Burn Notice Renewed for 13-Episode Season 7

Barely 24 hours after Jeffrey Donovan teased the dickens out of the twists on tap for any possible seventh season of Burn Notice, USA Network went ahead and officially renewed the series.

Season 7 of the spy drama will be comprised of just 13 episodes (versus the 18-episode runs for Seasons 4 through 6), yet allow the series to hit the 100-episode mark — making it only the third USA series to do so.

RELATED | Burn Notice‘s Jeffrey Donovan: One of Michael’s Worst Decisions Ever Will Tee Up Season 7

Burn Notice resumes Season 6, of which there are eight episodes left, this Thursday at 9/8c.

1. Kevin W. says:

I’m blanking on the other USA series to hit 100 episodes…i know Monk did, and Psych will this season…

2. cody says:

do they know if this will be the final season?

3. Billy bob says:

This will hit 100 and monk… What’s the 3rd? Does psych have 100?

4. Monica says:

Does Silk Stalkings count? That show went on for 7 seasons, I believe.

5. Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

If it is indeed the last season, then I can’t wait to see how it all ends. What a great show.

6. chris says:

LUV Burn Notice! Glad its going to continue next year!

7. Ryan says:

White Collar will make 100.

8. Jk says:

Probably Psych as it will reach 100 before BN season 7.

Although. I think Silk Stalkings deserves honourable mention.

9. susan says:

Supernatural

10. Lauren says:

What about political animals?

11. My USA shows are Burn Notice and Psych. Thats it. They took the procedural thing and ran with it way too far. Psych is just too funny and Burn Notice is my hometown. Think FX USA.

12. Emgee says:

AWESOME NEWS!!!!

13. Rachel says:

Hmmm, cutting down the order makes it seem like they’re getting ready to cut it off. Is there anything in the works at USA? They seem to be canceling a lot of shows.

• Patrick says:

It is widely accepted that this 13 ep order will be the swansong for BN. Most of their recent cancellations have been because the show underperformed. The team that developed their hits is gone, and the well appears to be dry. WC is great, and Covert Affairs is solid. After that?

As these shows age, they get much more expensive. They just get too costly. The entire core cast has too many other options. Keeping them is too expensive.

• Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

Widely accepted by who? Armchair speculators? It might be but until they say so you do’t know anything more than anyone else lol.

“Burn Notice is like a fine wine that gets better with age,” said USA Network Co-Presidents Chris McCumber and Jeff Wachtel. “Delivering high-octane action, gripping drama and nearly 7 million viewers for the mid-season finale, this veteran series is a proven staple of our portfolio.”

Sounds far from “widely accepted”

• Kate says:

They are having issues with filming in Miami that may have something to do with the uncertainty.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Please read the Jeffrey Donovan interview posted today; he says everything is in fact honky dory with the city of Miami, that people are operating off old information.

• Kate says:

Glad they got it worked out, but I live in Miami so I know the city has been difficult with BN and some of the other shows in production down here. It has been a big source of contention since these shows bring a lot of revenue to the area.

14. Courtney says:

Boo yeah!!!!! :D

15. Carrie says:

Cool beans.

16. ohlala says:

why do shows try and reach this magical 100 episode count? fringe is doing it too. it is just to be cool, or do the actors get paid more or something?

17. Justin says:

Great news!!! To me, this is one of the best shows on television.

18. Kim says:

I think they should go longer than 7 seasons but since they are shortening next one, its pretty certain that the show will end. So sad and sucky. They should just stop filming in Miami and move to another location if it will keep the show running longer.

19. Kim says:

Most shows film in Canada cuz I’m sure it’s cheaper to film there or maybe they could film in some other part of FL for the beaches.

20. bonobobutts says:

It makes me sad that shows of this super excellent quality only get seven seasons and a movie AND a series of super excellent tie-in novels.

• Tlhintoq says:

NCIS is on season 10. Law and Order on… 13 isn’t it? and their casts make a good paycheck. Shows that stay good creative and marketable stay on the air because executives don’t kill what makes money. If a show ends its because the cost to income ratio makes it Unfeasible or the writers don’t plan well and paint it into a corner or just run out of ideas. Nothing magical just common sense.

21. Cory Tobin says:

Yes!!!!!!!!!! this is one of the best series ever! A modern day MacGuyver. I like this show a lot!!

22. Sable says:

I would wager that White Collar will be the 4th show to reach 100 episodes. I’ll stay with Burn Notice, which I still love, until its end, and I’ll probably wind up buying the dvd set.

23. Richard larbey says:

Great news for A 7th season of this brilliant show! Super cool ,action packed ,funny,and so entertaining! Everything british tv isnt! Thank god for cable, especially the fx channel, or else id be stuck with bbc/ itv/c4/c5 drivel! So many good shows,american writers definatly lead the way!

• Flan says:

Did I just hear someone say American TV is funnier than British TV?
      Are you having a laugh?
      Is he having a laugh?
      You’re having a laugh.

24. Vinnie says:

This TV series is my all time favorite. Season 7 shouldn’t be the last. I hope it keeps going.!!!!!

25. damien says:

How I Met Your Mother is an American sitcom that premiered on CBS on September 19, 2005, created by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, and directed by Pamela Fryman.

it has 176 episodes and still counting…

26. RC says:

USA network is going to close the best series they ever showed Burn Notice I hope they close down and get burned they are burning them selfs for being so stupid