TVLine Items: New S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Cast, Jersey Shore Vet Lands MTV Talk Show and More!

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot SpoilersTwo new S.H.I.E.L.D. team members have joined the cast of Joss Whedon’s buzzy ABC pilot.

British beauty Elizabeth Henstridge (Hollyoaks) and Scotsman Iain De Caestecker (Young James Herriot) are the latest to enlist in Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., The Hollywood Reporter reports. The actors fill the roles of science expert Gemma Simmons and tech whiz Leo Fitz.

Previously cast in the pilot were ER alum Ming Na (as Agent Melinda May) and Clark Gregg (who will reprise his role as Agent Phil Coulson, from The Avengers and other recent Marvel movies).

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• MTV is staying in business with Jersey Shore vet Vinny Guadagnino. On Tuesday, the cabler announced that it had ordered The Show With Vinny, a hybrid talk show/reality series that will place big-name celebs in the fan fave’s Staten Island home.

RELATED | MTV, Jersey Shore Cast to Host Live Fundraiser for the Storm-Ravaged Jersey Shore

• Mena Suvari (American Horror Story) and Henry Simmons (NYPD Blue) will co-star in Stalkers, a TV movie/backdoor pilot for Lifetime. The project follows a cop with a troubled past (Drea De Matteo) and an ambitious DA (Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) who work together to bring a stalker to justice.

• Ex-New Kid on the Block Joey McIntyre will guest-star on an upcoming episode of 90210, EW.com reports, playing a music manager working with Dixon.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Terrell Owens Scores Cameo

• Matthew Lillard has joined FX’s drama pilot The Bridge, per The Hollywood Reporter. The potential series centers on one American and one Mexican detective (Diane Kruger and Demian Bichir, respectively) who work together to find a serial killer operating on both sides of the border. The Scream actor will recur as a heavy-drinking reporter.

• E! has renewed Married to Jonas for a second season.

• Syfy’s Ghost Hunters will premiere Season 9 on Jan. 16, 2013, at 9/8c.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (18)

• Every British actor should just move to the states… they seem to always get cast in series regular roles over there!
    Haven’t seen the guy in anything I can remember (though he is quite cute!), but Natasha Henstridge hasn’t really impressed me in what I’ve seen of her (Hollyoaks and The Thompsons). Still it’s a Whedon show… and he is usually a genius when it comes to casting! So will reserve judgement till I see it, really can’t wait for this show though!!! Here’s hoping it gets picked up, I need some form of Whedon on TV again!!!

Comment by GC – November 13, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Natasha Henstridge hasn’t really impressed me in what I’ve seen of her” – Natasha Henstridge and Elizabeth Henstridge are, in fact, two different people.

Comment by Simon Jester – November 13, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Iain De Caestecker was on The Fades which was REALLY good, mostly thanks to him, so I’m excited!

Comment by Josh – November 13, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still hoping that HIMYM would end after this season and Cobie Smulders would join the cast.

Comment by Dee – November 13, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So when is Tom Welling going to be cast?

Comment by Pao – November 13, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where did this need for tom welling to be cast in shield come from? dont get me wrong i thought he was very good in smallville but why does anyone think he would fit in here? i just dont see him working as a government agent, he hasnt got the right (struggling for the right word here) body language for the part

Comment by Alan – November 13, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved him in Smallville but if he wants to enjoy time off, that’s his buisness. I don’t see why every role that comes up has to have Tom Welling suggested, no matter if he fits the role or not.

Comment by Sara – November 13, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Iain De Caestecker in The Fades. Always thought he was going places and happy to see him join the Whedon-verse fold.

And I second the Cobie Smulders motion. Love, How I Met Your Mother but it’s time to end it and move on.

Comment by Brian – November 13, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I knew I remembered Iain from somewhere. He was brilliant in The Fades.

Comment by Sara – November 13, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be fantastic review on television Tom Welling! In addition to being a good actor and a beautiful man. Too bad that does not have powerful friends!

Comment by Susan – November 13, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Tom WELLING !I hope that Tom return to more ‘soon on TV! Yes I want Tom!

Comment by Mary – November 13, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why is mtv still giving work to these idiots?
    anyway more shield casting is always good news. ive no idea who these guys are but then again i had never heard of most of the main cast of wheadon’s various shows and they were always spot on so little known my well be a good direction for the casting of the show to go

Comment by Alan – November 13, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom is ‘an actor so will fit’ very well to the best of many actors considered good “by Oscar. ‘Tom Welling go!!

Comment by Sarajh moss – November 13, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Mac! Love him! He’s not an “ex”-New Kid On The Block, though, the group is still very much together!

Comment by Dave – November 13, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love when Whedon finds people I’ve never heard of and places them in really high-profile roles. Means they’re gems! The man is a genius when it comes to casting (except, sometimes, with the lead role. I didn’t like SMG or Eliza Dushku, and I like David Boreanez much more on Bones)

Comment by Rachel – November 13, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed. When I see him casting people I’ve never heard of, in some ways I think that is a better outcome and makes it more exciting, for me, because I am not inherently comparing them to anything or worried about their fit for the show.

Comment by ben – November 13, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Iain was great in The Fades. I was disappointed when they announced there wouldn’t be a season 2. But very happy to have him on my screen once again!

Comment by Terry – November 13, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s actually very complicated in this active life to listen news on TV, thus I just use world wide web for that purpose, and get the most up-to-date information.

Comment by make money from home – April 25, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post