Video: Angus T. Jones Calls Two and a Half Men 'Filth,' Urges Fans to Stop Watching

Angus T Jones Two and a Half Men TestimonyTwo and a Half Men appears to have another personnel problem on its hands.

Nearly two years after Charlie Sheen began a very public meltdown that led to his dismissal and almost brought down the CBS comedy, a new video has surfaced in which co-star Angus T. Jones refers to Men as “filth” and pleads with viewers to turn the channel.

PHOTOS | 20 Actors TVLine Readers Want Back on TV Immediately

“If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men,” he says in the following clip, a religious testimonial in support of Forerunner Chronicles. “I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth.

“People say it’s just entertainment,” continues the actor, who reportedly pockets a cool $350,000 an episode. “Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.”

SPOILERS | Scoop on Grey’s Anatomy, NCIS, Glee, Castle, Revenge and More in Ask Ausiello!

No comment yet from Warner Bros., CBS or exec producer Chuck Lorre.

This latest Men controversy comes three months into what could (and now seems very likely to) be the show’s final season.

Press PLAY below to catch the complete (and conveniently cued-up) rant.

1. Abe From says:

If he’s so conflicted, why doesn’t he give all the money back?

2. Bee Hymes says:

J Biebs….. Angus T. Come on folks… The negative people are clearly hiding some unresolved shame. They have meetings for that $hiz. FuQQ the puppets. Why is no one talking about the string pullers? Religion is bullzhit to me. Teens are too retarded for wealth and I’m not even bagging. You FuQQtards need to die or rip your reproductive organs out so your circle of life is STOPPED!!!!

3. Julie says:

Did he just acquire these views on what is and isn’t “filth”? Yes, he’s under contract now so it would be hard to just walk away without getting sued (although if he hates the show this much he should refuse to take the $, just donate it to charity or something (yeah, right lol)), but I would bet at some point during the show’s run his contract was up and he had to re-sign. Why didn’t he just refuse to sign a new contract if he thinks the show’s “filth”?

I’ve only seen a couple of episodes of the show, and I’d say it’s biggest problem is that it isn’t funny, not whether it is or isn’t “filth”.

4. John says:

Please don’t judge before you know the issue.

Angus has been struggling with the show for the past year now, and he really didn’t want to continue because of his religious views. If you watch his testimony, you’ll learn that he’ve spoken with a great number of people for guidance. He didn’t know if he wanted to do the show, a friend said he’d do the show because of the money – and Angus then experienced God talking through that friend. Angus and God knows that he’d do the show another year for a reason.

What the reason is, we’re most likely seeing now. Angus can reach out to a large audience, and his audience contains – I assume – a lot of people who’re affected by the enemy.

Now you tell me (and this is meant in no offence what so ever, believe me) who’ll do more good with the money, Angus Jones, or the company who makes these shows that fills our brains with trash?

Angus is now using his money in a smart way, donating to loads of charities which Warner Bros wouldn’t. He’s trying extremely hard to do the right thing, to walk the right path. Please don’t judge him just because he makes a lot of money.

• Slaggingham says:

Cult brainwashing successful.

• Jack Mc. says:

I’m not judging Angus. Do/Say what you feel you need to. Hypocritical or not. I am judging you John because you are annoying. What is the point of pasting the exact same response every time you don’t agree with what a poster says? Maybe you should make a video talking about how offensive TV Line commenters are to you instead of flooding the comments with this nonsense again and again. Once was enough.

xoxo.

• John says:

I’ve apologized for this earlier, as I never thought a post would get attention from someone else than the one I replied to. Therefore I replied to the posts I felt appropriate. This post alone was a mistake, and I really wish I could delete it. I’d most likely delete all comments but one.

I’m sorry. I really am.

• tripoli says:

Your apology seems pretty hollow since you are continuing to post the same damn comment, over and over. Even after your first apology. How about you just stop altogether? You’ve said your piece and are adding nothing new, so time to move on.

