Nashville's Kimberly Williams-Paisley on Track to Become a Series Regular

Get More: Casting News

Kimberly Williams is preparing to put down permanent stakes in ABC’s Nashville.

The actress — who’s currently guest-starring on the drama — will have the option to become a regular if the show is renewed for a second season, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATEDNashville Preview: Clare Bowen Says Scarlett’s Standing By Her Man… For Now

Williams plays Peggy, a woman from Teddy’s past whose involvement in his shady financial dealings may bring down his mayoral campaign.

The According to Jim alum, who originally signed on to Nashville for a multi-episode arc, lives in the titular city with her husband, country star Brad Paisley.

Comments (18)

• Good!!! I love her!

Comment by Rebecca – November 26, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy too cause now the whole mayor storyline is finally getting interesting

Comment by Nick – November 26, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why? Don’t really care for her character.

Comment by Get It – November 26, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because she’s already semi-famous and she has a famous husband. I’ll assume that’s why.

Comment by Blake – November 26, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She isn’t semi famous, she IS famous. And for those saying she’s only famous because of her husband? WRONG! She was already famous before brad was even famous. He was watching her on the big screen when he was a kid.. Know your facts. Go Kim!!! Xo

Comment by Nikki – November 26, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sadly, I don’t like her storyline. I was hoping it would wrap up soon.

Comment by Ella – November 26, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have to agree. The political aspect of this show is the least interesting to me.

Comment by Stephanie – November 27, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fat chance it gets renewed for a second season. Sorry Kimberly.

Comment by Jon – November 26, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wednesday at 10 is tough rowing…..it might get some slack.

Comment by Shaun – November 26, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Hope that it continues.

Comment by Lisa – November 27, 2012 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone actually want that?

Comment by dude – November 27, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do :) I love Kim and her character and I find her part really interesting. She’s the reason I’m even watching the show :]

Comment by Rahat – November 27, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kim! She’s the reason I’m watching the show. It’s good that she’s gonna be a regular. I wanna know what happens with her and Teddy :]

Comment by Rahat – November 27, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it gets renewed for a second season!!! :)

Comment by Jasmin – November 29, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s ok, but I don’t like her character on Nashville. I enjoy her sister even more though!

Comment by Diz – November 29, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, and Kim’s role on it. I think the fact that there are several major storylines keeps it intersting. I really hope this show gets a second season!

Comment by BJMSTAR – December 4, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember her from Father of the Bride

Comment by kendallmcguire – December 5, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nashville and really hope it comes back for Season 2. I enjoy the music and watching the emerging stories of the characters. Kimberly Williams Paisley is a very good actress. She was great in According to Jim, which Brad Paisley guess starred on and that is when they started dating and she was wonderful in the 2 Father of the Bride movies. I’ve watched a few lifetime movies she has been in as well.
    I also love Rayna’s character. I’m excited to see what happens to her character and if she and her husband split if she and Deacon will end up getting together.

Comment by Kimski – January 9, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post