20 Actors You Want Back on TV Immediately

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery, Pilots

Yesterday, we brought you a list of 20 underrated actresses that tastemaking TVLine readers would like to see rewarded with juicy roles in fall 2013 pilots. Today, we’re revealing their male counterparts.

Your picks include a Lost hottie, a Pushing Daisies standout, and stars of dearly departed shows from every genre imaginable.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Grey’s, Army Wives, Glee, Revenge, Shameless and More!

For the uninitiated, TVLine kicked off the “TV stars we miss” project with a list of our own 25 favorites; your hundreds of responses gave us enough material for not one, but two spinoff galleries.

PHOTOS | 20 Actresses You Want Back on TV Right Now

So click through the photo gallery of underappreciated thespians below, then hit the comments with any names your fellow readers might’ve forgotten.

Tags:

Comments (429)

• I never watched Smallville, but I still say Michael Rosenbaum. I’ve loved him since “Suzy, Tommy, Dick and Jane” or whatever it was called. Also, Dominic Monaghan, so so so much. I’m pretty sure I will never stop missing Charlie, and he was so great in “Flashforward.”

Comment by DriveShaft – November 26, 2012 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure I agree with this list. But I will give you James Marsters. But Michael Vartan’s should have said Hawthorne

Comment by Kawaki Braun – November 26, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who I want back on TV?

Julian McMahon!

Comment by McJulda (@_Julda_) – November 27, 2012 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ME TOO!!!

Comment by Amy Thompson – January 29, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling, Tahmoh Penikett, James Masters, and Adam Brody in a new cool Firefly like sci fi series, YES PLEASE. :)
    (I will play the funny pilot)

Comment by Erik Frederiksen – November 27, 2012 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kiefer Sutherland & not in Touch!

Comment by Christa – November 27, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando, Sully on Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and John Blackwell on The Secret Circle

Comment by Lynnette – November 27, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely agree with Zachary Levi (can’t wait to see him in Thor 2), Tom Welling (let’s cast him on OUAT as Prince Eric), Scott Patterson (love to see him on Bunheads), Michael Vartan (more than his role on Hawthorne), Jamie Dornan (let’s just bring him back to OUAT, I don’t care how), Tahmoh Penikett (let’s put him on the SHIELD show), Enver Gjokaj (again SHIELD, loved his cop cameo in The Avengers), Brendan Fehr (my favorite part of Rowsell), and Adam Brody (missing his snarky language and wittyness).

Comment by Liz – November 27, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zack Braff or Neil Flynn would be nice to see since Scrubs ended

Comment by mave – November 27, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Neil Flynn is on The Middle.

Comment by Mary – November 30, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold is #1 on my list. Hope to see him back on my TV soon.

Comment by verybookish – November 27, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold

Comment by DELI – November 27, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chad Michael Murray and James Lafferty- The Scott Brothers

Comment by ahol3 – November 27, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wasn’t there an announcement recently that CMM was joining Southland?

Comment by Mary – November 30, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the longest time I have tried to understand Joe Lando. He is such a great actor, but he sometimes forgets all the fans that follow him. Joe make your fans happy and keep auditioning. Hopefully, you will be hired.

Comment by Nancy – November 28, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A big “YES” for Tom Welling and David Tennant. They are sorely missed by millions!

Comment by mgb – November 28, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YES! YES! PLEASE!!! I want GALE HAROLD baaacckkk…..>___<

Comment by CookieCrumbs (@zoneinarmei) – November 28, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to any and all performances by Julian McMahon. I was very disappointed that Rogue was not picked up last season.

Comment by JBN – November 29, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Julian McMahon pls!!!!!!

Comment by Lety – November 29, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to see Julian McMahon again!!! :-)

Comment by Kate – November 29, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The most beautiful man God ever created….Gale Harold, He is also a great actor too. I love him as Brian Kinney,but also in everything else hes ever been in ~ Yvonne xx

Comment by Yvonne Reid – November 30, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely, without a doubt, Tom Welling. Why doesn’t that man go back to work and put me out of my misery!!?

Comment by Jan – November 30, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold !!! I miss him so much! Please, Please, Bring him back to the screen as soon as possible!! So love him.

Comment by Lizzy – November 30, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold!!!!!!!!