• Caro says:

Who exactly is this enemy, John? And what does it make you and your fellow cult members that you would take advantage of a young person like this and exploit him for money? Do you think God approves of such bullying? And what about Angus? His contract was renewed about a year ago and he happily signed it so these complaints make him a complete hypocrite! This cult is going to bleed Angus dry and then what happens to him? He’ll be broke, Hollywood won’t touch him and the users in the cult will have no more use for him so he’ll be out on the street and probably end up overdosing or something. I think this cult is a disgrace!

• John says:

The enemy is, as far as I’m concerned, the one going against God and the bible. Per definition, I believe that the enemy is the devil.

I’m not very religious myself, so I’m afraid you’ve missed the point here. Or maybe it’s my fault since I’ve posted this same comment numerous times (honestly, I didn’t expect anyone else but the one comment I posted this comment as an answer to, to look at it – I’m sorry).

The contract was renewed in May. Around a year ago (half a year before his contract renewal) Angus was asking friends and family for guidance for him to make his decision if he wanted to do the show for another year or not. One of his friends said he’d do the show simply because of the money. Angus then got a series of questions from this friend about how he’d make that work when he’d recently started to follow the Lord. Angus experienced this as God talking through his friend, and he got the answers he needed to know what he had to do. I know nothing more than this.

And what cult are you talking about? I’m really confused, I’m sorry.

• Vanessa says:

The issue is not him making a lot of money, is him making a lot of money from TAAHM. If he doesn’t want to work there, he can quit and pay whatever is in the contract. But he wants people to stop watching it, so it gets canceled and he doesn’t have to pay anything.
      Yes, the show is really bad, but if he doesn’t want to work there, he should quit or keep quiet and just don’t renew his contract at the end of the season…

• John says:

It’s not like that, Vanessa. If Angus tears the contract apart, there will be legal consequences, and Angus will have to pay back a lot of money. That will lead to him not being able to take care of his family economically, plus he’ll leave his co-workers and friends in misery. In respect of his co-workers that are his friends, he respects the contract.

• Ewing says:

But it’s disrespect to his coworkers to say that the show they are producing is filth. and if people were to listen to him (which they won’t, because he’s a talentless hack of an actor who got lucky) and stopped watching the show, his beloved coworkers will find themselves out of job.

and why not pay the fine money ? A moral person will not be using money they made from feeding people amoral filth.

• John says:

No, I don’t think so. But that’s just my personal opinion. I think it can be disrespecting towards Warner Bros, but they are the enemy’s work.

Yes, if the show has to cancel, they have to find another job, but they’ll have a better relationship than if Angus made the show cancel if he just left. Also, now they’ll get paid out the season, and they’ll have time to find another job. Not everyone on set is rich.

A moral person would also not terminate a contract illegally.

• Vanessa says:

yes, he will have to pay a lot of money, and probably his family won’t be able to live with the same confort that they life now, but i think that it is very unlikely that they will go to any financial dificulty. Besides, I don’t think his coworkers will be in misery, if he breaks the contract, he will have to pay, not the others… they wont lose their jobs imediately, because if they get fired, the network will have to pay (the payments for breaking contracts work both ways), if they get fired by the end of the season, they will easily get new jobs, and , in my opinion, the show will get canceled soon anyway.
          So, I don’t think anyone would be in misery… If Angus is at least a little bit smart, he probably saved some of the money he made through all these years and will be abe to pay the network AND provide for his family for at least a few years…

• Vanessa says:

Also, terminating a contract is not illegal, it just means that it has consequences… If he quits it doesn’t mean that the show will end immediately, probably his character will stop videochating… As I said before, everyone that is not rich will have time to find another jobs, because the network has two options: 1 – keep paying them, or 2 – break the contract with everyone and give everyone a lot of money…

• Romy says:

Take care of his family… Does he have, I don’t know, a wife and kids waiting at home for him? No! He has parents, parents who shouldn’t rely on their kid to pay the bills for them.

