Private Practice Preview: Jake and Addison Talk 'Status Change' -- Plus, Can Amelia Be Happy?

This week, remember, you get a bonus dose of ABC’s Private Practice, when the Jake-centric episode airs Wednesday at 10/9c (bumping an encore of the Nashville pilot) — and we’ve got a double sneak peek.

VIDEO | Private Practice‘s Addison Fears the Worst When Henry’s Birth Mother Resurfaces

The winding-down Shonda series presents the POV of Benjamin Bratt’s Jake just as a new wrinkle impacts Addison’s adoption of Henry (in tonight’s entry). Drumming up some drama, Jake fears that an incident from his past will come to light when a social worker takes interest in Addison’s new live-in beau.

In this first clip from Wednesday’s hour, Jake and Addison discuss just that — how their “status change” plays into the double-secret formalization of Henry’s adoption. The second video, meanwhile, finds Jake trying to play matchmaker for Amelia, but will the onetime addict ever deem herself worthy of new love?

Loading video...

Loading video...

1. shuayb says:

Jaddison FTW! I hope Shonda doesn’t write Sam and Addison together. I hate them together. I would love for Sam to find someone else. Just not Addie. Amelia-centric episode will be great. Looking forward to it.

2. George says:

With so many of these “POV” episodes yet to air (Cooper, Charlotte, Amelia, Sheldon), is PP doing a true “series finale” or are they just gonna air 13 episodes, and it just ends how it ends.

3. Beth says:

Looking forward to the Addison episode tonight and Jake episode tomorrow!

4. MKenzie says:

Addison and Jake better get married!

5. Ems says:

not to be rude, but WHY is Amelia wearing so much make-up in the second video?

6. simy says:

love jaddison ♥ and also the friendship between amelia and jake

7. AMI says:

I don’t understand why forcing Amelia with this random guy.. he is nobody.. we just met him.. while Amelia will be perfectly happy with Sheldon, who is right for her, and I think they have chemistry..Amelia needs an older guy, who can take care of her.. not some young doctor who we don’t know and because this is the final season we don’t have enough time to get to know him, so I don’t like this new guy…

I loved Addie and Sam together, they has chemistry not like Jake and Addie, Jake is a superficial character (a second Pete: the doctor with the dead wife).. but Sam and Addie have history, we watched them together for almost 3 years I think that relationship deserves a better endig…

8. Bailey says:

Amelia and James. Sheldon is too old and too emotional for her.

9. jona says:

I love Amelia so much :)

10. Ilaria_26 says:

Jake and Addison are one of the few good things of private practice this season. Can’t wait to see their centric episodes. I really hope Shonda will not mess them… She Shonda send them in grey’s anatomy!

11. Nat says:

Jake and Addison together is the best thing that happened to Private Practice in a long time. Kate Walsh and Ben Bratt have great chemistry and the characters work so well together. They’re the reason why I’m still watching to be honest. Amelia used to be one of my favorites, but this season her story does not impress me at all. This thing with the new doc feels incredibly forced.

12. sharona says:

Kate wants to return in Grey’s so why not ?

13. Patty says:

Benjamin Bratt is the best thing that happened to Private Practice since Naomi left.. Just love him and his so simple point of view of life! :)

14. Carrie says:

Thanks Matt, for the update on the bonus dose! While everyone else is brining their bird, I will be lazing on my couch getting my Jake fix. Happy holidays.

15. sam says:

addison and sam need to be together i hate her and jake being together

16. Amy says: