First Look Video: Kevin Spacey as a Political Scandalmonger in Netflix's House of Cards

Get More: First Look, Video

“Power’s a lot like real estate: It’s all about location, location, location,” intones Kevin Spacey in this trailer for his new Netflix original series, House of Cards. “The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value.”

And judging from this sneak peek of the political soap — which the video-distribution site will release in its 13-episode entirety on Feb. 1 — the value of Spacey’s White House insider character is through the roof.

RELATED | Exclusive: Six Feet Under Vet Lili Taylor Joins Netflix Thriller Series Hemlock Grove

Press PLAY on the video below to get a sneak peek at the series, which also stars Robin Wright (The Princess Bride) and Kate Mara (American Horror Story) and is co-executive-produced by David Fincher (The Social Network). Then hit the comments: Will you tune in?

Comments (16)

• Rooney Mara was in TGWTDT, not Kate. Kate was in American Horror Story last season as Hayden. :)

Comment by anthonynewhall – November 15, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amended!

Comment by Kimberly Roots – November 15, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems very over the top. Not really what I was expecting. A bit of a turnoff. Not a fan of the talking to the camera at the beginning either.

Comment by YowzaPowza – November 15, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks promising – even if it is a web series.

Comment by straightforwardpolitics – November 15, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It lacks something. Can’t put my finger on it. Like a certain energy. It doesn’t feel original. But to be honest, I will watch anything Kevin Spacey does so, yeap, I will watch.

Comment by Ana – November 15, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s because it isn’t original. It’s a remake of a brilliant British mini-series from the 1990s (there were three) that starred Ian Richardson (Yes, he addressed the camera directly). Francis Urquhart, his character, has the best line ever when he’s asked a direct question: “You might think that. I couldn’t possibly comment.”

Comment by Baco Noir – November 15, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A TV/web series with Kevin Spacey? Count me in.

Comment by jimbo – November 15, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not wait for this. Love Kevin Spacey and I thought the trailer was very good.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – November 15, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Kevin Spacey, but having seen the original(s) of House of Cards, sorry, no way can it be as good. The Brits well and truly nailed it—three times!

Comment by Irena Gallo – November 15, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks promising. I’ll definitely give it a shot.

Comment by J – November 15, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Robin Wright. It looks like a good role for her. And she’s amazing

Comment by Jay – November 15, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely give it a try, if only becaus rim curious about Netflix getting into original programming…

Comment by Rachel – November 15, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch for Spacey, even if he was on the Kardashian or Honey Boo Boo show.

Comment by Sara – November 16, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see the return of Ian Richardson’s House of Cards American Style. Think Kevin Spacey and cast will do masterful performances with the complexities and character transformations dictated by power. Not sure if it’s the journey or destination but am sure it’s going to be a super series – one I can watch back to back.

Comment by Stephen Spring – January 28, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We watched all 13 episodes this weekend. I wish TVLine would do some follow up articles. Do you know when the next 13 episodes will be released?

Comment by Tammy – February 12, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it me, my tv or some plot to drive me nuts? Why oh why does everything have to be so dark? Can’t even see anyone’s face. It might as well be on radio.

Comment by Kathie llewellyn – January 26, 2014 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post