20 Actors You Want Back on TV Immediately

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery, Pilots

Yesterday, we brought you a list of 20 underrated actresses that tastemaking TVLine readers would like to see rewarded with juicy roles in fall 2013 pilots. Today, we’re revealing their male counterparts.

Your picks include a Lost hottie, a Pushing Daisies standout, and stars of dearly departed shows from every genre imaginable.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Grey’s, Army Wives, Glee, Revenge, Shameless and More!

For the uninitiated, TVLine kicked off the “TV stars we miss” project with a list of our own 25 favorites; your hundreds of responses gave us enough material for not one, but two spinoff galleries.

PHOTOS | 20 Actresses You Want Back on TV Right Now

So click through the photo gallery of underappreciated thespians below, then hit the comments with any names your fellow readers might’ve forgotten.

Tags:

Comments (429)

• YES!!! Yes to all of these! Enver Gjokaj <3

Comment by Mr. M – November 26, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so agree with Michael Vartan, Tahmoh Penikett and Enver Gjokaj.

Comment by Renee – November 26, 2012 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Tennant is in The Spies of Warsaw on BBC America.

Comment by CourtTV – November 26, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GALE HAROLD I NEED YOU ON MY TV… I MISS HIM AND HIS SUNSHINE..

Comment by love tv – November 26, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando is one of the most talented actor in the world. Is really unfair leaving him out of this list. I want to see him again!

Comment by Adriana – November 26, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally agree with Michael Vartan and Julian McMahon!

Comment by Joyce – November 26, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Gale Harold!!!

Comment by N.Richards – November 26, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My choice in the list order are Zachary Levi, Wenthorth Miller, Tom Welling, Naveen Andrews, James Marsters, Brendan Fehr and Adam Brody. I miss all of them.

Comment by Sylvie – November 26, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando is the only actor that I would like to see again on TV.
    His performance of John Blackwell was fantastic. He can play any role, why does he work so little?

Comment by Penelope – November 26, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling it seems everyone from that show already have shows already or are working except him.

Comment by SVCloiser – November 26, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling come back..!!!:)

Comment by Marisol Marrapodi Fernandez – November 26, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando Where is he? So many people I know are asking me and although I know he has been in a few roles over the last two years he needs some really gripping leading roles. Joe Lando is a versatile and consummate actor with a wealth of experience and has never been given the breaks to be the name in lights that he should be. He has great presence, charm and oozes sensuality but at the same time makes a fantastic action hero or shocks you as the villain. Give Joe a break – soon!.

Comment by Enid Murray-Shirreff – November 26, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so articulate in your appraisal of Joe Lando’s talent. I totally and heartily concur to everything you said about him, Let’s have him back!

Comment by Catherine Visot-Nolder – November 26, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From this list Naveen Andrews, but Where are Josh Holloway, Matthew Fox, and David Conrad???? I also want Terri O’Quinn to find a show that doesn’t get cancelled.

Comment by Julia – November 26, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Marsters
    Julian McMahon
    Jason Dohring
    Barry Watson (7th Heaven)

Comment by Spikenalabama – November 26, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Barry Watson is on Gossip girl

Comment by Kate – November 26, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t realize that, thanks! I don’t watch Gossip Girl. But that’s ending this season isn’t it? He needs to get something else after that!!

Comment by Spikenalabama – November 26, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Tennant is the best actor -more David !!

Comment by Szilvia Deri – November 26, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Levi alot!! But I am English so I miss David Tennant… and the idea of them working together would be pretty amazing!! I guess I miss a little Spikey too!! =)

Comment by Mima x – November 26, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe it but I agree with EVERY ONE! Except Battlestar Gallactica…didn’t see it.

Comment by Epicurious Erin – November 26, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando is my only choice to have back on TV. I am a new fan and want to see him on TV as much as possible. He is totally handsome and he can act. I have read all the postings from fans up to this point and I agree with all of them. I love him as “Sully” and whenever he is on TV (which is not enough) I watch him whether I have see the movie or not. I have seen Layover 3 times and it is on again. I have A.I. Assault on DVD but have seen it twice and it is on again this week and I will watch is again. He is wonderful. I would like to see refuns of his series Higher Ground and The Secret Circle as I haven’t seen them. Have seen all of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman twice and have purchased the complete series. We need to have more of Joe Lando immediately. I just found out about this question from TVline and hope I am not too late.
    Kay

Comment by Kay – November 26, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold

Comment by szalo@tut.by – November 26, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold

Comment by Shushura – November 26, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most of these I don’t mind that they’re off screen. But there are a few that I personally miss that aren’t on this list: Thomas Dekker, Jesse Spencer, Callum Blue. There are probably others that I can’t think of right this moment.

Comment by Silvia – November 26, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jesse Spencer is currently on Chicago Fire. Agree with Callum Blue thoough!

