Was Modern Family's Kiss Amiss? More Cary on Good Wife? Bloody Face Vs. Otto? And More Qs!

Good Wife Matt CzuchryWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Parenthood, American Horror Story: Asylum, Nashville and Glee!

1 | Didn’t Fringe‘s Etta hologram look like Gwyneth Paltrow? And wasn’t that one well-behaved group of commuters on the monorail Peter, Olivia, Walter and Astrid took? Maybe Observer rule has brought some positive changes to the world!

VIDEO | New Spoiler Alert!: Fringe ‘Observations,’ Grey’s Death Takes a Toll and Gossip Girl Finale Twist!

2 | Was Nikita‘s dinner double date the show’s most intense scene yet?

3 | Hey, Good Wife producers, why have you been holding out on us with all that Cary awesomeness? But while you’re at it, can we now please get some Cary and Kalinda scenes?

4 | Did the latest Walking Dead — between Rick’s axe-swinging rampage, Michonne’s “target practice” and the unsettling Penny reveal — hit a series high in squickiness? And why are some fans bending over backwards to find ways in which Lori is still alive?

5 | On Revenge, which way do you think Daniel’s proposed no-confidence vote against his father turned out? And were those “Gift of Revenge” ads supposed to make us want to run the other way?

RELATED | Dylan Walsh Plots Revenge, Good Wife Adds Desperate Hubby

6 | How could 666 Park Avenue‘s Jane be so freaked out by the spooky happenings at the Drake that she considered leaving Henry and New York City altogether and yet the very next day descend without hesitation into a deep, terrifying spiral staircase that magically appeared in the building’s basement? And without anyone’s knowledge but some random kleptomaniac teenager and her catatonic grandmother?

Gossip Girl Blake Lively7 | How I Met Your Mother fans, was Barney’s swoon-worthy speech enough to make up for another really uneven episode?

8 | Which Gossip Girl twist is more unbelievable: The Rufus/Ivy relationship – yes, we’re still not over it – or that Serena ate all that food and still fit into that tight dress?

9 | Seriously? Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera in the same week saddle a contestant with Celine Dion’s drippy “My Heart Will Go On,” on The X Factor and The Voice respectively? Are they secretly commiserating via text message?

10 | Hawaii Five-0, now Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23…. When did Lee Meriwether become primetime’s new “It” girl? One could say that she’s the cat’s meow!

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Scandal, Glee, Mad Men, Bones, Grey’s, Parenthood, Asylum and More!

11 | Is The New Normal‘s hateful Nana just covering ground Glee‘s Sue Sylvester napalmed three seasons ago?

12 | How do we hire Happy Endings‘ Boyz II Menorah for all our events?

13 | Dear Drew on Parenthood: What are you doing?! Also, who called their mom after this week’s episode?

14| What was with Modern Family‘s weird camera angle on the big Matthew Broderick-Ty Burrell kiss? We couldn’t even see Phil’s face at the moment of contact, which made the sight gag kind of worthless, right? On a related note: Can someone get us the number for Broderick’s trainer? Ferris looks good!

Suburgatory Malin Ackerman15 | Was Malin Ackerman kind of perfect as Tessa’s estranged mom on Suburgatory? Also, Sheila walking in on Malik naked in the shower  — on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being LOL and 10 being ROTFLMAO, where would you put it?

16 | Which show has made better use of Vancouver’s wilderness this season: Supernatural and its purgatory flashbacks or Once Upon a Time‘s fairytale land?

17 | Uh-oh, Nashville‘s Rayna isn’t heading for some “I can only let loose when I’m boozed up” storyline, is she? That montage of her impromptu recording sesh sure seemed to draw a correlation. Also, shouldn’t Juliette have been thrilled (instead of angry) that a paparazzo caught her leaving a club with “choirboy” Sean? Wasn’t that the very purpose of their fauxmance?

RELATED | American Horror Story Renewed for Season 3, Jessica Lange to Return… But Who’ll She Play?

18 | This week’s most startling reveal — American Horror Story‘s Bloody Face or Sons of Anarchy‘s Otto?

19 | If no one had told you that was Meshach Taylor (aka Designing Women’s Anthony) on Criminal Minds, would you have ever guessed?

20 | Did you think for a second that The Vampire Diaries‘ Elena was going to have a hallucinatory make-out with Stefan, thinking it was Damon? Were you relieved the show went the honest route instead?

21 | Remember when Glee‘s Sue Sylvester was one of the funniest characters on TV? Wouldn’t it go a long way to reclaiming her title if the writing staff would refrain from having her violently assault students in the hallway?

22 | Weren’t the misdirected texts between Grey’s Anatomy‘s Dr. Weber and Avery’s mom one of the most random yet LOL story points? And how has no CGI-unsavvy viewer emailed us yet to ask if Jessica Capshaw actually lost her leg?

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Scoop: Constance Zimmer Scrubs In as… New Love Interest For [Spoiler]?

