Scoop: True Blood Adds English Hunk to Season 6 Cast as Sookie's New Love Interest

Rob Kazinsky True Blood Season 6Move over, Bill. And Eric. And Alcide. There’s a new man in Sookie’s life — and he’s putting down stakes in Bon Temps.

True Blood has tapped English actor Rob Kazinsky (EastEnders) to join the Season 6 cast as a series regular, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | True Blood EP Alan Ball Drops First Season 6 Clues

Kazinsky — whose biggest TV credit stateside was an arc as a doctor on Brothers & Sisters — will play Ben, a highly charismatic faerie who takes a liking to Sookie (and vice-versa) and helps Sookie and Jason delve deeper into the mystery of their parents’ murders.

This marks True Blood‘s second major Season 6 hire. As TVLine reported last month, acting vet Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) has also come on board in the series regular role of Macklyn, a mysterious and sinister figure with deep ties to Sookie and Jason.

RELATED | True Blood Scoop and Spoilers 24/7

True Blood‘s sixth season is slated to premiere in June.

Press PLAY below to see Kazinsky in action in the short film Cowboys, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Can you picture him with Sookie?

1. sirena says:

I didn’t read the books and I HATED what they did last season. I hate the fairy plot growing and the love triangle

2. sirena says:

I didn’t read the books and I HATED last season. I hear there is no Lafyette and more fairy stuff. I love Lafyette and hate the fairy stuff. So the new fairy BOO! Last season the destroyed things by having sixteen different parallel plots running with no connection and killing the reason why people tune in every week: Sookie being torn between Bill and Eric surrounded by an awesome supporting cast of CONNECTED story lines. If they are going to keep this route my only hope is they end the series because like a bad wreck I can’t look away until it is over.

3. Staci says:

He’s hot and hopefully will just add to the eye-candy of the show. As for everyone complaining that they are not following the books, I think you need to remember that it is loosely based on the books and is not going to follow them exactly. I love the books but I also love the show. Take each as separate entities and just be happy that we have them. Yes, Eric and Sookie belong together but not because that’s what the books say, they just make the best couple.

4. Melinda says:

I still want to see a real romance between Sookie and Eric. This guy is just another roadblock to a season that will drive TB fans wild! Nothing against this actor, but he’s not Eric…and THAT’S who the fans want to see with Sookie.

5. Helen says:

Okay people, grow up a bit – television series are never the same as books else everyone would already know what was about to happen – I have and always will love True Blood – best show on my screen so far and they do keep all the basic storylines of the books – season one was book one – season two was about Dallas and the maenad – season three was Bill getting abducted – season four the sexy Eric was cursed by witches – and in season five, Sweetie Des Arts went around killing shifters! So what if there are differences? It makes the show unique and not a clone of the books – both the show and the books are great and either way, we’re getting two different unique storylines so we get more of the characters overall – don’t moan – be happy about it! I certainly am! I can’t wait for season six and I sincerely hope that it won’t be the final season – they should do 13 seasons to match the number of books and basic plots. Oh, and I think it’ll be great to see Sookie have a faery relationship – that is new and fresh and not seen in the books. But of course she’ll end up with Eric in the end anyway…

6. Lara says:

I love this show, but it`s becoming quite predictable. As someone said, they should focus more on already existing characters and finally hook up Eric and Sookie for good. Seasons 1 and 4 were the best in my opinion.

7. Debbie says:

If the series strictly followed the books, LaLa would be dead in the second season. I would like to see Jason’s identical cousin and their faerie great great grandfather. But that is what happens when you sell the tv/movie rights on your work. The result is “based on”, just ask Anne Rice. We know she was pleased with “Interview with the Vampire”, but “Queen of the Damned” was not nearly as good and way off on story line.Just putting my 2 cents, but if we want a long lasting series, they have to go outside of the books….Gonna miss Russell Edgington :(

8. Sherry St George December 11,2012 09:30 PM says:

I Love the show True Blood, can’t wait for it to come on, I wish it would be on for longer.

9. Dani says:

How many books are there ??

• Connie Lee says:

There are twelve actual Sookie Stackhouse SVM books published. Number thirteen, which CH has said will be the last one, is due out next spring. There are also half a dozen short story collections that contain a SS story. Plus, there’s a SS ‘companion’ book. I bought it, but my dog intercepted the mail delivery and demonstrated, as good as Amazon dotcom packaging is, it is NOT pitbull proof.

10. Ldn says:

Rob kazinsky is most famous in Britain for his role in Eastenders. He played an unhinged tough-nut ladies man. He could be good. Can’t Wait.

11. Truefan says:

More Eric and less new players with uninteresting boring subplots.

12. stephanie says:

Nothing like adding another Person for her to wh*ore around with. I mean common. In the Books she isn’t a person to sleep around. Yet in the show they make it like she opens her legs for anything. Which I don’t think is right. So adding another person for her to sleep with is just disturbing. Give her character some dignity. We all know she is supposed to be with Eric. Let her stay that way. They make a great couple!

