Exclusive

Exclusive: Bunheads Stages Another Gilmore Girls Reunion, Casts Liza Weil as [Spoiler]'s Sis

Bunheads Gilmore GirlsBunheads is once again dipping into the Gilmore Girls talent pool.

Liza Weil, who played Rory Gilmore’s scene-stealing pal Paris, will guest-star on the ABC Family dramedy as the relative of another socially awkward character, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Bunheads Exclusive: Sibling Dancers to Diversify Season 1 Ensemble

Weil will appear in the Jan. 14 episode as Milly, the sister of Stacey Oristano’s Truly. Unfortunately, the two siblings aren’t on the best of terms.

In addition to Bunheads creator Amy Sherman-Palladino’s late WB/CW series, Weil credits include Scandal, Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy and In Plain Sight.

Other former Stars Hollow (and Stars Hollow-adjacent) residents to have visited the show’s fictional Paradise during Season 1: Kelly Bishop (Fanny; GG’s Emily), Rose Abdoo (Sam; GG’s Gypsy), Gregg Henry (Rico; GG’s Mitchum Huntzberger), Chris Eigeman (Conor; GG’s Jason “Digger”) and Sean Gunn (Bash; GG‘s Kirk).

Bunheads returns Monday, Jan. 7 at 9/8c.

1. Maris says:

Yes! Paris!

2. I hope her character is nothing like Paris. We do not need Gilmore Girls part deux.

3. Ck says:

Don’t forget Todd Lowe! Gilmore girls’s Zach was the one eye plumber Davis on Bunheads!

4. Barb says:

Let’s not forget that Todd Lowe (aka, Zack Von Gerbig) showed up on Bunheads, as well! It’s a new drinking game–take a drink every time you see a GG alum. :)

5. Alice says:

She was also on West Wing. Playing almost the same character she played on Scandal. And ER, she was the wife of the patient who killed Lucy (before he was the lead on Numb3rs.) She needs a show.

6. BabblinBrooks98 says:

Thrilled to see Liza back!!!! I hope she stays in Paradise. Loved her character on Gilmore. Won’t expect anything less than fantastic on Bunheads. Casting is awesome on this show! The Sherman-Palladino legacy continues!

7. Why has no one given Lisa Weil her own show already?
    She was awesome on Gilmore Girls and I loved her guest-stars in E.R.when she was married to that dude who stabbed Carter.

8. Mary says:

Alex Borstein also had a cameo in the pilot as the hooker who lived in Michelle’s building in Vegas. She was MIss Celine and Drella on GG (as well as being cast originally as Sookie).

9. Allyson says:

Now one of these days I hope we can get a Gilmore Girls reunion movie. Please ASP let that happen.

• Sara says:

Bunheads lost me after about 4 episodes. The desperate stunt casting to try to lure GG fans is sad. I can’t stand the wet noodle star, KB is just reprising Emily. Plus the recently widowed lead has already hopped in the sack with “Digger’, come on to long driveway guy and made out with the surfer dude in front of the whole town with Hubbel barely cold. No class to this show at all.

• uniqblue69 says:

It lost you after episode 4 but you continued to watch til the end? Loser!

• Sara says:

No I read the articles on this and other sites.

• Whatevah says:

Why post on this then? Just to let us know you didn’t like it? I could have gone all day w/o knowing or caring about that. I like this show. So there you go, now you know I really like it

• Sheila says:

I don’t think you’re being fair to the show. Michelle isn’t a bed hopping tramp. After sleeping with the guy, she thinks about Hubbell and breaks down in tears. The character is lost and trying to figure out what to do with her life.

On paper, it sounds trashy, but there is more happening that you miss by reading articles rather than watching. There is character development happening. It’s fine if you don’t like the show and don’t want to watch, but I think your label of “no class” is wrong.

10. Brandy says:

I love this show & can’t wait for it to come back.

11. Sally says:

Tom the Contractor, as well.

12. SanaA says:

Wonder how long before they replace the main cast with Gilmore Girls cast and change the name..

13. Jennifer says:

PLEASE let her be Paris’ long lost sister or something!! And please let her have some scenes with Kelly!! This is one GG actress I definately wanted to see on the show. I know she’s playing Truly’s sister but maybe she can replace Truly.

14. Andrea says:

Also Biff Yeager who played Tom the contractor on Gilmore Girls. He was in the Bunheads episode when Michelle was trying to find someone to redo the floors in the ballet studio.

15. Kim says:

Gilmore Girls was one of the best shows ever! Bunheads is awesome too. Keep em coming!

16. Terri says:

You forgot Todd Lowe as Davis (Zack on GG)

17. Maxwell T. Kropog says:

Yay! Liza Weil is great, I only wish someone other than ASP would see that and make her a regular, or at least give her juicier roles.
    Also, the guy who plays Sasha’s dad was the catastrophic date Emily invited to friday night dinner for Lorelai in season 1 of GG.

18. BrianR says:

She didn’t last long in scandal.

19. RainDance says:

I didn’t think I’d like this show, but after the first episode I was in love with it in some strange way. It’s got a lot of charm.

20. Steve says:

On the final episode of Bunheads, we’ll find out that the entire series was Lorelai’s dream.

21. Templar says:

Someone needs to perform Venusian mind control on ASP and have her write a TV movie that ties up the loose ends in Star’s Hollow. I need Lorelai and Luke expecting a baby and Rory back with Jess.

• Hbomb says:

No way! Jess was a tool.

• Erica says:

I agree! Jess was a tool. All these years later, I still want a GG reunion with Luke and Lorelai together and Rory and Dean together (just like what was foreshadowed in the Donna Reed episode and the P.S. I Love You episode)! I can’t help it! That’s what I want!

22. jlove says:

Also GG’s Tom (the carpenter), and TJ (Luke’s brother in law)!

23. rb says:

Yes! TJ the magician in the latest episode!! I know this annoys some people, but I love seeing all the GG actors. I do a lot of theater, and it’s like a family reunion when you get to do a second show with someone you’ve worked with before. When people in this business click, they continue to work together.

24. A real GG FAN and a new Bunheads fan says:

Love the show, but the “La, La, La” background music is just TOO GG. Please at least try to change that part of the similarity between the two. When I hear it I keep having GG flash-backs and GG rocks this show out of the water. Otherwise it’s a great show.