ABC's Nashville Gets Full-Season Pickup

Nashville Gets Full SeasonYee-haw, y’all: Nashville has received a full-season pickup from ABC.

The country-music soap starring Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere recently rose in the ratings, nabbing 6 million viewers and a 2.0 rating last week.

RELATED | Nashville Adds True Blood Wolfman

In addition, the network ordered three additional scripts for the Friday night comedies Last Man Standing and Malibu Country.

In October, ABC ordered full seasons of both its sophomore drama Scandal and its freshman comedy The Neighbors.

Tags: ,

Comments (36)

• How?????? Not that I’m not thrilled but seriously how?????

Comment by Eve – November 12, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A 2.0 at 10 pm isn’t that bad. The 10 hour is usually hard for most shows. Scandals getting like a 2.0-2.1 demo rating and it got a full season. I think they were looking to see if Nashville stabilized. It’s no revenge but its giving decent ratings I think. And yay!!!! I’m super excited

Comment by Anna – November 12, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • have you even watched it??? It’s amazing!

Comment by Jessica – November 12, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No I agree its fantastic. I meant ratings wise it’s not doing the same as revenge. But I love Nashville it’s great!

Comment by Anna – November 12, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, given how great some of the songs are on the show, I’m sure ABC is thinking about some soundtrack tie-ins as another way to generate revenue from this show.

Comment by big cheddar – November 12, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. It is all about money. If they can make money selling soundtracks, that is a point in the show’s favor. I bought the two duets by Scarlett and Gunnar, “Fade Into You” and “If I Didn’t Know Better”.

Comment by MoxieSue – November 13, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because (I am hoping) ABC realizes that a good show is worth keeping on and signaling trust-worthiness to the viewers, so they give it a chance with a full season pick up?

Comment by wi – November 13, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you mean Nashville, not Nasvhille ;)

Comment by joules – November 12, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY such a good show! The music is enough to keep me watching.

Comment by Courtney – November 12, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good!!! love it

Comment by Elyse – November 12, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for them. I gave up on it because I thought Rayna was annoying but I am always glad to hear good news for network shows. Networks cancel too quickly these days. :)

Comment by Amanda – November 12, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This fall, its been the opposite case which is intriguing. Networks are refusing to cancel any show unless it does really horribly. Made In Jersey and Animal Practice are the only cancelled shows.

Comment by John – November 12, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! I was worried that it would be canceled :)! But that’s good news.. hope they change the show to a better time slot by midseason.

Comment by LE – November 12, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very glad to hear this. It’s not as showy and epic as I (and I imagine a lot of other folks) were expecting, but the subtleties and believable messiness of those characters keep me coming back every week.

Comment by wordsmith – November 12, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My objection so far was that some songs kept repeating too much (but I guess they wanna promote them in the show as well), and that Rayna/Deacon relationship was getting a bit repetitive – hopefully they move away from it.

Comment by wi – November 13, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good! We’re really enjoying the show and the music !

Comment by JAO – November 12, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about this. It takes a while for a show like this to find it’s groove. Glad ABC is giving it a chance.

Comment by Amy – November 12, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as stefon from SNL would say: YESyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesYES!

Comment by cjeffery7 – November 12, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The music is good but I don’t love the story lines and some of the cast. Maybe I need to keep watching and it will grow on me

Comment by Joanie Sullivan – November 12, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad!! love this show! it is picking up steam!!!

Comment by mel – November 12, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dropped this show after 3 episodes.

Comment by ABC – November 12, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for the Nashville team and their fans. The show will get better – I agree w/prior comment from wordsmith – the show is not as showy and epic as I had thought it would be (it is more a standard soap), but there is potential there, and the cast is dynamite.

I think ABC has other headaches to tackle at this point, and they need to choose their battles. They need a replacement for Private Practice, probably at least a temporary one for 666 Park, and perhaps one for Last Resort. Nashville will make alot of folks at ABC breath a sigh of relief if the overall viewer number and demo ratings begin to climb. It looks like they have stablized, now Nashville needs to build on that.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – November 12, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they’ll repleace PP’s currently timeslot with Body of proof. And as for 666PA ( which it totally seems is going ti get cancelled ) maybe they’ll repleace it with ‘Mistresses’. They still have zero hour and red widow at least :/

Comment by Daniel alvarez – November 12, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear this show has got a full season. Its great and the ratings are good enough for 10pm. The game is changing now and hardly any show is that big at 10pm now. You have to reassess the ratings and a 2.0 in 2012 could be a good thing.

Comment by greysfan – November 12, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Except Revolution, no other show even gets above 2.5 no matter how big their lead-in’s are.

Comment by John – November 12, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to like this show but I’m starting to get bored with it, especially Hayden who is not likable. ever.

Comment by Samantha – November 12, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this show and was afraid it would get the ax due to ratings and demo. I’m glad ABC is giving in a chance to find it’s audience. For those that don’t like country music, I say give it a chance. I’m not that much of a fan either but I like most of the songs on this show. The leads are outstanding and the supporting cast is great too.

Comment by SD – November 12, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprising, both Scandal and Neighbors got full seasons, and they have nowhere near the positive press Nashville gets, and to top it off Nashville is a great show(the same can’t be said for the neighbors), and could potentially gain viewers due to positive word of mouth overtime.

Comment by Meg – November 12, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville’s great for a 10pm show, it helps me fall asleep.

Comment by Kavyn – November 12, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! Started watching because I like Eric Close (Without a Trace) but ended up sticking around for Charles Esten (Whose Line is it Anyway?)

Comment by Maria – November 13, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me so happy, I love Nashville! I’m hoping they tweak the show a bit (please lose the political crap) but even if they don’t I’m in for the long haul!

Comment by Rain – November 13, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. Let’s send Teddy off to prison for a few years for fraud, and get this show on the road!

Comment by Amy – November 13, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love, love, love this show. Can’t wait for each new week. Hoping ABC does a sound track!!

Comment by Tina – November 15, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to bring the heat. The show should bring in country artists and work that angle, too. BMLG is home to some of the biggest stars in the business. They need to get them on the show. Like the country music version of “Entourage”? I kept waiting for some of that…and it wasn’t there.

Comment by Justsayin – December 19, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent show. I love this show very much. i want every time watch this show but sometimes I miss it.

Comment by Dhiman Sarkar – February 5, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post