Blind Item: Someone's Got a Bun in the Oven — and We're (Kinda) Naming Names!

This isn’t so much a blind item as it is, say, a far-sighted one. But, before I explain why, let me give you your clues:

* As the headline on this story foretells, a certain female character is about to be paid a visit by the stork. (Her delicate condition will be revealed on air sometime in the next three months.) What the headline doesn’t hint at, however, is that the gal in question is a lead on an established series (i.e., more than a season old).

SPOILERS | Scoop on Scandal, Mad Men, Vampire Diaries, Parenthood and More in Ask Ausiello!

* When Madame X finds out that she’s with child, she’ll be — understatement alert! — shocked. Fans of the show, by contrast, will likely love the plot twist.

Now, as for the “far-sighted” element of this “blind” item: The mystery woman is one of the 13 suspects included in the gallery below. So, before your hit the comments, take a look and hedge your bets!

1. nick1372 says:

Let’s go through the options:
    Fiona (Burn Notice)- I have no idea. I don’t watch Burn Notice. But it’s the only show that isn’t a widespread smash hit. Am I on to something? 8% chance of being it.
    Beckett (Castle)- That’s kinda rushing it. But it’s still possible. 4% chance.
    Serena (Gossip Girl)- You really think I know who this even is? 5% chance.
    Meredith (Grey’s)- Maybe. She’s in a safe marriage, and I did hear some buzz about that couple, that they’re, ahem, you know. This is could be the red herring of the bunch though. 15% chance.
    Carrie (Homeland)- I wouldn’t put it past Homeland to do something like that. 27% chance.
    Olivia (Fringe)- A baby is something that generally invites more storylines along, like, you know, the baby GROWING UP. That’s generally not something for a final season to delve into. 3% chance.
    Rachel (Glee)- I seriously doubt it. Isn’t she only, like, 18? 1% chance.
    Alicia (The Good Wife)- Seems like something TGW would do, although it would change he whole dynamic of the show. CBS probably wouldn’t approve. 9% chance.
    Allison (Private Practice)- See Fringe. But also see Grey’s Anatomy. 6% chance.
    Robin (HIMYM)- Ooh. That’s interesting. HIMYM isn’t one for stuff like that, though. 3% chance.
    Leslie (Parks & Rec)- Never seen it, but the coomenters on this site seem to like the idea. 15% chance.
    Penny (TBBT)- No. Just no. 3% chance.
    Zoe (Hart of Dixie)- There’s like a bitter war between supporters of the two men on the show. Not all the fans will love it as Ausiello suggested. 2% chance.
    I predict it will be Carrie.

• AgentVee says:

Burn Notice is a hit for USA, but it’s a show people don’t talk about on this site much. Blog comments =/= ratings.

But I agree with your guess about Fiona, especially with how the show’s going. I can’t see her getting knocked up with three episodes (and two weeks) to go.

2. Samantha says:

Of the ones I watch, Meredith, Robin, and Addison were told they couldn’t have kids, so they fit the “plot twist” portion. and they all have either tried to have kids or shown some interest in them so they fit the “fans will be happy” portion, but considering Private Practice already has tons of babies I’ll go with either Robin or Meredith. I’m kinda rooting for Robin because that one episode with her fake kids was pretty depressing, and Meredith already has an adorable baby.

3. Whitney says:

Well it’s unlikely that it’s Serena because Gossip Girl is ending December 17th.

When I read the clues, Penny was my first thought. These things tend to have context clues, right? And “far-sighted” made me think of Leonard. And it’d certainly be a shock, but fans would probably love to finally see some progression in that relationship. haha

Admittedly the only other show in this gallery that I watch is Glee, and Rachel is a ridiculous suggestion. haha

4. Luu says:

It can’t be Beckett. It can’t be Beckett. It can’t be Beckett. It can’t be Beckett. It can’t be Beckett. It can’t be Beckett.

5. M says:

As a fan of Grey’s, it would be so lovely if it were Meredith! :) But didn’t you have an item the other day about Alicia (The Good Wife) getting surprised by news about a “P” word? I thought it was partner track but…

6. Melissa says:

I think all the references to “blind” & “far-sighted” might be referencing Leonard’s poor eyesight on BBT, so my guess is Penny.

