Holiday Hot Shots: It's a Very Castle Christmas

It’s beginning to look a lot like… Castle‘s very first Christmas episode, and our (early) gift to you is a stocking full of first-look photos from the festive outing. But first, kids: Earmuffs! There’s a dead Santa ahead!

VIDEOS | Sneak Peek: Castle & Co. Amusingly Rock the ‘Mockumentary’ Format

In the ABC drama’s first episode to mark the Yuletide holiday (and airing Dec. 3), Castle and Beckett hunt for the person who killed Santa when a bearded, rotund man in a red Santa suit — and bearing an ID reading Kris Kringle — falls from the sky in Central Park.

But more to the point, the hour presents Rick and Kate’s first Christmas together as a couple. Let’s hope he didn’t buy her socks.

Check out the photos here, and share in Comments your holiday wishes the 12th precint team.

1. martina says:

Kate is defenitely laughing at that horrendous pattern on Castle’s shirt!

2. Steph says:

I don’t know about everyone else, but I am sure happy to see Castle’s scarf back. So very sexy. Can’t wait for this episode!

3. Becks says:

Awesome! Should be a fun ep!

4. leigh says:

I’m so excited for this. Its like a gift to the fans. I’ve always been curious how the people at castle would kill Santa.

5. Templar says:

I’m so hoping that Molly Quinn does a turn on Once Upon a Time as a fairy or a princess. She is the embodiment of freshness and innocence.

• TrickyGreyArea says:

One of the entertainment magazines/sites (I believe it was EW) did a list with live action recastings of Disney animated princesses a few years ago – Molly Quinn was their pick for Ariel (Little Mermaid).

6. Andrea says:

Very happy to see Nathan in a scarf again, reminds me of the first season. So excited for this episode!!

7. mia says:

Woot! I love the weird theme episodes of Castle, always so much fun. They handle the fun/serious dynamic so very well on this show.

8. cupcakes says:

Sounds a bit familiar to me oh wait Bones done this years ago

9. purplelizard says:

Picture number 5….. now THAT is what I would like under my Christmas tree this year!!

10. Jane says:

Kudos to Matt or whoever moderates for deleting the “weight” convo… I’m so excited for this ep! So much Caskett-y- Christmas-y goodness!

11. Kath says:

Looks like it’s going to be a great episode.

12. Mari says:

ASDFGHSDFG I’m excited!

13. jen says:

I’m so enjoying this season!! Moonlighting curse is officially broken!

14. Ana says:

It is ridiculous how much I’m looking forward to this episode. I love Christmas. I love anything Christmas related and I especially love it when my favorite shows have Christmas episodes. This has got to be the best Castle season ever…

15. rachelle says:

very excited for this episode!!! hopefully we’ll get some cute Caskett scenes and acknowledgments of the seriousness of their relationship. Nate looks amazing in these pics/ this season! thanks again Matt for being amazing!!!

16. pamela says:

Looks like she’s spending christmas with his family, so cute!!!

17. Lena says:

Just saying, but the “Santa-like man named Kris Kringle” murder was done in Bones Season 3. Just saying.

• sfg says:

The name Kriss Kringle does not owned by Bones, and it’s not the first time it’s been used… Why must everything must be compare to Bones? We’ll see the stories, if it’s better then Bones does that mean Bones been owned by castle? I don’t think so bcos each of the show have their own uniqness… The best will win the audience, that’s all

18. Ali, Sr. says:

ONLY ONE WISH – Terri Miller’s input on the Christmas episode. Mr. Marlowe is the creator, Terri his muse. Mr. Mitovich, CASTLE followers are a crazy smart bunch, seriously. Worldwide, all ages & gender – talented, nice bunch. Reality can be harsh, Castle is based on fiction – cast & crew a gift from the universe we are lucky to get ‘once in a blue moon’. Followers living in areas devastated by SANDY would make comments on how they missed ABC Castle Mondays. The moment their power was back, or if they could get to a warm & cozy hotel they would connect to watch replays of missed episodes. Please try to deliver this message – give them a Christmas episode to lift up their spirits & make their hearts sing in joyful hope. It does not take much when there is devastation all around you – I beg you, pass it on – MAKE CASTLE FOLLOWER BELIEVE IN THE POSSIBILITY OF MAGIC ONCE MORE…DOUBLE RAINBOWS…ALWAYS !!!

19. Randi says:

Rick Castle + Scarves = OTP <3

Seriously, the man knows how to wear a scarf. Thank you, Santa, for this wonderful Christmas gift ;)

20. Nammy says:

Pic 22:
    Hehe… I’m Castle… standing in front of a Christmas tree… OR AM I… something smells…

21. Castanati says:

Okay… I know I’m not crazy! Am I the only one who is watching Kate try to blow-up her relationship with Castle? I have been summarizing for sometime now that Kate is going to completely cross-over into Castle land until something really serious happens with Castle. And judging from the way the writers have shaped the last several episodes, something is going to happen to Castle before or near season’s end. I am about ready to slap Kate and tell her to wake up already! She made this great proclamation about the type of relationship she wants, and then she sets about trying to sabotage it! Well, anyway I can’t wait to see what’s next in Castle Land or for some Caskett Land.

22. Looks like a really fun episode. Also, on a superficial note: Beckett’s coat at the crime scene is amazing! I SO want it.

23. Maria says:

I am so excited for this episode. Nothing says romance like a first x-mas together. I think Kate is going to have a hard time at first… I think this is the first x-mas (since her mom) where she is part of a family, and that bring out a lot of feelings (insecurities) she may not be prepared to accept yet. IMO, there are going to be a lot of heartwarming moments between C&B in this eposode,and I just cannot wait to see them! I can’t wait to see what presents they give each other!!! I don’t think Castle is going to give Kate anything expensive, but rather smonething sentimental and meaningful (kate has shown this season that she is definitely into romance). I just can’t wait! and thank you AM for listening to your fans and giving us what we trully wanted this season. My next wish… hearing Kate say ILU!!! Happy Holidays everyone!!

24. BonesForever says:

This is like the Bones episode, “Santa in the Slush.”