Exclusive

Exclusive Glee Photo: Blake Jenner and Melissa Benoist as Grease's Danny and Sandy

Grease was the word on the lips of Glee fans Thursday night as the cast list for McKinley’s production of the classic ’70s musical was announced.

Snagging the lead roles of Danny and Sandy were rookies Ryder (Blake Jenner) and Marley (Melissa Benoist), and we’ve got a first look at the pair channeling their inner John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John in next week’s episode.

RELATED | Glee Shocker: A Big Comeback Looms — Who Do You Think It Is?

The following image, captured during a performance of “You’re the One That I Want,” also features a glimpse of Jenna Ushkowitz’s Tina as Jan and Jacob Artist’s Jake as Putzie.

Check out the image below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Is this cast the one that you wanted?

Glee Season 4 Grease Danny Sandy

1. Heya says:

The new episode is really boring!! I kind of like the old cast back!! Glee would never be the same! The old cast is GLEE!!!! I don’t like the new kids!!

2. AJ says:

No one has mentioned that Matt Morrison’s character “Mr Shu” is leaving for a 3 month period. Lets see if Lea or Kurt bump into April Rhodes while eating lunch or getting in and out of a cab somewhere in NYC and April offers Kurt a part in her show? Be a great story line if Kurt gets a part and becomes a star before Rachel…while she is still stuck studying at Nyada.

• sylvia says:

Totally like your idea! Please tell us that you are actually Ryan Murphy’s spy.
      If the original characters especially with such good moral+attitude as Kurt’s / Tina/Mercedes got successful, it will be climax and good sample for all teenagers.
      The new kids are ok for beginners, and they should be in the background this season.
      Why don’t they do it smoothly, introducing the new characters.
      We were all so absorbed to those great relationships some episodes back.

3. rakusukira says:

okay people need to stop hating on the new kids!! and they are no carbon copies of the originals!!

Noah is soo much different than Jake, although they both have issues, Noah was more of the showy bully and very self-confident in the wrong kind of ways whereas Jake is a little tamed, and insecure and he still doesn’t know his place. With his poor financial status, I say Jake is going to be a very sensitive guy cause boys who are close to their mothers seem to be so.

marley and Rache;s’ differences are so obvious, I can’t believe people are comparing her to Rachel. I mean, Rachel is as annoying as F* and is always concerned about being the star of the show. Marley is ssoooo down to earth , yet again like Jake, because of her poor financial status. Yes, her voice is not as strong, showy and overtly annoying as Rachel’s but she definitely deserves to be a star. Fitting choice for a girl who wishes to be a radio singer. Rachel wanted to be on broadway so of course her voice is like that.

I can’t say so much about ryder yet but I’m definitely not liking him as of now.

Kitty is in no way similar to Quinn! Quinn dated Finn to be popular but Kitty dated Jake because she actually likes him A LOT. you can see it in episode 5, Kitty pretty much gave away through words and facial expression how much she wanted Jake’s attention (family problems I suppose.. but I have a hint she’s adopted)

and in all honesty, as a glee fan since season 1, i just can’t wait for the old cast to just disappear already and focus on the newbies. Glee is about a highschool glee club!!! sheesh people, grow up!!!

4. basak says:

I think most of you are thinking wrong. I don’t like Kitty’s personality either but I think she and Jake killed it in Everybody Talks performance. On the other hand maybe her story is quite predictable but Marley has an amazing voice. I mean she’s not Rachel because Lea Michele is one of a kind but anyway.. I like Ryder a lot. He’s a good person with amazing stage performance and sweet dance moves. I believe the cast is chosen right. They cannot keep a highschool show going with the original cast. I liked the newbies and I’m looking forward to the next episode

5. evelyn says:

I love glee and it pleases very much the new index though I surprise very much a reachel and kurt kiss the argentina

6. Kate Von Trapp says:

I LOVED Marley as Sandy (she’s the best Sandy of all the cast, of course), but I really wanted Jake to be Danny. I feel like Ryder just came here and got the roll. Yeah, he’s a really good singer and dancer, but I think Jake deserved it. And I love Marley and Jake’s couple. I’m so happy Kitty is Patty Simcox, cause I don’t like her at all. And I didn’t want Wade to be Rizzo. In my opinion, a guy must be portrayed by a guy, and a girl by a girl. Even if you feel like a girl, you’re not, and you can’t change it. You were born this way, accept it!