• Vanessa says:

yes, in pg 1 of the comments someone said that he didn’t decide to stay in the show because he was a minor and his parents decided for him… some awful parents he must have: gave up every income they had just to rely on the money their son make, also forced him to work on something against his will

• jkgroves75 says:

Please someone save him before he gets too wrapped up in this cult, “donates” all his money, and loses friends and family! John, stop spouting B.S. about him not breaking the contract to spare friends and family, why is he releasing this to the public at this moment, before the contract is up? Explain that. Also, please do not give attention to this Forerunner Chronicles crap, this is the whole reasoning behind this, to bring him attention and money.

5. Hmmm it doesn’t matter to me it will be replaced by HIMYM or Mike and Molly come in fall 2013. And the Forerunner Chronicles is a cult as well

6. Drew says:

If he truly has all of these religious and moral issues with the show, then he should return all of the “sin” money that he made and go preach somewhere…

7. me says:

can you blame him? that poor guy grew up ON that show, with Charlie Sheen.
    I find it unbearable to watch, what’s it like to live int hat world?

8. John says:

It’s such a cash cow I expect paying him as a no-show wouldn’t be an issue, then scour the contract for a clause that bans such attacks on the product and claw back whatever of his compensation is contractually allowed for.

He’s freed of participating in “filth” and the production group gets rid of what I fully expect is an on-set disruptive annoyance at the least. Win-Win. Fair for both parties as his leaving won’t hurt the show and he clearly wants no part of it.

9. s says:

He may have a contract but I doubt they can make him do things that he finds morally objectionable or against his religious views. While Kirk Cameron was “Growing Pains” this kid is only a component of this show, however he can take a note from what Kirk did… He didn’t want to be portrayed as a goof off or interact with a playboy model…so he refused.
    It seems a bit disingenuous to take money, and not try to change how your character is portrayed all the while bashing it elsewhere.
    If he is grown enough to talk about it badly he is grown enough to try to change it…Contract or no contract. act up and they will find a way to break it like they did with Chevy Chase.

10. This post needs some moderation God dammit… It is being spammed by idiotic cultmembers… Moderation please!.

11. Caro says:

This kid is a little young to commit career suicide but I am guessing he joined some kind of cult (probably sponsored by the shady looking guy sitting next to him) and he’s tired of working with that moron Kutcher while being abused by Chuck Lorre. So,let him out of his contract and let’s see how long his new friends still want him around when the money runs out…

As for Men, who still watches? Everyone I know (including me) stopped watching when Sheen left.

12. Winnie Cooper says:

If course he is In that seventh day adventist or however it is spelled. Countless cults have resulted from that religion. Angus Jones is starting to sound more like Jim Jones. Don’t drink the kool aid!!

13. Matt says:

It’s alarming, you never know just how nuts s

14. Pasq says:

He can’t leave the show, his crazy religious cult he’s in won’t allow it, they need the money !

15. ”Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.”

LOL. Not sure about that, but I do know for a fact that filing your head with 99% of the nonsense most religions today fill your head with, makes you a really stupid person.

16. mac says:

After this show is over his career will be dead too, I mean his acting is terrible.
    And now he complains about the show and has no trouble taking the money ? hypocrite much ?

17. Deena says:

If he thinks his show is filth I can’t imagine if he was on 2 Broke Girls :)

• John says:

Oh yeah and given how pitiful the two adult male leads had always been portrayed I saw the show as a morality lesson if anything.

18. Jan says:

Don’t judge him! He has found Jesus Christ and once you have Christ in your life you began see the light on things.

• John says:

And the light glints off those piles and piles of filth generated money. he does demand to get paid in silver doesn’t he?

• venicelion says:

the only light he’s seeing is the shiny silver dollars he’s being given. Or are we supposed to believe that Jesus opened his eyes and let him see that the show is “filth”, but then advised him to stay in the show anyway? if he’s uncomfortable, he should leave. Period. He won’t be neithr the first nor the last to breach a contract.
      Right now, he’s just an immature hypocrite who doesn’t realise there’s thousands of people working harder than he does, doing much worse jobs, and earning in a year less than a half what he’s being paid for, for a single episode.
      Spoiled, stupid brat.

• jkgroves75 says:

You also lose your ability to use proper grammar apparently.

