The X Factor Top 13 Results Recap: Did the Right Act Go Home This Week?

It’s got to be a particularly painful experience being the first Season 2 X Factor contestant booted by viewer votes.

“Wait, America? You’re breaking up with me? Seriously?”
“Yeah, sorry to say.”
“But we only had one date!”
“I know. It’s not me, it’s you.”
“Wait, don’t you mean…”
“Are you going to exit gracefully, or do I need to sic that Kardashian chick on you?”

Cue sad trombone.

Actually, cue Mario Lopez, as he introduces a Pepsi ad starring One Direction and Drew Brees… Wait, dude did not just try to act as if a message from our sponsor was part of the telecast, did he? Of course, he did, it’s The X Factor! Somebody’s got to pay Britney Spears for delivering her critiques into the giant green screen she’s imagining is in front of her at all times.

Let’s get to the results.

Sent to safety IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
Arin Ray
Paige Thomas (uh-oh, bad news for CeCe)
Diamond White
Vino Alan (uh-oh, bad news for Jason)
Jennel Garcia

And now a word from that Kardashian woman: “How hot is One Direction?” (Yes, we sent Steve Jones to the trash heap for this. At least he had stunning cheekbones!)

Also safe…
Carly Rose Sonenclar
Lyric 145
A slice of America (aka Tate Stevens)
Beatrice Miller
Fifth Harmony

Bottom 2/Sing for Survival
CeCe Frey: Cher’s “You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me” | Lyrics like “This is far from over, you haven’t seen the last of me” are far more depressing than inspirational when they’re being delievered in a nervous warble that’s hitting maybe one out of every five notes. Girlfriend’s voice was, alas, “pushed way past the point of breaking.” (Side note: Didn’t CeCe’s hair look like she’d beeen sent to the stage in the middle of a hair-coloring treatment? Tragique!)

Jason Brock: Life was once again a cabaret for Jason as he delivered a stripped down, slowed down twist on “Total Eclipse of the Heart.” But my word, his tone and grasp on pitch were 1,000 times more on point than CeCe. To paraphrase Aretha Franklin, ain’t no way he should be exiting stage left before the girl with the leopard-print non-tattoo.

Judges Vote on Who to Send Home
Demi: Jason Brock
L.A.: CeCe Frey
Britney: CeCe Frey
Simon: Jason Brack

And thus, the decision moved to “Deadlock” — with America’s lowest vote-getter Jason Brock getting the axe. “I did it for the gays and Japan!” declared Jason.

Finally, our hostbots announced the voting order for how the Top 12 acts placed this week — an interesting twist, although I’ve got to admit the information left me scratching my head a bit.

12. CeCe Frey
11. Arin Ray
10. Beatrice Miller
9. Lyric 145
8. Paige Thomas
7. Jennel Garcia
6. Emblem3
5. Fifth Harmony
4. Diamond White
3. Vino Alan
2. Carly Rose Sonenclar
1. A slice of America (aka Tate Stevens)

And with that, I turn it over to you.

Did the right person go home this week? Was America correct with its Bottom 2 selection? How about the overall vote tallies? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

p.s. Due to Hurricane Sandy leaving me without cable and internet for six days, there’ll be no new Reality Check till next Monday. Last week’s kick-awesome episode, however, is embedded below!

1. Slezak, I have no clue why you’re so harsh on Mario’s hosting when we have Khloe Kardashian to deal with.

2. If Tate wins, I’m so done. Emblem 3/Jennel Garcia/Carly Rose Top 3.

• Laurien says:

From your mouth to God’s ears Andrew.

• baddog says:

Emblem 3 is horrific! The shirtless guy always runs to the left of the stage to sing by HIMSELF! (if you can call that singing). And Jennel Garcia? Until she can get through a song without grinding against the imaginary stripper pole she will eventually end up supporting herself with – please!!! (and the public thought that too – neither we TOP 4!!!)

Carly Rose – top 2 (hopefully winning!).