7. babygyrl says:

it has to be homeland because she is pregnant in real life and was starting to show.

8. Kate says:

It’s Meredith! Already heard that someone on the show is pregnant and since she “can’t” get pregnant, she will be shocked…yay!

9. Mimi says:

My guess is Rachael Berry. If this were to happen her she would be shocked,Finn would be shocked, Kurt would be shocked. She would assume her life was over. Also there is a spoiler on E! that she gets and older love interest soon, and becomes a “maneater”.

10. Krithika says:

I want it to be Kate and don’t want it to be Kate. I’m afraid that it’ll be too soon and at the same time i would feel so disappointed if it wasn’t her. Ugh why did i even read this article?!

11. joanna says:

how can robin even be on the list?? she cant have children remember?? and oh God in heaven please do not let Penny be the one !!!!!

12. josie says:

if it’s rachel im going to kms

13. b says:

It doesn’t say of the two its Serena I think that picture was chosen to be misleading my money is on Blair fans would love it and it would happen sometime next month which fits the sometime over the next three months it doesn’t say it will be three months from now

14. MollyPed says:

Silly…you just had a spoiler alert about Alicia having a surprise that starts with “P” and ends with “that’s all I’m going to tell you.” Pregnant starts with P.

15. JB says:

I don’t see it on BBT. Chuck Lorre doesn’t seem to do the baby stuff.
    Besides after last week’s admission by Penny, it would be too predictable.

16. miranda says:

I am POSITIVE it’s Meredith grey. the fans would be completely shocked because they’ve tried so many times to get pregnant and they couldn’t. the plot twist is april having a pregnant scare and so Mer realizes she’s late. plus both shonda and Sarah Drew both love episode 9×07 and that’s when Mer will find out. it’s Meredith. no doubt about it.

17. H.Houston says:

I am thinking Meredith or Kate…. some of the others I discounted because their shows are going off the air so it wouldn’t be a huge thing if suddenly one of them got pregnant

18. May says:

I’m placing my bets on Beckett. God knows why, but I think it’s her.

• May says:

Just something I forgot to add, it can’t be Robin on HIMYM, ’cause the writers have said a million times she won’t have kids.

19. Alia says:

Meredith!!!!, and Addison will return to Grey’s for a few episodes now Private Practice ends this season.

20. Leonie1988 says:

I was kind of thinking Ziva from NCIS before I looked at the pics, now I think it might be Robin and she looses it.

21. dina says:

If it’s Carrie that would be really messed up

22. Nadia says:

My guess would be either penny, meredith, or kate. I mean come on seriously… PP, GG, and Fringe are gonna be off the air in what like 2 months? So either of those women would be a woopty freakin dooo. I feel like penny and meredith preggo storylines would be kinda blah and although its really freakin soon for little caskett babies, who wouldn’t want to watch a control freak NYPD detective and an overgrown man child delve into that storyline?!?!

PS…. CASTLE is NOT BONES and the storyline would be done completely different.

23. Michelle says:

“far-sighted” like the Observers

I’m going to make a huge leap and say it will be Olivia on Fringe, yes, even though Etta just died. From the beginning of the last episode, we know she and Peter are at least sharing the same bed. I’m going to guess that the baby observer from season 1 that had such a bond with Olivia and was stuck in Walter’s through the looking glass world in the episode before last is their child since Peter now has the Ovserver tech in his head, maybe it somehow affected the child too and he’s the key to stopping the occupying Observers somehow. I just rewatched Inner Child this weekend and since they’re having such fun this season with callbacks to season one, it would be fitting. And the ending between the child and Olivia was just… odd.

24. Little Scarf Girl says:

I’d be fine either Leslie or April getting pregnant on Parks and Rec. They haven’t explored a story like that before, so it’d be fun. I’d also be fine with Penny, since it would shake up the show a little bit and would be fun for some laughs. No idea how they’d handle things after she had the baby, though, since Penny works as a waitress and she and Leonard are so off-and-on.

25. EastCoastTVFan says:

First time commenter. I just had to say that if it was Penny from BBT, I think the interactions with Sheldon/Messy Baby would be hilarious!! And/or Penny goes into labor early while Leonard is away for his work, leaving Sheldon being the only one to help her. It could be great.

