For Jake's Sake: 13 Actors We'd Like to See Replace Two and a Half Men's Angus T. Jones

If Angus T. Jones really wants out of Two and a Half Men, we can think of a few young actors who probably wouldn’t mind getting “filth”-y.

In case you’re not up to date on the latest Men controversy: A religious testimonial video that surfaced Monday shows the CBS sitcom’s youngest star imploring viewers to “please stop watching” his hit series because it’s “filling your head with filth.”

RELATED | 20 Actors TVLine Readers Want Back on TV Immediately

While it’s probably unlikely Jones will be fired for his incendiary comments, we nonetheless put together a (semi-serious) gallery of potential replacements. But we’re sure you’ve got suggestions of your own, so click through the pics and then hit the comments with your ideas for who should fill Jake’s Army boots!

1. Rob says:

LOL Leo from Smash.

• chevonne says:

To Mister T.Jones I for one think its a brilliant idea to recast an actor who is not able to do the work requierd I think any young actor can fill his job and preform more acurate , You have my full support Chevonne VanSchalkwyk . South-Africa

2. Auds says:

I actually think what he said was immensely brave! That show is crap & it needs to go away!

• Barbara Darlin says:

So true!

• Cameron says:

While I agree its a terrible show, how stupid it is to bite the hand that feeds you? I think I read he makes $350,000 an episode. It seems rather dumb to alienate the viewers, producers, and network execs all in one fell swoop. It just makes him sound like a jerk in my opinion.

• Ashley says:

It really does, I mean i don;t really care that much for the show, but there are a lot of people that do. It is what sells, and if he does not like it, then he does not have to be a part of it. All he has to do is leave, but I have a feeling that he won’t give up that $300,000 an episode so easily. At least can respect Sheen’s reason for wanting to leave, no matter how crazy they were. At least he’s honest and not a hypocrite.

• Ur mom says:

I heard he became religious recently, it might take awhile for him to quit the show unless he’s under contract. I think he should at least donate the money he earned.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

From what I have heard, he does donate a lot of his earnings to charity, but I don’t really have a reliable source to back that up, so who knows.

• Melanie says:

His special “church” is probably getting a chunk of his earnings and no doubt telling him not to quit, he can use that “filthy” money to build up the “church” and beat the devil.

• untroll says:

There’s religious and then there’s crackpot. No really, there are studies…

• Samantha says:

You don’t know his circumstances and what his contract is and what he actually does with his money. Maybe this is his way of trying to get out of his contract without being fined. At least he knows it’s crap and isn’t trying to pretend and get a bunch of awards like some other idiot on the show…

• Jack says:

don’t most actors have clauses in their contract requiring them to promote a show that they are on? Maybe going around badmouthing the show and telling people not to watch could actually get him fined.

• GoGiants says:

Every contract has an escape clause. Instead of bad-mouthing the show, why not take the consequences and walk away, if he hates it so? The worst that can happen is a loss of money. Seems Angus values money over his “religion.”

• Joe says:

Yea I like to know where his high moral standards were when he was the highest paid teenager on TV. What a hypocrite. It wasn’t filth when he was raking in the bucks. Is he going to return all his “filth” money. Here comes another holier than thou Kirk Cameron.

• Melanie says:

He can say whatever he wants, I take exception with him telling him what to watch and not watch. Thanks kid, but you don’t influence me.

• Brave my butt, He did not seem to have any problems with the show 6 months ago when he re-upped his contract

• Jimmy says:

Be that as it may, if he wants to leave then leave. There’s no reason to bash the TV show that made you a load of money because 10 years later you decide it’s crap. Completely unprofessional.

• GoGiants says:

So it is “brave” to look down on one’s own viewers? By calling the show “filth” he is damning the viewers of that show.

Brave would be taking the consequences and walking away. It isn’t “brave” to run one’s mouth.

3. brian nussbaum says:

Cole/Dylan sprouse, Mitchel Musso

• elr says:

I agree. They have shown they would be able to handle the comedy aspect and besides Oscar the Grouch (perfect casting by the way) they are the only ones I truely recognize.

4. Suzanne M. says:

Lucas Grabeel is currently on ABCFAM’s Switched at Birth…

5. Eric says:

Am I the only one who thinks that Kevin G. Schmidt looks a bit like Angus T. Jones? Like, more than a bit even?

6. Adam says:

I love how the list goes from Young Ben Linus all the way down to the very bottom among Leo from Smash and Oscar the Grouch.

