Dancing With the Stars Week 9 Results: Which Couples Made it to the All-Stars Finale?

Other than clutching the iconic Mirrorball trophy amidst a shower of colorful confetti, the one goal consuming our fleet-footed celebs for the past nine injury-laden, stress-filled and often glorious weeks has been to secure a highly coveted spot in the Dancing With the Stars finale. It’s all about the making it to Top 3, the medal round, baby. So bring it!

Lucky for us, that meant yet another juicy double-elimination on tonight’s All–Stars-themed season 15 semi-finals results telecast, but can we all agree that Kelly Monaco and Emmitt Smith languishing at the bottom of the judge’s leaderboard after Monday night’s semi-final performances means nada when it comes to who’s actually sent packing?

That said, it was time to joyfully toss aside any grand predictions and settle in to enjoy one hour of action-packed (and, OK, tension-filled) live TV, highlighted by hot performances by The Wanted (the bad-boy boy-banders) and DWTS’s ubiquitous former guest judge Paula Abdul, with a trippy, nostalgic “dream medley” of her No. 1 hits. Nothing cold hearted about that, Paula!

Tonight’s honorable mention performance: Self-trained hip hop dancing dynamo Parris Goebel (who’s choreographed for Jennifer Lopez) actually prompted me to pay attention to the AT&T spotlight performance. No small feat, girl!

But without further ado, here’s the moment of truth — tonight’s double-whammy results:

SENT DIRECTLY TO THE FINALS:
Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough

ELIMINATION 1: FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani

ELIMINATED
Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff

“This competition was hard from the beginning,” said a composed Ohno of being the latest All-Star to lose out on the Mirrorball trophy, “and Karina’s a champion, I’ve learned so much about her, she’s taught me so much about myself.” Ohno’s final comment was a total gem: “Every single person who does this show is a champion, because it forces you to become a champion in your own right…it’s been a blessing!”

ELIMINATION 2: FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke

ELIMINATED
Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke

“It’s been a tremendous experience … a great ride,” said an impressively composed Smith, who seemed fully emotionally prepared for his exit. “Season 3 was something else, but this right here takes it over the top.” Added Tom: “After tonight, this show has lost a good chunk of charisma.”

THE FINALISTS
Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough
Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy

And with that, it’s your turn. Which couples should have really gone home tonight? Who is the clear favorite to take home the Mirrorball trophy? Are you surprised the finals is an all-female showdown? Sound off in the comments! –Mitch Rustad

Comments (99)

• Wasn’t surprised at all to see Emmitt go, but I was kind of surprised that Apollo left. I was thinking Kelly might be the other one leaving.
    Eh, well. Still a pretty strong trio left for next week, so I’m okay with it. Can’t believe we’re almost at the end of another season already!

Comment by Angela – November 20, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Kelly and Val made it- they have been consistently screwed by the judges with the scores and have much more talent than Emmit who only twirls Cheryl around the dance floor. This should be an exciting final but have to give the win to Tony- he deserves it after all of the clunkers he’s had in the past

Comment by Kendra Doyle – November 20, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kelly and Val suck and should of been sent home! Apollo and karina were so much better than them and I just hate Kelly as a person

Comment by Anna – November 20, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, what did Kelly do to you? Hate? Really?

Comment by Abby – November 20, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Val keeps digging that whole Tom said not to dig! Speedos in the ballroom come on guys.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think saying that Kelly should be eliminated equals hate. It’s just an opinion. This isn’t soapzone.

Comment by Whatevah – November 21, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No, but saying “I just hate Kelly as a person” does.

Comment by Kortney – November 21, 2012 06:21 AM PDT
        • Pretending to have a fake romance with Val for votes whil her boyfriend is in the audience is pretty darn shady to me. Sorry. She needs to go.

Comment by Amanda – November 21, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They should be the ones gone but they you should not be talking in those terms about them. Kelly and Val are the worst dancers and should be gone, but they aren’t so say the true facts and don’t say trash them that way, although Val pretty much trashed himself with the vile flagrant acts while dancing the flemeco dance.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How sad for you.