13. Deanna Migliaccio says:

I think sookie will be not interested at first, but who knows she might fall for his sort of charm if he has the same sort of act. But I still agree that Sookie should be with Eric again, I miss them together, they should make it work :)

14. Kimberly says:

I have never read the books, but I am getting tired of all the new characters and the lack of development on the original characters. Also, this new love interest of Sookie’s, really, no offense but he isn’t good looking (nice body, but face just isn’t there). He isn’t even close to the caliber of the man who plays Eric. I loved season 4, but really struggled through season 5. I found myself forwarding through the subplot stories to get to the main characters and their stories in each episode.

15. Rachel says:

I also agree that t should be Quinn like in the story. But seriously what are they doing I get what someone said that they don’t want to follow the books exactly. But this doesn’t even resemble the story in the books any more and there’s rally no way to go back.
    The whole vampire religion authority thing was beyond stupid by far my least favorite season I hope it gets better.

16. The Author says:

I had hoped when Alan Ball left we may see a little more of the books in this “loosely based on the books” tv show. I’ll still watch for the eye candy and the unique storylines, but there were some key plot elements from the books I really would have loved to see play out on tv.

17. sonya says:

I know why this season sucked. Anna was pregnant when they filmed the shows. I wish they would follow the books closer. Claude at Hooligans. Barry the bus boy and sookie saving the vamps and people in the hotel fire. Jason actually turning into wearpanther.

18. Ziia says:

Last season was so ridicilous, I don´t know why they always need to have ten different plots going on. I love Terry but that whole fire demon part was completely unnecessary. I wish they would focus on the main characters and forget all that Lilith crap. The writing is so bad but I keep watching because of Eric.

19. Sherry says:

meh…

20. abiboyaa says:

wasnt he stacey slaters brother in eastenders lol :/ Yeah he is ok but he isnt ERIC which is who Sookie is meant to be with there is still a side to Eric I want to see sooooooooo bad

21. Natalie says:

Nooooo, the whole dynamic of the show will change!!
    If she not with bill or Eric she should b with the wolf!!!!
    Do not want her to b with someone new!!!

22. kelly carberry says:

I don’t get why some people comment nasty on links like this if you don’t like the way TB is going then simply don’t watch then you wont no what is going on I Loved him in eastenders so can’t wait and see what happens with him and Sookie

23. Vicky says:

I’m team Eric all the way. They had a great chemistry together. It’s too bad the writers don’t see that. :(

24. brandy says:

Hey all! I am in love with the books too but if they don’t switch it up then we will have only 14 seasons as Charlaine Harris’ final book to the series comes out May 7. I personally hope to have more than 14 seasons as i don’t want it to end! Cable One told me that the next season will return July 2 so expect it starting a little later this year due to the wonderful Anna Paquin and Stevem Moyer’s arrival of their twins. Also they will be also be adding Sookie’s fairy king great grandfather this season. But we need to stop complaining about it not following the books to a t because I have fallen in love with characters not in the book such as Jessica, Luna, and a vamipire Tara, but I would have liked to see Jason turn part werepanther! And i do want to see Quinn so I think he will still be in one of these seasons so patience people! Enjoy the fact that we get such an amazing series based on such an awesome book series! Remember to pre-order book 14 because do we really know that she’ll end up with Eric? In book 13 he’s engaged to another vampire queen and remember she saved Sam with the fairy artifact which could only be used if that was her hearts desire filled with love. So I’m thinking she will end up with Sam.

25. Shae says:

When I had a brief chat with Joe Manganiello at DragonCon a couple of years ago, he mentioned how hard the big cats are to work with on set. I would assume that Quinn was written out for the same reasons that Jason’s werecat storyline was written out – big cats are too difficult! They would rather work with real animals and not cgi effects.

26. Anon says:

WOW another love interest for Sookie, surprise surprise!

27. Laura says:

oooohhh sean of eastenders! looking forward to this

28. alex says:

why is there no quinn? :(

29. Trisha says:

This show is on a dangerous, slippery slope. Stop bringing in characters that aren’t in the book. Nobody cares about them and would fast forward if they could. When this series first started I couldn’t wait for them to get to season 7, because book 7 is my favorite but they have made too many huge, story altering changes that I know it won’t be anything like the book. Charlaine never should have given hbo creative license.

30. tarah says:

Y’all are full of it. The show is great and her new love interest is perfect for sookie. I love the show. Aswell as the books

31. Aolani08 says:

I’m team Eric and Sookie…..and no old vampires or any new vampires with their pity party or wanting people to feel sorry for their mere existence is going to change that. I say if you don’t like being a vampire meet the sun like Godric did. I think for Sookie to embrace her supernatural side she needs a strong person standing by her side that embraces their supernatural side. The only person that I’ve seen that can and is willing to see Sookie for who and what she is is Eric. Eric: ” to me you will always be that person in the white dress”. No Sookie ladies don’t talk like that or Sookie ladies don’t act like that or Sookie what would your Gran think or say. To Eric Sookie is just plain old Sookie nothing more or nothing less and if the writers and producers fail to explore that then phooey on them. Sookie has spent the greater part of the series trying to figure out where she belongs and what her purpose is with Eric she just fit she didn’t have to wonder.

32. aolani08 says:

Counting down the days until you meet the sun Benlow. You fit your purpose now we know a fairy can be turned and still enjoy food and the sun, goodbye