Blind Item: Someone's Got a Bun in the Oven — and We're (Kinda) Naming Names!

This isn’t so much a blind item as it is, say, a far-sighted one. But, before I explain why, let me give you your clues:

* As the headline on this story foretells, a certain female character is about to be paid a visit by the stork. (Her delicate condition will be revealed on air sometime in the next three months.) What the headline doesn’t hint at, however, is that the gal in question is a lead on an established series (i.e., more than a season old).

SPOILERS | Scoop on Scandal, Mad Men, Vampire Diaries, Parenthood and More in Ask Ausiello!

* When Madame X finds out that she’s with child, she’ll be — understatement alert! — shocked. Fans of the show, by contrast, will likely love the plot twist.

Now, as for the “far-sighted” element of this “blind” item: The mystery woman is one of the 13 suspects included in the gallery below. So, before your hit the comments, take a look and hedge your bets!

1. Britta Unfiltered says:

Please don’t let it be Carrie. A pregnant Carrie would really slow down the action next season and make the show just a bit too soapy. Penny seems like the most likely candidate.

2. My initial instinct was Olivia on Scandal (I know, weird) but out of the options my guess is it’s between Leslie, Penny and Addison.

3. JJ says:

Kaley has tweeted that she has awesome news to share tomorrow. Is she preggers in real life and will they right it in??

4. Stacey says:

Meredith of Grey’s Anatomy. Shondra apparently tweeted that fans are going to love what is coming for Meredith and Derek soon… And she doesn’t think she can have children without procedures affecting her health. And they now have Zola. Perfect time to say, presto. Baby. Also probably put some tension in Owen and Christina as they try to reconcile if Owen sees Meredith and Derek yet again expanding their family… It’s not Penny because they have said she still need a lot of growing up to do. Kate on Castle. Would be too early. And would be revisiting what BONES went through with adding a kid. So yeah, I think it’s Meredith! Fans will love it. And Meredith will be shocked!

5. Faith says:

Has to be Penny. Kaley just tweeted this

Hey @BigBang_CBS fans! I have a big surprise for you TOMORROW!!!
    #staytuned
    #soexcitedaaaagghhh

6. cjeffery7 says:

because you seem so enthused about this development, and confident fans will also be enthused, i’m gonna narrow it down to Penny, Kate, Leslie, and Serena. the latter because there seems to be a lot of blind items about Gossip Girl.

7. Harry says:

When I read this, I immediately thought of Leslie Knope.

8. Annefan says:

Hoping for Meredith… She’s got a hostile uterus and thinks she can’t get pregnant so it would be a surprise… And shonda rhimes tweeted 2 weeks ago about a juicy storyline coming up for merder that would make fans very happy…

9. cjeffery7 says:

in my heart of hearts i would love it to be olivia, but i REALLLYYY don’t think that’s where fringe needs to take things LOL. too much other important stuff going on.

10. Karen says:

If its castle I bet its Jenny

• Jessica says:

She’s not in the gallery, plus I read somewhere they’re announcing a ryan/jenny pregnancy in the christmas episode.

11. Lucy says:

I hope it’s Beckett but my guess is Claire Daines since she is about 4 mo along in current episodes, but they are doing a good job of hiding it so who knows?!

12. J says:

Carrie pregnant by a terrorist?! Golden tv and she has been filming while preggers

13. Lyndsay says:

I don’t watch a bunch of these but the ones I DO watch: *faints and passes out*
    How much credibility should we give to the shows that are ending though?

14. aleksa says:

Kate was the first person to pop into my head even before seeing the gallery.

15. Butt monkey says:

If it’s Alicia (which I would love BTW) that BETTER be Will Gardner’s baby!

• A says:

I don’t think it would be. She stopped sleeping with Will halfway through the third season so unless they sleep together in the next few episodes (since he said it would be revealed within 3 months) and I think it would be more likely for it to be Peter’s since I think when she came to his bus a few episodes ago and kissed him and the episode ended, there could be more to it.

16. aidagda says:

I was expecting Blair, not Serena, but I hope is Zoe although Carrie from Homeland seems the most obvious one

17. Bea says:

3 of them are infertil..?

18. Josh says:

Hoping its penny from TBBT it would fufill the prophecy from leonard in the pilot

19. RW says:

For the love of everything good and wonderful…PLEASE ANDREW W. MARLOWE…DO NOT LET IT BE KATE BECKETT…NO NO NO!!

20. Betty says:

Before I saw the pictures in the gallery, my thought was Meredith, so I will stick with that. I do think Penny pregnant would be very fun to watch, but even funnier would be watching Sheldon interact with a baby.

21. Julie says:

Just the picture of Olivia Dunham scares me like hell. I certainly don’t see how she could be pregnant and give birth in less then 8 episodes left. And, to be honest, I wouldn’t love it at all. To me, it would be wrong on so many levels.

Addison and Meredith? After what they’ve gone through, that would be a bad joke…almost an insult to them and their fans.

And the others…well I don’t care.

22. Katie Hart says:

For the shows I actually watch: I don’t think it’s Robin, they already went through the pregnancy scare/not able to have kids thing with her. I don’t think it’s Penny, it would change the dynamic of the show too much (though I could see Bernadette expecting). I don’t think it’s Kate – Castle is too much like Bones already, so to pull a similar just-got-together-whoops-we’re-pregnant thing would be way too copycat. I could see Fiona – something to get Michael out of the spy life – but even though the renewal is shorter, it’s not said to be a final season of Burn Notice.