Comment by Spikenalabama – November 26, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I shall have to check that one out then

Comment by Silvia – November 26, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely YES for David Tennant. I would love to see him on TV again. I’d also happily have more of Tahmoh Penikett, and James Marsters. Also, what about John Barrowman?

Comment by Cora – November 26, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly?
    Is this a list of folk you think are talented, or folk you think are hot?
    The majority of those are one trick pony actors (Penikett, the other Dollhouse guy) who should just go away.
    I was gutted when Penikett turned up in Castle last series.
    Naveen Andrews has been appearing in the Sky Sinbad series, no idea if it’s still on the go (it was awful).
    I do wonder what Welling is up to though, saying that outside of Smallville I’ve only ever seen him in The Fog remake & everything about it was awful.
    Wasn’t there word he wanted to work behind the camera?
    Tennant is a legend, but not sure if he’ll ever turn up on US TV, which is a shame – he deserves another big show.

Comment by Brian (@TheFifthDoctor) – November 26, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We haven’t seen Michael T. Weiss on TV in ages!!!! Other than a Guest Spots on Blue Bloods and Burn Notice a bit ago.

Comment by Celeste – November 26, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree about Wentworth Miller ( I miss his hotness on tv), Scott Patterson, Adam Brody (nothing will beat Seth Cohen though), Julian McMahon, James Masters and my fellow hometown boy Brendan Fehr.

Comment by sarah – November 26, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would be great to see Wentworth Miller for sure. l loved him in Prison Break. I would add Michael Vartan and Joe Lando to this list of actors I miss seeing in a series.

Comment by Penni Fields – November 27, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Lee Tergesen? I love OZ alumni such as Dean Winters (who we saw in every procedural there is) and Eamonn Walker but why has Tergesen vanished from TV??? Beecher was awesome…

Comment by purgaddict – November 26, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold, of course!!! He´s a wonderful actor, he´s handsome and I would love to see him on my TV again in a show that doesn´t getcancelled

Comment by Mary Ann – November 26, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Flanigan, Stargate Atlantis.

Comment by PopCulture Girl – November 26, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This list needs The Middleman’s Matt Keeslar. Seriously, his IMDB page just stops in 2010. I’m going into Sexy Bossman withdrawal.

Comment by Ace – November 26, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zach Levi!!! and Adam Brody

Comment by irlna2006@yahoo.com – November 26, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes pls bring Zachary Levi, Adam Brody and Jamie Dornan back to my screen

Comment by onlyakb – November 26, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll take Michael, Hugh, Jamie, James, and Julian. Preferrably all in a show together.

Comment by cas – November 26, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Tahmoh Penikett please!!!

Comment by Athena – November 26, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam Brody! but Josh Holloway and Jason Dohring should be on this list! :)

Comment by ice – November 26, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jason Dohring was on the first list that inspired this spin-off. Click on the link for the 25 tv stars we miss the most and you will see his name.

Comment by Mary – November 30, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does Scott Patterson get a guest spot on Parenthood?

Comment by Luis – November 26, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hugh laurie, gale harold, T.R. Knight and Adam brody o and an actress who i like to see again very much is Shannen Doherty and Rose Mcgowan

Comment by kristhian – November 26, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Richard Dean Anderson on TV again on a regular basis. And although he has only been gone a short while, I so miss Hugh Laurie. Really hope his new show happens.

Comment by Ollive – November 26, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Gale! I couldn’t agree more. Such a good actor. He deserves more success and respect. I wish we could see him on the big screen one of these days. or at least back on tv with a prominent role.
    Queer as folk was a show of rare beauty and truthfulness. I miss it deeply.

Comment by Maria Chiara – November 26, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn, you guys got BOTH my guys. Wentworth Miller AND Tahmoh Penikett.

Good list, guys. Good.List.

Comment by Maricela G (@maricelag21) – November 26, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lord how I miss Adam Brody and his adorable dorkiness…And who can forget Lee Pace? I still miss both him and Pushing Daisies.

Comment by Sarah – November 26, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That guy from Boston Common.

Comment by BOOYA – November 26, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam Brodyyyyy

Comment by Alli – November 26, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loe Lando!!!

Comment by Larisa – November 26, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando!))

Comment by Larisa – November 26, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need more Joe Lando! Esp, in a family-friendly series, maybe a romantic comedy?

Comment by Lisa B Cornwell – November 26, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Lando is the ultimate actor. He continues to grow in experience. His portrayal as John Blackwell was was so good. He helped pull the show together. I would like to see him back on TV. He has so many fans that truly are devoted to him. You can find web pages devoted to him not just his Official Web Page.

Comment by Nancy – November 26, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are actors I miss, but not for the shows listed with their name:
    Scott Patterson – Julian McMahon – Chi McBride – Brendan Fehr

Comment by Vivienne – November 26, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Wellling needs to come back to TV now!

Comment by Lori – November 26, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post