20 Actresses You Want Back on TV Right Now

Last month, TVLine brainstormed a list of 20 TV stars we’re hoping will score big, juicy roles in fall 2013 pilots.

You responded with hundreds of suggestions of your own that were so intriguing, it gave us enough material for not one, but two spinoff galleries.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Grey’s, Army Wives, Glee, Revenge, Shameless and More!

Today, we present a countdown of the 20 actresses whose return to the small screen is being championed by tastemaking TVLine readers. Tomorrow we’ll reveal their male counterparts.

RELATED | TVLine’s All-Star Pilot Season Wish List

So click through the photo gallery of underappreciated thespians below, then hit the comments with any names your fellow readers might’ve forgotten.

TAGS:
GET MORE: Lists, Photo Gallery, Pilots

1. Calanthe says:

I very much miss seeing Paget Brewster on TV. Casting people, please fix this!!! Also, Liza Weil was always my favorite on Gilmore Girls. I’d check out any show she was on.

2. Brock says:

Jennifer Aniston – waiting for her to make it back to the small screen!

3. Millie says:

Ali Larter, Evangeline Lilly and Billie Piper – YES! Miss them all so much. I also want Allison Mack back. And I really hope Anna Torv doesn’t have to end up on a list like this after Fringe ends.

4. jericho says:

How about Joanna Garcia? She got saddle with that damned monkey, she deserves a dramedy role somewhere.

5. I miss Ali Larter.. and Eliza Dushku!!!

6. jcila says:

I miss Ali Larter,Rachel Griffiths,Eliza Dushku,Anna Friel and Kristin Chenoweth

7. Linda Cardelinni, Salli Richardson-Whitefield, Mary McCormack, Kyra Sedgewick (no, it’s not too soon)

8. elena says:

simply Jennifer Beals… only Jennifer Beals… always Jennifer Beals!

9. Cora says:

I would love to see Billie Piper back on TV! I miss her so much. I’d also be happy to see Sarah Michelle Gellar, Evangeine Lilly, and Robin Weigert. Also, what about Eliza Dushku or Catherine Tate?

10. Tinemi says:

Elaine Cassidy is in a BBC show called The Paradise that PBS is supposed to show next… so that’s done.

11. Jena Marie says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar is a must! I want Ringer back so bad!

• BOOYA says:

Bring SMG back but not Ringer. Kept waiting for that show to get better but it never did. SMG needs to get on a cable show. Something edgy. Like Homeland. Or maybe she could appear in The last episode of The Walking Dead and kill all those zombies.

12. Dani says:

Very excited to see Elaine Cassidy on here. <3 her.

13. Dee says:

I don’t think you can make an underrated tv actresses list and not mention Maura Tierney, although you would continue the legacy that she is in fact UNDERRATED. This chick should have won an emmy for her performance on ER. She played Dr.Abby Lockhart for 8 1/2 seasons,and I don’t think a character had more crap happen to her than Abby. She is a fantastic actress and if you don’t believe me,check out the old seasons.
    Another you should mention,just because I don’t think anybody can act as emotional or cry on que as well as Holly Marie Combs.

14. Dee says:

Also have to mention Connie Britton from Friday night lights,and Molly Price from Third Watch.Both should have won emmys for their performances

• TheColdTruth says:

Connie Britton starred on American Horror Story last season and now she stars in Nashville. Don’t know why you mentioned her.

15. Bobbie says:

Miss Kandyse McClure, I loved BSG. Would be great to see her on screen again.

16. Squeak says:

Evangeline Lilly with a side of Josh Holloway, please.

17. kendall says:

Paget Brewster miss her sooo much on my tv!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles provided Summer Glau with a really challenging role in that she has to play an AI being who is very, very close to reaching what Raymond Kurzweill and others have called the Singularity – when an AI becomes more intelligent than its human creators.

In one episode in particular, Season 2, episode 4, entitled Allison From Palmdale, she falls into a disassociative fugue state in which she, the cyborg, cannot distinguish between her AI self and the human she is modelled on. Apart from being a tour de force of acting on Ms.Glau’s part, she provides a really interesting portrayal of the types of identity issues might arise with an AI that is so close to being “human”. And that is just one of many episodes.

She is thrilling and compelling to watch throughout.

• FreeHaley says:

Exactly! That was great work she did there. Still so mad that FOX cancelled it before the critical third season man they had such amazing stuff planned for that season! It did ok in the ratings and the writer’s strike came (which called almost every show that came out right before) and then went and put it against MNF and then they put it on Friday night! Never gave it a shot again! And this was before they even began to give any credence to DVR ratings and such. Still can’t believe that certain particular FOX exec canned the show in that way. You can never ever trust FOX to gives shows like this a chance, ever, these days.

19. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here frequently. I am relatively certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the following!

20. emmilly says:

omg Liza Weil!! Seriously, when is this gilmore girls movie going to happen. paris gellar forever!!!!!!

21. Catherine says:

AMANDA TAPPING.

22. Jordan says:

Am I the only one who noticed that both Velma and Daphne from the live-action Scooby-Doo movies made this list?

23. Lee says:

Bonnie Hunt.

24. Robin Weigert is on Sons of Anarchy as their attorney Lowen

25. Margaret says:

Robin Weigert is on ‘Sons of Anarchy’.

26. Mich says:

I want Lizzie Caplan to be The Mother on #HowIMetYourMother!!!

27. Bighairbf says:

Um… Kandyse McClure but NOT Katee Sackhoff??? Granted, I get she’s on “Longmire” right now, but does any one actually watch that show? And what about Portia de Rossi? Did anyone see her on Mockingbird Lane– she was great!

28. Stef says:

Definitely Yvonne Strahovski!!!

29. Hope says:

I would love to see Terry Farrell again. She was Jadzia Dax from Deep Space Nine! She was great. She was also Reggie on Becker.

30. Michelle says:

So excited you guys didn’t forget Billie Piper! This list is awesome!

31. Alyssa Milano, Rebecca Gayheart, Genie Francis, Sarah Jessica Parker, Pamela Sue Martin, Lauren Tewes, Charlene Tilton and Melissa Gilbert!!! Yes, I know a couple of these are soap stars, but my favorite of their roles were prime time…

32. mike larry says:

id take samantha mumba over kandyse…much better actress

33. Mario says:

Janet Hubert..She played Vivian 1 from Fresh Prince and she did an awesome job in bringing out the character! She would work well for any character where spiciness is required.

34. Luis says:

Where the heck is Janel Maloney? I miss her so much!!