Merlin to End After Season 5, Spin-Offs Possible

Merlin Cancelled, Will End After Season 5Merlin‘s fifth season will be its last — though its mythical world could live on in other forms.

Per our sister site Deadline, series cocreators Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy say the series will reach a natural climax at the close of Season 5, which is currently airing across the pond on BBC One/will finale at Christmastime and debuts Stateside on Syfy this Jan. 4.

RELATED | Syfy Renews Haven for Season 4

Though Capps and Murphy are subsequently parting ways with production studio Shine TV, the possibility of Merlin spin-offs (that the duo would not be involved in) is being explored.

What sort of spin-off would you craft from Merlin’s rich world?

Tags: , ,

Comments (149)

• Absolutely WORST series finale ever! It was a good show but at least one more season with Arthur knowing of Merlin’s powers and making use of him as an advisor would have been far more preferable.

Comment by sean – February 1, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why did they rush the show, there is still story here, that why i prefer american series they are not afriad to go as far as season 10. what about all that was foretold, Arthur did not fulfill none. Is there any way you can revive the season? or else it is a true failure.

Comment by lucksett – February 6, 2013 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am from nigeria and to be honest am not happy that my favourite film has finished.

Comment by kamalgoma – February 1, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dragon Lords

Comment by HB – February 17, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can they do this to us? For months I had Merlin on my list of things to watch cause I never even hearf of it. But they once I ran out of movies I was familiar with I watched Merlin. And at first I was like hmm ok. Nice but I couldnt stop watching it. I finished all four seasons in under two weeks. Mad as ever that it ended the way it had but then I heard there was a fifth season. OmG are you serious. I called netflix asking when when when. Please font cancel the show. And if you do cancel email me season six script so I can read it. Omg

Comment by Mary – February 18, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only came upon this series a month ago & became an instant fan. Love all the actors, especially Colin…he is a magical actor! I can see him stepping up & into the movies as well as the guy who played Arthur & Morgana.

But I was so not ready for this series to end! I was looking forward to Arthur finding out about Merlins powers & watching them go on quests with Merlin using his powers proudly! And Arthur being able to open his mind of good magic & working with his people who are being terrorized by Morgana’s clan that she would be building up to (her own personal army).

They have so many way’s to go with the storyline. Morgana taking a new route and making herself more appealing…her going to different groups of people secretly & making the people love her & turning them against Arthur. Power is with the people! While the people back her up they support her & steal gold to help build her a castle of her own & she gains prestige while Arthur is busy doing his own quests unaware. Morgana takes on a older wiser witch to help guide her/build her powers & how to be humble with the people as to keep their allegiance. But of course behind the scenes she tortures those who defy her.

Come on, I am but a Nurse at a Hospital….but I can keep this story going. Don’t take them away from us yet. And use more more more magic. You can do this, don’t be so hasty & lazy or we shall send the dragon to get you! lol

Comment by Dawn Fay – February 24, 2013 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Merlin needs to carry on! It deserves a better ending! Why end it when it was getting so good and had over 7million viewers in the UK alone!? Join this campaign: https://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/merlin2return?fref=ts
    It is a very strong campaign who will succeed!

Comment by Amy Pleasance – February 24, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show Merlin and Arthur are the best team and good writing
    keeps it fun! Spin off, Would like to see them in further adventures
    tackling new baddies! Its such a good show its hard to think of a
    spin off, just a continuation really!! William in Reseda c.a.

Comment by william – March 11, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It ain’t fair!! I totally felt for Merlin and i liked Authur.

Comment by Trust E.J – March 13, 2013 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY!!!!!!!!!???

Comment by Trust E.J – March 13, 2013 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Mistake canceling. With all 4 seasons on Hulu Plus the fan following is increasing! Would love to see it continue.

Comment by Amy – March 16, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am realy sad about this,getting to know that merlin finally is a tragedy.oh pls,merlin must not end like this,i wont stop thinking of the Ending. IS THAT HOW IT IS SOPPOSE TO END?p

Comment by Ahmed – May 1, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What an amazing series. Very clean. Adventerous,
    Heartfelt and awesome. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee. Bring it back. Let there be a follow up. Merlin should return and change the story back to what the it should have been. ThAnk you for an amazing story. Please include the legacy and frienship of king arthur and Merlin.

Comment by angel diaz – July 18, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post