Exclusive

Exclusive How I Met Your Mother Video: Joe Manganiello Chows Down, Screws Up

Life sure has taken an unexpected turn for Joe Manganiello.

On Monday’s How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8/7c), Marshall sets up his struggling law-school classmate Brad (Manganiello) with a job interview. But as you can see in the following exclusive video, there’s only so much he can do to help — even though his buddy is played by the True Blood hottie.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Gets Schooled by Covert Affairs’ Peter Gallagher

First, Brad, who’s packed on some pounds, can’t keep his paws off the pastries. (Relax; Manganiello’s only sporting a fake gut.) Then he starts spouting his psychic’s thoughts on a case — not exactly the most sound legal argument.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

1. Alan says:

significantly unfunny, which is sadly becoming the norm for this show

2. Guest says:

This looks like something from Whitney.

3. Does Joe Manganiello have pictures on someone at TVLine? I’ve heard more about his appearance on HIMYM then probably anything else.. like… ever.

4. hello says:

Only thing that can save this subpar season is Chyler Leigh as the mother

5. Jared says:

Don’t get my wrong Joe is the man..but I can’t sit through a half hour of this unfunny show.

6. VicSin13 says:

Two episdoes with Joe back as Brad, will be the only two episodes worth watching this season (which is possibly, supposedly and HOPEFULLY the last season)

7. ANGRY COMMENT ABOUT THE SHOW NOT BEING FUNNY WHILST DETERMINING IN SAID COMMENT THAT I STILL WATCH IT!

8. justsomegirl says:

Agree that this clip is not at all funny, but I don’t rlly care about the brad/marshall storyline, I’m more interested in th B/R moment that was mentioned in a tweet cheat. After that amazing scene in Splitsville, I want to see more of them together! :)

• hw216 says:

Agree with this! That scene restored my faith a little in HIMYM’s ability to actually create episodes that can still get me excited! I love this show, I really do but I think sometimes when a show has been on the air for so long and has such a solid fan base it just gets lazy and I think that’s a shame for what could very well be the final season.

9. justsomegirl says:

Just finished watching and this episode is one of my faves of the entire series. Sure the stamp thing got pretty annoying and distracting, but the rest of it was classic HIMYM. The concepts of Marshall approving just about anything, Ted approving what Lily or someone else approved and then watching his old video diaries was the comedy I’ve been missing for a while. Classic Schmosby with the ear piercing lol. And damn, I did not at all see that twist with Brad at the end. I can’t believe he would turn on Marshall like that, though I did enjoy his and Honeywell’s arguments, they were very funny. Best part about the episode… Barney and Robin KISSED and damnnnnnnn that kiss was hot! So much chemistry between them. After that beautiful speech in Splitsville and that kiss, how can anyone not be a fan of these two?

• anon says:

Yep, what you said :D. I too found it hard to believe that Brad would turn on Marshall like that (didn’t they have that whole “Bromance” thing where they were basically dating?) but it reminded me of the HIMYM of old. Barney and Robin? I’ve been in their camp since the start of their first relationship, and I just can’t wait for next week!

• justsomegirl says:

Well, obviously Brad and Marshall fell out of touch for at least 2 yrs, I guess that would make Brad feel a little bitter towards Marshall for that. Also what could be possible is the firm Brad was hired on probably convinced him somehow that Marshall is fighting for the bad guys. Those law people can be very persuasive for their benefit. And awesome, a BRotp shipper! *high five*

10. linda says:

I never have watched the show, but i do watch True Blood and I am a Joe Manganiello fan,so whatever he is in I will watch,it doesn’t mean I would like the show just the person in it