American Horror Story Renewed for Season 3, Jessica Lange to Return... But Who'll She Play?

American Horror Story RenewedAmerican Horror Story is far from done haunting FX.

The network Thursday announced that Ryan Murphy‘s scary drama will be back for a third season next year.

Even better, Jessica Lange — who played Southern mama Constance in Season 1 and is Asylum‘s Sister Jude — will return in the show’s next incarnation.

RELATEDAmerican Horror Story‘s Sarah Paulson on the Big Reveal and What Comes Next: ‘It Gets Worse’

Asylum ends its run on Jan. 23; the new 13-episode season will begin production this summer and bow in Fall 2013.

There are no details yet on Lange’s role or where the series, which switches location and era each season, will take place. Hit the comments with your suggestions/predictions about where Murphy’s gang of ghosts and ghouls should end up!

1. karen third says:

In a prison with Lange as warden

• Caroline says:

The prison idea with Jessica lange as a warden is cool.
      They should be In modern France with Jess as a mime!!!!!!
      In an interview she said she studied mime

2. Kristof says:

I think it will set in the future… It’s going to be a story about dealers of DNA, a conspiracy theory of the governement and something that involves a new kind of plague…

3. Kat says:

What about a “Psycho” type of story line with a bates motel and it’s travelers? So many possibilities with this… I do love this show and hope it stays around for a long time!! I love the twistedness of this season! Way to go to all involved!!

4. charlotte says:

i love Evan peters and violet too. i still love the haunted house spookiness .

5. CrisC says:

Im diggin the salem witch ideas! Lange could read the dictionary for an hour and make it awesome, love her!!

6. Brian F. says:

New Orleans, Southern Belles, I’m talking Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte type of stuff, but hyped with Voodoo!

7. Madd Minion says:

The Future in the last city in the world.

8. Caroline says:

They should go to the 70′s. I hope the guy who plays dr. Thredson/Bloodyface comes back… He’s sooooo frakken HOT!!

9. danyell says:

amazing. I agree sexy Evan Peters must come back he is AMAZING and zachary quinto lily and sarah paulson all of them make it amazing. Last season with the Harmons was amazing kept you on your toes, and this season is the same way I love both seasons and cannot wait to see what Murphy has in store for next season. Best show ever!

10. Kelsey says:

Please bring back Evan peters!!! He’s soo sexy! And an amazing actor! Keeps me watching the show

11. Jared says:

So far, of all the posts I’ve read, the Holocaust and a Twisted Carnival sounds not only intriguing but entirely terrifying. One story being real-life conditions that for some, probably don’t realize how horrible life was during that time and what a great way to depict that. On the other hand, the carnival story, a-mazing idea!! What is more disturbing than clowns, hall of mirrors and what happens after hours at a carnival??? Awesome ideas! Can’t wait to watch no matter what the new season brings.

12. Emma Jernigan and Anna Caplan says:

Evan peters needs to come back, if he doesn’t I won’t watch it.

13. Katie says:

I think a haunted hotel or a house in the south with voodoo and witches like someone said. I think the whole southern new Orleans supernatural thing would be fun and spooky. The skelton key scared me pretty good!

14. Sammi says:

Evan Peters needs to come back. If he doesn’t I will honestly cry my eyes out!! Also Alexandra Breckenridge, young maid from season 1, should come back! But mainly Evan Peters!

15. aaron says:

In season 1 the psychic tells violet the most haunted places are Old Houses, Asylums and Prisions. I think season 3 will be set in prision.

16. Riley says:

Am I the only person disappointed that the story from season 1 wont be continued?

17. Loved Season 1 !!! Hated Season 2 – way too sick for me!

18. Rick says:

I love the idea of a cabin in the woods. Maybe Jessica Lange could be the mother of a psychotic killer, kind of like Jason Vorhees and his mother. Or maybe a mixture with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre story. A swamp/marsh kind of area. The time could be present, just like season 1, and Jessica helps her son gather victims in their underground lab below their cabin. Kinda like Thredson does. The voodoo practice and southern plantation ideas catch my attention as well. But a haunted traveling carnival does not.

19. Danielle says:

Carnival.
    Definitely.

20. Samantha says:

definitely something that has to do with early american war. the boarding school idea is good but i feel like it would be a little similar to asylum.

21. Jen says:

1920′s Haunted Movie Lots; more psychological horror and less graphic gore.

22. Tyler Campbell says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar needs to become a regular. She will make this show unbeiliveably popular!

23. nat says:

I’d like to see the 1920′s/30′s maybe next season, with Quinto, Paulson, Lange, Peters, Rabe and Brochere. Oh, and no terrible cameos from Adam Levine (who should stick to the singing!)

24. Stephanie says:

So ryan Murphy is saying he wants to bring the sick twisted “Romeo and Juliet” back and travel over seas and every one is saying something about voodoo or freakshows. I think it will be something along the line of Barbados type voodoo and war.

25. Melisa Moore says:

Prison? In the original clue from Sarah Paulson in the first season she mentions “You’ll see it all the time in places like prisons or asylums. Negative energy feeds on trauma and pain…” Which provided the clue for season 2. What are the chances that the first season provides clues for the entire anthology? You see alot of langes character in isolation, symbolic of prison…. just an idea I havent noticed anyone else bring up yet.

26. mariana says:

we would like to see evan peters too

27. Shannon C. Cooper says:

AHS is the end all be all!!! I never what the credits to roll..but a.circus? It’s been done to death!!! (literally!!) The future?? It’s Jessica Lange!! Not sigourney weaver!! I don’t really have any suggestion!! And i hesitate to speculate!! I dont want to know a thing until its released!! It ruins the anticipation!!! But if the first 2 seasons are ANY indication…these amazing writers DO NOT NEED ANY HELP!!! LOVE THIS SERIES…..TO DEATH!!!!! ;) simply CANNOT WAIT FOR SEASON 3!!!! It’s gonna be a loooong summer without it!!!

28. Kristine says:

As long as Lily Rabe and Evan Peters are in the next season , I`m happy :)

29. Katie Economou says:

I think a great story line would be a cursed motel
    In the south where once you check in there’s no way your going to check out! EVAN PETERS IS A MUST HAVE

30. Jane Book says:

I would love to see something along the lines of the Icelandic folklore where the brother and sister conceive a child and escape justice by moving into an isolated valley (village). Lily Rabe could play the daughter and peter Evan’s a possible son, Jessica Lange, the sister/mother. They could tell a story of butchery and debauchery. In the Icelandic myths the “brother” of the couple has a magical ability to entry or exit into the valley. Maybe something like this could occur; you can come in, but you can not leave…

What ya’ think?