23 | Admit it, you Abby-hating Scandal fans out there — you kinda feel sorry for her now, don’t you?

24 | Didn’t it seem kind of blasphemous for The Office to have Jan return sans Michael Scott? They even seemed to crop him out of her flashback cut-ins!

25 | Is anybody else obsessed with the Elementary score?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

• Dee says:

So agree! Matt Czuchry absolutely nails this character. Cary is so smart and smooth and is a joy to watch. He’s now great with Alicia too. Just a terrific character. Please TGW…more Cary!

• Lucy says:

Matt Czuchry and his character shine when they allow him to do it. I absolutely loved all the Cary and Alicia scenes. And I agree now they also need to do more with him and Kalinda. That “you two are cheerful” scene…there’s still something between those two.

• Diane says:

Amen again.

1. Diane says:

General Hospital fan here: I loved the mentions in this column the last few weeks but none this week so much happened on the show this week. :(

2. Jane says:

Nope don’t feel bad for Abby at all! Liv is her friend that had her back from day one. She deserved what she got. The Elena transition storyline is the pits, can it end already? Why is she so tragic with turning into a vamp? Everything she does seems to be tragic.

• Eli says:

You mean Olivia swooped in at the most convenient time to save Abby and ever since Abby has served Queen Liv faithfully until very recently? Cause that is what actually happened.

3. Nicole says:

Amen on “The Good Wife”!!

4. Aleksa says:

The shower scene in Suburgatory was HYSTERICAL. They both played it so great.

5. Babybop says:

7: As sweet at the speech was, I thought it was misplaced and trying too hard. I though the episode would have been better without it.

6. Jen says:

18) Otto. I suspected the identity of Bloodyface, but while I knew Otto was up to something, I thought he was going to hurt himself. Didn’t see him setting up Tara. Especially after she so kindly, ummm…placed her hand on his head last week.

7. billie says:

Lori is still alive no matter what you said ! Call me a delusional ,but I feel so guilty for hating on her during two seasons ,I need something to hold on it.

8. GeoDiva says:

23: Yes. Especially since they brought up her abusive past.

9. Katie says:

25: I love the elementary score – it seems like every Sherlock adaptation is required to have a fantastic soundtrack. The BBC Sherlock, and the two Robert Downey Sherlocks all have equally fabulous scores!! Can’t wait to hear more from the composers.

10. 21: You do realize assaulting students in the hallway was her thing WHEN she was the funniest character on television right? That was literally a call back to season one so your question makes no sense.

11. Greg S. says:

25. Hell YEAH!!!I wish there was a long version of the main theme…..

12. Let’s see:
    5. Badly. I seriously doubt the initiative would let control slip from Conrad since they have him completely under their thumbs. That being said, how in the hell can NolCorp be half owned by Grayson Global when Nolan already gave the stock to Emily to be liquidated AFTER he went public? Those shares and their value had to have been reported as owned by someone in order to be sold on the open market and even if Em used a shell company wouldn’t it have raised some flags somewhere that HALF of NolCorp was being
    liquidated??!
    16. I vote Supernatural, the trees are just kind of scenery in Once but it’s an obstacle course in Supernatural.
    21. Yes, I’m not sure why Glee thinks it’s funny to have an adult abusing children. Glee makes us suspend reality a lot but that is so stupidly outside the realm of possible it’s almost insulting. No principal would allow a teacher to do that right in front of them. Even Figgins. Speaking of inappropriate teacher behavior, is no one a little concerned that Cassandra is doing one of her current students? It’s not illegal or heinous like it would be in high school but I’m pretty sure that is frowned on, even in college.

• Kay says:

I agree with your comment for #21. The character of Sue Sylvester should be fired pronto. She is the biggest bully and should not be allowed to get away with the crap she gets away with. Principal Figgins has no control over anybody. He is so wishy-washy it’s ridiculous. Also agree about Cassandra. I do not care for her character at all.

13. Guest says:

2) Pretty intense.
    3) As long as there’s more Cary, more Kalinda, and no Nick, it’s all good.
    4) Part 2: … although it will never happen.
    5) Part 2: perhaps?
    7) No. To people who liked HIMYM because it was a smart comedy: stop watching it, it’s time to give up.
    10) Truth.
    11) And armed with Twitter.
    12) Send a spotted owl to Max’s apartment, and hope it doesn’t die in Max’s cooker “invention”.
    13) Being a teenager — blame Amy for being a skank! And yes. To all the folks that loved FNL: you’ll love Parenthood too.
    14) Ty Burrell saves Modern Family.
    15) Sheila Shay and Malik definitely redefined the seeing-someone-naked trope. 10+. And although Malin isn’t an awesome actor, her casting was perfect for this. Last week’s episode was one of the best episodes on TV this year. Suburgatory definitely knows how to do Thanksgiving episodes.
    18) Bloody Face

14. MelindaB says:

4–To be honest, I barely even flinch when they kill zombies any more, although I couldn’t watch Rick stabbing the zombie in the stomach–I thought that he was going to cut him open and “rescue” Lori…speaking of which, I agree with the derision at him eating ALL of her body, not to mention dragging it off to do so, and also agree that the “Lori is still alive” gymnastics are getting laughable.