7. disappointed says:

Were you guys really this desperate for content today? Ya’ll better than this.
    I’m not defending Jones, but really, who cares? Wasn’t his character written off into the army? Problem solved.

8. Jaime says:

Cole Sprouse is a peasant. Just ask anyone who’s on Tumblr.

9. Sam S. says:

I’m sorry, but I just cannot picture anyone else playing Jake. Angus T. Jones is the face of Jake. They didn’t replace Charlie, so this should be the same case. Just have him fade off into the military and then end the show. There are to many main characters disappearing from the show now.

10. Barbara Darlin says:

There aren’t many episodes left to bother with recasting. (And he’s right, the show is all about farts, sex and cheap/leach Alan looking for the next free thing.)

11. ali says:

i could totally watch cole/dylan sprouse, mitchell musso, kevin shmidt on that show…but i give props to angus for being honest about how he feels, when his contract is up maybe he’ll go his own way…although i don’t know if i really see them replacing him, he could just as easily be sent away in the army never to return…

12. LOVETHEKIDS says:

Whoa. Some hot kids.

13. English says:

Cole/Dylan, Kevin or Sterling… the other kids don’t look much like Angus and I don’t think they would be able pulling off an already established character.

14. Alyssa says:

In the looks aspect, I think Spencer Breslin would be the closest.

15. RobMF says:

This kid is given the golden opportunity to get all up on Miley Cyrus and he complains about it? A Cardboard box would probably do a better job than him on the show anyway.

16. Mike says:

Not that I think the show is any good, but I do think it is wrong to insult your employer, I mean if he really hated his job he would quit, but I bet he loves his 300 grand per episode.

17. Stacey says:

They should do a soapy thing. Have Jake get blown up in battle, and have him have plastic surgery on his face and bring in someone new if they intend to keep the trash show going. And they would get someone cheaper than the 300 to 350K a episode this guy has made…

18. webuiltthepyramids says:

once upon a time, 2.5 men was ACTUALLY funny, believe it or not. now, meh. although i agree that angus could’ve handled his unrest in a professional manner, i don’t need to be reborn by god to see what a crapiolafest his show truly is. so, why even replace jake? shut down that unfunny sewer of chuck lorre all together. then, if its once-intelligent dialogues and FUNNY science-y humor don’t make a comeback, do the same with big bang theory, which is now dangerously dipping its comedic toe in the same dumbed down humor sewer as 2.5 men. ah lorre, why you dig your own grave by ruining your own shows is beyond me.

19. Sally says:

Leo from SMASH? LMAO.

20. Britta Unfiltered says:

That grown-up picture of the little kid from Jerry Maguire makes me feel old. I’m old. [Sigh].

21. Marketing Sociologist says:

Like the Lucas Grabeel idea. You left out Zac Efron. Most likely candidate, Miley Cyrus. Why the hell do you think she cut her hair? For the show. She saw it coming.

22. Midori004 says:

Kevin G. Schmidt looks like him, so that would work.

If they didn’t kill off Sheen’s character the show could go on without this kid. Now, not a chance.

• ragincajun says:

Actually, I think that is the perfect thing for the show to do, not only because of the Angus issue but because it will help the show complete its transition for the long haul. Have Jake deployed overseas, and then, have Alan find out that one of Charlie’s exes just died and her 10-11 year old kid would be placed in the foster system if Alan doesn’t become his guardian.

23. I think the greatest sin of certain devout people (the jerks) is their ability to be tactlessly judgmental. It’s the most divisive kind of behavior to come from religious people that accomplishes nothing but inspiring hate and anger. When phone sex addict Rush Limbaugh calls women who use birth control sluts, when Ann Coulter calls for holidays where you disown your gay children, when the psychotic right say things just to inspire anger, I feel baited and I get sucked into conversations where I want to point out contradictions, violence, brutality, the subjugation of women and other terrible things the Bible is full of and how people cherry-pick rosy passages that amount to empty platitudes while ignoring the horrific imagery and messages of many others. But there should be more cherry-picking. There should be more people who take only the positive out of their religion in order to be charitable, merciful, forgiving, understanding and loving. I’m so tired of these people who have nothing to say but words of damning condemnation. As if they’re perfect.

24. Karen says:

I don’t know who any of these kids are.

25. dude says:

Oscar the Grouch gets my vote. Then I’d actually watch.

