Hot Shots: Glee Wraps 2012 in Holiday Style!

A delicious meal, family bonding and soaring ballads: What more could Glee fans want for the holidays?

The new batch of photos below shows McKinley students past and present getting into the festive spirit. We’ve already gotten a glimpse of Quinn’s Turkey Day homecoming; in the Nov. 29 episode, Kurt and Rachel also share a cozy Thanksgiving feast in New York.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line on Glee, Crimnal Minds, POI, Castle, Horror Story, Chicago Fire and More!

NYADA’s Winter Showcase is at the heart of the Fox drama’s Dec. 6 “Swan Song” episode, in which Rachel stops the show (natch), Kurt begs the prestigious arts academy for another shot and guest star Whoopi Goldberg returns as Dean Carmen Tibideaux.

Finally, Christmas hits Lima in “Glee, Actually” (airing Dec. 13) — and it seems like even Sue loses a little of her Grinchiness for the occasion.

Click through the gallery below, then hit the comments: If Glee could give you a gift this holiday season, what would it be?

Tags: ,

Comments (37)

• Puckerman Bros!

Comment by Fan – November 19, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Begging seems the way to get in NYADA. Someone tell Jesse St. James

Comment by Tim – November 19, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Less Kurt and Rachel. They’re arrogant and boring. They were always the most judgmental and rude characters before and we were supposed to feel sorry for them for some reason I never got. Now that they’ve moved they’re even worse. The entire story in NYC bores me to tears. I had really hoped that the change in scenery would infuse the characters with new life, but it’s not working for me.

Comment by Scott – November 19, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED! I thought I was the only with the same idea! The NY portion of Glee just doesn’t work. I loved the new characters, and I actually believe that they are the ones who inject new life into Glee, which has been bleeding since the second season. Less Rachel and Kurt! More Marley, Jacob, Riley and the blonde cheerleader.

Comment by Phil – November 19, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Brody

Comment by TB – November 19, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An Anderson Family Christmas :)

Quinn and Sam serving up the homeless again (and not have the Glee club come in at the last second and try and make themselves feel better by tossing a leftover inappropriate Christmas song at them.)
    Brody turns out not to be sleeping with the teacher and he and Rachel start going steady

Comment by GD – November 19, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had a lot of high hopes for Glee in New York, but it has gone downhill. I’ve been much more entertained by the Lima Ohio storyline lately. Brody is hovering between being fake sweet and just a jerk. I have no interest in seeing Rachel with him. They’ve done nothing with the SJP at Vogue arc – there should be comedy galore with those actors! Get Kurt into NYADA, get a supportive or funny prof in there instead of getting boring bitchy Kate Hudson. The writers seem to think mean & snotty is funny, and it can be with one snarky character ala Sue. But it’s too much now with Kate H, Kitty, Sue, and sometimes Santana.

Comment by Amy – November 19, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. I thought Rachel and Kurt would meet all kinds of obstacles in NY with humor. But all it is now is drama. Rachel needing a guy to validate herself. Kurt hasn’t even a story yet. It is boring and useless. Santana is desparately needed.

Comment by Tea – November 19, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that this year’s Christmas episode is an “It’s a Wonderful Life” send-up but the title has gotten me thinking. It would be really great if next year’s Christmas episode was along the lines of Love Actually. A bunch of individual Holiday themed narratives centering around the couples that eventually tie together.

Comment by dude – November 19, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is actually a twist on both “Love, Actually” and “It’s a Wonderful Life”

Comment by bigbill890 – November 19, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Faberry actual Faberry happening in NYC far away from McKinley

Comment by Faberry – November 19, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the New York storylines. I think it brought fresh life into the show. Who could not like hot Brody? Plus Kate Hudson is delicious I her role. I do like the new characters too, but they sure make the alumni look old.

Comment by Mika – November 19, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My christmas wish is that kurt forgives blaine takes him back and they kiss properly like the first time !!! Buts it gonna be a great christmas love love love is all around I hope xx

Comment by grace cairney – November 19, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grace – that is a great christmas wish. I hope it comes true. I’ve seen some of the filming they did the last few days in NY with Kurt and Blaine (ice skating at Bryant Park) (on YouTube) and it looks really good. They are singing “White Christmas” while ice-skating. Anyway, I’m still hoping they will get back together eventually. I love those two guys.