• Ryan says:

Dude, of course you’ll be done if Tate wins. It will be the end of the season at that point. We’ll ALL be done.

• Didi says:

It’s Emblem3′s own fault that they won’t make the top ranks for a while. You can’t behave like obnoxious fools and then expect the country to like you.
      I can see them doing well in the long run though if they get their act together.

3. Mike says:

Too many girls splitting the vote. Anybody looking for something different – Vino and Tate – voted for them.

• BarbL says:

I voted for Vino mostly, but also voted for Jason simply because of how Simon was so snarky to him. I think, as far as singing is concerned, that Vino has the most actual music chops.

4. Kerry says:

I thought those might be the bottom 2. I thought Jason definitely out sang CeCe tonight and I’m mad he went home. CeCe was bad last week, last night and tonight.

• JESSICA_SANCHEZ_JUMP_IN says:

who cares about who sings good? in this reality singing competition shows we (as in people of america) don’t care about who sings the best. we only vote for the person with the most personality (personality that suits most americans if I may say) and those who are cute and sexy. (biggest nuthead example: Phillip Phillips winning over Jessica Sanchez and Joshua Ledet at Idol, Rihanna, Kesha being music superstars?) Now tell me if america has enough logic to vote and put into superstar status those who sings great! Gone are the days where we support vocal phenoms. Yeah so live with it this is the new AMERICA!

• Kim R says:

I know Jason might be an aquired taste but he can sing. He has a terrible mentor. I blame the whole thing on L.A. for not showcasing the best of Jason but instead making him a cabaret act. CeCe…not my cup of tea at all.

5. Andrea says:

The bottom two were correct. But, in my opinion, Jason out sang Cece, she should have gone home.

6. Lynda Gregory says:

I agree with what you said about CeCe not being on the notes. Although I did not care for Jason and his cabaret performances tonight he was spot on. He should have stayed but the deadlock was the fairest way to do this. I think the announcement of 1-12 place was great but also think it should be discontinued after week 6. Need the surprise element for the finale.

7. RodMod says:

CeCe was never a stellar vocalist to me.

I think most people are two swooned by her high belting (Which is actually very nice.) to realize that she is not that great of a vocalist.

Her “Save Me” song tonight would indicate just that. She sang the hell out of the belting notes, but everything other than those were weak and underwhelming.

That being said, I will miss Jason. :/

• Didi says:

Cece has a good voice but huge problems with staying on pitch. Her last two performances were painful to listen to.

• RodMod says:

I’m still not too convinced about her vocal chops.

However, I do agree about her pitch problems. Her adlibs during “Eye of the Tiger” were flat and soul-less.

She put absolutely no soul in the song.

But somehow, when she belts a strong, powerful-sounding note, all is unfortunately forgiven

8. Ashely says:

I think the right person went home, but the order of most votes can’t be right! I say top 3 are emblem3, lyric145, and carly rose.

• RodMod says:

They’re right.

I think that (From my personal experiences/conversations/dealings as a current “young” person.)
      the fan bases that would secure top 3 spots for Emblem3, Lyric145 and Carly Rose are more attracted to the “hippier”, spunkier, singing competition. (AKA “The Voice”.)

• Ashley says:

I was thinking this exact thing today.
        These results really show that the XFactor’s demographic aren’t the tweens/ teens that XFactor is trying to sell to. Which is why I think acts like Tate and Vino are at the top, while the acts that are catered to this age group (Emblem3, Lyric 135 and Jennel Garcia) aren’t doing as hot as Simon thought/ hoped. (And also, that the teens that are invested then split the vote for those groups.)

More of that tween/ teen age group do prefer The Voice (as in, my high school doesn’t give two craps about XFactor, but think The Voice is the greatest thing that’s ever happened talent reality TV.)

XFactor has every resource to “work”, and yet, it’s always to watch it.
        Not that it’s bad. Well, always bad. Just that there’s such a large disconnect between what’s happening on TV, and the viewers at home. It’s hard for performances to sound the least bit genuine when drowned in the over-production.

