Boss Cancelled, Wrap-Up Movie a Possibility

Mayor Kane’s TV reign is over.

Starz has decided not to go ahead with a third season of the Kelsey Grammer political drama Boss.

RELATED | TVLine Items: Spartacus‘ Final Season Premiere Date, Game of Thrones Adds Coldplay Rocker and More!

The premium cabler and Lionsgate TV, which produces the series, are kicking around the idea of a two-hour movie that would wrap the Chicago mayor’s tumultuous story, our sister site Deadline reports.

Boss‘ cancellation makes Spartacus the only Starz original series to survive for more than two seasons.

1. Jerm says:

I didn’t watch this, but if I did I definately wouldn’t get my hopes up for a movie follow-up. I’m still waitin on one for Heroes!

2. Dizzle says:

Apparently it’s just been picked up to air here in the UK on More 4…… So this is quite bittersweet really! Been looking forward to this for ages.

3. Mie Iversen says:

Nooo! This was one of the best shows on right now, the prod-quality ot the show, the characters where amazing!

4. Still waiting on the Friday Night Lights movie and the Entourage movie.

5. JAO says:

Oh no, we loved Boss!

6. Hamish says:

I’m still waiting for the Pushing Daisies movie…

7. Lili An-noln says:

It’s clear that they wanted an award winning series. Since they got zero Emmy nominations… bye, bye Boss!

8. flo says:

Why would they make a movie of something only critics watched? I tried to watch and episode and it was so boring.

9. BC says:

Boss was the best show on TV by far, very visceral and real in its depictions of numerous egoists from politicians to journalists to the streets all with incumbent machinery. It was reported that Kelsey Grammar thought he & it were snubbed by the Emmy’s because his personal political sidings were not in sync with Hollywood. This cancellation is too bad for TV and all of us because Boss was a truly great show and now we must suffer the dumbed-down typical tracking drivel between commercials. What can we do about it? Nothing.

10. Britta Unfiltered says:

That bums me out. That was a really good show. Very interesting characters. The Emmy snubs for the first season were weird. Kelsey Grammar at the very least should have gotten nominated, and so should the girl who played Kitty. I suppose there’s always the Golden Globes coming up…

11. sladewilson says:

Boss rocked. Starz should’ve at least green-lighted one more season. There was soooo much to work with… Damn shame. Last Resort and now Boss – at least my DVR will be getting a break… LOL….

12. Kasper F. Nielsen says:

Starz is shooting themselves in the foot with constantly canceling all their shows. Maybe Boss wasn’t all that popular, but canceling it – like they do with all their other stuff – only makes people stay away from watching any new series on their channel because they know it’ll get canceled anyway.

Now they’ve canceled as many shows as they have without ever letting one stay for very long it’s probably gotten to the point when people stop giving their shows a chance because why invest your time in something that has about a zero percent chance of getting to run its course?

13. I can’t say I am surprised disappointed but not surprised. It was a really good show and I really liked the direction it was going. Not holding my breath for a movie.

14. Ram510 says:

This show was ok at best, but now that its cancelled what would be the point in a wrap up movie. Nobody was watching to begin with

15. TV Gord says:

Maybe it will get an Emmy nomination for Best Cancellation. ;-)

16. Alice says:

Cue Kelsey Grammer whining about how the show was cancelled because he’s a Republican in 3, 2, 1…

17. Igal fligman says:

I cannot believe this. I pledge to never watch anything else stars produces. Cutting Spartacus and Boss so short tells me this cable channel is amateur. In fact I am going to cancel stars altogether!

18. mandymauer says:

Wasn’t Head Case a Starz Original Series? That lasted for 3 seasons.