26. Sarahthebaker says:

While I realize this is NOT a possibility as the character isn’t in the gallery, but this got me thinking it would be hi-larious for Snow White and Charming to have a baby brother/sister for Emma…OH the entertainment! :)

27. Brandy says:

I think its Addison or Meredith.Addison cause Shonda said she would give her a happy ending and Henry’s birth mom returns so maybe Addison loses Henry but gets pregnant?Or maybe she keeps Henry and gets pregnant.Meredith cause she and Derek have been having a lot of sex and it would be a shock after hearing it would be very difficult to conceive and it would be much needed happy news after Lexie and Marks deaths ect.I also feel fans would be happy if it was either of these two.
    I also think it could be Serena or Blair cause Blair slept with Chuck in Monte Carlo but then the show picked up three months later and in a couple weeks it’ll be Thanksgiving,so Blair would know by now.Plus,spoilers said a time jump in the series finale and there’s pics of a little. Dark haired boy Lily plays with so maybe Chair has a kid in the future?SErena was sleeping with Steven and just had sex with Dan in 6.6 and i the finales time jump the little boy with dark hair Lily plays with could be her and Dans child.I also feel like fans would love a Chair or Derena kid.But would GG make Blair pregnant again?I also am not sure Chair or Derena want kids or would be good parents.The clue said”revealed on air “within the next three months” so it could be Serena or Blair from GG even though the show is ending in mid Dec.

28. Considering Marlowe’s love for slow and steady (which I think is really working for him), I think it’s very safe to say it won’t be Beckett. And as much as I love the Castle baby fanfics, I think for the show I’d rather have the relationship evolve organically, rather than have it jump a million steps, like it did on Bones…

29. Brandy says:

As for Addison, it would be a great way to end the show,with the character who’s wanted a baby for a long time finally having one of her own.I hope it’s not Zoe on HoD-Wade is nowhere near ready for fatherhood and I wouldn’t be surprised if Zoe isn’t either or dosent kids want kids cause of her messed up family.Plus,she and Wade just started being together -it’d be too soon-and theyre just friends with benefits not in a real relationship or soulmates and Zoe’s supposed to have a new love interest soon.Plus,I want her with George and wouldn’t be happy.
    I hope it’s not Penny on BBT.Shes in no way ready to have a baby with Leonard,it took a year or two of dating for her to say I love you,she rejected his marriage proposal,broke up with him the first time he told her he loved he and she slept with one of his best friends..They are on different time zones when it comes to thier relationship.I kinda feel he loves her more than she loves him.Also,it would be jumping thee shark like Friends did when Ross & Rachel had Emma.Though I’m personal opinion, bbt has already jumped the shark having Raj and Penny sleep together.

30. Shera du Sud de la France says:

Meredith GREY of course !

31. May says:

Well, Alicia and Peter just had sex AND in Ask Ausiello it was mentioned that Alicia was having a surprise that starts with P (which I still hope is Partnership, considering it was mentioned by Will on this week’s episode). I’m still hoping this is a red herring and Leslie Knope is the one knocked up (wyatt-knope baby or babies!!!!), but unless the pregnancy comes really out of nowhere, Alicia is the most likely candidate, as of today.

32. Andie says:

After watching the last night’s episode of the Good Wife, I’m leaning towards Alicia now. It’s going to be fantastic. Let’s wait and see in three months. :)

33. Babar Suhail says:

So Meredith is pregnant!

34. Jordyn Coats says:

I believe that Castle and Beckett have been together for four years now.

I also know that a pregnancy story line doesn’t have to be what most people think it to be. If the writers do this right, it could be a serious, but well thought out conflict in our thickening plot that is Caskett and Castle.

If Kate were to keep this a secret from everyone except Castle and then keep working with the Precinct, something catastrophic could happen which could complicate issues with a baby. Would that bring the two closer together or drive them apart? At this point in their relationship, the screenwriters are continuously trying to pull them apart or bring them together. That’s how the writing process goes. This could be just that kind of manipulation.

If they do this right, it could be very intriguing. I’d love to dabble with this script.

35. Sarah says:

It’s Meredith. It was revealed at the end of last week’s episode.

36. Katherina says:

Why isn’t Nikita include? Because Nikita is engaged, and supposedly Alex and Sean ‘do it’ so there a possible clue, also what about Emily from Revenge, anything is possible.