23. Anna says:

Dude, including Robin is SO mean. It’s impossible and you know it.

24. mar says:

Meredith Grey

25. Kate says:

My first thought was Alicia, but it’s been to long since she’s been with Will for it to be a good thing. My next guess has got to be Carrie on Homeland.. now that would be insane! No pun intended.

26. Rosalind says:

My money is on Zoë Hart. Couldn’t help but think of her when I was reading this… Would definitely be interesting.

27. Ivy says:

So glad Castle fandom didn’t fall for it. Marlowe would never let Kate get pregnant this early in the relationship, they are still in their honeymoon phase so I bet if Kate ever gets pregnant it will be at the end of the show.

28. Leigh says:

My first thought here was Meredith from Grey’s. I know that should be surprising given her condition but, hey it’s Shondaland, we should expect the unexpected (or rather Meredith should ;p).

My second thought was Kate, and I’ve never hoped to be more wrong about a blind item… I think it’s wayyy too soon in terms of the show – and I like to think if she and Castle had a baby that it would be planned. I don’t think we’ve seen enough progression in their romantic relationship to be able to give credibility to a pregnancy right now… Next season maybe :))

29. tw says:

“Fans of the show will likely love the plot twist” … well, that eliminates Rachel Berry (!), Carrie from Homeland (that would be a “jump the shark” moment for the best show on TV), even Alicia from Good Wife (at least in my mind).

Fans of Castle, Private Practice and Grey’s would love that twist, I’m guessin’.

Not on the list, but I was going to go with Olivia Pope, from Scandal. Ha!

30. Sarah says:

I think its Alicia Florrick on The Good Wife. Ausiello said she’s getting something with a “p”. It could be a pregnancy, lol. Lockhart and Gardner can’t afford to give her a promotion.

31. adrienne says:

I’m going with Alicia but will the father be Peter or Will?

32. Kristina says:

Personally hoping it’s Olivia from Fringe or Leslie from Parks and Rec. I feel like maybe Olivia pregnant would be something the fans will love more though considering what has happened so far this season.

33. Penny, Aicia, Meredith or Leslie

34. Mel says:

Olivia, final season, beautiful storyline, but don’t actually have to do anything with it, just have her pregnant

35. Got to be Robin from HIMYM! The article said she’d be shocked. What’s more shocking than realizing you’re preggers after being told you’d never have kids?

Besides, the show never outright said she’d never be a mother. It said she’d never be a pole-vaulter if you remember. And HIMYM is just cheeky enough to reneg on what they were insinuating by that statement (we all thought it was code for mother) and make her a mom after all.

My money is definitely on Robin.

• jen says:

The creators confirmed independently that she would never be a mother and they rarely, if ever, baldly lie about things like that. They also confirmed that in the third season of the show. It ain’t gonna happen.

36. A says:

I thinks its Alicia. When he said in the Ask Ausiello yesterday that she has a surprise and it started with a “P”, I immediately thought it had to do with Peter but it could be Pregnancy. And I remember a few episodes ago at the end she came to Peter’s bus and kissed and scene ended him so it could be that they slept together,
    That would have been something I would never have expected but it would actually make for an awesome storyline moving forward and seeing a pregnant and hormonal Alicia Florrick battling in a courtroom would be beyond awesome!!

37. fede says:

I think (well, I hope) it will be Meredith.. She isn’t infertile, for her it’s very very hard to get pregnant, but not impossible! Ausiello said also that in Grey’s someone will be pregnant so…

38. Hugo says:

Amber from Parenthood!
    EW broke the news that someone from that show would get pregnant.

39. Julia says:

I’m going with Sarah Braverman (Parenthood) or one of the Parenthood ladies. Mainly because of yesterday’s edition of Ask Ausiello :x

40. Kira says:

If its Rachel from Glee then I´m donde with that awful show.
    I hope its Penny from TBBT.

41. Sarah says:

Alica or Meredith

42. Jim says:

Either Penny on TBBT or Fi on Burn Notice. They’d be most “shocked”.

43. Susan says:

Alicia from The Good Wife

44. jen says:

Robin is pretty obviously NOT pregnant in the flashforwards to the wedding (which is this is the last season would take place in about six months). So… uh, pretty much knocks her out.

• Lisa Lady says:

Also because future ted said that she’ll never be a ‘pole vaulter’ aka mother! it was stupid to even include Robin on this.

45. Kay says:

Meredith HAS already been pregnant so it could be her. It would also be a shock because she’d never expect it.

I’m thinking it will be Meredith Grey or Leslie Knope. Maybe even Addison Montgomery.

46. Elizabeth says:

I would love it if it was Robin on HIMYM, but I have a feeling it will be Carrie on Homeland since the actress is pregnant in real life.

47. JoyAnne says:

I’d like it to be Alicia with Peter’s baby. Not Will s. That would give more bad publicity to Peter’s campaign and I want him to win. I’m logging in as JoyAnne as I see there is another Joy on here.

48. Ben says:

Please, please, please be Penny.

49. Jessica says:

MEREDITH! Hoping it’s her. Goes with Shonda’s tweets about juicy storyline coming up for MerDer, for the season.

• Tess says:

I agree! I really hope it’s Meredith Grey. After everything she and Derek have been through it’s well deserved. And naming the baby Mark or Lexie would be such an incredible tribute to those characters. Fingers crossed :)

50. Sam says:

If it was Meredith that’d be such a cliched trope on Shonda’s part. I really hope it’s not her.