First Look Video: Kevin Spacey as a Political Scandalmonger in Netflix's House of Cards

“Power’s a lot like real estate: It’s all about location, location, location,” intones Kevin Spacey in this trailer for his new Netflix original series, House of Cards. “The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value.”

And judging from this sneak peek of the political soap — which the video-distribution site will release in its 13-episode entirety on Feb. 1 — the value of Spacey’s White House insider character is through the roof.

RELATED | Exclusive: Six Feet Under Vet Lili Taylor Joins Netflix Thriller Series Hemlock Grove

Press PLAY on the video below to get a sneak peek at the series, which also stars Robin Wright (The Princess Bride) and Kate Mara (American Horror Story) and is co-executive-produced by David Fincher (The Social Network). Then hit the comments: Will you tune in?

1. Rooney Mara was in TGWTDT, not Kate. Kate was in American Horror Story last season as Hayden. :)

2. YowzaPowza says:

Seems very over the top. Not really what I was expecting. A bit of a turnoff. Not a fan of the talking to the camera at the beginning either.

3. Looks promising – even if it is a web series.

4. Ana says:

It lacks something. Can’t put my finger on it. Like a certain energy. It doesn’t feel original. But to be honest, I will watch anything Kevin Spacey does so, yeap, I will watch.

5. Baco Noir says:

That’s because it isn’t original. It’s a remake of a brilliant British mini-series from the 1990s (there were three) that starred Ian Richardson (Yes, he addressed the camera directly). Francis Urquhart, his character, has the best line ever when he’s asked a direct question: “You might think that. I couldn’t possibly comment.”

6. jimbo says:

A TV/web series with Kevin Spacey? Count me in.

7. I can not wait for this. Love Kevin Spacey and I thought the trailer was very good.

8. Irena Gallo says:

Love Kevin Spacey, but having seen the original(s) of House of Cards, sorry, no way can it be as good. The Brits well and truly nailed it—three times!

9. J says:

Looks promising. I’ll definitely give it a shot.

10. Jay says:

Robin Wright. It looks like a good role for her. And she’s amazing

11. Rachel says:

I’ll definitely give it a try, if only becaus rim curious about Netflix getting into original programming…

12. Sara says:

I’ll watch for Spacey, even if he was on the Kardashian or Honey Boo Boo show.

13. Glad to see the return of Ian Richardson’s House of Cards American Style. Think Kevin Spacey and cast will do masterful performances with the complexities and character transformations dictated by power. Not sure if it’s the journey or destination but am sure it’s going to be a super series – one I can watch back to back.

14. Tammy says:

We watched all 13 episodes this weekend. I wish TVLine would do some follow up articles. Do you know when the next 13 episodes will be released?

15. Kathie llewellyn says:

Is it me, my tv or some plot to drive me nuts? Why oh why does everything have to be so dark? Can’t even see anyone’s face. It might as well be on radio.

16. RedBalloon Australia Deals says:

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that you ought to publish more on this subject, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people
    do not speak about these subjects. To the next!
    Best wishes!!