19. J.Q. Public says:

Dear Angus,

Please do not allow your profound life-changing spiritual awakening to interfere with my sub-par low-brow entertainment. Thank you.

-JQP

20. Russ says:

The “enemy”? Does he mean the devil? Satan? Wow. What a whack job. Good thing I never watched that garbage show in the first place.

21. TK says:

Here’s the problem I have. These are his beliefs. I have no problem with him sharing that. I just think the way he has done it is selfish. Good or bad this is the company you have worked for for many years, and everything in your life has brought you to this exact moment, so don’t bad mouth it. And all the people that work on it may not share your views. Like the production assistant who is excited to get their first job, or the grip who knows after this job, they may not get another one. He’s one small piece of big machine, and putting it down puts down the work of EVERYONE involved. IMO you don’t bite the hand that feeds you (or your family or anyone you help with that money), no matter what- you take the high road and respect the work of the set dresser, the costume designer, the editors, etc… And maybe when the show has gone off, you tell the world that the last few months of the experience were difficult and why. I mean this can only make what is for him an unhappy situation worse because now all the people he works with everyday are going to think he is looking down on them and judging them for liking their job. Plus speaking out against the show is most likely a breech of the rules of conduct as a representative of the show.

22. Jake Blues says:

I guess Chuck Lorre will be sending Jake to Afghanistan.

23. shadester says:

can he be sued for doing this?

24. Geo says:

Anyone worried that Jones could be sued for breaking his contract aren’t considering that he could already likely be sued for deliberately attempting to damage his employers. Try the same thing, no matter where you work, and see how much any contract protects you.

Angus T. Jones is obviously taking public steps to sabotage the show, so they’ll be forced to fire him and break his contract. He likely gets a better financial break if he’s fired then if he quits. Lorre should call his bluff. I for one hope Chuck Lorre forces this kid to complete the season and gives him the most foul, twisted, offensive storylines ever seen on tv. Give him stories that would make the most controversial episodes of “Nip/Tuck” seem like “Leave It to Beaver” by comparison. Make Jones break his own contract, if he’s really that principled, or forever be branded a gigantic hypocrite.

25. broncfanwa says:

Nope. I’m not buying any of this. If he’s realized that this is such a terrible, horrible show (it is, by the way) he should take steps to get out of his contract, instead of continuing to take money from the very people he is doing his best to undermine in this video. If he’s proclaiming to the world his faith, his goodness, and his love for humanity (“I want to help you, and i’ll help you by encouraging you not to watch this filth”) he’s contradicting all of this with the unspoken message: “I’m going to screw my employers and make ‘em pay for the privilege.”

That’s certainly not my version of faith of any sort. YOU don’t watch it, but I’LL keep making it? Bleh.

26. Yesterday's Child says:

Hey John, I have no time for some one like you, I am a confidant Christian. I am a good wife, mother, daughter and person, and if God hates me because I watch 2.5 Men, then he has to much time on his hands, and that would be a surprise with the crap that is going on in this World, and John if you are preaching on a TV site, really. This is about a kid that preaches with one hand and takes big bucks with the other.

• Tusk says:

Thank You! There are many Christians/Catholics I respect. They are the ones that show their faith through the way they live their lives and what they do in service of others (Like Jesus did). My philosophy in life, and that covers all religions, is “Actions Not Words” By doing so, people who are searching, will come to you to ask about your religion.
      What really grinds my gears are those “Christians” who are ‘hell bent’ (pun intended), on converting others by quoting the convenient bible verse.
      If Angus wants to show the poser of his god’s love, then show it, do charity, travel to places that need help, get your fingernails dirty. Server your fellow man. Otherwise, it’s just ‘talk’ and noot valid.

• Tusk says:

Dang comment box is messed up
        *** If Angus wants to show the POWER of his god’s love, then show it, do charity, travel to places that need help, get your fingers dirty. SERVE your fellow man. Otherwise, it’s just ‘talk’ and NOT valid

• Gabs says:

Couldn’t have said it better!