Comment by Calli – November 21, 2012 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You know her??

Comment by Carezy – November 21, 2012 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree Kelly n Val shudda left they shudda kept Apollo n Karina

Comment by Stephanie – November 21, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • UNFAIR advantage! Tony and Melissa were prior partners! Totally not fair!

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hate to break it to you, but other couples have been partnered before. Emmitt and Cheryl were partners before and they couldn’t make it all the way. Shawn and Derek haven’t been partnered together and they’re in the finals. Melissa just happens to be a very good dancer.

Comment by Ems – November 21, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am glad Kelly and Val made it as well although, to quote Louie, “get a room”! haha I think it is a great final 3. Melissa and Shawn totally should be there. It will be an exciting end to this season for sure. :)

Comment by Kim R – November 21, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ya know this was the Top 3 I wanted after last night. I like Apollo a lot, but I think Kelly has done a little more week to week to make it. Shawn and Melissa just killed their dances last night. I love Shawn, but if Melissa wins I would be equally as pleased. I almost want Melissa to win a little more for the sake of Tony. He’s been there since the beginning and has done a great job this year, so as a celebrity I want Shawn to win, but as a professional I want Tony to win. I think Kelly will do a great job and if she wins I wouldn’t mind too much either. It’s a really great Top 3 and I can’t wait to see who wins. It’ll definitely be a female, which I think is a first. A first all female finale. So nicely done.

Comment by Stacie – November 20, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the fact that it’s an all female finale!

Comment by H.Houston – November 21, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelly should have been eliminated! What a disasterous results show! Many will be very upset by this elimination. Emmett was underscored week after week. The crap Kelly and Val put on the dance floor is awful to watch. Tony is the weakest choreographer.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 20, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I would’ve liked to see Kelly go too instead of either of the guys, I have to disagree with you about Emmitt being underscored. He was often overpraised actually given that he seemed to be putting less into his dances than most of the others this season (case in point: he scored a perfect 30 for his trio dance in which all he did was wiggle his bum and twirl his two lady pros around – hardly 10 worthy material). I also have to disagree with you about Tony being a weak choreographer – his Argentine Tango with Melissa is proof that with a great partner Tony can churn out a great dance full of fabulous moves. He’s just rarely ever given the chance to show that though.

One thing I can I agree on is that Kelly and Val can be awful to watch, but my beef with them is their showmance being over the top to te point that I dislike them immensely.

Here’s hoping that either Melissa and Tony or Shawn and Derek win next week (I’d be happy with either taking the trophy home).

Comment by Tess – November 20, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can but I don’t have to agree with your opinion! I am not a Cheryl Burke friend but Emmett never really bothered me so you know he was the lesser of the two evils.

But if you are trying to change my mind about someone it ain’t happening. I have my thoughts and I don’t change them when someone calls me out for them.

Tony is a weak choreograher! It won’t change my mind about that no matter what you say. So you may want to save your breath. Once I make up my mind about something I don’t ever change my mind, unless they do better. I don’t see Tony doing better. He is how old?

I do think Val and Kelly will be third place with Melissa following right behind Kelly for 2nd barring Shawn and Derek don’t have a disaster of some kind.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 20, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Tony is a weak “choreograher”? I assume that opinion is based on all your professional dance experience? What’s that? You have no professional dance experience? Then shut the h*ll up. You are weird and judgy. If you think he’s so awful, why don’t you go teach him how to dance? I’m sure he could use the laugh.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 21, 2012 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “It won’t change my mind about that no matter what you say” that’s a poor attitude to have about life. You should always be open to learning and taking in new information (and altering your opinions based on that new information if necessary). I’m talking in general, not specifically about your opinion about Tony. Also, you might want to try phrasing your opinions as opinions instead of as facts. “Tony is the weakest choreographer” is phrased like a fact, but you don’t have objective evidence to support that. What you are trying to voice is your opinion that you don’t like Tony’s choreography. Nobody could argue about your preference, but people can argue with you trying to present it as a fact.

