Scoop: True Blood Adds English Hunk to Season 6 Cast as Sookie's New Love Interest

Rob Kazinsky True Blood Season 6Move over, Bill. And Eric. And Alcide. There’s a new man in Sookie’s life — and he’s putting down stakes in Bon Temps.

True Blood has tapped English actor Rob Kazinsky (EastEnders) to join the Season 6 cast as a series regular, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | True Blood EP Alan Ball Drops First Season 6 Clues

Kazinsky — whose biggest TV credit stateside was an arc as a doctor on Brothers & Sisters — will play Ben, a highly charismatic faerie who takes a liking to Sookie (and vice-versa) and helps Sookie and Jason delve deeper into the mystery of their parents’ murders.

This marks True Blood‘s second major Season 6 hire. As TVLine reported last month, acting vet Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) has also come on board in the series regular role of Macklyn, a mysterious and sinister figure with deep ties to Sookie and Jason.

RELATED | True Blood Scoop and Spoilers 24/7

True Blood‘s sixth season is slated to premiere in June.

Press PLAY below to see Kazinsky in action in the short film Cowboys, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Can you picture him with Sookie?

1. A says:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

2. fia says:

Why a new guy??!!! For Me it will always be Eric and sookie!!! Stop skewing Everything up with some new guy!! I just say, TEAM ERIC forever!!!

3. kadi d says:

I would love if they did more from the books. It would be great if they brought Quinn into the show. But I’m sure they won’t because he would have already been in the picture. I’d love to see a weretiger =D

4. Ok, someone’s going to have to clue me in on who Ben is… Ben the Bellboy? But I thought his name was something else in the book. I can’t remember who Ben is from the book same goes with this Macklyn.

5. kadi d says:

I do love her with Eric though Rawr hehe In the books she’s still with Eric.

6. Bree says:

Don’t get rid of Eric or LaLa. Sookie needs to workout things with Eric. He the only one that can protect her anyway. Looking forward to Pam & Tara development. Love how Eric says she is family now. Work on Jason panther line…let that play out more.

7. kadi d says:

The bell boy is Barry there is no Ben in the book that i remember

8. Lisa says:

I love the show and can’t wait to see next season. Hope there is lots of Eric and Alcede. I never read the books and I’m glad I didn’t. I do think that Sookie belongs with bill. She just isn’t Eric’s type. They need a new love interest for Eric. And what about Jason that poor guy needs some love too.

9. Mary says:

I have read all the books and watched the first 2 seasons on dvd and watch 3-some of 5th on an interenet site. I remember Sookie having alot of love interests. This new fae character, I dont remember. But they did choose a hunk to play him. Thumbs up for that.

10. Jackie says:

aren’t the fae supposed to be horribly ugly if you see their true form? which she has? yuck.

11. Volanges says:

He looks so dull compared to Eric or Bill! Disappointment…

12. Cheree says:

I would like to see Quinn at some point. And having Bill as King??? Come on! I personally love Alcide and Sookie, but I seem to be alone in that. If it can’t be him, then it should be Eric…I’m just sayin!!!

13. Brandy Wagoner says:

I understand the show doesn’t have to follow the books but I’m tired of all these new characters and events that have nothing to do with the books. The show is becoming too congested with unknown characters and evolving ridiculous story lines. If you are changing the story Mr Ball, at least leave us the characters we love from the books – we need Quinn, her witch friend….too much fairy – not enough vampire!

14. Crystal says:

NOOOOOOO, I have been hoping for Eric and Sookie to fall back in love!!! Wtf TB???!!

15. Mahlkita says:

I’m a fan of the book series, too, and I don’t m

• Mahlkita says:

Oops… Hit send by accident…
      I don’t mind their straying from the books at all, as long as it’s good writing. That’s where they’re slipping, unfortunately. And some of the storylined from the books are not all that spectacular. Quin is not a great character, but they could’ve improved him if they wanted to at least throw the fan base a bone. They’re just doing a mediocre job… What’s goin on?? The Lilith stuff and thr faerie stuff was pretty lame. Generally, the writing seems to be getting worse each season. Which happens to coincide with their making up their own major storylines- they’re just not very good- sorry guys. Bummer, b/c I really enjoy the show, but less and less overtime. Too bad.

16. Rachel says:

Come on people I LIKE that they don’t follow the books. Sure they put a little of the books in,but I like to be surprised and I look forward to the next show because of it. I also read the Game of Thrones series and HBO fallows the books pretty closely….I know almost exactly what’s going to happen in every show.I have been let down by HBO on GOT because the books build up scenes so wonderfully and they just are not done justice on The show. So keep up the good work TB and keep us guessing.

17. Angela says:

Comic Con 2011 Alan Ball said S4 would be the last that followed the books. He said he will bring elements from all the books into the show, but wanted TB and Sookie Books to be 2 different animals. Even Charlene Harris has said they are different. The Bill Eric and Sookie triangle is over. Get over it. Bring on the guys. But, I must say I’m a little disappointed that her and Alcide didn’t hook up. I hope they keep his story and involved some way with Sookie. He is just too hot.