Comment by Kay – November 20, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The NYC story hasn’t worked for me because they are taking Rachel Berry and turning her into a fictitious version of Lea Michele.

Comment by Dena – November 19, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly.

Comment by Jon – November 19, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! That’s it! As soon as that makeover episode happened, lea michelle went from a 19 yr old Rachel berry to the 26 yr old she actually is. She is still acting but no longer as Rachel

Comment by Amy – November 19, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i really don’t get it with the rachel-berry-turn-into-lea-michele thing. is it because she’s changing her clothes and not dating finn anymore? because in the last week episode i see rachel berry in there with the autograph thing and she has couple of notes to the musical. i see that she is still rachel berry but now has grown up alittle bit which is a really natural progression for people

Comment by Riz – November 19, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel looks like her too. She has lost her drive and tenacity to beat the odds. I don’t like what she has turned into.

Comment by Tea – November 19, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they had just ignored the timeline and continued last year’s school year into another season. I’m not crazy about the new characters and the writing this year is so boring

Comment by Coolio Jackson – November 19, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blake Jenner is cute but he got to go. He was horrible on Glee since his debut. The new cast and reality show winner is a major reason why people are tuning out of Glee in droves. When is the producer going to realize this?

Comment by True – November 19, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know what it is but I just can’t take to any of the new kids. I seriously don’t care what happens to Marley or Jake or that other new guy that came in out of nowhere to play Danny Zuko. Didn’t Tina get a big speech last year about this being her year to shine? Yet Tina gets to play Jan and they bring Marley in to take the lead in the musical and probably at sectionals too?

Comment by MissMel – November 19, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tina will never have her thunder. She is background character. Just like Sugar, Brit, Sam, and Artie. I adore these characters. I don’t the new ones. I do not look forward to watching these new ones take over the Glee club

Comment by Rab – November 19, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are they doing a Thanksgiving episode a week after Thanksgiving?

Comment by Tim – November 19, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • most stations shut down new eps on that day

Comment by Shaun – November 19, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But there is a new episode on Thanksgiving night, so it doesn’t make sense.

Comment by Tim – November 19, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wondered that too. “Dynamic Duets” is showing on Thanksgiving Day, and the “Thanksgiving” episode is on the week after Thanksgiving. Not sure why that is, I’m just glad there are new episodes for a few weeks (last new one is Dec. 13 and then not another one til January 17).

Comment by Kay – November 20, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Hodgson wrote the Christmas episode so I wouldn’t really have high hopes for it at all.

Comment by D – November 19, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m looking forward to seeing Kurt and Blaine together in NY (with Burt too) in the Christmas episode.

Comment by Kay – November 20, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally we can get the Kurt-Rachel romance going :).

Comment by Tim – November 19, 2012 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quick, now and forever!!!!

Comment by Kerry – November 20, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What more could Glee fans want for the holidays? Do you have time?….I want for christmas:
    1. A comedy show, I want to laugh
    2. Couples free drama. No triangles either.
    4. New kids differents characters and storylines than before
    5. Better music (quality above meaningless pop)
    6. I want Finchel, Klaine, Brittana

I want the glee I fellt in love before

Is that good enough?

Comment by mave – November 20, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 3. Better actors

Comment by mave – November 20, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gangnam style!

Comment by Tim – November 20, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Glee Christmas Wish? more Klaine and Less Rachel.

Comment by silver – November 22, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not care for Jake or Kitty. Marley is okay. Ryder is doing a great job! I need more Kurt and Rachel… but I would rather see her and Finn managing a long distance relationship while they focus on getting their real lives together. Need more done with Vogue or Kurt needs to move on. Why does Blaine always need a man in his life…Was Rachel calling Brody to prove to herself she is “really” over Finn–because Finn stopped treating her well and trusting her, while Brody treats her like a princess???? Rachel needs to work on more self-respect and her friendship with Kurt–and maybe going home to help Tina… And please, stop pushing the newbies down our throats non-stop….

Comment by k – November 25, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post