Comment by Oksana – December 1, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Joe Lando, please. Great actor and very easy on the eyes.

Comment by Mary – December 1, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Mary. Even after all the years since DQMW went off, Joe Lando is a mighty fine actor and very handsome man. After the show got cancelled he did a wonderful show called Higher Ground which helped actors A.J. Cook, Hayden Christenson, Jewel Staite, and Megan Ory get a good start in the business. Then he guested on other shows. His talent was being wasted. Along comes TSC and he becomes the reason the show did so well the last half playing John Blackwell. Now that the show got cancelled, I miss him all over again. I really hope Joe Lando is able to grace my television screen as a regular on a series very soon.

Comment by Penni Fields – December 1, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the list and agree with many of the choices but I would like to Michael Rosenbaum added to the list Many of his smallville alumi afre already there Tom Welling, James Marsters etc I think he was the best Lex Luthor of our time and I appreciate him in a more dramatic role

Comment by Pam – December 2, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold!!!

Comment by jt – December 3, 2012 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold! He is very interesting and talented actor and I would like to see him on the screen as much as possible.

Comment by Olga – December 3, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando, definitely has got to come back to TV and the big screen, too. He could do silent films and we would still know exactly how his characters are feeling by teh facial expressions he uses so well. He has to come back with Jane Seymour … the chemistry they share makes the characters they do together (Sully and Michaela, Jack and Prudence) truly believable.

Comment by Martha – December 4, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with what Martha said ahead. Joe Lando can really, really act and make us believe in his characters. Please bring him back. cvn

Comment by Catherine Visot-Nolder – December 4, 2012 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Martha what other actor can use his face and eyes to portray the whole gambit of human emotions without adding words. Joe Lando has this amazing talent that I have never seen other actors achieve or even come close too.

Comment by Clare Quinn – December 19, 2012 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold is my number 1 hope for a new show. I also miss TR Knight, Zachary Levi and David Tennant (although living in London I will hopefully get to see him on the stage).

I’d add Goran Visnjic and Sean Hayes to the list (or is Sean Hayes still in Happy Endings? We don’t get that in the UK).

But Gale Harold, Gale Harold, Gale Harold!!!!!

Comment by Ally Dodd – December 5, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Josh Holloway again.

Comment by fay – December 6, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Patterson!

Comment by Debra Gene – December 8, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Milo Ventimiglia!

Comment by gdgrouch27 – December 10, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hugh laurie <3

Comment by ellen – December 10, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hugh Laurie He is truly fantastic.

Comment by fran – December 10, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one on this list…Gary Sinise if CSI NY isn’t renewed for a season 10!

Comment by Tracy Hazenstab (@tlh45) – December 10, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold is the best!!!

Comment by Almaznaya_Donna – December 11, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss hugh laurie

Comment by ti – December 11, 2012 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Isaacs need to be back with a juicy, sexy TV series. ASAP

Comment by Char – December 11, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold is the best!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Rowene – December 12, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 100% WITH ALLLL OF THESE!

Comment by Tedi – December 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold and the guy from Dollhouse! =D Love em!!!!!

Comment by Tedi – December 16, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHO wants these back immediately. NOT me and not the majority of people commenting here. there are way more people that I would Love to see than this list..

Comment by holly – December 18, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jon Bernthal by a LANDSLIDE! He was fantastic as Shane Walsh, I’d love to see him as the protagonist in a series soon!

Comment by bighairbf – December 20, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando absolutely! Can’t understand why he does not show up on your original list. He is one of the very best actors with an energy far more appealing than most.

Comment by Catherine Visot-Nolder – December 23, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold is the only one on this list that I am dying to see on TV again. I really really need him to get another show. He is fantastic.

Comment by Emma – December 24, 2012 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCOTT PATTERSON!!!!!

Comment by THOMASINA – January 29, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see Scott Pattison in a series I loved him in Gilmore Girls

Comment by Dottie – January 29, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hugh Laurie

Comment by Yvette – January 29, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are only actors listed? I am more interested in actresses on TV than actors. I know there are a lot of great actresses that should be back on TV, too. How sexist.

Comment by Jeremy – January 29, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Hugh Laurie back in a comedy. He is so FUNNY!!!!

Comment by Kristina McDaniel – January 29, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JULIAN MCMAHON!!!