Comment by Jack – November 21, 2012 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG are you for real. Emmitt was Way over scored. he lasted longer than he should thanks to the judges scores. You might not care for Kelly and Val showmanship but actually she has improved the most. If anything she was at a disadvantage since She had to learn more dances plus work a full time job. I would be happy if either her or Melissa won.

Comment by Mary – November 20, 2012 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Welcome to your own opinion but nothing you say will change my mind so you may want to save your breath. If you are trying to change my mind about something it ain’t happening. I have my thoughts and I don’t change them when someon calls me out for them.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 20, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LQTM. You’re hilarious.

Comment by Wendy – November 20, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m sure Fact appreciates your opinion on her moods.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:12 PM PDT
        • Are you sure you have the mental stability to participate in discussion forum? If you don’t want alternate viewpoints, perhaps you are the one who should be saving their breath.

Aside from that, you’re also completely wrong about Emmitt. Don’t worry, that only took one breath, so I’m good.

Comment by Calli – November 21, 2012 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Val keeps digging that hole that Tom suggested he not dig. I suspect that Val and Kelly are gone next.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you I believe that Kelly has improved the most. I am thrilled with who made it into the finals. Kelly having to work at her full time job has had a more difficult schedule than the others but she has done wonderful. I love her as a person. I would be happy no matter which of the girls win.

Comment by Diane – November 21, 2012 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree

Comment by Anna – November 20, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EMMITT was underscored? HA. He got a perfect 30 for doing nothing while Cheryl and Kym danced around him. If there’s anyone being underscored, it’s Kelly and Val.

Comment by Joe – November 20, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! For whatever reason, the producers have had him over scored all season.

Comment by bobbye – November 21, 2012 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve got to root for Shawn.

Comment by Mike – November 20, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Tom – what the show finally lost is a big hunk of bad dancing. Emmutt has been over scored since the start. Amazingly – we actually have the best dancers in the finals.

Comment by bobbye – November 20, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree with you, Emmitt was not a bad dancer. He should be in the finales instead of Melissa or Kelly.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I predicted a all female final, and I believe it is deserved. I am glad the boys were out. Apolo has improved the last couple of weeks, but I do not think he was as good as the first time around. Sorry Emmitt was not good.

Comment by Mary – November 20, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not so much surprised at an all-Female (celebrity) final as I am that Tony and Val are there. One thing this show always seems consistent on is the same Dance pros always seem to be in contention. Unless Derek and Shawn win, this year will have a new winner.

Comment by CJ – November 20, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Although I think Shawn is a good dancer, she has an advantage being a gymanst therefore I am rooting for one of the other girls to take it. I like to see improvement and with Shawn she was always good so not much improvement there. I also do not want Derek to win again.

Comment by Mary – November 21, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Melissa was a professional cheerleader. Which is a glorified sideline dancer. Far more dance training then a gymnast

Comment by Cm – November 21, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • wow….

Have you ever actually watched the DCCs cheer and dance? there is a reason why they are considered America’s sweethearts and are invited to strut their stuff for everyone from Big & Rich to the troops overseas.

Comment by H.Houston – November 21, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im very dissapoint…..the final should have been giles marini,sabrina bryan and kierstie alley…not watching anymore…

Comment by lisa th – November 20, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boo Hoo and I loooooove Chelsie Hightower too!

Comment by TheFactsR – November 20, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Melissa got her same partner from prior season I don’t find that as being FAIR at all!

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You say this every week like they were the only couple that this happened to. It was not.

Emmitt and Cheryl: original pairing
        Kirstie and Maks: original pairing
        Bristol and Mark: original pairing
        Melissa and Tony: original pairing

Did I miss any? Quit using that as a complaint; it won’t fly.

Comment by Lime – November 21, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Joey and Kim too :)

Comment by Carezy – November 21, 2012 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes! I knew there was another one! Poor Joey. I thought for sure he’d last longer.