18. ediamond1979 says:

Anyone who has read ALL of the books can pretty much guess who Sookie will end up with in the next, and sadly, last book. That said, Alan Ball has stated several times that the show is “loosely” based on the books. I like watching the show because I feel like I’m getting extra stories. Some of the changes I find ludicrous, but it’s just a show, and I enjoy watching the new interpretations.

19. Darrell says:

Don’t hate me for what I’m about to say but…???!!! If you follow the story as deeply as I do then you’ll notice that anything or even everything bad that happens is 90% sookie’s fault! Her character is really getting dated and even predictable in most cases. they now need to focus on there interesting characters b/c spoils new love triangle is simply getting boring…. I know someone agrees …..

20. kate says:

listen… if you dont like the show… DONT WATCH! like someone said before, the show is unpredictable and that if you all forget, eric glamoured alcide to not be attracted to sookie anymore so its safe to say alcide is out of the picture as a love interest. as for bill and sookie, lets be realistic and say that relationship wont be back on the table for a while. last season the story line was heavily based on the authority and russell edginton, so sookie did take the backseat role for a while. as for quinn, yeah it would be great for him to be introduced this season, but there is still a LOT of time till the season starts and that they are still filming episodes when the season starts anyways. who knows what alan ball will bring this season but get some patience and wait. it shouldn’t be a surprise that they are pushing the fae relationships, for that you had the maenad in season two, dallas as well, amnesia eric, the wtiches and last season with the authority. we dont know what will happen this season, so if you are fans, stop bitching about quinn and wait to see what they have in store for us.

21. gerri says:

if they go by the book Lafayette would have did by the 2nd season

22. summer says:

Agreed. I have no interest in new ‘love interests’. Nothing came of Sam or Alcide….what was the point of that? And the love interests of the other characters (esp. Sam) are confusing and hard to keep up with. I’ll always prefer the Sookie/Bill relationship. That was the relationship the series was initially based on and the one with the greatest chemistry. I always hung onto the hope that the series would lead back to that…although with Bill’s “death” in season 5, I find the doubtful. Seems like we’re having the Sookie/Eric relationship forced onto us now.. and then throw in another love interest fairy to the mix to confuse us even more! Ugh… I’m reading the books now hoping for something better.

23. Sammie says:

They need to stick to the books! That is why we all use to enjoy the show! And for those of you who do not know the real story, read the books!!!

24. Sammie says:

And FYI bill and sookie don’t end up together because bill is a lier! Read the books!

25. Amanda says:

If it interfers with Alicide scenes, then I’m pissed! Alicide is by far the hottest thing on True Blood.

26. Nenya says:

Why is it SO HARD to make Eric the freaking love interest ?!?!, finally Bill is out of the way and YET they cast someone else, a character as deep and entertaining as Alcide I’m sure *rolls eyes* that will end up dying and no one will care about. But Eric will still be cast aside because this show will never make him the leading man for sookie.

JFC!

27. alyssa.ann says:

WOW. Way to ruin a perfect story line HBO! Did your writers even read the books? I like that they made the show a little different, but after last season and now this…I think i’ll only tune in with hopes alexander skarsgard will take his shirt off! Get your crap together TRUE BLOOD…you are going to lost so many viewers!

28. Cynthia Jones says:

BEN?? Who the hell is Ben??? Where is Quinn?????

29. alyssa.ann says:

Oh…and to the person thinking Sookie ends up with bill? There are TWELVE books right now….after the third book Sookie and bill are DONE…..NEVER TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN!

• Nenya says:

But the only thing this show has in common with the books are the character’s names so far.
      Honestly I’m not bothered about not following the books, I’m bothered about the viciously constant way to cast Eric aside as a real love interest for Sookie.

30. Brina says:

I stopped watching after the second season. Love the books, but the show just made me mad. Too far from what I loved in the books.

31. Drea says:

As far as sookie NEVER being with a fae, that’s wrong. In a Christmas short story she was given a Christmas present in the form of a fae lover.

32. newfmad says:

This series has become less and less like SVM and are taking on more and more elements of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series!
    (The Authority=The Vampire Council, dealing with outgoing were packmasters, they even called the packleader Marcus!!)
    This series is ‘based’ on the SVM books, (and, I think, ABVH elements!) and shouldn’t necessarily follow them too closely, but to have moved this far away from those stories without coming up with some strong alternative storylines in place is a mistake.

33. Tamara Rymer says:

When is Quinn coming? And his family issues?

34. Jinx says:

I think the only things the show has in common with the books are the names of the characters, bars & towns. I love the show but when I watch it I try (key word TRY) to not think of the books & vice versa when I read the books otherwise I’d just be so disappointed in both. They really can just drop the fairy theme as far as I’m concerned. I’m hoping that they do bring Quinn to the show, after Eric he’s my favorite character from the books.

