The Boy Meets World Sequel: Your Top 20 Reactions - and the 7 Best Story Ideas!

Boy Meets World SequelA beloved boy may soon be introducing his girl to the world — and you all have a lot to say about it!

Last Friday, we broke the news that Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series, titled Girl Meets World. And while we certainly thought the scoop was exciting, we had no idea it would generate such a fan frenzy.

You cheered, you jeered, you hooted and hollered, and we heard it all — so much so that we took it upon ourselves to compile the best reactions for and against the series. A few of you even pitched some pretty clever story ideas for the potential offshoot (most of which involve a wise man named Feeny), so those have been included below, as well.

TOP 10 PRO REACTIONS

“Feeeeeee-he-he-heeeenay!” –Peter

“Even if this was the worst show ever, I would watch religiously. So many feelings right now.” –Jake

“Had it not been for this show, I would have died happy in the knowledge that [Knight Rider's] KITT was, in fact, a talking car. In spite of that disheartening revelation, I liked it.” –Michael Sacal

“WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MAKE THIS HAPPEN.” –Paul

“I was thinking this exact concept for years now. This took them long enough. I’m so excited!!” –Paayal

Boy Meets World Sequel“I will only support this if Adam Scott makes multiple appearances as Griff.” –M

“If they honor the heart that made the show great, this cannot go wrong.” –Rachel

RELATED | Debby Ryan Previews Jessie‘s Next Adventures (Including Another Crossover!)

“This is what America needs! Vote Cory!” –A-willy

“I am 29, single, without kids, and suddenly feel the need to get the Disney Channel.” –Hannah

“Are they serious? Um.. please say so. I have been such a hug fan of Boy Meets World [from] when I was little. In fact, I learned some of my morals on this show. I cannot believe this is in the talks. While others might be not so excited about this transition but me, I think you know where I stand.” –carpediemflores

TOP 10 CON REACTIONS

“Please NO. Boy Meets World was such a cute and amazing series conducted with tenderness and heart, Disney Channel would just turn Cory’s and Topanga daughter in a slutty skank that just wants to be famous as a singer or an actress. This is not going to happen, period.” –Jo3y

“I am so torn on this. While I would LOVE to have Boy Meets World back in my life, I don’t think I am ready to watch Cory and Topanga’s CHILD on tv. As if I don’t feel old enough already.” –Sara

“Not sure how I feel about this. I loved Boy Meets World (I still watch the reruns constantly) and a sequel could be cool if, like others said, they don’t ruin the tone and innocence of the original. Boy Meets World SequelOn the other hand, The Disney Channel hasn’t cranked out a decent show since the 90s so they could potentially be ruining the childhood memories of hundreds of fans. I think this would be cooler as a one-off TV movie, a sort of ‘where are they now?’, rather than a series. Also, it says they are in talks to get the original stars, but I do not want to see this idea go forward with different actors playing Cory or Topanga or both.” –J

“If this is on ABC family or even ABC I’m down. If it’s on Disney Channel, I’m out. It’ll likely be another tween sitcom if its on Disney Channel, which would alienate all of us that grew up on the original.” –Joey

RELATED | Disney Channel Renews Good Luck, Charlie for Season 4

“This is going to be terrible. Way to ruin the greatest TV show that has ever existed.” –Morgan Macabre

“MIND. BLOWN. I just don’t know how it will fit into the Disney Channel now. Boy Meets World back in the day had substance, with episodes actually meaning something. I really hope they don’t make their “preteen” daughter a wanna-be singer/actor/whatever…because really, that’s basically all Disney does these days.” –me

“AWFUL IDEA. I really hope Ben and Danielle say ‘no’, and this series doesn’t get made. Disney Channel doesn’t do shows like Boy Meets World anymore, so it may have this name on it but it will be so much worse. Just leave the show what it was, and make another show about a preteen girl if that’s what ya want.” –Courtney

“This show doesn’t need to be aired on a channel where 99% of its viewers weren’t even ALIVE or CONCEIVED to know what Boy Meets World is. Seriously. Put it on ABC or some other channel that’s more deserving. It should be for the REAL 90s kids.” –Nora

“Can’t wait for the Boy Meets WorldStars Wars crossover episode.” –Ray C.

“It sounds like trainwreck waiting to happen, but I’d watch it. fo sho.” –cjeffery7

TOP 7 STORY IDEAS

“So here it is — Eric should live above the garage of Cory and Topanga’s house. Mr. Turner should live next door and follow the daughter up through school like Feeny did. Feeny should be principal at John Adams High. Frankie and his dad should be the wrestling coaches that pick on Shawn’s son. Minkus could be another teacher that the daughter has and gets in trouble with, resulting in a parent-teacher conference between Minkus and Topanga… so many possibilities!” –Randi

“Cory and Topanga’s daughter falls for Shawn’s bad boy son. Make it happen, Disney! –I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore)

“If this happens, I hope they name the daughter Beverly Glenn (their future daughter’s name in the “Plays with Squirrels” episode).” –KS

Boy Meets World Sequel“Would it be too much to ask that Eric + Jack are married in this sequel? Cause those two were totally gay and that would be a really bold move for Disney to make. Their kids could go to school with the main girl.” –mia