And as big of a fan as I was of the Demi-Simon banter before the lives, I do have to say that it’s become tiresome. Simon is such an (often unnecessary) ass towards Demi, and Demi does come off as childish in response. Brit’s lost half the time, and respect has already been lost from LA.

As Slezak mentioned before, The Voice does have a way in honestly critiquing contestants while leaving their dignity in tact. While XFactor prefers crushing their contestants’ souls, while giving others free passes. There is a way to tastefully give criticism, and The XFactor should take note.

• Mary says:

I think they are correct. Young kids are not watching these shows period. Personally the top 3
      are the only ones that you could here sing, strip down not a lot of production. Sorry Xfactor is too
      overproduced. The demographics do not support the stage production. It is alright to have staging but when it overtakes the singer it looks clumsy. I know this show is to find a manufacture
      pop star, but sorry it can’t be forced and that is what Xfactor does.

9. Mari says:

wow I’m surprise with this:

10. Beatrice Miller
    9. Lyric 145
    7. Jennel Garcia
    5. Fifth Harmony

I thought they’d all be higher!

• dan says:

That is so bizarre. I will be voting non-stop for Jennel. I thought she would be the one to beat.

• Vetle says:

Those are my exact favorites as well, so I’m flabbergasted at how low they are. :(

• Bilabob1 says:

Seriuosly! I want all of them to go far, so this is just frightening… Hope America starts voting better soon!

• teatime says:

Those 4 are my favorites along with Vino.
      Beatrice might be suffering from not being featured until they went to the judges’ houses.
      Jennel is probably suffering from her make over. I like her more for what she did before the past 2 weeks, than for her recent performance.
      The placement for Lyric 145 is a surprise for me. They are all very talented. I hope they come out next week with less commotion on stage because every one of them has great stage presence.

• FreeHaley says:

I’m stunned Beatrice was not right near the top! That is nuts. The fact that Tate was #1 makes me think the voting demo has gone very AI this year unfortunately. That won’t help Beatrice or Lyric 145 one bit.

• Calli says:

When you have singers that are similar to each other (teen girls, or cute boys, or R&B, etc), they’re splitting votes from the segment of the audience that likes that type of artist. Tate’s the only country-ish person on the show, so he’s likely getting all of that share of the audience. He’ll likely do pretty well for a while until people under him leave and their vote starts going to someone new. As the votes shift and get more concentrated around specific performers, they’ll probably overwhelm whatever country vote is out there.

• FreeHaley says:

Yeah, good points. There is absolutely nobody at all else like him in any way (and he did have his best week this week) so he has a totally non-split voting block while many of the others would be more split. (Of course then again look at Scotty, his voting block never went away and nobody else ever caught up, not even close, even when there was just about nobody left to split votes, os it depends if x-factor voting is more like AI this year or more like last year).

Certainly Beatrice probably does have a block that is getting split a lot more (plus as I said being from a region of the country that doesn’t likely give any huge hometown vote to begin with and also one which probably didn’t vote at all this week due to the disaster). Hopefully she survives long enough though and won’t be the one to get knocked off early out of her block due to all of that. Perhaps people thought she would be safe and now seeing her low will get a few more votes for her next week too.

Anyway, I’ve suddenly said way too much after not having posted for like 2-3 weeks so that is more than enough from me.

10. Larali says:

CeCe should have gone… Listening to her was as painful as having my wisdom tooth removed with surgery!! Needless to say i am not keen on undergoing the same painful situation all over again!!!

• Huusuqar says:

Yes CeCe was terrible both nights. But she deserves a few weeks of invulnerablity after what Demi did to her hair. She is hideous as a blonde, looking like a creepy boy that steals hubcaps. If Demi would admit to having no sense of style, which she demonstrates each week sitting on the panel, CeCe would be back to brunette and have a fair chance at this show.