27. Me says:

If this kid was truly as self-righteous as he makes himself out to be and truly believes that this is filth and all that… then he wouldn’t take a CENT of the money. HYPOCRITE. This is why I hate religion. What a crock.

28. Kris says:

John he could leave his contract at anytime, he would still be able to take care of his family he would just have to get a REAL JOB like everyone else on these forums. The fact you keep posting the same message over and over makes it seem like you know angus if you do that’s cool, but if you don’t why are you trying to defend someone you don’t know. I know about freedom of speech and all but I am sick and tired of celebrities complaining online about stuff happening to them. I say it’s their problem deal with it by yourself. As for religion I just have to say if his it right, never mind everyone believe what you want. I won’t go there. To Angus get your resume ready Walmart might be hiring in your area.

29. Lilly says:

Poor Chuck Lorre… Can’t catch a break… First it was Charlie Sheen with his tiger blood and winning thing and now this… You need to put an end to Two and a Half Men

30. Jim says:

A crazy Jebus freak says something stupid and hypocritical and we’re supposed to be surprised?

31. A says:

Your beliefs are one thing, but, dude, it is just a sitcom. That can’t and won’t change your ways + you can do both.

32. Caro says:

I think there’s one certainty in all this – Spamming John is a douchebag.

33. Sarahliz says:

Someone was brainwashed

34. Laura says:

So give every dime you have made to charity or else you are a hypocrit. And I don’t mean a stripper named charity.

35. Phil says:

John, no disrespet but you are deluded. At $350,000/episode, last year he made almost $8.5 million. Can’t take care of his family? Who? His mom and dad? I raised my son alon, sent him to private school, etc. with far less $$.

Andhis rant is just as illiterate as his character.

36. Matt says:

Its really sad how people are so ignorant, he made a choice based on his love for God. We should respect that and we should respect his responsibility to his job and friends.

37. Tim says:

I’m reading through all of this and I’m laughing more than I ever did watching the few episodes I’ve seen. Religious and non-religious alike may want to take a step back and realize: this is just a television show. Not to mention, I’m willing to bet not a single person on this comment board have ever met any of the actors, crew or producers, much less have any investment in anything this show has produced, aside from time spent watching it. Whatever his personal views are or whether or not he should keep his job is beside the point. It’s television. In no way, shape or form does anything he has to say have any bearing on your own personal life. That having been said, please continue commenting! This is more entertaining than any episode I’ve ever seen!

38. Brett says:

I really want to punch this kid in the face! $350k an episode and you’re complaining about the content of the show? Don’t give me this contract bs or religion bs this kid is a turd and isn’t the least bit grateful to the gifts “god” has given him. He needs to get a real job and then start complaining. I don’t mind when actors aren’t working for someone and they share their beliefs but when you work for a company you need to respect that company and not bite the hand that feeds you.

39. abby says:

OMG HE IS A WINGNUT!! WOAH!

40. Paula says:

Wow! He has guts! But he is acting hypocritical bc he is still taking money from the show. I think if he doesn’t like it, he should leave. He is a good actor and he’s right… Ashton turned the show into GARBAGE! Bring back Charlie Sheen and I’ll watch again.

41. Faith Without Works Is Dead says:

Hes a Hypocrite at its finest, but he doesnt even realize it. He said in the video pertaining to the “enemy” and the show. “Its all or nothing” so he should rely on his so called faith and quit…

REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION!!!! If he truly believs in God or Jesus or The Lord then he shoukd trust in his lord to pave the way for him. Taking any pay check from the “enemy” is contrary to his religious beliefs… Period. Remember, its all or nothing. God doesnt allow you to sit on the fence, he needs solid conviction, faith and trust in him, not some “dont watch the show, its filth…i dont want to be on it…”

Hes another example of how Organized religion affects the minds of insecure people. I have nothing againstvreligion, but not all religions teach TRUE religious values. I guarantee who ever hes with in an religious organization is Banking on him, they are misleading this poor guy. Yes the show is trash, but its slso just a stupid show that i stopped watching years ago.