35. Rhonda says:

Maybe Sookie can regain some of her fairy powers back being with a fairy man. Her fairy finger powers were becoming weak.

36. jen says:

come on hbo youhave embelished the story to the point that its no longer following the books. im all for team eric…. would love to see some more bare back ends…..gerrrrr

37. Cara says:

I am officially team Eric, No other Man will do!!!!!! This new guy is all wrong for the part, that’s my opinion!!!!!!

38. Cara says:

I love True Blood!!!!!!!!!!

39. Michelle says:

I don’t think Sookie needs another love interest. I think Eric is enough of an interesting story. I loved the books and for the most part the show more however, she never was into the faire in the books. I want to see more of Eric and Sookie! Oh well…

40. AL says:

first of all glad to see there is going to be a season 6 (was a bit worried) nice to see they are expanding in thee fairy thing sookie needs a little bit of light and lets hope he’s a furry as bill WOOOOOF

41. Shellie says:

Is he going to be playing the were tiger in the books cos I just don’t see him as it!

42. Abates says:

So long Bon Temp!! I kept watching last season until the finale~waiting for the writers to bring back TB’s quirky dark charm~& got nothing! This story line is whip lash from getting so far out there they can never reel it back in. Too bad! I was waiting for the Eric/Sookie reunion~guess that is out!

43. jennifer says:

Is there gonna be a season 7 to true blood

44. Alisha says:

Who’s this clown?? Ugh just when I had hope that Sookie and Eric would get back together again, him without amnesia this time. Why do they always have to interject a new love interest? Can’t they just stick to the story lines of the characters we know and love for awhile? I actually really loved the first four seasons, I thought they had good character development and story lines. This past season, ehh, it was kind of a disappointment. The season finale left some hope for a better season 6, but now you’ve got this cheesy faerie romance happening? Which by the way, I think is completely implausible that Sookie would hook up with a faerie anyway. They really don’t seem like her type.

45. auds says:

I don’t know what the hell people are complaining about with Quinn not being in the series. Quinn was a boring and useless character who never even slept with Sookie & he was a friggen mommas boy to boot. I’m just pissed they’re preventing her from being with Eric. I also hate the BS that Bill is a king. His character is an adorable computer nerd who would do anything for Sookie. They made him into a crappy character.

46. serious quit says:

Well since we seen he with bill, eric, alcide so seening her with the new guy will be nothing new

47. mnrno says:

I have read all the books (very entertaining) and watched all the seasons (been hooked since day one). I came to terms with the fact that the shows are purposely NOT following the books long ago. Some of that is bad (I will miss Quinn), but some of that is good (love that they kept Lafayette). Even Russell turning into the fearsome character he became on the show was more fun than his character in the books. That said, I was glad he eventually came to a “true” end too.

So… I’m OK with totally new story lines and expanded development of the characters. But… I have to say, I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the the whole hyper-religious “Authority” plot and SOOO put off by “Billith”!!! I hope the Authority dies a horrible, messy death. But… oh wait… they did… and not fast enough!!!

I think that Sookie and TB have so many really good characters right now that they do NOT need another love interest for her to spice up a following. I HOPE this is not a sign that they are grasping at straws story-wise. I HOPE they have some good ideas for exploring the existing story lines. The Fae have been VERY weak up to now: killed too fast; mostly defenseless. And we only see the “beautiful” ones. We need to see the fierce monsters that some of them are. Maybe this will be explored with the family “contract” on Sookie. I don’t know. But if I’m going to be anything but annoyed by the Fae in TB they need to do something to give them some depth and grit.

What I do know, is that if they don’t quit this “Authority” story line, and fast, and start to develop stories with meat that will make us care (even for the bad guys) I will drop this show — no matter what British Hottie they choose to throw in with Sookie (and he IS dreamy).

48. Connie Lee says:

I’m going to pass along some information about CH which has haunted me since about the 5th or 6th SS:SVM books: She likes to write ‘serials’ and when she gets tired of the characters she winds it all up and starts a new series. In at least one of those series, the Aurora Teagarden mysteries, she started the heroine, Roe, off single with no love interest, then introduced new boyfriends in each new book until Roe met the love of her life, and married him. She (CH) kept him (the husband) around for a couple of books, then killed him off. Roe was alone for another book or two, then in the last book in the series she re-met the first guy from the first book and the two were poised to walk off into the sunset at the end of that book.

If I had read the Teagarden books first, I probably never would have picked up the first SS book.

Prepare yourselves guys. CH is evil, she’s capable of anything, up to and including staking Eric and Bill to clear the way for Sam, Alcide or Ben (new guy in TB). So perhaps we should count our blessings and be glad AB didn’t follow the books too closely.

49. wahidroket_ says:

What about Claude? I thought he’s supposed to be regular next season.

50. Red Jane says:

He’s cute so lets wait and see?