11. Larali says:

As to finding any sense to the voting scores… Tate 1st place: do you remember “Baby lock’em doors? auch! i am scared!

12. Mel31602 says:

Jason did outshine CeCe but the latter has more broad appeal so I understand her being spared. I liked the review of the order of thr votes ( I know they do a similar thing in England at the end of the series.) I was surprised Jennel, Emblem3, Beatrice and Lyric145 were so low and that Tate and Vino were so high

13. RodMod says:

It appears as though the same demographic that controls American Idol is controlling this show as well.

…And I highly doubt that young, “Tween-Age fanbots” are vigorously voting for a 37-year-old American Flag Tate Stevens!

That being said, Tate was fantastic yesterday, so I cannot harbor any hard feelings!

:D

14. The Tate in first place scares me and I imagine this is Simon’s way of telling us not to let X Factor turn into American Idol. I’m hoping that Jennel and Lyric 145 can pull ahead and garner some votes.

• RodMod says:

“The Tate in first place scares me…”

Ha! I am pretty sure that this is what revealing the order of contestants was intended to make you feel.

Simon is one clever fellow! ;)

15. Michelle says:

I can’t stand Jason and am glad he’s gone, but CeCe won’t be sticking around too much longer, either. I was surprised that Lyric145 is so low, but it’s understandable because their remix of Mary Poppins was really odd (awesome, but not everyone’s cup of tea). I expect them to be much, much higher next week.

Not sure how I feel about revealing the order of votes. And Tate at the top? Ugh.

16. ben says:

If they repeat the decision to do this every week, it will be very interesting. It may affect the outcome. It may finally change peoples view that their vote doesn’t matter. My expectation is that things will literally leap all over the place from week to week, and I’m completely sure thats what happens on idol.

I harbour no grudge to Tate for coming out on top. I do, however, worry for Beatrice. How is she so low? How is Vino so high? How is Paige so high?

• RodMod says:

One word:

Demographics. Demographics. Demographics.

*In a Britney Spears Voice:*

Okay…that was three words. :P

• ben says:

No, demos is why Tate is first, sure. Maybe for why Jason came last. But the difference between Carly and Beatrice isn’t easily described by demos, for me.

• RodMod says:

I was referring to Tate and Jason with my comments.

And as for Carly and Beatrice, I’m sure that their ranking had much to do with their individual performances from Wednesday.

I think that most people are still reeling from Beatrice’s dynamite cover of “Titanium.”

I, however, never caught the FULL performance, so I am viewing her performance from Wednesday with less bias.

To be honest, I was not all that impressed with Beatrice’s performance. Her voice was on point, and I dig her tomboy/androgynous style.

However, the performance kinda bored me vocally. :/

That being said, I was not at all surprised with her ranking.

• dj says:

They said Beatrice was sick, so I thought she did pretty well vocally if you take that into account. She’s a trooper.

• FreeHaley says:

Bored you vocally? She is one of the few who has some grit and character in her voice!
            And she always puts in connection.

• Nikos says:

always consider two more factors 1. performance order. she was a ballad in between two energetic performances, and was early on so forgetful. 2. demographic: she was outvoted by carly rose and diamond white, who both performed much better than beatrice (this week at least) so people who would only vote once would’ve voted for the rest.

its also the reason that emblem3 and 5th harmony were middle ground, both groups took votes away from eachother. expect when one goes home the other to move up.

and as much as i thought the order wouldve been rigged, the bottom 3 were all SPOT ON

• Lili An-noln says:

Vino sings for the troops and Paige has a daughter to provide for. Beatrice, however, has two moms. Hopefully she’ll place higher next week and skip the bottom 2.