Comment by Lime – November 21, 2012 07:45 AM PDT
      • What has fair got to do with it? It’s just entertainment, and completely up to public opinion. Nothing about a show like this is ‘fair.’

Comment by Calli – November 21, 2012 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But there are many things you can complain about not being fair. For example, it’s not fair that Shawn has a partner who has won three times. Or, it’s not fair to Kelly that in her season there was only 6 weeks. and so on. Also, if having the same partner was that much of an advantage, the final three would be celebs who had the same partner as before.

Comment by Jack – November 21, 2012 03:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHAT?!? Your comment right there points to what so many others have complained about — this show is NOT supposed to be a popularity contest — it is a DANCE competition and as much as I love Kirstie she should have gone sooner — Sabrina should have been standing in that semi final group.

Comment by H.Houston – November 21, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Completely disagree. Any competition where the general public votes is going to be a popularity contest. Most people watching the show only know as much about dance as they’ve learned watching this show. they are in no way qualified to judge dancing. This show is not a dancing competition, it’s an entertainment competition. It doesn’t matter if Kirstie isn’t the best dancer, if people are entertained and want to see more, she gets the votes. If it were only about dancing, the judges scores would decide all. I don’t understand why so many have a hard time accepting that.

Comment by Calli – November 22, 2012 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Emmitt, but it was his time to go. Any combination of the other four couples would have been acceptable, but I’m glad my girl Kelly made it.

Comment by Nichole – November 20, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Kelly is in the finals in spite of being underscored by the judges week after week. She is at a huge disadvantage, learning new dances where the others have already performed them during their seasons, and has grown into a beautiful dancer. Her rhumba last night was beautiful. It will be tough going up against a dancer (Melissa) and gymnast (Shawn) but she deserves her spot in the finals.

Comment by Ella – November 20, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who’s Melissa Rycroft? How is she a “star”? Did she do a sex tape? Like the trashy kardashian?

Comment by Annoyed – November 20, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Two words: The Bachelor

Comment by Nick – November 20, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gosh don’t get gross now, she has her faults but don’t get all trashy about it. I hope Shawn wins but I am not trashing Melissa to get Shawn the win.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 20, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes LIKE the same partner as her first season UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it really fair to trash talk someone you know nothing about? Melissa is a tv host, had her own mini series and is a wonderful wife and mom to a beautiful little girl. Grow up

Comment by Judith Hosking – November 21, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was also a DCC and hosts several specials.

Comment by H.Houston – November 21, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BIG FAN of Shawn and Derek, Their talent surpasses the rest by miles, but Iam glad Melissa made it through. If I had to pick a third it would have been Apollo.

Comment by Barb – November 20, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree fan of Shawn and Derek since Chelsie Hightower was eliminated as I knew she would be with that partner she was given.

Comment by TheFactsR – November 20, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Shawn alright, but I can’t like Derek at all. I find him so smug that I’d be really disappointed if wins. I hope Melissa pulls it out, plus it would be great to see Tony get a win.

Comment by Katie – November 20, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you on this Katie. DWTS seems to have become the Derek Hough show. Wouldn’t be so bad if he was gratious, but he is annoying, smug and so self promoting. Can’t stand him…

Comment by K – November 20, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I so agree with this statement! He was given Shawn as his partner to make sure he’s gonna win for the fourth time. Whomever got Shawn would have been a guaranteed winner. Producers are shoving Derek down our throats and I don’t like it.

Comment by Jinjeon – November 21, 2012 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish for once that Derek would get a partner like Kirstie or Margret Cho or some of the other harder women to dance with – he has always had a partner with dance experience or an athlete

Comment by H.Houston – November 21, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Someone who thinks like me! I can’t stand Derek. He has flagrantly ignore the rules this season to show off and has been rewarded with it.

Comment by Amanda – November 21, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy with the final three, and as much as I love Kelly and Shawn, I’d love to see Melissa win. She’s the only one that hasn’t won the trophy, and I think she really deserves it.

