What TVLine Is Thankful For: Fringe Closure, Revived Dexter, Parenthood Tears and More

Get More: Commentary, Lists

TVLine will be giving thanks for a very long time this Thanksgiving, between the creative comebacks, standout performers and abs (thanks, Arrow!) that have graced our TV sets this season. So which television delights and surprises made us so grateful that we simply had to give them props?

Here is what TVLine Founder and Editor-in-Chief Michael Ausiello, Editor-at-Large Matt Webb Mitovich, Senior Editors Michael Slezak and Kimberly Roots, West Coast Editor Meg Masters, West Coast Reporter Vlada Gelman and Contributing Editor Andy Patrick have singled out as deserving of acknowledgement. (Coming Thursday: What the readers of TVLine told us they are thankful for this TV season.)

Comments (84)

• Thankful for Yvonne Strahovski in Dexter! And YES she is the reason (or at least a big part of the reason) it is the best season yet! ;D

Comment by Henry – November 21, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am greatful for:
    Rookie Blue
    NCIS (Mostly)
    Glee
    Gossip Girl
    90210
    Raising Hope
    New Girl
    Fringe
    Bones
    Chicago Fire
    Psych
    Happy Endings
    Last Resort (Even through it got canned)
    Partners (Even though it got canned too)
    How I met your Mother
    Degrassi

Comment by Ali – November 21, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fully agreed with the “Community” mentions. Especially the “October 19th” video-I agree, that was brilliant and very cute and sweet. Despite all the craziness the show’s been dealing with this year, I am thankful it’s managed to last as long as it has, and whether this fourth season is its last or not, I’m thankful that it’ll be around for at least a little bit longer.
    These weren’t mentioned in this list, but I’m also thankful to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert for continuing to always managing to find the humor in the insanity that is politics and the news at large, thankful to “The Soup” for its continued mockery of the craziness that is TV, and I’m thankful to Craig Ferguson as well for continuing to put on the most bizarre yet hilarious late night show imaginable.

Comment by Angela – November 21, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *”continuing to always manage”. Yeah. I can type well :p.

Comment by Angela – November 21, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show I’m thankful for:

Once Upon A Time
    The Vampire Diaries
    General Hospital
    Revenge
    Fringe
    Arrow
    Hart of Dixie
    Castle

Comment by Ella – November 21, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful for Jeremy Carver bringing Supernatural back with a pulse! Feels like the glory days of the show again.
    I am also thankful for the following shows that make me laugh/cry/gasp/hanging on every week for answers:

White Collar

And to shows past:
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Firefly
    Friends

Comment by Ali – November 21, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So thankful for General Hospital!! I can’t remember when it has been as good as it is now! Ron and Frank are my heroes for bringing back so many important characters and spreading the story to more characters than just Sonny, Carly and Jason. And now with Lucy Coe and the Nurses ball–I am on cloud nine! I can’t wait to see how she’ll end up in her underwear this time!

Comment by JamandaFan – November 21, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Lucymreally coming back? I’m thankful we got Sean Kanaan’s AJ rather than small weasly AJ. I just wish I got Liason before Jason left.

Comment by jules – November 25, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thankful of nº 23 NOT being Glee XD

Comment by L – November 22, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Fringe got renewed for a last season even if it’s just 13 episodes.

Comment by Karen – November 22, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also thankful for the improved showrunning and writing on Supernatural that has given us the Purgatory sl this season. It feels so good to be loving this show again.

Comment by Sara – November 24, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE! And Joshua Jackson kicking Observer ass. Hoping he and Olivia get a good ending together with baby Etta, Walter and Astrid. And maybe bring back Charlie if it works. I’m also probably opening a can of worms with this one but I’m thankful for the Tiva moments, however small. Whether they end up in an actual relationship or just remain friends, I’m glad it’s not always Ziva and McGee constantly ripping on Tony.

Comment by jules – November 25, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post