America's Best Dance Crew Cancelled by MTV

America's Best Dance Crew CancelledAmerica’s Best Dance Crew has shaken its last leg.

After enduring seven seasons on MTV (and one PR minefield, when judge/choreographer Shane Sparks was the target of child molestation allegations unrelated to the program), the Randy Jackson-produced dance competition has been cancelled by MTV, Variety reports.

RELATED | MTV Renews Awkward For Super-Sized Season 3, Cancels Jersey Shore

ABDC — which enjoyed one of the better acronyms of any TV show — opened strong in 2008, averaging 2.7 million weekly viewers and a 2.5 rating in the cabler’s 12-34 target demo. This summer’s Season 7 finale, however, drew barely over a million viewers.

In a statement cited by Variety, MTV says, “We are grateful to Randy Jackson and [production studio] Warner Horizon for having brought our audience seven amazing seasons of dance… and look forward to more successful and dynamic entertaining collaborations in the future.”

RELATED | MTV Reunites Jersey Shore Cast for Live Hurricane Sandy Fundraiser

Were you a fan of ABDC? Where do you think it ranked amongst TV’s assorted dance competitions?

Comments (96)

• Even me that i live in Nigeria that cant watch the ABDC Live, but watch after the season has ended.

Iam still Poked, Pierced and cheated. So bring ABDC back before i ANGRY.

Comment by Calvin – May 30, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Iam still Poked, Pierced and cheated. So bring ABDC back before i ANGRY…

Comment by Calvin – May 30, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was one of the best dance shows on tv. It showed hip hop and b boying that no other dance show really shows. I am very disappointed that this show is coming to an end.

Comment by Luke – June 1, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love ABDC. This show needs to return to television. I want to know how I would go about starting a petition to bring this show back. My children has started a little dance group from watching this show ever season that it has been on the air. PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK

Comment by Shantee – June 18, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring the dance show back. We love the show. It may have only had a million views but at least those million enjoyed watching the shoe. Which proves that many people do like the show and they should give one more shot. Maybe the people just didn’t like the dancers that year. Please let ABDC continue.

Comment by Ulyssa Fernandez – June 19, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring it back. It was the only dance show i really liked. I used to watch it over and over again

Comment by Lorena – July 6, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …I practiced for nothing…
    I’m 13 years old, I was inspired by 8 Flavahz.
    My friends and me wanted to audition and get on the show,
    Now its cancelled?!
    This has been my dream of going since Season 1.. now ill never be able to achive it…

Comment by Destiny Estrella Bentley – July 24, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It really sucks. I’m a dancer myself. Me and my crew were really looking forward to a new season and were hoping to audition and actually make a living out of something we feel so passionate about. I mean there are other dance shows.. But abdc was our main goal, and we really were looking forward to it…

Comment by apollo – August 3, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! It was our main goal too.

Comment by Destiny Estrella Bentley – August 4, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was my FAV show I think it is going to be hard to find some other show like that and I was mad happy when they has a Boston crew because I knew one of them so I’m glad it lasted that long Hope they can bring it back maybe on an another channel or something but I do not know about that just hoping

Comment by AmAnDa – August 16, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the fact that im 2 miss abdc makes mi want 2 sob!!!pliz randy can you pliz find a remedy 4 diz

Comment by agzi gabby – August 26, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should open back ABDC all the show and talents now are singing, I wanna see different dancing styles of different people
    And I wanna represent my crew too 😄

Comment by KRK – September 21, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’d really like this show to open again we like the crews that represent them that came from the real streets .
    We think, if the show opened again a lot of people would watch it including us 😄 we will also be one of the first that would join the show 😄 hopefully it will open again

Comment by First class 💥 – September 21, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • even we from africa especailly nigeria enjoy d show pass,,,,am a dancer n am hoping to be on dat show oneday,,,,Africa wants ABDC bak!!!!!

Comment by bentoreflex – October 15, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • During seasons 1-3, I never missed an episode. I always watched even though I had school the next day. I watched most of season 4 but tuned out after season 5.

Comment by Kelsie – October 19, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did they cancel this show, MY ABOSOLUTE favorite show, i am litterally depressed, even though they cancelled a few months ago i was looking foward ABDC season 8 and mabey one day being on the show, it inspired me to dance and learn isolations, i just hope another channel offers to pick up the show, please bring back ABDC!!!

Comment by Colin – October 27, 2013 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they just give the show on another channel? MTV is not the only channel out there!

Comment by Elba – February 21, 2014 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There r Soooo many music shows but not a lot of
    dance shows America’s best dance crew was my favorite I need it back

Comment by kiesha – March 3, 2014 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post