CBS Pulls the Plug on Partners

CBS Cancels PartnersCBS has cancelled Partners after a half-dozen episodes.

The freshman comedy, starring David Krumholtz and Michael Urie, premiered to 6.5 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating, demonstrating just 75 percent retention out of How I Met Your Mother from the get-go. The numbers ebbed and flowed from there, with the show this past Monday hitting a series-low rating of 1.8, while drawing 5.6 million viewers.

VIDEO | How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Joe Manganiello Chows Down, Screws Up

CBS comedy repeats — beginning with Two and a Half Men on Nov. 19 — will fill the Mondays-at-8:30 void effective immediately, with Rules of Engagement Season 7 or the midseason newbie Friend Me likely to eventually claim the time slot.

Why do you think Partners failed to catch on?

1. Melissa says:

Let’s keep this going..to try and save this show.

2. Little Scarf Girl says:

I actually didn’t mind this show at all. Probably enjoyed it a little more than Rules of Engagement. Wouldn’t go out of my way to watch it, but I’d been keeping it on if I’d watched How I Met Your Mother live. Doesn’t seem like new comedies get much of a chance on CBS.

3. jeee says:

I am so, so, so, sooooooooooo sad. It was nice to see Michael Urie again.

4. Jon says:

Timeslot!! Give it a real timeslot. I pray ABC or NBC picks it up.

5. CB says:

I want Partners to continue please!!! Such funny and adorable show, loved Louis and Wyatt the most.

6. LS says:

I don’t understand why they won’t at least air the unaired episodes instead of showing reruns of other shows??! I agree with a lot of people who don’t understand why 2 1/2 Men and 2 Broke Girls are still on but they can’t give Partners a chance?

7. Shelley Davis says:

I loved this show! I’m a huge fan of Will and Grace and this show had potential. Please bring it back!!!!!!!

8. Cecile says:

Awww going to miss this I loved this show and looked forward to it every Monday :( Please bring it back!!! And for those of you who complained just change the channel sheesh!

• Lynne says:

No kidding! If you don’t like, don’t watch. I really liked that show. Sophia Bush deserved a chance. CBS is such a joke.

9. Lynne says:

6.5 Million viewers isn’t good enough for CBS? And that is why they suck and I won’t watch them ANYMORE.

10. I loved this show and it’s so sad they didn’t even get to finish season 1! And I loved “S!#t my dad says” as well, also cancelled after season 1. Why in the world two great showrunners as Mutchnick and Kohan can’t survive in today’s tv? These shows were greatly written and acted, maybe a few adjustments were to be made, but I’ve seen far worse shows going on. I’m so sad! Besides, I worship Michael Urie, I hope to see him soon somewhere else.

11. Lisa says:

So disappointed– looked forward to seeing it every week!!!

12. lisa says:

I loved this show…there aren’t a lot of good comedies on tv right now. Sad CBS didn’t really give it a chance before pulling the plug…at least air the rest of the episodes!

13. Snowflake says:

I found this show very enjoyable, I’m sad it’s off the aire but they are good actors so hopefully they will find new work soon so I can still enjoy their humor!

14. Nick says:

This was an amazing show! I am sad to see it disappear!

15. Natasha says:

OMG! I love that show. It was recorded every monday!!! Please bring it back. I believe that it went off because they is so many shows on monday. Dancing with the stars is on monday. Please bring partners back !!!!!!!

16. phil says:

The reason is because you have whack job executives with the attention span of a gnat who will not let a show find its audience or get its groove. So they replace a show that has promise with dreck that they think will appeal to the lowest common denominator. If people look at the first half of the first season of Will and Grace, it was woefully strained. Then it found its footing BECAUSE IT WAS GIVEN A CHANCE TO. Dumbassed TV execs. That’s what you get when you hand over network programming to 25 year old arrested adolescents.

17. Donna N. says:

I loved this show!! Every show my Husband and I start liking, always gets cancelled!!ugh!!

18. E says:

Oh that sucks.. Best new show this season.. I don’t understand… Way better than the new normal… I’m really sad.. They should’ve given it a real chance.. It would’ve been a big hit by the end of the season.. For sure!

19. Resz says:

thank god this show sucked. the laugh track ruined it. not every line of dialogue needs to be a joke

20. Brendan says:

OMG!! It was so damn funny, and since it had a gay couple in it, it helped me relate to it!!! Wtf!!! It was so so so funny!!

21. Alexia says:

And here I thought that I would have a show to comfort me when HIMYM would be gone…Partners was good, despite what people say, in a sence that it kept getting better each episodes and I was personally really warming up to the characters. I guess whether the cast had chemistry or not is debatable, depending on the person, but I thought so. I really liked Joe and Louis, and the secretary at work. Also, the back story of Wyatt ! Can you imagine if we had had the chance to meet his family? They didn’t even let us see Allie turn into bridezilla. The thing is, I knew all the actors before the show, but it was only once I saw them together that I was interested in what else they might have done.

22. Nathan says:

NO i loved it. Can any other network pic it up, like NBC? :/

23. Shanta says:

Well then, this is disappointing :/ I really liked this show, it was so funny >.<

24. BeachBum46 says:

Horrible show, glad it’s gone!

25. krista says:

This show was great :( I hope another networks picks it up

26. Nate Higgers says:

This was a miserably unfunny show that constantly brought up gayness. The guy from numbers killed his career in it, as did Brandon Routh. The rest of the cast were already washed up anyway. It blew and I’m glad it’s gone.

27. ginia says:

What? they cancelled the show? but it was sooo funny! why? its not that bad is it?

I was always laughing at them, especially at JOe and Louis’ banter.

I also would like to see a flamboyant gay guy in tv for once, coz i havent seen one before!
    Seriously, its like people have vendetta’s for them. And mostly the flamboyant one’s are shun.

I love gay people for just being themselves (flaming or not), and i love how Urie is playing his role, he’s perfect for it.

His character is suppose to be hyperactive and selfish and needy with boundary issues. Doesnt have spells a lot of trouble that equals to fun?

They say it has the same plot as the sitcom in 1995? So wat? Most stories in tv shows had to have similarities to them, so they shud just get it out of their system already.

And by all the Gods, i was still a baby when they made that show! LOL

28. ginia says:

Maybe Urie and Brandon routh was too gay for the exec’s?

Sad to see this show get treated like dirt, brushed off like its nothing. 5 million viewers doesn’t cut it? really? what will?

It was even place in the people’s choice awards so it couldn’t have been simply for the ratings and popularity?

I like it that the main characters Joe and Louis are friends, and it transcended the issues of Louis being gay. I like it that they are like brothers, and they stick with each other through thick and thin.

It has a good premise, and tv shows today are either filled with gore, human cruelty, petty arguments, jealousy, betrayal and cheating.

I mean, for me it was good that i get to see something that actually speaks about a relationship that’s base on love and respect.

I love this show a lot, its fun and lighthearted, and no deaths.

I dont have to dread that somebody will die in the story later on, so I’m not steeling myself the way I do when I watch other shows, and I cant remember when was the last time I felt like that. Unburden by the plots screwing me over.

Im just disappointed that they cancelled a show that can still improve, I really dont know what they’re thinking.

…Homophobia?

29. Fay says:

I’m Chinese,i really love this show.Why less person watch it?I think it’s funny and 2 men are cute!!!!!( >﹏<。)~

30. Chris says:

i love the show
    i hate this all good show are cancel