“…Make Eric a teacher at the school.” –Sarabeth

“OMG so excited!!! I hope Cory and Shawn end up as next-door neighbors. And I can totally imagine Angela kicking Shawn out of the house for a night and Shawn having to sleep on the Matthews’ couch! I so hope Disney doesn’t mess this up!” –Aly

“I’d freak if Feeee-he-heeeeeenay was her principal. Her version of Cory, or even Shawn, needs to be Minkus’ kid.” –Topo GiGi

TOP FAKEOUT

“Just want you guys to know that @BenSavage and I have talked and we’ve decided…Thanksgiving is going to be delicious this year!” Boy Meets World star Danielle Fishel via Twitter, after news of a sequel broke

How are you feeling about a possible Boy Meets World sequel? Any brilliant story ideas of your own? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Commentary, News, Pilots

1. Sarah Andrea says:

I think it would be awesome if Cory’s daughter would do similar things that he did and the show would would play real flashbacks from the original show! That would make it so epically awesome!

2. AnonDream says:

I miss the old Disney, but they can’t pull it off. Make this ABC, please. There is just no way any kid of Cory and Topanga can turn into one of those Disney characters that are on right now. :-( Boy Meets World is a sacred memory, there’s nothing wrong with showing reruns.
    If this is going to work, this new audience needs to be conditioned to 90’s tv.
    Rerun Sister, Sister; Smart Guy, Boy Meets World; In a Heart Beat; Brotherly Love (yes, please, Disney. Bring back the Lawrence Brothers)

3. Abby says:

It’s totally true that Disney does things so superficially these days that this show is at risk of becoming nothing like it’s original, beloved form. (Like Degrassi vs. Degrassi: TNG). Alas, TNG found an audience, and I hope this does, too. Except what I’m most interested in would be the returning characters (Cory, Topanga, Shawn, Eric), and the only returning character we’re likely to see with much regularity, in the same role we love him for, is Feeny. And is it just me, or have Ben and Danielle barely aged in 12 years?

4. Marie says:

I’m very excited to hear this news. However, I would LOVE to watch this show as an adult,
    I don’t watch a single show on the Disney Channel. If the Disney channel still showed The Torkelsons, I might watch that station. So, I agree with the Top Con Reactions. How about TGIF line up instead??

Also, the 7 Story Ideas are hilarious!

5. Leslie says:

Rileys friend Maya is Shawn’s daughter. They did say she was a lot like Shawn…..;)

6. hana says:

Luv that 1 of my fav tv shows as a Teen is coming back. But not thrilled it’s on Disney Channel, ABCFamily if not on the major ABC Network. ABCFamily is teen/adult friendly. Disney is all about Teens and being perfect. Like Disney but not for a show like this…

7. Please no daytime dramas says:

You do realize that this show is Girl Meets World. Not Boy Meets World 2. It may have the original cast, but I seriously doubt they’re going to base episodes off of, for example, one of the couples having marriage problems. Even if that detail is thrown in somewhere, it won’t be a major part of the show. Of course, everybody’s throwing in points where the drama comes from– but what about.. you know.. the original feel of the show that everyone’s begging for? The family values? With everything I’ve read in the comments, you would think they were re-vamping Reba or Friends.

8. Danae says:

I’m nervous but excited.
    I don’t want them to mess it up, b/c show many of the shows on TV today aren’t good.
    Boy Meets World was a show that made me laugh, think, cry, and I could relate to it.
    I want to see what happened to the characters.
    Shawn and Angela have to be married! And well I just have so many ideas.

9. kerith says:

you people do realise that BMW was NOT an original Disney Channel TV show right?!

10. Ciara Wimley says:

I’m not quite sure how to feel. I’m excited but when the point is made regarding the content of Disney shows, I agree that BMW might not fit! And it makes me sad. PLEASE DON’T RUIN THIS!!

11. Caitlyn says:

My initial feelings of them making a sequel was beyooond excitement!!..but I think we all knew that if at least Danielle and Ben didn’t sign there wouldn’t be a chance in hell this show would make it.I’m so glad to hear they both signed but the biggest mistake shows make with sequels is not hiring the same actors for the same characters.If they’re planning on writing in anyone else from the original cast they better use the same actors if not,I know everyone would be against it so either they hire the same people or don’t write them in at all.I’ve seen on RIder Strong’s twitter that he wont be joining GMW which is fine but I still feel a bit iffy on the whole thing cuz Cory and Shawn’s relationship on the show was just as special as Cory and Topanga’s and I cant imagine Shawn not being a part of the show…but since its mostly going to be focused on C&T’s daughter I think they could get away with Shawn just making a few appearances now and then.exact same thing with Eric.everyone in the show had some funny moments but all of Eric was funny so if they don’t have the comedy Eric brought to the show idk how things are going to pan out…fingers crossed though!almost no sequel to anything has ever been better or just as good as the original but they are working with the original producer so I’m having some serious faith in them and hoping for the best!

12. martha says:

wow yay!!!!!!! u guys should totally bring it back loved boy meets world

13. MPeach says:

I cannot wait for this to be release! I watch Boy Meets World reruns every morning while I am getting ready for work and cannot wait to introduce the next generation to the Mathew’s!!

14. April Matthews says:

I cant wait for the show to air I grow up watching this show and Have missed it so bad

15. Samantha says:

Disney, please do not screw this up! All Disney shows now are terrible they try way to hard to be funny which just makes it unfunny and awful. I just don’t think Disney would be able to portray the same witty telivision show that once was.