America's Best Dance Crew Cancelled by MTV

America's Best Dance Crew CancelledAmerica’s Best Dance Crew has shaken its last leg.

After enduring seven seasons on MTV (and one PR minefield, when judge/choreographer Shane Sparks was the target of child molestation allegations unrelated to the program), the Randy Jackson-produced dance competition has been cancelled by MTV, Variety reports.

RELATED | MTV Renews Awkward For Super-Sized Season 3, Cancels Jersey Shore

ABDC — which enjoyed one of the better acronyms of any TV show — opened strong in 2008, averaging 2.7 million weekly viewers and a 2.5 rating in the cabler’s 12-34 target demo. This summer’s Season 7 finale, however, drew barely over a million viewers.

In a statement cited by Variety, MTV says, “We are grateful to Randy Jackson and [production studio] Warner Horizon for having brought our audience seven amazing seasons of dance… and look forward to more successful and dynamic entertaining collaborations in the future.”

RELATED | MTV Reunites Jersey Shore Cast for Live Hurricane Sandy Fundraiser

Were you a fan of ABDC? Where do you think it ranked amongst TV’s assorted dance competitions?

1. Calvin says:

Even me that i live in Nigeria that cant watch the ABDC Live, but watch after the season has ended.

Iam still Poked, Pierced and cheated. So bring ABDC back before i ANGRY.

2. Calvin says:

Iam still Poked, Pierced and cheated. So bring ABDC back before i ANGRY…

3. Luke says:

This was one of the best dance shows on tv. It showed hip hop and b boying that no other dance show really shows. I am very disappointed that this show is coming to an end.

4. Shantee says:

I love ABDC. This show needs to return to television. I want to know how I would go about starting a petition to bring this show back. My children has started a little dance group from watching this show ever season that it has been on the air. PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK

5. Ulyssa Fernandez says:

Please bring the dance show back. We love the show. It may have only had a million views but at least those million enjoyed watching the shoe. Which proves that many people do like the show and they should give one more shot. Maybe the people just didn’t like the dancers that year. Please let ABDC continue.

6. Lorena says:

Please bring it back. It was the only dance show i really liked. I used to watch it over and over again

7. Destiny Estrella Bentley says:

…I practiced for nothing…
    I’m 13 years old, I was inspired by 8 Flavahz.
    My friends and me wanted to audition and get on the show,
    Now its cancelled?!
    This has been my dream of going since Season 1.. now ill never be able to achive it…

8. apollo says:

It really sucks. I’m a dancer myself. Me and my crew were really looking forward to a new season and were hoping to audition and actually make a living out of something we feel so passionate about. I mean there are other dance shows.. But abdc was our main goal, and we really were looking forward to it…

9. AmAnDa says:

This was my FAV show I think it is going to be hard to find some other show like that and I was mad happy when they has a Boston crew because I knew one of them so I’m glad it lasted that long Hope they can bring it back maybe on an another channel or something but I do not know about that just hoping

10. agzi gabby says:

the fact that im 2 miss abdc makes mi want 2 sob!!!pliz randy can you pliz find a remedy 4 diz

11. KRK says:

They should open back ABDC all the show and talents now are singing, I wanna see different dancing styles of different people
    And I wanna represent my crew too 😄

12. First class 💥 says:

We’d really like this show to open again we like the crews that represent them that came from the real streets .
    We think, if the show opened again a lot of people would watch it including us 😄 we will also be one of the first that would join the show 😄 hopefully it will open again

13. bentoreflex says:

even we from africa especailly nigeria enjoy d show pass,,,,am a dancer n am hoping to be on dat show oneday,,,,Africa wants ABDC bak!!!!!

14. Kelsie says:

During seasons 1-3, I never missed an episode. I always watched even though I had school the next day. I watched most of season 4 but tuned out after season 5.

15. Colin says:

Why did they cancel this show, MY ABOSOLUTE favorite show, i am litterally depressed, even though they cancelled a few months ago i was looking foward ABDC season 8 and mabey one day being on the show, it inspired me to dance and learn isolations, i just hope another channel offers to pick up the show, please bring back ABDC!!!

16. Elba says:

Can they just give the show on another channel? MTV is not the only channel out there!

17. kiesha says:

There r Soooo many music shows but not a lot of
    dance shows America’s best dance crew was my favorite I need it back

• Dancewrd says:

Agreed . I loved the show, it needs to come back to MTV. The show was the only reason why i watched MTV but now, shows like Teenmom, 16 and pregnant, Valleys, geordie shore Etc. Are just ruining the channel.

18. neo says:

I was really hopping. so my grew could perform for abdc

19. esty says:

I loved the show, its so sad that it was Cancelled.

20. Emma says:

I dont think they should cancel because someone that want to do a dumb mistake… i know it might sound stupid but shan sparks didnt make the show or even helped that much i want the show back. … he can get wat he derseve but the fans want the show back

21. Chris Ortiz says:

Although i was more of a fan of the earlier seasons with the jabbawockies super crew and quest crew being all my favorite picks i am really dissapointed about the cancellation i always looked forward to every season i was even a huge fan of the final season most wanted crew being my personal favorite Brian puspos choreography is absolutely brilliant but i am still to this day waiting for more

22. Andreas Westphal says:

Please make further, it’s even in Germany the best, we have nothing you can Compare it, don’t stop it, bring it back to Germany and other Countrys and you will come forward, PLEASE!

23. Anthony says:

I Wish This Show Came Back Its The Best And Made Everybody Love Dance Better Than Ever 7 Seasons Should Have Went On Not Because Of One Person But For Kids And Adults To Do What They Were Made To Do People Should Remake This Show With A Bunch Of New People And Should Make It BetterThan Ever With Mario Lopez Please Make This Show # 1 Again