Report: AMC Poised to Un-Cancel The Killing

Get More: Cancellations, News

This story is taking on more twists and turns than the Rosie Larsen murder mystery.

Three months after TVLine first broke the news that Netflix was in early talks to resurrect AMC’s cancelled serial thriller The Killing, the ink on the deal is nearly dry.

But in a surprising twist, the new season would actually air on AMC first, per our sister site Deadline.

SCOOP | Fresh Spoilers on Once Upon a Time, Scandal, NCIS and More in Matt’s Inside Line!

The pact would call for AMC to share the cost of a third season with Netflix, with the cabler getting first crack at airing the new episodes. This mirrors the similar (and successful) split-window arrangement NBC and DirecTV had with Friday Night Lights.

In an interview over the summer, leading man Joel Kinnaman (who, like co-star Mireille Enos, is already signed on for Season 3) told TVLine that he believed that there was life in the show beyond the Rosie Larsen whodunit that dominated the first two seasons. “We’ve invested a lot in these characters and want to see how they continue their journey,” he said. “I feel like Linden and Holder [are] just [getting] started.”

Would you watch a third season of The Killing?

Tags: ,

Comments (104)

• Absolutely will watch!

Comment by SG – November 15, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding… absolutely YES. It’s one of the best shows on TV. Let’s hope AMC/NETFLIX finally promotes the show instead of just showing weird clips that did nothing to promote it. AMC/NETFLIX are you listening?

Comment by Steve H – November 16, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will for sure watch this I loved the first two seasons this show I think would be great to see having a season 3

Comment by Joseph – November 18, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They had me day 1 of season 1! Can’t wait to see more!

Comment by Helen E. Perryman – November 18, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely watch the season 3 of the killings. Loved it!

Comment by Karen – November 21, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I would watch Season 3 with great enthusiasm. In addition to the great characters, plot and atmosphere, the rhythmic pounding heartbeat soundtrack drives the tension, and it is always a letdown when the episode ends. I want more!

Comment by Linda Mathews – November 23, 2012 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad The Killing was resurrected and wish they’d bring back Rubicon as well!

Comment by Rose – November 23, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooo excited!!! Can’t wait for it to start up again :-)

Comment by betty – November 23, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely, really liked this show!

Comment by EarthMomma – November 23, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely would love to see the Killing come back- follow up on what happened to the Larsens but work on new murders etc all of course with Holder and Linden working as a team.

Comment by Karen – November 25, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am ALL IN. I think it may be the best TV drama ever, maybe after the Soprano’s or Homeland.

Comment by Joan M – November 28, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would watch it in a New York minute!

Comment by Barry – November 28, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! Who cares about rosie Larsen now. I want to see what happens with Holder and Linden!

Comment by laura – November 29, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Season 3!! We started missing Linden and Holder as soon as we heard TK was cancelled. Hope Veena explores their relationship as they get a new case to solve together. They were the BEST!!

Comment by Andrea and Patrick – December 2, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually cancelled my cable two days after AMC announced the end of The Killing. Yes, I was that upset!!! Just got done watching the pilot with a friend who never saw it. I am now responsible for another fan. We have so many side story lines to dig in deeper!

Comment by Melissa – December 2, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was a great show. People will watch, why wouldn’t they? It’s got drama, suspense, and a twist of betrayal. It’s certainly better than The River, Flashforward, and some of the other dumb story line series on TV at the moment.

Comment by Jimmy D – December 10, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have fallen in love with this show only to find out that its been cancelled?!!! WTF?!
    I’ watched it all on Netflix but I can’t find the 2nd season….where can I find it?

Comment by Khkeru – December 10, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looks like it’s still available on itunes.

Comment by bw – December 29, 2012 01:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely. Been waiting to see if there was going to be a third season. I love the actors and if The Killing were not going to have another season someone should create a show along the same lines for all the actors involved.

Comment by Vicki Corey – December 19, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I myself would love to see this show continue…..

Comment by karen – December 22, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A second season of Rubicon wouldn’t go amiss either….

Comment by karen – December 22, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see what happens in the show it was getting interesting, the people want to know what happend next.

Comment by Reagan Phalange – December 30, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I found this great article through @TheKillingonAMC on twitter comparing the leads from The Killing to other shows leads like Hannibal and Elementary. I think that The Killing is an excellent show and I’m looking forward to season 3.

Comment by partnersincrime2813 – April 23, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, yes, yes! I definitely would. I had no idea, until I was on AMC, that they were bringing it back. I thought it was cancelled and toast for good!

Comment by Aubrey – June 1, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joel Kinnaman is an up & coming actor! If Netflix can ink him for an extended time they should jump on it!

Comment by Alex Chavarria – January 13, 2014 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post