20 Actors You Want Back on TV Immediately

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery, Pilots

Yesterday, we brought you a list of 20 underrated actresses that tastemaking TVLine readers would like to see rewarded with juicy roles in fall 2013 pilots. Today, we’re revealing their male counterparts.

Your picks include a Lost hottie, a Pushing Daisies standout, and stars of dearly departed shows from every genre imaginable.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Grey’s, Army Wives, Glee, Revenge, Shameless and More!

For the uninitiated, TVLine kicked off the “TV stars we miss” project with a list of our own 25 favorites; your hundreds of responses gave us enough material for not one, but two spinoff galleries.

PHOTOS | 20 Actresses You Want Back on TV Right Now

So click through the photo gallery of underappreciated thespians below, then hit the comments with any names your fellow readers might’ve forgotten.

Tags:

Comments (429)

• Gale Harold

Comment by nloit – November 25, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kyle Chandler, Taylor Kitsch and Austin Nichols.

Comment by dude – November 25, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold :)))
    Please! Immediately!!!

Comment by GreenSun – November 25, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold!

Comment by NataOlle – November 25, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jadon Behr from roswell. I want him back on tv.

Comment by Maruschka – November 25, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Glad to see that Brendan Fehr made this list, as well as Majandra Delfino on the top 20 actresses. Roswell had a fantastic cast!

Comment by Jj – November 25, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES!!! yes to all of that!

Comment by Rai – November 25, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wentworth Miller, Gale Harold.

Comment by Tiger – November 25, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Undoubtedly Gale Harold. As much as possible on TV

Comment by 13elena – November 25, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Behr from roswell i ment. Miss him on my tv.

Comment by Maruschka – November 25, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with many on the list. I’d definitely want to see Naveen Andrews, Michael Vartan, Wentworth Miller, Adrian Brody, Julian McMahon or Brendan Fehr back on my TV screen!

Comment by Frances – November 25, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes to Adam Brody and Gale Harold!

Comment by Reba – November 25, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TR Knight? Uh no. I’m good never seeing anything he ever does.

Comment by Jenn – November 25, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kudos to you for leaving the only rude comment. Your parents must be so proud.

Comment by tripoli – November 25, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zachary Levi!!!! I just Love him!!! he’s Great!!

Comment by Jeanne – November 25, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that Gale Harold was on the list! Although I am still heartbroken over his first round loss in the ultimate bad boy bracket last year.

Comment by Abby – November 25, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always thought T.R. Knight was the best thing about Grey’s back in their heyday, so I could get behind that. Plus, we have the same birthday. Birthday twins! :) Michael Vartan! Yes! [Drool, drool]. Julian McMahon is an interesting choice. I wonder what Harry Anderson does these days…I think Hugh Laurie already does have a new show coming out. Didn’t he just get cast on that pirate show? I second Christopher Meloni. Surprised he’s not on the list. That guy is a pretty gifted actor. And I gotta add Jared Harris, though he seems to be more into movies these days. Ditto for Kyle Chandler. Also, just about anyone from Deadwood would be good with me to see again. I know Ian McShane is going to be on American Horror Story soon as a guest, but I want to see him get his own show to star in. The guy is an acting genius. Finally, Dominic West from The Wire.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 25, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know what Josh Holloway is doing now but I agree he’d be perfect in a role on Justified! DEFINTELY one of my fave shows on TV right now & I look forward to its return. Also David Krumholtz should ALWAYS be on TV, someone needs to find him a good, solid project.

Comment by The1andonlyJer – November 25, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THOMAS DEKKER!!!!!

Comment by Jo – November 25, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold! We miss him so much! Let him work please!

Comment by nina – November 25, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zachary Levi, Scott Patterson, and Adam Brody! Hopefully Adam Brody’s follow up act will be better than Rachel Bilson’s HoD. :|

Comment by Stacy – November 25, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold of course!

Comment by Giusy – November 25, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nobody miss Adam Brody?
    Well, I really miss The OC, that must it.

Comment by bend22 – November 25, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lee Pace, Adam Baldwin and Kyle Chandler for sure. Andre Braugher as soon as the last episodes of Last Resort air.

Comment by Alexandra – November 25, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely want Jamie Dornan back on my TV, but I want him back on OUAT.

And I can wait for Zachary Levi while he films Thor so that when he does come back to TV, his hair isn’t nearly electric yellow.

Comment by Lucy – November 25, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tvline! Its like u read my mind…thank you for always doing an amazing job :-)

Comment by Chitra – November 25, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m currently watching Smallville so I can’t say I miss Tom Welling, but I know I will when I finish.

Comment by Millie – November 25, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman back on my TV already…Christmas 2013 is too far awayyy

Comment by This – November 25, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *sigh* Tom Welling. I miss seeing his beautiful face on my television. I’d definitely add Lost’s Josh Holloway and Farscape’s Ben Browder.

Comment by Valerie – November 25, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree on all but Dennis Frantz and the guy from Nip/Tuck. Julian whatever. He creeps me out.

Comment by Amber – November 25, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enver Gjokaj YES a thousand times yes. He was easily the best part of Dollhouse. He really did embody all of the characters he was asked to portray. Very good at mimicking his fellow actors as well. I would love to see him on The Walking Dead. I’d love to see him on any show. He’s amazing.

Comment by Ari – November 25, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling! <3 we need him back!

Comment by Ale – November 25, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Tom Welling more then anyone on the planet….too much?

Comment by Christine – November 25, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling without a doubt. Nobody else from the choices given appeal to me in any way shape or form like Tom has.

