Exclusive Bones Video: An 'Intense' 9/11-Related Case Makes Brennan Emotional

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Bones revisits the 9/11 terrorist attacks in Monday’s episode (Fox, 8/7c) with an emotional investigation that brings even Brennan to tears, as seen in our exclusive sneak peek.

VIDEO | Exclusive: Bones Bosses Revisit Brennan and Booth’s Biggest Unsolved Mysteries

In a first for the show, five of the squinterns — Dr. Edison, Arastoo, Wendell, Fisher and Finn — team up to identify the remains of a homeless man who died as a result of that tragic day.

The storyline “brings up the event, the emotional cost and the human cost in a new way,” executive producer Stephen Nathan tells TVLine. As the Jeffersonian team pieces together the puzzle, the reality of the situation and what could have happened hits Brennan extra hard now that she has a family with Booth.

RELATED | Bones: 10 New Season 8 Spoilers, Including Finale Intel and a Near-Death Experience

“[It] affects them very deeply as a couple,” adds Nathan. “They found something between them that they had never discussed. They had never opened that wound — a wound that they both have.”

Press PLAY to watch the preview and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (28)

• If only Emily could act, sigh.

Comment by Tess – November 9, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Says the person typing behind a screen, sigh.

Comment by Get It – November 9, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Where would you expect her to be typing?

Comment by Sara – November 9, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you didn’t get the point of the comment, don’t ask stupid questions.

Comment by Get It – November 12, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Deschanel is a wonderful, underrated actress. Easy to pass anonymous judgement–Get It’s point, I believe.

Comment by suzi – November 10, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she acts better than you, she have been in the acting world this long. What about you?

Comment by tamera – November 12, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beyond excited for this episode

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – November 9, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like I should have the kleenex box ready to grab on monday

Comment by yellowbug – November 9, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Season 8 keeps bringing us some really powerful moments. This promises to be a very moving episode. Can’t wait!!!!

Comment by Catherine Cabanela (@MoxieGirl44) – November 9, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems exploitative. Why deal with this now? i don’t like this one bit, leaves a bad taste in my mouth….

Comment by Mark222 – November 9, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is doing a 9/11 episode exploitative? Are we trying to pretend that day never happened, that people weren’t affected? There is never a wrong time to do a 9/11 episode because it is something that will always affect us as a country and as people in general

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – November 9, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I believe that the producers are saying that they don’t want to trivialize what people went through for the sake of entertainment and making money. I believe that this is meant to honour those who have passed, not a quick attention grab because if the subject matter.

Comment by Meg – November 10, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It focuses on the plight of homeless veterans. I’m not sure how that’s exploitative. Sadly, it’s a very real issue. I’m looking forward to this episode. I love when Bones goes dark.

Comment by Lisa – November 9, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also, it’s being broadcast on Veteran’s Day. Meaningful and poignant, hardly exploitative.

Comment by suzi – November 10, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE REAL BONES IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by me – November 9, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about this episode! It looks very amazing…keep the kleenexs handy!

Comment by C – November 9, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What “could’” have happened? But did not? Are we talking Dr Brennan?
    I only saw the first two episodes of this season but that’s it for me, I guess.

Comment by Pepper – November 9, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever since they got together, the chemistry’s gone down hill. And I don’t like how they’re portraying Emily’s character. She’s a great actress but now….she jst seems off somehow :-(((

Comment by Fiona – November 9, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you crazy they have the amazing chemistry ever

Comment by Patricia – November 9, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We must be watching different shows then, coz in the one I’m watching, they don’t

Comment by Fiona – November 11, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we’re clearly not watching the same show, because the show I watch still has great chemistry

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – November 11, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I re watched season 1 and 2 recently and could not believe this is the same show, Brennan is wooden and do not get the jokes, Booth started to act as he is not understanding the humans and need Sweets to explain it to him, everything beyond season 3 is forced and unnatural, where is the Bones I cherished and Loved

Comment by Dragonfly – November 9, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad to hear Wendell will be back!! I’ve missed Michael Grant Terry so much!!

Comment by Emily Knight – November 9, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same, I have a huge crush on both Wendell and MGT.

Comment by Sophie – November 11, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a great EP. So excited.

Comment by adrienne – November 9, 2012 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just enjoy the show!

Comment by Dovey – November 10, 2012 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the last episode, with the humor at the beginning and the end… loved Emily’s dancing at the end… how come David didn’t join in?

Anyways, should be an outstanding episode tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I always love heartfelt communication in admist the darkness of some of the storylines.

Comment by Jessie Stevenson – November 11, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I read someone or heard a video that said this one is one of the episode’s that we didn’t get to watch from last season. so it’s actually season 7 episode that will be watching. I think their were a total of either 3 or4 that was from last season and if this is one of them than we have to more to go, because we saw one already from season 7, the one where sweet’s was working with that FBI agent. I’ll have to see if I could find that video or article some where to make sure that I wasn’t just imaging it.

Comment by Lori Murray – November 12, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post