Comment by Ashley – November 20, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the all female finale. Kelly has been underscored a lot of the season and she’s been really good. I’m also happy to see Val get his first shot at the title after all the crappy partners he’s had.
    I’m really glad Melissa gets another shot and that Tony does as well.
    Say what you want about Derek (cause I know a lot of you hate him and think he’s smug) but he’s a damn good choreographer and has pushed Shawn a lot this year. Shawn has done amazing this year.
    The order, in my opinion… 1. Shawn/Derek; 2. Melissa/Tony; 3. Kelly/Val. It pains me to say that because I’m a GH fan and I love Kelly. But as big of heart for competition she has, Melissa and Shawn are better technical dancers.

Comment by Debbie Schechter – November 20, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I tend to agree with your order also Melissa has her prior partner which is an unfair advantage. Shawn had an adjustment to make this season and it was obvious that she struggled with the change the first of the season while Melissa just picked up where she left off.

I find that unfair therefore could not support Melissa and Tony this season.

I also can not support Kelly and Val as they continue to PUSH the whole showmance ordeal to the MAX! It is just overbearing the showmance, I think they sold out to the fact Kelly is a weaker dancer and therefore thought they needed to seduce each other every week on the dance floor.

For those and other reasons the only true winner is Shawn, she come thru adversity about the partner change improving each week and did not sell herself cheap with the showmance theme.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The only ones capable of pushing anything on this show are the editors. I think they’re just having fun with it, since that’s the way it’s going to be presented. Getting all worked up over the story lines that the show creates is just silly.

Comment by Calli – November 21, 2012 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They might be better tecnical dancers, however I look for improvement and sorry I think Shawn and Melissa had the advantage over Kelly. I see very little improvement in those two already were great dancers. I won’t be upset who wins all three deserve to be in the finals but I would like to see someone other than Derek get it.

Comment by Mary – November 21, 2012 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Kelly and Val!

Comment by Julia – November 20, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep digging that hole Tom was telling Val about

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Keep repeating yourself

Comment by Carezy – November 21, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally think Kelly should have made it over Emmitt but Apolo should have made it over both of them. I was really hoping for a Shawn/Apolo/Melissa finale since they’ve been to me the best dancers all season. But I’m really hoping for a win for Melissa and Tony!

Comment by Gabrielle – November 20, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • UNFAIR ADVANTAGE same prior partner!

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Repeating the same nonsense over and over doesn’t make it true or make you seem any less silly.

Comment by Calli – November 21, 2012 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I think people heard you the first time you said it. I can tell you think a lot of yourself and your opinion with your spamming of this comment board. And I can sympathize, because sometimes I think a lot of myself and my opinion when I post on this website. But you really need to reign it in. Seriously. State your opinion once and move on. There is no need to keep repeating the same thing to everyone who posts. WE GET IT. You think it’s unfair that Melissa and Tony were paired before and you think Val is skanky. I think you’ve made that perfectly clear by this point.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 21, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • UNFAIR ADVANTAGE same prior comment

Comment by JT – November 21, 2012 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to disagree with you on Apolo. He did improve the last two weeks, but all season I felt the dancing to be disconnected. It might of been due to a differenct partner but I thought he was better the first time around.

Comment by Mary – November 21, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa has her prior partner which is an unfair advantage. Shawn had an adjustment to make this season and it was obvious that she struggled with the change the first of the season while Melissa just picked up where she left off.

I find that unfair therefore could not support Melissa and Tony this season.

For those and other reasons the only true winner is Shawn, she came through adversity about the partner change improving each week and did not sell herself cheap with the showmance theme.

DWTS will present itself wrongful among many if Melissa or Kelly win the allstar season.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok, this is literally just copy-pasted…

And if either Kelly or Melissa do win, it’s cause people voted for them… Some can complain that Shawn doesn’t emote enough when she dances. People like who they like, posting the same reasons as to why you don’t like two of the three couples won’t make your points any more valid or accepted, it’ll just annoy people reading them over and over.

Comment by Carezy – November 21, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another words DWTS reputation to the people who watch DWTS is on the line.

