Report: AMC Poised to Un-Cancel The Killing

This story is taking on more twists and turns than the Rosie Larsen murder mystery.

Three months after TVLine first broke the news that Netflix was in early talks to resurrect AMC’s cancelled serial thriller The Killing, the ink on the deal is nearly dry.

But in a surprising twist, the new season would actually air on AMC first, per our sister site Deadline.

SCOOP | Fresh Spoilers on Once Upon a Time, Scandal, NCIS and More in Matt’s Inside Line!

The pact would call for AMC to share the cost of a third season with Netflix, with the cabler getting first crack at airing the new episodes. This mirrors the similar (and successful) split-window arrangement NBC and DirecTV had with Friday Night Lights.

In an interview over the summer, leading man Joel Kinnaman (who, like co-star Mireille Enos, is already signed on for Season 3) told TVLine that he believed that there was life in the show beyond the Rosie Larsen whodunit that dominated the first two seasons. “We’ve invested a lot in these characters and want to see how they continue their journey,” he said. “I feel like Linden and Holder [are] just [getting] started.”

Would you watch a third season of The Killing?

1. SG says:

Absolutely will watch!

2. Steve H says:

Are you kidding… absolutely YES. It’s one of the best shows on TV. Let’s hope AMC/NETFLIX finally promotes the show instead of just showing weird clips that did nothing to promote it. AMC/NETFLIX are you listening?

3. Joseph says:

I will for sure watch this I loved the first two seasons this show I think would be great to see having a season 3

4. Helen E. Perryman says:

They had me day 1 of season 1! Can’t wait to see more!

5. Karen says:

Definitely watch the season 3 of the killings. Loved it!

6. Linda Mathews says:

Yes, I would watch Season 3 with great enthusiasm. In addition to the great characters, plot and atmosphere, the rhythmic pounding heartbeat soundtrack drives the tension, and it is always a letdown when the episode ends. I want more!

7. Rose says:

Glad The Killing was resurrected and wish they’d bring back Rubicon as well!

8. betty says:

Soooo excited!!! Can’t wait for it to start up again :-)

9. EarthMomma says:

Absolutely, really liked this show!

10. Karen says:

Definitely would love to see the Killing come back- follow up on what happened to the Larsens but work on new murders etc all of course with Holder and Linden working as a team.

11. Joan M says:

I am ALL IN. I think it may be the best TV drama ever, maybe after the Soprano’s or Homeland.

12. Barry says:

Would watch it in a New York minute!

13. laura says:

Love this show! Who cares about rosie Larsen now. I want to see what happens with Holder and Linden!

14. Andrea and Patrick says:

Can’t wait for Season 3!! We started missing Linden and Holder as soon as we heard TK was cancelled. Hope Veena explores their relationship as they get a new case to solve together. They were the BEST!!

15. Melissa says:

I actually cancelled my cable two days after AMC announced the end of The Killing. Yes, I was that upset!!! Just got done watching the pilot with a friend who never saw it. I am now responsible for another fan. We have so many side story lines to dig in deeper!

16. Jimmy D says:

This was a great show. People will watch, why wouldn’t they? It’s got drama, suspense, and a twist of betrayal. It’s certainly better than The River, Flashforward, and some of the other dumb story line series on TV at the moment.

17. Khkeru says:

I have fallen in love with this show only to find out that its been cancelled?!!! WTF?!
    I’ watched it all on Netflix but I can’t find the 2nd season….where can I find it?

18. Vicki Corey says:

Absolutely. Been waiting to see if there was going to be a third season. I love the actors and if The Killing were not going to have another season someone should create a show along the same lines for all the actors involved.

19. karen says:

I myself would love to see this show continue…..

20. karen says:

A second season of Rubicon wouldn’t go amiss either….

21. Reagan Phalange says:

I would like to see what happens in the show it was getting interesting, the people want to know what happend next.

22. I found this great article through @TheKillingonAMC on twitter comparing the leads from The Killing to other shows leads like Hannibal and Elementary. I think that The Killing is an excellent show and I’m looking forward to season 3.

23. Aubrey says:

Yes, yes, yes! I definitely would. I had no idea, until I was on AMC, that they were bringing it back. I thought it was cancelled and toast for good!

24. Alex Chavarria says:

Joel Kinnaman is an up & coming actor! If Netflix can ink him for an extended time they should jump on it!