• tiffanie says:

Vino is high because he is getting respect out of his support of our troops. He deserves it in my opinion, if everyone watched the back story then you see that he has a fanbase with military. He is really likable now and so is Tate

17. Aria says:

I was intrigued to see how America voted, but I don’t know that it’s really the best move for the show – those rooting for the people at the bottom can’t vote harder (because there’s a vote limit), and it’s not like the X Factor brings in billions of new viewers weekly to significantly change up the order. And seriously, America? Tate Stevens was #1? Zzzzz…

• teatime says:

The people who voted for those in the bottom might be able to vote thru more options if they know who might be in trouble. Those who did not vote might be inspired to vote next week. This could be a good way to get more people to vote who might have thought certain acts were safe.

• Abi-Maria says:

But isn’t that just a way to screw over the top acts who might have been otherwise fine? The acts at the top were able to get the votes simply through their performances, by connecting with the audience and inspiring them to vote. The acts at the bottom didn’t inspire audiences so much, but now they might get a boost because they seem to be in trouble, even if their performances aren’t necessarily up to par.

• teatime says:

True, but also some fans of the lower rated acts might decide they have no chance and so decide not to support them. So it might help the higher rated acts there.

18. Stacey says:

Tate being number one this week doesn’t bother me, it’s only the beginning. Second, he’s country. And actually did a familiar song really well last night. And more, a female did win last year. So it’s not like Voice or American Idol where only males have won so far or in the last five years. Who knows what will happen as the numbers go down. I agree, the girls could be splitting the public’s opinion. Also Diamond is in #4, and was sent home last week. Next week could change everything. If they keep revealing the order!

19. Vetle says:

Tate topping the vote. UGH. He has the lowest amount of views on youtube. Proves that the damn country block exists. That annoys me. A lot. And Beatrice at 10th? What the hell. What is this America. I think they should have waited until the finale to reveal the votes, like in the UK. But at least this gives a certain feel.

I’m upset….

20. xtoast says:

I only watched a few of the performances so I can only vaguely comment, but I thought it was interesting that on Tumblr, the most talked about act seemed to be Vino. I would have thought it would be Emblem3.

21. Josh says:

Emblem3 sucks big time so overrated its maddening how arrogant guys get a pass and girls dont

22. Vetle says:

Also weird how Slezak has done a complete 180 flip on CeCe, whom he said was the best in Demi’s category!

• Stacey says:

She’s had two subpar. And last night was by far the worst. So not CeCe. So I can understand abandoning. But who knows, she might redeem herself next week! But she needs to stop taking advice from Demi. Demi is a bad mentor….

• RodMod says:

He’s probably realized what I realized ages ago:

That CeCe is not that great of a singer outside her belting.

Her adlibs on “Eye of the Tiger” last night were atrocious. And her “straight singing” on tonight’s episode was underwhelming.

But, oddly enough, her belts were fantastic.

I wish more people could see it this way instead of allowing themselves to be fooled by momentary greatness.

23. Alex says:

Who the hell voted for Tate? He STINKS!

• Mary says:

I don’t think he stinks. He might not be your cup of tea but he is hardly the worst. The demographics who watch the show will vote for him, sorry that is a fact. I personally would not have put him at the top; but I can see why he is there.

• FreeHaley says:

I could see him being a lot higher than I would have put him and yet…. I’d have to watch it again to verify, but if my memory is correct, didn’t Tom Cruise, not even a singer, actually put more into his performance than Tate did on that song? For the first time ever Tate wasn’t totally boring to me this week and I will admit he was solid and yet…. if I could even suspect that some actor may have actually both outperformed and outsung him on a song how can he possibly get the #1 slot?

• gigi says:

Don’t hate.

24. teatime says:

The acts with the most votes are the acts with the least amount of dancers and stage props. Please, reality TV singing shows, take note!

25. dj says:

No, America did not send home the right act. Jason’s performance of Total Eclipse of the Heart was beautiful. The superiority of his vocal was glaringly obvious, so Simon obviously had some agenda going when he voted to send Jason home. I think maybe he was trying to make amends with Demi for criticizing her handling of her acts, or else he’s just hoping Cece gets better again.

I feel sad for Jason, because I think if he would have done that performance last night, he wouldn’t be going home.

