Hot Video: The Following's Super-Terrifying, Super-Sized New Trailer

If the newest trailer for Fox’s upcoming thriller The Following is any indication, you might not want to watch this show in the dark by yourself.

RELATED | Exclusive: Ringer‘s Mike Colter Joins Fox’s The Following as FBI Bigwig

The series — from Vampire Diaries EP Kevin Williamson — centers on a cat-and-mouse game between serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) and retired FBI profiler Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon). Through the wonders — or evils, depending on how you look at it — of technology, Carroll creates a cult of murderers, one of whom is glimpsed doing something pretty horrific in the following video. And that’s just a small taste of the pilot episode’s scares and thrills.

The Following debuts on Monday, Jan. 21 at 9/8c.

Press PLAY to watch the preview, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (20)

• Kevin Bacon on TV! That alone makes it worth checking out

Comment by Zeph – November 9, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sweet.

Comment by adam – November 9, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • man i bet Fox wishes they had the Super Bowl this year. Just image the ratings this show would pull in if it debuted behind the Super Bowl

Comment by gary – November 9, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks good, I’ll give it a whirl!!

Comment by Lisa – November 9, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad it’s on Fox.

Comment by Renee – November 9, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it looks awsome…will absolutely be watching.LOVE Kevin Bacon.

Comment by C – November 9, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it looks Awsome I’ll definetly watch anything with James Purefoy in it. I saw him at NYC Comic Con, that is one sexy man.

Comment by Patricia – November 9, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw him (and I mean ALL of him) on the TV show Rome. You better believe I will be watching this show!

Comment by Jess – November 10, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well i’ve seen ALL of kevin bacon too

Comment by neve – November 11, 2012 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t see anything shocking. Did I miss something? And if its that bad, wouldn’t it be on cable instead? Whatever it is, I am super stoked about seeing Kevin on the screen.

Comment by Ana – November 9, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy :)

Comment by Holly – November 9, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg…wow. That looks awesome. But I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to watch it in the daytime.

Comment by CJ – November 9, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is this going to be a show where they catch one serial killer in each episode, or what?

Comment by JJ – November 9, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a HUGE Kevin Bacon fan and can’t wait for The Following to premiere but something tells me this won’t be the hit Fox is hoping for. Hopefully I’m wrong

Comment by Antonio – November 10, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First episode will be good. The rest will be like the other 90 percent of TV, the show will turn into a weekly procedures mess and it’ll be cancelled after a season.

Comment by luke – November 10, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well i was going to use Scream 1 & 2 vs. 3 & 4 as proof but this works as well.

Comment by Keenan – November 11, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw the pilot at NYCC. It is awesome. Great music and suspenseful.

Comment by diane – November 10, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it looks good but i wouldnt say shocking or scary

Comment by david – November 11, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks good. Kevin’s Bacon and Williamson involved – I’m in!!!

Comment by Sparky – November 11, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone have an idea what Natalie Zea’s role in the show will encompass?

Thanks