( I know. I’m still mourning this show. That damn long winter hiatus killed it. I keep waiting for them to release the series on dvd.

Comment by mia – November 28, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL.

Comment by Michelle – November 29, 2012 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss that show !! :(

Comment by JO – November 29, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s not even been given a fair shot to find itself an audience and after 6 eps has been unfairly pulled. what a shame. Dissapointed to know it didn’t get a better demographic but what did the CW expect when they put it in a slot where there was tough competition. Although i’m sad for its ending i will be pleased to see marmie gummer return to The Good Wife, and i hope it wont be too long a wait until i see michael rady back on tv again.

Comment by Kєssa.H 'Kєssuki' (@iAmKessa24) – November 28, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ergh. I really like this show. I was hoping for an Emily/Michah relationship. I wish it was being saved. How is Mob Doctor staying on the air when this is going away

Comment by Jessica – November 28, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I really liked this show. When I see some of the stupid shows that are being renewed, I am amazed. Does everything have to be a reality show?

Comment by Reneé – January 14, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still higher ratings than Gossip Girl….

Comment by Lena – November 28, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Gossip Girl will be gone after 3 more episodes.

Comment by JC – November 28, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Lena – November 28, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Michael Ausiello. You are the first TV writer in history to write an article about Mamie Gummer and not mention the name Meryl Streep.

Comment by JC – November 28, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring Ringer back…….

Comment by lolbro – November 28, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s too bad. It’s not a great show but I Dvr it and its ok. I like Mamie. But just watched the latest epi and I thought, wow, they are not even hiding how much they are copying Greys Anatomy. They had two cases that were on GA a couple of seasons ago. It’s like the CW wanted to do Greys for high schoolers. The parallels are there. Didn’t work…

Comment by Ana – November 28, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show gets higher ratings than 90210 and they cancel it? why aren’t they giving it a chance? I don’t even watch it but it just doesn’t make any sense to me? this network needs to give a show a chance seriously

Comment by S – November 28, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? Higher quality shows garnering higher ratings than 90210 get cancelled left and right and yet that drivel just keeps on getting? How is that possible? I admit I have watched some of it lately after I took a hiatus just for its sheer cheesiness (and because himym is so disappointing now – SNL really needs to spoof those B & R “deeply profound meaningful moment at the end of every episode” things) and when DWTS takes those looong commercial breaks. But seriously, one might have to wonder who is bl*wing more than just smoke over there….

Comment by april-ann – November 28, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily Owens did NOT have higher ratings than 90210. Its season average rating in adults 18-49 was lower than every show on The CW except for Nikita. Facts are fun. You should look into them sometime!

Comment by JC – November 28, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • thank you. idk where people get their information from.

Comment by Elyse – November 29, 2012 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Secret Circle.

Comment by Jo – November 28, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t care how, I just want more Michael Rady in my life

Comment by S – November 28, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • exactly

Comment by Lily – November 28, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!! This was my favorite show. I have been wanting Emily and Micah to get together all season. I was so excited when he finally kissed her. But after tonights show with her and Will getting together at the end, I was so disappointed. I really don’t care that it got cancelled now.

Comment by Vickie – February 5, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I was the only person watching :( I really liked it.

Comment by Kristina – November 28, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How ironic; I was just recommending this show to someone at dinner tonight. Still, not surprised in the least though I will miss Mamie Gummer, Michael Rady and sex-on-a-stick Justin Hartley on my screens every week; all three are fantastic performers who, hopefully, will rebound very soon.

Comment by ChrisGa – November 28, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOO this was just getting good. it was like the early years of greys anatomy but better because emily is so much easier to empathize with, now what will i watch? :( :( :(

Comment by Lily – November 28, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GO TO CHANGE.ORG! And sign the Emily Owens petition to save the show! Then go to ipetitions.com and sign the “Resusitate Emily Owens” petition. I wil help! We have a month to save the show!

I heard we should also start contacting networks. And asking them to pick up the show.

Comment by Margaret – January 4, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow this is surprising…Didnt it just beat Hart of Dixie last week?

Comment by gary – November 28, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Brandy – November 28, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • um it did actually, Hart of dixie lost to emily owens last week.

Comment by kevin – November 28, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ratings in the adults 18-49 demo (that’s the one that pays the bills) for Tuesday, November 20:

Hart of Dixie 0.5
          Emily Owens 0.4

Comment by JC – November 28, 2012 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not even sure why I watched the first episode because the promos for it were horrible, but I ended up loving Emily and her inner dialogues. Too bad the CW couldn’t give it at least an entire season.

Comment by Bre – November 28, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. I never gave the show a chance because of the awful advertising campaign. It made the show look like something I would never want to watch. It sounds like a lot of people enjoyed it, but I bet there were a lot of people like me who never gave it a shot because it just looked so painful…

Comment by Jellymoff – November 28, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! The promos were awful. They posted the pilot on Youtube and I wasn’t planning at all to watch it – just randomly clicked it and found myself enjoying it a lot. 6 episodes later, I’m in love. Sigh, the CW. Sigh.

Comment by Michelle – November 29, 2012 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mamie Gummer is not headlining material unlike her mother Meryl. That being said how many times can you embarrasses the star Emily. Plus the show just wasn’t any good.

Comment by Tru – November 28, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is headlining material. If people would stop comparing her to her mother and judge her on her own merits you may notice she’s one hell of an actress. EO was a very good show, it just needed time for the characters and story lines to develop. TV exec need to get their heads out of their butts and give shows time and a chance before taking them off the air. And for God sake will you people stop listening to critics! They are no one!! They have no better views or opinions of anything on TV than any of us! If they did, DO YOU really think there would be SO much REALITY TV on???? Just keep in mind some critic gave Honey Boo Boo 2 thumbs up…..

Comment by stacy – January 23, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emily Owens MD is much better viewing than “Reality TV”… Survivor and shows like “The Kardasians” suck!

Comment by Cathy – February 11, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post