NBC's Chicago Fire Gets Full-Season Order

Chicago FireThe freshman drama Chicago Fire lights NBC’s fire, and as such has earned a full-season order.

The ensemble series, fronted by Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney and Eamonn Walker, got off to a lukewarm start with its launch on Oct. 10, placing third in the 10 o’clock hour with just 6.4 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating. Even so, NBC showed faith by ordering five additional scripts in late October.

Come this Wednesday, the firefighter drama enjoyed robust week-to-week growth — in part due to its special-occasion led-in, The Voicesurging to series highs of 7.1 mil and 2.3.

RELATED | Chicago Fire Scoop: Fairly Legal’s Sarah Shahi Joins Cast as Love Interest For [Spoiler]

ChiFi is the fourth NBC noob to get a full-season order, after Revolution and the comedies Go On and The New Normal.

1. BOOYA says:

Look at that guy. I can see why people watch this show. They should have him naked all episode long.

• tp says:

IKR!!! However it’s hard for me to believe that’s GaGa’s bf.

• Leo says:

Any show with Taylor Kinney deserves a full season pickup.
      Hehe.. I’m really happy that they’re starting to beat Nashville in ratings and viewers.
      CF is really underrated at first but glad to see so many people tuning in!

2. Wrstlgirl says:

Him and Jesse Spencer….YAY on the pick up!!

3. Sara says:

Woohoo! Awesome news. Definitely a weak start, I’ll admit, but week after week it’s gotten better and I really quite enjoy it. My Wednesdays are Criminal Minds & Chicago Fire….couldn’t be happier with that ;D

• Rrrrrr says:

Unless you watched Supernatural,, Nashville and AHS on Wednesdays too. Then THEN you couldn’t eat any better. Wednesday is the best day of the week after Sunday when it comes to TV

• Sharona says:

I agree totally – the pilot was awful but the show has steadily improved. Glad it’s getting a shot!

4. Sara says:

Yay! That is fantastic news! Now maybe ABC can pick up a full order of Last Resort, pretty please?

5. Wrstlgirl says:

Hee Hee I’m so excited I gotta post again. My favorite new show. YIPPIE!!

6. jsswite says:

It may have started off so slow because Nasiville was the critics’ pre season darling. I tried Nashsville for three weeks because of the cast but even Eric Close, Connie Britton and Jonathan Jackson could make it interesting. What a yawn. I switched to Chicago Fire and never looked back.

• Amy says:

Yeah, I checked out AHS because I loved Connie Britton. Didn’t make it through the first season. I checked out Nashville becuase I loved Connie Britton…didn’t make it through the first month. I guess it turns out I don’t love Connie Britton. I just love Tami Taylor. LOL.

• Wrstlgirl says:

I agree about Nashville. I’ve fallen asleep the last two weeks. Total snoozefest but I bet ABC sticks with it.

• Chloe says:

Agreed! It’s way better than Nashville!

• Carol says:

I’ve watched both shows from the start and while Chicago Fire continues to get better and better each week, I’m beginning to wonder why I’m still watching Nashville. The critics definitely got this one wrong.

7. Amy says:

I watched the first two episodes but gave up. I guess I should check it out again, especially since I’ve decided that Nashville just isn’t doing it for me.

8. Jared says:

Great news!! One of this seasons best new dramas.

9. Dean says:

That is great news. In the words of a certain cartoon baby ‘ Yes, Victory!’

10. Amanda says:

Yay! All I wanted to hear!!!

11. kim says:

That’s great news! Jesse Spencer, Eamonn Walker and Jason Beghe (the dirty cop) are all awesome in this show.

12. Guy says:

A week too soon. They should have really waited until next Thursday…

13. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Heather says:

I’m glad to see this great news tonight! This show has gotten really great lately and I’m happy they got their full season. I guess I’m the rare person who enjoys both CF and Nashville so I was hoping they would both get full seasons. One down, one to go! =) (And I hope Lt. Casey kicks that cop’s behind next week!)

15. Christian says:

Chicago Fire is awful. The only thing that would salvage this turd is if it were on cable and we could see Taylor Kinney’s naughty bits. Alas, no such luck!

16. Jon says:

Nashville was way overhyped. I think the increase in viewers of Chicago Fire is because all the people are abandoning Nashville. I did.

17. Isabelle says:

YES!! I am so happy. I’ve been singing the praises of this show from the start and I’m so happy to see the ratings go up and now a full season order. Hopefully it keeps getting better and better. I love that its not the same cop doctor dramas we already have, I love seeing the firefighters and EMTs working so many cases a week, this is a character driven show and that’s my favorite type. I cant wait to see how it continues to develop.

18. ddutchie88 says:

great news! If you stopped watching after the first episode(s) please give it another chance! In the third episode the show found it’s groove and from then on, it has been an excellent drama. From the all the new shows I’ve checked out this year, Chicago Fire is now by far my favorite :)

19. Elyse says:

YAY! so happy :) love this show!

20. Melissa says:

Yipppee!! Love this show from the start. So happy that is getting a full season it deserves it!

21. Anna says:

Yessss! More hot and naked firemen! How could anyone not wanna watch this?!

22. sarah says:

Best news!! So happy! This is a great show.

23. CJ says:

This makes me really happy. Loving this show so far!

24. kayla says:

Great news! I love the interactions between Boden and Casey. I like Severide too, but I wish they’d give him a better story than the hurt shoulder. The decision appears to be easy, get surgery because the alternative is risk permanent damage (the choice of disability leave versus permanent damage and never being able to do the job again). The painkillers only address the pain not the underlying injury. It’s hard for me to get into this particular storyline because Severide comes off as looking rather silly. On the other hand…love the Casey-Voight storyline!

25. GD says:

Yay Jesse and Taylor on my TV for a full season… if not more

26. kayla says:

So does this mean that TVLine will post more articles about Chicago Fire? I hope so. It has been the ugly stepchild up until now. It seems that the commentators here disliked the show (maybe based just on the pilot) and heavily touted Nashville. Even if they still don’t like the show, I hope they at least give it a little more attention, maybe even spoilers .. (and not just stories about Taylor Kinney’s girlfriend!).