Exclusive

Exclusive Bones Video: An 'Intense' 9/11-Related Case Makes Brennan Emotional

Bones revisits the 9/11 terrorist attacks in Monday’s episode (Fox, 8/7c) with an emotional investigation that brings even Brennan to tears, as seen in our exclusive sneak peek.

VIDEO | Exclusive: Bones Bosses Revisit Brennan and Booth’s Biggest Unsolved Mysteries

In a first for the show, five of the squinterns — Dr. Edison, Arastoo, Wendell, Fisher and Finn — team up to identify the remains of a homeless man who died as a result of that tragic day.

The storyline “brings up the event, the emotional cost and the human cost in a new way,” executive producer Stephen Nathan tells TVLine. As the Jeffersonian team pieces together the puzzle, the reality of the situation and what could have happened hits Brennan extra hard now that she has a family with Booth.

RELATED | Bones: 10 New Season 8 Spoilers, Including Finale Intel and a Near-Death Experience

“[It] affects them very deeply as a couple,” adds Nathan. “They found something between them that they had never discussed. They had never opened that wound — a wound that they both have.”

Press PLAY to watch the preview and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Tess says:

If only Emily could act, sigh.

2. madbengalsfan85 says:

Beyond excited for this episode

3. yellowbug says:

I feel like I should have the kleenex box ready to grab on monday

4. Wow. Season 8 keeps bringing us some really powerful moments. This promises to be a very moving episode. Can’t wait!!!!

5. Mark222 says:

Seems exploitative. Why deal with this now? i don’t like this one bit, leaves a bad taste in my mouth….

• madbengalsfan85 says:

How is doing a 9/11 episode exploitative? Are we trying to pretend that day never happened, that people weren’t affected? There is never a wrong time to do a 9/11 episode because it is something that will always affect us as a country and as people in general

• Meg says:

I believe that the producers are saying that they don’t want to trivialize what people went through for the sake of entertainment and making money. I believe that this is meant to honour those who have passed, not a quick attention grab because if the subject matter.

• Lisa says:

It focuses on the plight of homeless veterans. I’m not sure how that’s exploitative. Sadly, it’s a very real issue. I’m looking forward to this episode. I love when Bones goes dark.

6. me says:

THE REAL BONES IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. C says:

So excited about this episode! It looks very amazing…keep the kleenexs handy!

8. Pepper says:

What “could’” have happened? But did not? Are we talking Dr Brennan?
    I only saw the first two episodes of this season but that’s it for me, I guess.

9. Fiona says:

Ever since they got together, the chemistry’s gone down hill. And I don’t like how they’re portraying Emily’s character. She’s a great actress but now….she jst seems off somehow :-(((

10. Dragonfly says:

I re watched season 1 and 2 recently and could not believe this is the same show, Brennan is wooden and do not get the jokes, Booth started to act as he is not understanding the humans and need Sweets to explain it to him, everything beyond season 3 is forced and unnatural, where is the Bones I cherished and Loved

11. Emily Knight says:

I’m so glad to hear Wendell will be back!! I’ve missed Michael Grant Terry so much!!

12. adrienne says:

Looks like a great EP. So excited.

13. Dovey says:

Just enjoy the show!

14. Jessie Stevenson says:

Loved the last episode, with the humor at the beginning and the end… loved Emily’s dancing at the end… how come David didn’t join in?

Anyways, should be an outstanding episode tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I always love heartfelt communication in admist the darkness of some of the storylines.

15. Lori Murray says:

I think I read someone or heard a video that said this one is one of the episode’s that we didn’t get to watch from last season. so it’s actually season 7 episode that will be watching. I think their were a total of either 3 or4 that was from last season and if this is one of them than we have to more to go, because we saw one already from season 7, the one where sweet’s was working with that FBI agent. I’ll have to see if I could find that video or article some where to make sure that I wasn’t just imaging it.