Gossip Girl Sneak Peek: Serena and Dan Host a Dysfunctional Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving arrives a little late on Gossip Girl this season, but that doesn’t mean the Dec. 3 feast (The CW, 9/8c) will be uneventful, especially with Serena and Dan hosting their first holiday together for friends — and a few surprising faces.

RELATED | Gossip Girl Exclusive: Kristen Bell to Appear in Series Finale – But Is She You-Know-Who?

Considering how many exes, incestuous love triangles and horrible dads (OK, maybe just one of those: Bart) are gathered in the room, it’s no surprise that the meal doesn’t go smoothly. In fact, things are so terrible between Chuck and Bart that Blair is forced to find a solution when the younger Bass hits a downward spiral.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (19)

• Chuck and Blair look like a formidable UES power couple staring down their enemies. Haha Why are Steve and Sage back? I thought we were free of them.

Comment by kara saun – November 19, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah same…steve and sage annoy me. Their characters are useless and boring. I wish GG could just go back to its season 1 roots being its last season :(

Comment by isabelmonca – November 19, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a little afraid of Blair again. TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS! Missed a strong Blair Waldorf.

Comment by Ava – November 19, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season is getting good I think the 2nd 3rd and 4th episodes of this season were filler episodes which is sad because since they were back to back to back some people lost interest and faith in the show I didn’t and I’m looking forward to the second half which got off to a pretty good start with last weeks episode

Comment by b – November 19, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im honestly no happy with this season I think they put in alot of dumb stuff this whole thing with chuck and blair is so played out as well as for S and DAN .. I dont think either of them should be a couple anymore they are making out Blair to be weird and all gaga drooling or something I would rather her end up with DAN then chuck there timing the hurting all that its to much already who cares about chuck and bart hes retarded .. As for S and B hopefully they can get there friendship back but she does need to let B know dan didnt know and was just hurt and hopefully Chuck could be happy he does deserve it but its too played out

Comment by Brea – November 19, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not too bugged by Steve and Sage, BUT I do take issue with how many times we’ve seen Dan’s chest hair this season. What are the costumers thinking?

Comment by Day – November 19, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d rather see his chest hair in every episode than see his hair from last season ever again. I can’t believe they ever tried to sell us a Blair/Dan romance when he looked so homeless.

Comment by Ava – November 19, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You know what you just nailed the only problem I had with Dair in S5. His hair was so bad it ruined my suspension of disbelief. It looked like a dog had died in it.

Comment by Penny – November 20, 2012 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one who had trouble with that. I think I could have been on board with the whole Dair thing if only Dan looked a little bit more cleaned up. Blair was having a mental breakdown though so I guess anything is possible.

Comment by Ari – November 20, 2012 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not believing the Serena and Dan thing. The characters grow and change, kind of. Then they end up back where they were. Horrible writing. I can’t believe that I still watch this.

Comment by Chester – November 20, 2012 06:29 AM PDT
  • Oh goSsip GirLs, i don’t have much to say, but i love it.

Comment by suss86 – November 19, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blair with pants!!! OMG

Comment by paula – November 19, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you very much for the photos. Chuck and Blair look great. And he’s very handsome.

Comment by Sarah – November 19, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just say how much I love Blair in that outfit?

Comment by Call me Derpina! (@tone_ofsurprise) – November 19, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has there ever been a functional Gossip Girl Thanksgiving.

Comment by BrianR – November 19, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this episode is as half as good as the Thanksgiving episode from season 3 I can’t wait

Comment by b – November 19, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Thanksgiving episodes are the ONLY time i miss Eric & Jenny. “Your sweet potatoes are bland”

Comment by Keenan – November 19, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would someone please feed Penn?

Also, I see you there Waldorf… lookin’ fine.

Comment by Penny – November 19, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The promo for next week had me in a panick with Chuck telling Blair they can never be together and some of the sites reporting that Blair betrays Chuck by telling Bart his plan but seeing them together in these pictures and hearing that Blair is going to help him out gives be hope that they’ll be together when the finale ends by the way I’m loving the successful business woman attire Blair is wearing

Comment by b – November 20, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post