15. Lenoradgirl says:

#26 — How awesome was it to have an “only original cast” Big Bang Theory. . .I love all the new characters but this was a nice throw back. . .Plus Penny finally said I love you.

16. Forwarddad says:

23. Don’t feel bad for Abby. Somehow OP saved her. Abby knows she is betraying OP and not by sleeping with David but going on with this investigating.

17. ollie says:

#7 no bc.no payoff #16 supernatural #18 from pic alone otto #19 and #20 no

18. Natalie says:

I’m so with you on the Cary thing. But was glad they sort of acknowledged it in the episode. It was a very good episode for him, poignant and a nice amount of depth, interesting backstory. And, yes please, on Cary and Kalinda scenes! We got a tiny one with Nick, her and him this season, but that’s been about it. I miss their interactions. :)

19. nick1372 says:

5. I think the vote worked. A murder accusation doesn’t exactly hurt.
    11. Yes.
    16. Once Upon a Time uses the scenery awesomely!

20. torgo98 says:

Can we make Ken Leung a regular on Person of Interest? He makes a good show even better.

21. Karen says:

Could not agree with you more on the Cary Agos stuff…. More please

22. Michael says:

The camera angle on Modern Family’s kiss was perfect. We knew exactly what Broderick was doing; we didn’t need a close up. Instead, we got a sensational reversal of facial expressions from Phil as Broderick went in and as he pulled away.

23. Reba says:

Does anyone else think Gotye scores Elementary?

24. joe says:

i guess if ur into fat old men, ferris would look good

25. Rachel says:

22. Wait, you mean Jessica Capshaw didn’t chop her leg off? And I thought she was just going Method ;D

26. Laurel says:

#7: I am so BORED by this show now. I used to love it, but it’s gone on 2 seasons too long already. I watch joy because I don’t want to miss it if sonething funny/exciting happens by accident.

27. Britta Unfiltered says:

#4. Good question! Lori’s dead, people, accept it!
    #5. Ugh, those Revenge commercials made me want to throw a baseball through my computer screen. The worst thing was I couldn’t even fast forward because Xfinity forced me to watch them in their entirety as I watched the show on their website. I’m already on the fence about continuing to watch that show, those did not help.
    #7. I liked the speech, but I liked the episode in general.
    #10. Gasp. That WAS Lee Meriwether on Don’t Trust the B! I totally didn’t recognize her!
    #18. Tie.
    #24. YES! THANK YOU!!!

28. cjeffery7 says:

4 – my sister isn’t quite convinced she’s dead but i’m all like “why would they give lori such an emotionally resonant send-off if they were only going to bring her back to life again? pa-sha i say.
    5 – i think it’ll go in daniel’s favor for now, but will ultimately backfire on him, as most revenge-y things have gone. and yeah, those commercial product placements… all i could do was laugh at the desperate product placement of them.
    6 – i dont watch 666 park, but is it just me or does rachel taylor deserve EVEN better material than charlie’s angels and now 666 park?? at least at this rate she’ll have good vehicle within the next 2 years. *fingers crossed*
    7 – as stefon would say, “YESyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.”
    13 – DITTO. amy is GEE-ORGEOUS btw. i am a heterosexual woman and i don’t blame his teenage self for not being able to let go.

29. Ella says:

3. PLEASE let us get some good Cary and Kalinda scenes. Enough of this Lana and her husband nonsense.

• boredtodeath says:

Kalinda and Lana were the best thing about this season. Just sayin’.

• Lucy says:

“In my opinion” another big mistake those writers made with Kalinda was pairing up her with a bunch of characters she has no real affection for (and I don’t give a damn about). Kalinda shine when they let her to interact with Alicia and Cary and that’s because those are the two main relationiships which were able to give us hints about the real Kalinda. Not the robotic cartonish character some fans seems to enjoy but the human being Kalinda. The one I liked.

30. Moms a TVFan77 says:

#10- Met Lee Meriwether at Comic-Con this summer. She was so sweet and we talked about all the old shows she was in and things she was working on. I didn’t want to take up too much of her time but she insisted I ask whatever questions I wanted. She looked terrific too.

31. Ashley says:

9. Sylvia picked the song herself. I don’t watch X-Factor so don’t know what the deal is there, but Christina didn’t saddle her contestant with that crappy song.

32. CR says:

19) It took me a couple minutes, but then I started screaming out, Oh My God, what has happened to Hollywood. I saw Mannequin way too many times as a child.

33. Christy says:

YES about Jan on the Office! Strange to see her in a non-Micheal related way. And I noticed the thing with the flashback scenes too. Creative editing I guess but why are they making it like Micheal Scott never existed??