I was really surprised by the order of most votes to least. I thought it was hilarious that Emblem3 wasn’t way up there like they and Simon thought they were. They needed that ego adjustment, IMO. I think they are good, but they have no humility. I never would have guessed that Tate and Vino would be so high up. Interesting.

• Tess says:

Well, unfortunately, America wasn’t able to vote on that sing off or they would’ve kept him over her. Too bad he couldn’t have sung that yesterday instead. One thing that bugs me about the sing off is that what’s the point if the person who sings best in it doesn’t get to stay?! Clearly the deadlock was done because they (meaning Simon and the rest of the producers) knew it would be Jason going home and also then no one could complain when the voting order was revealed if it turned out they saved the lowest vote getter; plus Simon clearly disliked him.

One thing I can’t understand regarding last night (and I do think this may have swayed voting to some degree too) – Simon defended Vino’s age by noting Susan Boyle finding success later in life but then he goes above and beyond to declare Jaason too cabaret and cheesy to be able to be successful when he could’ve been lead down a more Susan Boyle-esque path given that he actually has the vocal chops for it. Just seemed to me that by having Simon and the ladies all note him to be “too cabaret” may have put it in too many heads that he wasn’t worth voting for or that his performance wasn’t good enough. He actually sang really well, even if the song he was given was a cheesy ’90s R Kelly ballad.

I also wonder what effect being directly up against The Voice played in the voting this week. It’s likely that given the ratings, anyone who watches both shows favored watching The Voice live over X Factor so that may have played a part in that vote total order. Or else the same 40-something Midwestern ladies that dominate the Idol voting are doing the same with X Factor this year…?

• teatime says:

I agree the voting this week is probably off because The Voice was on the same night.

• Mary says:

It might of been off but I believe those two were the bottom two based on the performances. Lets face it neither one would make it as a recording star.

• teatime says:

I think it was the right thing to do to create a deadlock so it goes to the vote. Simon would not have known how the actual vote went. It just lets the voters decide when the judges do not have a strong opinion about which of the 2 needs to be saved. I think the judges should make the decision only when they have some reason to think the vote might be off for the week. For instance if one artist just had one bad night the judges might want to save them to give them another chance.

26. Cleety says:

At least the top 3 were people with good strong voices. I am happy to see that. Weird about Beatrice though.

27. teatime says:

I love that they gave us the voting order! That is fascinating. All the so-called ‘shocking’ eliminations on these shows might not be so shocking if we knew what the rankings were each week.
    I find Beatrice’s ranking most unfortunate. Perhaps she split votes with Carly.
    It is great to see Vino ranked so high. I am not a fan of the spectacle. I think he has a great voice.
    Tate may be benefiting from being the only country act on the show. So all those votes go to him. He also has no hoopla on stage when he performs and IMO that should be an advantage on these shows. We are voting for the artist. Not for some stage show.

• Mary says:

I agree unfortunately that is not what Xfactor is looking for. I do not think these shows understand you cannot manufacturing pop stars. I believe there should be no staging in the first few live episodes gradually do staging to fit the songs. Sorry Demi but Paige flying in had nothing to do with the song itself. God forbid get rid of the studio audience they are so annoying.
      That is why American Idol is better than Xfactor and the Voice.

• teatime says:

You are right that if they want to have huge stage spectacles they should do it only more toward the end of the season. Let a contestant build a fan base first and let them build up to a huge stage production.
        It is still not my cuppa, but it would give them a story arch and make it more interesting. Think about it. Where does Paige go from here after already being lowered to the stage on wires?

28. Abi-Maria says:

Typo: “Jason Brack”

29. Tara says:

I think we should be allowed to vote the hosts off the show. That was just so incredibly painful tonight. OY!

30. RM says:

When the ratings in the key demo is in the 2′s, then you get Tate Stevens == Susan Boyle and Carly Rose == Janet Evancho. In other words, only older people are watching the show.

