ABC's Nashville Gets Full-Season Pickup

Nashville Gets Full SeasonYee-haw, y’all: Nashville has received a full-season pickup from ABC.

The country-music soap starring Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere recently rose in the ratings, nabbing 6 million viewers and a 2.0 rating last week.

RELATED | Nashville Adds True Blood Wolfman

In addition, the network ordered three additional scripts for the Friday night comedies Last Man Standing and Malibu Country.

In October, ABC ordered full seasons of both its sophomore drama Scandal and its freshman comedy The Neighbors.

1. Eve says:

How?????? Not that I’m not thrilled but seriously how?????

• Anna says:

A 2.0 at 10 pm isn’t that bad. The 10 hour is usually hard for most shows. Scandals getting like a 2.0-2.1 demo rating and it got a full season. I think they were looking to see if Nashville stabilized. It’s no revenge but its giving decent ratings I think. And yay!!!! I’m super excited

• Jessica says:

have you even watched it??? It’s amazing!

• big cheddar says:

Well, given how great some of the songs are on the show, I’m sure ABC is thinking about some soundtrack tie-ins as another way to generate revenue from this show.

• MoxieSue says:

Exactly. It is all about money. If they can make money selling soundtracks, that is a point in the show’s favor. I bought the two duets by Scarlett and Gunnar, “Fade Into You” and “If I Didn’t Know Better”.

• wi says:

because (I am hoping) ABC realizes that a good show is worth keeping on and signaling trust-worthiness to the viewers, so they give it a chance with a full season pick up?

2. joules says:

I think you mean Nashville, not Nasvhille ;)

3. Courtney says:

YAY such a good show! The music is enough to keep me watching.

4. Elyse says:

good!!! love it

5. Amanda says:

Good for them. I gave up on it because I thought Rayna was annoying but I am always glad to hear good news for network shows. Networks cancel too quickly these days. :)

• John says:

This fall, its been the opposite case which is intriguing. Networks are refusing to cancel any show unless it does really horribly. Made In Jersey and Animal Practice are the only cancelled shows.

6. LE says:

Yay!!! I was worried that it would be canceled :)! But that’s good news.. hope they change the show to a better time slot by midseason.

7. wordsmith says:

Very glad to hear this. It’s not as showy and epic as I (and I imagine a lot of other folks) were expecting, but the subtleties and believable messiness of those characters keep me coming back every week.

• wi says:

My objection so far was that some songs kept repeating too much (but I guess they wanna promote them in the show as well), and that Rayna/Deacon relationship was getting a bit repetitive – hopefully they move away from it.

8. JAO says:

Good! We’re really enjoying the show and the music !

9. Amy says:

So happy about this. It takes a while for a show like this to find it’s groove. Glad ABC is giving it a chance.

10. cjeffery7 says:

as stefon from SNL would say: YESyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesYES!

11. The music is good but I don’t love the story lines and some of the cast. Maybe I need to keep watching and it will grow on me

12. mel says:

So glad!! love this show! it is picking up steam!!!

13. ABC says:

I dropped this show after 3 episodes.

14. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Happy for the Nashville team and their fans. The show will get better – I agree w/prior comment from wordsmith – the show is not as showy and epic as I had thought it would be (it is more a standard soap), but there is potential there, and the cast is dynamite.

I think ABC has other headaches to tackle at this point, and they need to choose their battles. They need a replacement for Private Practice, probably at least a temporary one for 666 Park, and perhaps one for Last Resort. Nashville will make alot of folks at ABC breath a sigh of relief if the overall viewer number and demo ratings begin to climb. It looks like they have stablized, now Nashville needs to build on that.

• Daniel alvarez says:

Maybe they’ll repleace PP’s currently timeslot with Body of proof. And as for 666PA ( which it totally seems is going ti get cancelled ) maybe they’ll repleace it with ‘Mistresses’. They still have zero hour and red widow at least :/

15. greysfan says:

Glad to hear this show has got a full season. Its great and the ratings are good enough for 10pm. The game is changing now and hardly any show is that big at 10pm now. You have to reassess the ratings and a 2.0 in 2012 could be a good thing.

16. Samantha says:

I want to like this show but I’m starting to get bored with it, especially Hayden who is not likable. ever.

17. SD says:

I like this show and was afraid it would get the ax due to ratings and demo. I’m glad ABC is giving in a chance to find it’s audience. For those that don’t like country music, I say give it a chance. I’m not that much of a fan either but I like most of the songs on this show. The leads are outstanding and the supporting cast is great too.

18. Meg says:

Not surprising, both Scandal and Neighbors got full seasons, and they have nowhere near the positive press Nashville gets, and to top it off Nashville is a great show(the same can’t be said for the neighbors), and could potentially gain viewers due to positive word of mouth overtime.

19. Kavyn says:

Nashville’s great for a 10pm show, it helps me fall asleep.

20. Maria says:

Yay!! Started watching because I like Eric Close (Without a Trace) but ended up sticking around for Charles Esten (Whose Line is it Anyway?)

21. Rain says:

This makes me so happy, I love Nashville! I’m hoping they tweak the show a bit (please lose the political crap) but even if they don’t I’m in for the long haul!

22. Tina says:

I love, love, love this show. Can’t wait for each new week. Hoping ABC does a sound track!!

23. Justsayin says:

They need to bring the heat. The show should bring in country artists and work that angle, too. BMLG is home to some of the biggest stars in the business. They need to get them on the show. Like the country music version of “Entourage”? I kept waiting for some of that…and it wasn’t there.

24. Excellent show. I love this show very much. i want every time watch this show but sometimes I miss it.