Comment by Maria – November 25, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Blasphemousness of not including Chad Michael Murray.

Comment by RobMF – November 25, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling¡¡ Pleeeeeese Come Back¡¡¡

Comment by Carmen – November 25, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes to these!!!
    T.R. Knight, Scott Patterson, Michael Vartan, Julian McMahon, James Marsters, Hugh Laurie.

I would love to see Scott, Michael, Julian, or James on Revenge. They would be neat additions. Lets make James Marsters british again and he can be an ally to Aidan. Please????

Comment by Sara – November 25, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Jason Behr ??

Comment by Rai – November 25, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Staggeringly enough, I agree with EVERYONE on that list.

Michael Vartan in particular!

Comment by Lucy – November 25, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know Zane from Eureka got a job in Canada doing a Primeval remake or something, but I don’t think that’s coming to my US tv anytime soon. I wish it would :( Enver Gjokaj is another big one that I wish would get more work (I think he was on Made in Jersey? Even he couldn’t make me watch that, though). Colin Ferguson & David Tennant are so obvious they should barely be mentioned!!!

Comment by Rachel – November 25, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Canadian Primeval is going to air in SyFy next yr I think? And yep Enver was on “Made in Jersey”

Comment by Lauren – November 25, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, and Fran Kranz and Adam Baldwin!

Comment by Rachel – November 25, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about John Krasinski, Ed Helms, or Rain Wilson? The Office ends in May which means they won’t have roles next fall.

Comment by Andrea – November 25, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES JAMIEEEEEE!!! I WANT THE HUNTSMAN BACK!!!

Comment by Sami – November 25, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with almost everyone on this list especially Tahmoh Penikett, Zachary Levi and Wentworth Miller. One actor I would add is Connor Trinneer from Enterprise. He was the best thing about that show and has had a few good guest roles since it went off the air. I would love to see him on tv every week again.

Comment by Naomi – November 25, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Joe Lando has been absent too long from serial television. Loved him as Blackwell on The Secret Circle, Sully on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Peter on Higher Ground and feel he can add so much more to an existing series, or a new one. I realize I m a bit late but just found out about this.

Comment by Penni Fields – November 25, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Penni, Joe Lando is an actor too good to be left in a corner. I would love to see it again the star of the show

Comment by Marina Simonutti – November 25, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Completely AGREE! Joe Lando’s talents are being wasted over the last five (or more) years. His natural charm and chemistry with past co-stars in ROMANTIC roles speak for themselves.

Comment by Tess Thieler – November 26, 2012 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JOE LANDO – I agree!

Comment by bugger2boys – November 25, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree, as posted earlier. Joe Lando deserves Hollywood’s attention, and we fans deserve his presence. Make him a romantic lead again, he won’t let you down!

Comment by Linda B – November 25, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. Joe Lando is a superb actor and should return to TV in a romantic leading man role.

Comment by Sarah – November 25, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely! Would love to see Joe Lando as the lead again.

Comment by Karin – November 25, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course Joe Lando, TV needs an actor like him. Hero, villain, romance, action, cop, sify. He can play anything.

Comment by Isableue – November 25, 2012 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yes, please get Joe Lando back on TV.

Comment by Dana – November 28, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JOE LANDO needs to be back on TV! He is the most underrated and underused actor in showbusiness. He was amazing as Sully on Dr, Quinn and mysterious and mesmerizing as John Blackwell on The Secret Circle. He was both sexy and convincing as Cassie’s father and possible lover of all the women in his circle. This wonderful and still gorgeous actor needs to return as an awesome father or leading man immediately. BRING BACK JOE LANDO!

Comment by Ellie Beaver – December 23, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen I couldn’t agree more!

Comment by LindaB – December 23, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want ..need to see Tom Welling back on any screen format, i miss his classy gorgeousness and raw talent!

Comment by Marisol – November 25, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree over looking Joe Lando is a shame he is an all rounder who no matter which roll he acts in he is able to potray that as a believable character form villian to lover and everything in between. He has an amazing stregth that carries through to his characters. hhis face and eyes can be read like a book and there are few actors that have that ability to do that without the vocal words that are needed to covey what a character is thinking. It is time we see him on TV again and he draws in international fans as well.

Comment by Clare Quinn – November 25, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kyle Chandler.

Comment by RikerDonegal – November 25, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fran Kranz from Dollhouse! I loved Topher so much!!

Comment by Anna – November 25, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gale Harold has deserved his own show for years now. Hopefully they will cast him in something soon.

Comment by susie – November 25, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GALE HAROLD!!!

Comment by Gisela – November 25, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bs’d
    Personally, three of my favorite shows were Human Target, Mark Valley, Chi McBride & Jack Earle Haley, The Finder, Geoff Stultz & the late Michael Clarke Duncan and LIFE, one of the shows that NBC cancelled for Prime Time with Jay Leno. (Someone is saying “do you want fries with that?”). I liked that whole cast.

Comment by mamamitzvah – November 25, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Life was a very good show. I couldn’t believe it was cancelled for Jay Leno. I never wished a show got cancelled before Jay Leno.

Comment by tp – November 25, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • bs’d
        Could not agree more. I hope every Emmy that Homeland won was like a dagger in someone’s back. :) Annoyed much at NBC? You bet!

Comment by mamamitzvah – November 25, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Pitt and another actor from the same show who will remain nameless so I won’t spoil the current season for anyone who hasn’t yet watched it.

Comment by Dana – November 25, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Zachary Levi, Tom Welling, and Hugh Laurie so much!!!! They all need to get back in the spot light ASAP! Until then, my dvds will have to do!

Comment by jenny – November 25, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post