31. Danny says:

I thought Lyric 145 should have been higher. I thought they were the best last night. I think Demi is doing a terrible job with Jennel. She’s transforming her from the sweet, sexy girl next door to some flea bag ho. Keep Jennel as the girl next door and I think she’d fare better.

I don’t see the big deal in Emblem3. Simon thought they should have been 1? He’s high. The best they should have been is 3, & that’s among his own acts.

I have no major qualms with the top few acts, though I thought Lyric145 should have been among them. It’s only the first week.

I like how XFactor is ranking the acts. I wish other shows would do the same.

32. teatime says:

The acts with dancers on stage finished 8th, 9th, 11th, and 12th. Sounds like America got it right.

33. vols93 says:

Vino is horrible. You know dang well nobody would by his music. People feel sorry for him and that is it. America should not be allowed to vote lol

• BarbL says:

Vino has the quality of voice that people respond to emotionally. I like Vino because he connects with his songs and his audience. And I don’t feel sorry for him in the least; I think he’s a lucky guy to be doing what he loves. He was voted in 3rd place–that doesn’t happen from pity.

• broncfanwa says:

I would buy his music. I would buy Tate’s music. I would buy Jason’s music. Or Beatrice’s, Carly’s, or 5th Harmony’s. I like music i can listen to, that i can understand, that isn’t thrown at me with a bunch of other distractions. That makes me different from a lot of people who comment on places like this, but i’m ok with that. A lot of people who feel like i do don’t comment in places like this, but there ARE a lot of us. I guess there may be more than you think, because it looks like a lot of ‘em voted.

• TC says:

People who don’t know the difference between “by” and “buy” shouldn’t be allowed to post. How ’bout that? :)

34. vols93 says:

Ugh, I meant buy!!

35. Delon says:

I think Lyric 145 is great, but i also think that they are couple of years too late. Urban acts and hip-hop artists cannot crack Billboard’s Hot 100 top 10 anymore even if their lives depended on it.

36. Alex says:

Showing who’s leading the voting like an election poll is actually a sneakily great idea. It gives you an idea of who you should be voting hard for, to make sure they at least scrape by to the next round, so your vote isn’t wasted on a group you know is going to get through.

And also make you think “Tate!? REALLY!?”

37. Scott says:

I agree, while I enjoyed Emblem3′s performance: they are too obnoxious to root for!

38. Shy says:

I hoped CeCe would go home. Her epic bitch faces were just stunningly epic. From the moment when she found out she will sing for survival, till the moment they said she stays… I thought she will have a nervous breakdown any second. Jason on the other hand was very nice and exit gracefully.
    As a BSB fan back in a days I feel so sorry for teens who have to love One Direction simply because there are no other boybands out there right now. Boys in BSB and NSYNC were different. They all had recognizable voices, faces. In 1D there is this Harry (who is semi interesting), then there is half-blond… and then there are 3 other who I can’t tell apart or remember their faces. And then there is Wanted. They have pretty guy with shaved head who always sings and then there are 4 other who I can’t tell apart… Poor teens. This is what they have to love these days.
    Results were interesting. So happy that they decided to show them. Bast part of the show. I bet Emblem 3 and Lyric 145 though they were in the first two places. Welcome to earth guys. Emblem need to sing another way. They were just screaming the whole song. People will be annoyed if they will do this every week. Lyric 145 needs to choose better songs. Performance was great but song was so annoying.
    Sorry but I can’t tell apart those 3: Beatrice Miller, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Jennel Garcia. I don’t remember which name belongs to which face :) They can all go home. I won’t even notice. And I like former Lylas. That is the only name that suites them. But I can’t remember their faces or voices too.
    Vino’s and Tate’s results were surprising. Because I was bored with their performances.

39. Lily says:

Not a country fan, but Tate is phenomenal. If X Factor wants to survive as is, it’ll need a winner in the older age group or groups sooner rather than later.