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG It is a show get a life.

Comment by Mary – November 21, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ALSO I think the speedo camel toe will come back to bite Val in the arss by being the first out in the finale but also in his real life. Richard hatch comes to mind. Val better keep his PR girls around close to try to bail him out of trouble for his head is growing day by day, LG HELP!

Comment by TruthHurts – November 20, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it very rich those of you calling unfair on Melissa and Tony being together again and don’t bring up Cheryl and emmitt or max and Kristie. Am I imagining things or were they not partners and in emmitt and Cheryl’s case winners in a previous season? My opinion on Derek and Shawn are thats also kind of unfair.

Comment by jabberinjess – November 20, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is it unfair for Melissa and Tony to be together and not unfair for max and Kristie, emmit and Cheryl, or apolo and karina to be paired together again? And 2 of those couples were champions together!

Comment by jabberinjess – November 20, 2012 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry about the double post.

Comment by jabberinjess – November 20, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apolo danced with Julianne the first time. But, Bristol got Mark again, as another example of a star being matched with the same dancer.

Comment by Calli – November 21, 2012 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if my heart is in it now that Gilles is gone. That was such a bizarre elimination. I think he was the only one who had a chance of beating Shawn. And I really want to see Shawn get beaten. Nothing personal against Shawn and Derek, they are both very good, I just really didn’t want to see a former champ winning. It would have been nice to see the trophy go to someone who hadn’t won before. I also kind of think it was a cheap move on the producers’ part to pair Shawn with Derek. That was really stacking the deck in her favor. Derek is a fan favorite, seems to have the best choreography, and can keep up with all Shawn’s gymnast moves. They just…they always give him the best partners. I’m really rooting for Melissa, she’s great, and I adore Tony. Tony and Louis are the two pros I want to see the most get a win.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 21, 2012 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They don’t always give him the best, but he’s usually really good at getting the best out of the people he gets. Previous partners include Shannon Elizabeth, Lil Kim, Ricki Lake, and Jennie Garth. The claim that he always gets the ringer is just incorrect; I think he’s just very, very good at what he does.

Comment by Calli – November 21, 2012 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally hated Shawn when she won, but this season with Derek, she has greatly improved. The biggest surprise to me is Kelly being even better– soon happy she made it to the finals and shocked that this is the first time it’s been an all female finale– the best of the best are there– except for Sabrina. Could not be happier with the results

Comment by Sam – November 21, 2012 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely got it right this week. I really hope Melissa and Tony win. I can’t stand Derek so I don’t want Shawn to win, plus I want Tony and Melissa to get their first mirror ball.

Comment by Melissa – November 21, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For a few weeks now I have been predicting an all female finale – I thought it was going to be Melissa, Shaun, and Sabrina but I absolutely LOVE having all of the women in the top.

Comment by H.Houston – November 21, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Too bad Sabrina’s gone. ):

Comment by Jaclyn – November 23, 2012 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy with this group! I’m rooting for Melissa and Tony. They dance beautifully and they are so nice. I love that they openly root for all the othter couples. I hope they win!

Comment by Andrea – November 21, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn has consistently been the BEST dancer by far this season so I believe she deserves to win regardless of who her partner is or that she has won before or that she is a gymnast. Her and Derek are on such a completely different level than the rest of the stars that it would seem silly for any one else to win. Yes, Tony is nice and Derek has won before, but for me it should always come down to who is the best dancer. And it’s Shawn, hands down! It is supposed to be a dancing competition, right?

Comment by Kristina – November 21, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well it is a reality show about dancing. A lot of people vote for different reasons. I think all three girls are good dancers. I enjoyed some performances more than others. I don’t know if she is the best hands down, I actually hated last weeks dance and a couple others. I thinks all three deserves to be in the final and I will hold judgment till I see them dance next week, before I say she should win hands down.

Comment by Mary – November 21, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, Melissa and Kelly should go home before Sabrina.I’m rooting for Shawn!

Comment by Jaclyn – November 23, 2012 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post