Angus says to research on how TV affects the brain…. He should also research ALL RELIGION and see how they affect the brain. There have been countless Evangelists who have gone to jail or have been proved a fraud. The bible calls them sheeps in wolfs clothing. It also says that “not everyone saying Lord Lord will not enter God Kingdom” Im sure Angus’s heart as far as finding religion is genuine, but hefell into a lions den and is being misled. Come in really, a friend said Continue doing the show for money. Thats like saying Shoot your neighbor for money or rob a bank or gas station. WTONG IS WRONG…ITS ALL OR NOTHING. If he thinks the show is going against his religious morals, then according to his or anyones faith, the onlybright thing to do is QUIT IMMEDIATLY. Staying anylinger is just conforming to his “enemy”

I wish the kid luck, but guaranteed, some brainiac with a bible is thumping him and misleading him to take advantage of him to gather other lost souls.

Personally, i think hes working for what he believes to be his enemy and he doesnt even realize it. Poor kid.

Quit the show, do more research on religion, and if your religion is asking or demanding your money, big or small, them your religion is contrary to what the bible is asking you to do. The tything days are over. Dont fall for the oldest trick in the oldest book.

Wise up folks.

42. Slaggingham says:

God doesn’t give a crap about a stupid television show, or which football team wins the Superbowl, or even who wins a war. If He did, it’s not like He doesn’t have the ability to get involved directly. He USED to do it all the TIME, if you believe the stories. He let the Israelites carry Him around in a box to frag their enemies. He wiped out the firstborn of Egypt. DEFINITIVE stuff, not a random storm or earthquake that kills the just and the unjust alike. When watching 2 1/2 Men starts making people’s FACES MELT OFF, I’ll believe God cares. Till then, it’s all a load of rat poo.

Deism, FTW.

43. shadester says:

geez at least he has the guts to speak up even tho he is still on show. Its not about money he wants out.

• Vanessa says:

If it was not about the money, then he would just quit. Instead he is just saying “I don’t want to be on this show”, but not really leaving. So you have to admit, either he doesn’t really mean it or it is a little bit about the money…

44. Steverman says:

The cult will walk away from him after they drain his Two and a Half Men earnings. Angus is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

45. manuel says:

Have you thought about maybe after signing his soul away he finally opend his eyes and finally wanted to do something about.. and how plain can he be… He made his point.. brave kid came out on point.. and you think chuck lorre likes what he says.. everyone wake up dwn with the nwo

46. GC says:

Wow. Someone wants to do good by awakening from a stupor and all you ignorant haters want to do is criticize him and call him names. Are all of you people still in high school. Wake up from doing the same-old thing your doing and being the same-old person your being and aknowledge who created you. You did not create yourself and your parents did not create themselves.

Angus is on a path of coming to know the truth about life and this world. Give him some room and congratulate him. His path might be messy but it’s his path. Lay off.

• Vanessa says:

I think it’s great that he can see now that the show is really bad, and that he found his god and is happy about it. The thing is: is easy to say and not do anything, I would admire if he really left the show, instead of just saying he wants out…

• GoGiants says:

His “path” should include doing what is difficult (giving up the money and facing the consequences of breaking the contract) rather than just mouthing off. Seems the money and fame that come with the role are more meaningful to him than his professed “beliefs.”

• Ewing says:

His “path” is taking tons money for non-acting and then biting the hand that feeds him. He has no courage and no character.

47. Austin says:

Charile Sheen wannabe! Just because Charlie Sheen could get away with it, doesn’t mean that anyone can. What a douchebag!

48. Vanessa G says:

This really makes me sad. I have always respected him for being well-spoken, intelligent, and well-grounded in a business that often makes a mess of child actors. Yet, here he is, ripping apart the show that made him a millionaire. He re-negotiated his contract 2 years ago to 350K a paycheck. If he is that offended by the show he is on, he should break his contract and pay the consequences. If he isn’t willing to do that, shut up until you have finished out your current contract. To bad-mouth the show, while still collecting a huge paycheck is the very height of hypocrisy. Shame on you Angus.