40. greysfan says:

I am a huge X Factor fan from Australia and have seen other versions around the world including the UK and i must say what the hell is FOX doing with this show. There isn’t that same vibe about it. The judges are a load of crap bar Simon and that result? In the UK and Australia in particular they talk about the acts before they decide who goes. This time all judges just said you go home. There is something off about this version of X Factor.

In saying this, Fifth Harmony, Carly and Jenell are my favourites. Tate is good too but i am over male Country singers right now, just like i am with boybands.

• teatime says:

I have seen quite a few shows of X-Factor UK. I agree it is a very different show. There it is a much more fun atmosphere. There seems to be a lot more appreciation for the individuality of the contestants. Simon is right that Demi is changing her contestants into something that is almost unrecognizable. That is not what they should be doing. They should be helping very talented contestants to grow and to create performance that can fill a big stage.

41. Blinged Up says:

So interesting that they revealed the order of the voting results, and some of the results were so surprising!
    I think the producers are not seeing the acts who they think should be at the top of the list doing well, and they’re trying to rally the voters.
    That was really something…..my, my.

42. Marianne says:

Imo – the top 12 order is wonky and suspect.

43. shalomo says:

i thoroughly dislike this show. i’ve tried to get it into more than cee-lo tries to get into a fitted jacket. more than condeleeza tries to get into certain golf courses. more than sherri sheppard tries to get into a mensa.

44. gailer says:

What the heck did he mean he did it for Japan? lol

45. Chris says:

From what I’ve seen on the live shows thus far I don’t feel like CeCe or Paige should be in the competition. But if I had to pick between the two I’d go with Paige simply because of CeCe’s personality.

Jennel’s got the chops and a decent stage presence and comes across genuine (but she really needs to listen to Simon’s advice in regard to looks and song arrangement).

From a pure entertainment perspective I’m glad I’ll get to continue to see Lyric145! I could care less about Enblem3 – too immature for the spotlight for me. The brothers are reasonably tolerable but that third kid…

Firth Harmony has some great vocalist and they are improving.

Beatrice is a winner, all the way around and back. I can’t fathom why she’s low on the score board unless it’s purely because there are too many girls splitting up votes.

Diamond is cute – love that smile!

Carly no doubt has a fantastic voice but she’s over trained and too stiff to be so young. Reminds me of another really great, older vocalist from another singing competition that just didn’t know how to let her hair down.

I thought Jason’s personality and voice were winners but can see how he’d score low. Sad…. Go rock Japan!

Vino is good but there is something unsettling about him. I can’t put my finger on it yet…

Tate is authentic and he will do well in the county music scene regardless of what happens here, but I never underestimate the country music vote. He doesn’t have any competition in the genre either.

46. teatime says:

I have been thinking about what would happen if they never revealed the vote and the entire season played out according the the current standings. Almost every week we would have cries of shock that some supposed ‘front-runner’ somehow got voted off and there must be some issue with the calculation that week. Almost every week we would have cries of foul that someone like Tate was somehow still in this thing and explanations as to how some comment from a judge that week must be the only reason he is still in it.
    I hope they give us the results every week at least until the last few week of the competition. I would like to see how the ranking changes from week to week based on the performances and the comments.

47. trev says:

Beatrice Millers consistently slays, but I’m worried for her safety.
    Sidenote: The fact that no one is talking about Beatrice having two moms I think really shows how much progress this country has made towards the LGBT community.

• FreeHaley says:

I really hope. But #10 seems hard to fathom. I hope maybe just nobody in her area having power or having gotten to watch and vote explains most of it.

48. Emma says:

Tate was #1, Simon must be thrilled about that, he loves country music, oh wait…

49. Emma says:

I guess I can throw my hope for Bea to be in the top 2 out the window. :/

50. Slatina Whorinova says:

Seems I’m not the only one turned off by Jennel’s constant slutty writhing onstage. Would’ve loved for Cece and her thin lips, horrible voice, tragic hair and pretentious animal spots to be kicked out. Still waiting for Emblem3′s blonde rapper to perform in just his underwear.