26. TV Gord says:

I can’t believe Chuy Bravo from Chelsea Lately is in the running! He could keep his “dad”, Alan, in his place…PLUS, he could nail Berta!

27. M3rc Nate says:

Yikes…Justin Bieber baby look a likes, so over the lesbian boy look. So glad i never watched that show and never will. Its garbage and Charlie Sheen has always been gross to me.

28. luli says:

OMGGG!! Spencer Breslin is another person, i can’t believe how much he has change since i last saw him in a disney movie!

29. Mindy says:

Sterling Beaumont is too good for that show. But, you are right, he needs to be a regular on a television show ASAP.

30. Elliana says:

Mitchell Musso, he already got his scandal out of the way when he was working for Disney.

31. Whatever says:

If he doesn’t like the show then LET HIM LEAVE !
    Who cares.
    However I do find it somewhat odd that he didn’t have any “moral” objections to the show a few months ago when he was renegotiating his contract for a $350,000 per episode payday.
    Moving on…

32. Jack Wahl says:

It’s time for Jake’s deployment to Afghanistan… oh the war is lost now.

33. Bill says:

Congratulations Angus, for making yourself unemployable, I hope that you have saved your money well, your probably going to need it.

I am sure that there are many other struggling actors out there who would be equally unhappy earning $4m per year.

34. Connie Hahn says:

We hv Two and1/2 men running here in the NW during the day and dinner hours. If I had children under 18 the show would not be on in this house. I was shocked they put it on before 9:00, way to adult for the earlier hours. Jake has always been my favorite character. The other night when they did clips of Jake’s life from the very beginning it brought tears to my eyes. He has always been a major segment to the show. Watching him grow up before our eyes has truly been fun.

35. Mike H. says:

I’m really a fan of Shawn Pyfrom and as much as I want him back on my TV … he’s not a “half man” anymore.

36. Mark says:

Just watched all of the ‘testimony’……bet it’s not going to be a ‘super awesome’ day when your £4m contract is put through the shredder.

37. Bill says:

I’d rather watch Two and a Half Men than this religious filth.

38. Damy says:

JESUS IS COMING SOON!!!

39. Kelly says:

Spencer Breslin. And honestly Angus is replaceable and if he really wanted off he didn’t have to renew. If they survived the lose of Charlie Sheen they can the lose of Angus who makes big bucks for being the least interesting character.

40. cas says:

Sorry but replacing him at this point in the game would be stupid. I mean how many years has the show been on? Also Leo from Smash, ugh. I hope he goes away soon. He cannot act.

41. So, with his brother dead and his son likely to leave, what is Alan still doing on the show? Poor actor is going to lose his job due to the stupidity of his two costars. His character would no longer make sense on the show.

42. kevin says:

Ah..”.incendiary comments…..”

Hmmmm..So Sheen call the writer/creator all kinds of vile stuff, gets away with it…

But The Kid says he wants off the show because of his faith and its “incendiary”

I promise . you guys wouldn’t have the balls to do that if he said he was muslim.

Hollywood is full of cowards and hypocrites

43. MadMax says:

Please make it Shawn (is that how you spell his name?). Very hot and much better acting chops..

44. Rich says:

I say leave Jake in the Army and have Cryer just make a joke or two about him every now and then. Bring in a new “half man” as Walden’s very young son (think Jonathan Lipnicki in Jerry Maguire) that he didn’t know he had left on his doorstep by an old girlfriend. And, let Cutcher and Cryer raise him.

45. ncmacasl says:

Perhaps they should just Jump the Shark and replace him with a new young actor. Perhaps a son Walden had fathered in the past. Jon Cryer can then give parenting “advice”.

46. lyssa says:

please NICK JONAS!!! PLEASE!! he did it great in Smash and Last man standing, plus he would be great with MILEY CYRUS

47. mac says:

None of them, they should cast a new 6 year old kid =)

48. asy says:

I think Nick Jonas would be perfect for a show like that.

49. Gerald says:

Wow Kevin Schmidt actually looks a lot like August. Wouldn’t have to do a big explaination why he looks different.
    But I agree they should totally kill the show. It is done. I am not a fan, but it really is not good quality televsion.
    I get what August is saying. If the christian people that are watching that podcast are watching two and a half men, I would be shocked. But if they are watching then those are the ones he is telling to stop watching. That makes sense.

50. Steph says:

Shawn Pyfrom is a good pick.